#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

Gee, maybe this was a salon of Clay fans? You know, the ones who know what is in everyone's head, secret messages and all. I guess my secret message was ignore what I say, do what you want.

:lol: sorry about your hair troubles but this was bwah worthy...gosh you guys are all so funny!!!!

No sooner do I sit here and type this than the ball starts bouncing. I will return with great Clay comments after I play with the dog.

:lol:

Methinks if Clay read this, he'd do that whipping motion he did during JBT after that conversation with the new hubby who let his wife do all the decision making----

Maybe play is....pu_ _y whipped? :blink:

Ok....now you KNOW the missing letters are "p's" y'all! :glare: ^_^;):lol:

Edited by muskifest

Yup I guess that will be how I will look at it too...I just can't help hoping that he gets to sell the final 100k by the end of the year...pretty tough almost impossible to do...but I hope so anyway. :)

Yes, I think it could be a difficult thing. But -- do we know what the promotion is for the coming year, after the holidays? I know I don't. I'm with playbiller in that I'm guessing a major push of some type will happen around Valentine's Day. Her idea for a TV special is a good one; I'm still thinking a rerelease with DVD footage added will happen. Plus, there's always that AI connection....

I think what some fans have to be ready for is that when Clay has the artistic control he is looking for...that the musical direction he takes will not be what they are watiing for. He also may not become the big radio star they are hoping for. It's really not all about payola...payola only opens the door for you, the music still has to resonate with the target audience of the radio stations. So when the instant success does not happen who will they start to blame???

Yep. I would seriously love to talk to Clay and find out what musical direction he wants to go in...but since that will happen the day they discover that the moon is really made of bleu cheese, I don't assume anything in regards to his musical direction. The only thing he's really said to me in an interview is that he likes to sing pretty melodies. That could take him practically anywhere. He might also go exactly as many of the fans want him to -- the pop/rock, BFM type of music. That would be cool too...but it's not guaranteed.

ETA: And I hope he is wearing glasses. She HATES him in glasses! (Ok, maybe now I am getting just plain evil..... :ph34r: )

HEH....no problem there...I love glasses Clay. If he looks like UNC Clay, YUMMM

Yummmmmy Clay in glasses. Love that. I hope it happens tomorrow too....

It is kind of shocking how Claycentric some people's world is. I also think there is an inflated sense of his status in the entertainment world. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he's not a star. The fact that he gets so many great appearances attests to his position as a bona fide celebrity. However, I just don't think he's quite at the level where he or his label can demand anything and expect to get it. Some fans seem to think that if he's not doing X, Y, or Z, it's because the label is trying to keep him down. However, it may not be that simple. It's possible that not every show can accommodate his schedule, or can even appreciate his drawing power.

I love Clay with my whole heart, but he is simply not my world. (He's muski's. :D ) I just simply feel that many of these people had NOTHING in their lives before Clay, or nothing at least that made them happy like Clay did. But the balance shifted in their lives -- it went from nothing to everything, and the pendulum is too far in the opposite direction. Balance is what is needed, and for some reason, some fans don't feel that necessary.

saw this at the CH...whatever we personally felt about the Christmas special this is great promo for Clay...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

From Rock on TV:

A Clay Aiken Christmas

Bravo

Thu 12.14 09:00 PM ET

Fri 12.15 12:00 AM ET

Sun 12.17 10:30 AM ET

YAY! Even though I'm one of the few who has watched it more than a few times, I've got it put down on my calendar again! YAY!

So when can people finally let go of the notion he has been abandoned....

Ah, but you see, this is promo for the Christmas album, not promo for ATDW. Two totally different things. :blink: But not. I sure hope the retailers get their acts in gear and put ATDW with MCWL, because I think dual sales can easily happen. And WalMart sure better be on the ball too. I might have to get Clay Aiken fan on their asses if they don't. *g*

Gee, maybe this was a salon of Clay fans? You know, the ones who know what is in everyone's head, secret messages and all. I guess my secret message was ignore what I say, do what you want.

BWAH!!! Hope you have better hair soon play!

Only just skimmed. Been busy this afternoon, which is good. Took my mind off my pouting. ;)

Ansa - this woman and her daughter are VERY close and from what she tells me and from what I have observed they have a great relationship. Although since she never tells her daughter no, who knows what would happen if she did!

You know, I'll deal (although the glasses, hair and camera thing still hold....). Still pissed but I'll deal.

That's life, as they say.

And now I must get moving and row home. Row, you say? Yes row. Its a damn deluge here. The rain is coming down in torrents, the wind is whipping around. You know, one of those rains where you can't see 2 feet in front of you? So it will likely take me at least double my usual commute (which is already 30 to 40 minutes long) and then I have to hope when I get home I can get up my driveway and it hasn't flooded out and that if I can that my kitchen isn't flooded!

What a perfect way to end a perfect day! <snark>

((((Claygasm))))) hope you stay safe and as dry as can be....well at leaat we will surely get some clack tomorrow.

eta: well I guess my other theory about your friend is a bust. The other extreme is...she is very much enmeshed in her daughters life...not always very healthy. I know there are parents that think the way to make their children happy is to give them everything they want...I just don't believe that. This reminds me of that family in that reality game show treasure hunter...it was a minister his wife and his daughter...the daughter was the biggest spoiled brat baby I have ever seen...imagine a 5 year old having tantrum at every turn...except she was in her early 20's...not a very good scene.

I am back - puppy whipped, there is a reason that I stopped and played with her, ya know. I was running errands all day today and we did not get to spend our usual hour plus at the dog run and I did not even take her for a long walk. My reward for playing with her HARD, is that I am rewarded with an hours peace. She is napping now, after gnawing away at her ball for a while after playing.

Yay for the Christmas special playing on Bravo, think how few Christmas specials are left today, so few. It is a shame everyone was sick for this one, it kind of made it less than perfect, but still nice compared to, oh, say the simpson/latchey special. I would love to see Clay try his hand a a second one. I would like it if last year's "play" was made into one, I think that would be more compelling, but they need better actors and maybe a little more punch to the script. How wonderful would that be? Add in a bit of the church part.

I went to a few stores today and found that there is a bit of disparity to the CDs - B&N had one ATDW, One MOAM and one MCWL - ? They had a standing cardboard Groban - during Clay's week, they had a standing Diana Krall and another display of new CDs with a Clay poster on top right by the door. I am glad to say, there seem to be more and more MCWL at Target. The first year, they sold out right away and had no more, then last year, they sold out the first week of November and did not reorder.

I think this year there is a bigger supply because they figures ATDW would lift it in sales, now it seems that it might work in the reverse. Maybe MCWL will lift sales of ATDW.

19 and the idols and RCA

Nothing cracks me up more than hearing how 19 and RCA are in cahoots. I see them more like entities that are tied together but really hate each other. 19R slows donw album production by being another sign off. 19E is trying to get out of the contract. 19M is no longer an issue. BMG tolerates 19 because they can make money off the deal. If there was any other way, they would not bother.

19M did manipulate things in 2003, but I think they used Clay as leverage to get Ruben some gigs. We will never know how many gigs Clay lost because of their manipulation, besides Letterman, but what is done, is done and they no longer manage Clay. Someone was talking about RCA forcing Clay to sing a song on AI not on any album (Fantasy) - I really laughed at this one, like he did not have any disco songs on his album, folks! Wasn't Fantasy a deliberate thing to get Clay off of direct competition with Larry King? It was not the last thing he had to do either, there was the Fantasia party that Fear went to, but always left a bitter taste in people's mouths, since it was some kind of weird publicity maipulation.

What is truly interesting to me this year is that Taylor and Kat have the same non-19 management, yet 19M signed Kellie Pickler and Chris Daughtry. I guess, if nothing else, this shows how the show has favorites, but they can't really control the outcome.

Edited by playbiller

EEEEEEE! Just saw the promo for tomorrow's R&K - Dancing with the Stars peeps, ambush makeover, and CLAY AIKEN!!!!

Clay, maybe you can train Kelly to respond to the STFU cue:

th_mmclaywave2.gif

I also have a wish list of places for Clay to visit while he's in NYC: Taping Christmas songs for GMA, The Today Show and The Early Show; a surprise visit to Letterman to do the Top 10 list; a cameo in a SNL sketch; a lengthy trip to see Steeve to get the hair back into the Martha Stewart look.... [Hey, it's my wish list and I don't like the UNCC hair. :P ]

For play and Holly:

2_jumping_balls_md_wht.gif

((((Claygasm))))) hope you stay safe and as dry as can be....well at leaat we will surely get some clack tomorrow.

eta: well I guess my other theory about your friend is a bust. The other extreme is...she is very much enmeshed in her daughters life...not always very healthy. I know there are parents that think the way to make their children happy is to give them everything they want...I just don't believe that. This reminds me of that family in that reality game show treasure hunter...it was a minister his wife and his daughter...the daughter was the biggest spoiled brat baby I have ever seen...imagine a 5 year old having tantrum at every turn...except she was in her early 20's...not a very good scene.

THIS is my friend! Only her daughter doesn't throw tantrums that I am aware of! This is an only child conceived after years of fertility treatments and my friend is a Jewish mother - in every sense of the word! I guess I shouldn't be surprised she would do this. :blink:

It is what it is. Can't change it. I'll work through it. May not be able to watch the clack right away, but I will eventually. And I won't let it ruin our friendship. I'm not that petty.

But I was thinking - her daughter is very cute and has big boobs. I think she wanted her with her hoping to attract Clay's attention! B)

And if she gets to meet him, all bets about how mature I may act are off! :glare:

Obviously I am home safe and sound! Wild drive but at least I made it and my kitchen isn't flooded. Maybe my luck is about to turn!

I think I am going to make myself a vodka and tonic. Yup, that's what I am going to do. The world never seems so bad when you have a drink in your hand! ;):spit:

I found this in CH...

Posted by AngellDontGo at CB:

Quote:

Video Clip from Clay's KIIS interview @ EONLINE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods I didn't see this posted yet , you can delete this if it has been.

I just found a brief video clip from Clay's Kiis interview from 11/14/06 at EONLINE. Clay talks about what it's like living in the spotlight.

e online Clay interview

I hope this link works!

OMG!!! Clay is sooooooooo GORGEOUS!!

His eyebrows look a little wild!!! :D:D

The world never seems so bad when you have a drink in your hand!

Hee! That's my girl! ^_^ :trink3: :704: :voll::juul:

I'm off to walk the doggie...then take Alex and her friend to play practice...then back home to figure out a way to get Carrie to clean her room while I clean mine...while I wash about 50 loads of clothes that have been piling up...then...

Hey! Wake up! You tellin' me that ain't fascinatin' stuff up there? :angry:

:lol:

Hey it certainly pays to visit old haunts...

from sleepless in ca in CH

I got this cute Tyra e-mail just now. I am glad I signed up for her website! :

Hey there!

I am sitting at the computer right now typing away, and I haven't brushed my teeth yet, so I've got some serious morning breath. Why do we have to wake up with such foul smelling mouths in the morning? Why can't I wake up with my mouth smelling like mouthwash??? I flossed last night, brushed with an electric toothbrush, rinsed with strong cinnamon flavored mouthwash and used my tongue scraper - yet I still wake up with a mouth that smells less than fresh.

Do you know what a tongue scraper is? It is a device that removes any gunk from your tongue and keeps your breath fresher longer. You can buy it in the drugstore. It is great in the morning, cuz it does get that extra bit of bacteria out of your mouth so you'll stay fresher smelling longer. But at night...

Someone that has the freshest clean smelling breath is Clay Aiken. I know cuz he came on my show, and I had one of the most fun interviews with him that I have ever had. I am so in love with him. He is so funny, loving and just darn amazing. He even sang with me. Yes, we did a duet. I was awful. He sounded like an angel. Clay has the most loyal fans in the world. They call themselves "Claymates." I told Clay I am a "Clay-frican American," meaning that I am an African American that loves Clay Aiken. Get it? You gotta see how much fun we had. The show airs next Wednesday, November 22nd.

Oh yeah, and I ask Clay the one question that everyone is dying to know the answer to. You gotta watch!!!

Much Luv,

Tyra

P.S. I'm going to brush my teeth and gargle now, so I can be so fresh and so clean today!

P.P.S. See the photo I have attached in this email? This is me right now. I took it right at the computer. I am doing a little modeling trick. My eyes looked a bit tired this morn, so I am pulling my skin slightly at the temple to tighten the skin around my eyes. It's kinda like an instant facelift. Try it. It works!!!

I found this in CH...

Quote:

Video Clip from Clay's KIIS interview @ EONLINE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just found a brief video clip from Clay's Kiis interview from 11/14/06 at EONLINE. Clay talks about what it's like living in the spotlight.

e online Clay interview

I hope this link works!

Oh, how cute is that. OK, so the eyebrows are a bit skeery...but it's Glasses!Clay! In a dorky sweater! I lurve that about him. Of course, he probably didn't think he was being filmed...heh. I lurve him.

Love the email from Tyra too. Sounds like she's a smitten kitten. (Of course, if she was a kitten, Clay wouldn't be close to her. *g*)

BTW, reminder -- MCWL listening party this Saturday evening! See here for more details!

Anybody wanna fess up with me and say out loud that the sweater and polo that Clay is wearing is the same outfit he wore on...

(Cue game show music!)

WHAT television appearance a year ago?!?!??! ;)

Is that LK??? second appearance?

I found this in CH...

Quote:

e online Clay interview

I hope this link works!

Don't stone me, but where oh where is the hot Clay in my avatar? :unsure:

Or Muski's avatar?

He looks awful! :o

I know this was only radio, but please don't tell me I am the only who hopes the stylists at DOOL got hold of him!

Anybody wanna fess up with me and say out loud that the sweater and polo that Clay is wearing is the same outfit he wore on...

(Cue game show music!)

Is that LK??? second appearance?

Hmmm...I just looked through my files and found that was the sweater that he wore on The View at Christmas TWO years ago.

The man certainly does like to recycle his clothes. He's a thrifty one, that Clay Aiken.

Hey, I know! Clive makes him wear the sweaters! I just know it!

AAAACCCKKKK! The EYEBROWS, they will haunt my dreams! :blink:

The Tyra clip - way too much fun is to be had there. Can't wait!!!! :lol:

Couchie - recomputerized?!!! Yeah!!! :D

ETA: I stole a screencap from the Clayboard. He's punking us, right? Lawd Jesus, I'm askeered about what tomorrow's gonna bring...

KIISInterview.jpg

I gotta go knock back a few :trink3: and watch the Tyra clip a few dozen more times.

Edited by bottlecap

I'm back!!

YAY!!!! couchie is back...hey join us tomorrow morning as we watch R&K

Yay! and just in time for a new Tyra clip!

OH GOSH...how cute is that!!! and I love the pompadour look!!!

hee I think ldyjocelyn is right he wore it in the view...LK was also an argyle sweater but I don't think its the same.

post-2-1163733417_thumb.jpg

LKL

post-2-1163733522_thumb.jpg

The view..

so they do look similar.

eta: pffft....I got the pictures first!!!!

(Cue game show music!)

Ok, I stole the answer from EAYOR.

Ot was The View!

And here's the proof.

View12_09_04_05.jpg

ETA: Ansa - looks like we posted at the same time!

Edited by Claygasm