#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

The boards (well, the two I have read so far anyway...) are abuzz with how bad this whole thing was - how there was so much tension between Clay and Kelly, how Clay came off as arrogant, how Kelly came off as rude, how bad it was that Clay put his hand over Kelly's mouth and Kelly made some comment about not knowing where that hand had been, how bad ATD was etc, etc.

If all that's true, this cohosting gig was obviously orchestrated by Clive/RCA to further destroy Clay's career! Damn them! ;)

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

You've got to be kidding me, right? OK, I haven't seen it, only read the summary from Ansa...but still. Have these people not watched the show before? I KNEW it would be battle of wills between Kelly and Clay with them talking. You put two chatter boxes together, you get tension. Duh. Clay came off as arrogant? Gee, that's usually known as him having "balls of titanium." Kelly rude? Well, that was probably a given. Can't comment on the ATD, but usually for me the times he sings live where I think he sounds not-so-good are the ones where everyone else is falling all over themselves, and vice versa.

*sigh*

Well, all in all, it was amusing. Do I think it sold anymore albums? I am not sure, did not mention MCWL at all, I thought they would mention both.

I am sure a lot of this is loosely scripted, I just wonder how much off script they went.

And I am sorry, dogs and cats mating was pretty repulsive to me, as well, so I am in Clay's court on this. Clay's court, get it, heh, heh

No I think this is all ad libbed..I think they do have a list of what to talk about...the only thing they have scripted is the intro of the different segments.

I do think that would've given Clay some nice bump...I am now starting to question whether ATD kis a good thing to sing over a maore well known WY...oh well.

WHAT??? well i am going to stay away from the other borad then cos I am loving this. ATD wasn;t that good but I thought it was great.

GAH...just stay here...

Well, its not all bad. Someone now wants Clay to give up his singing career to concentrate on being a talk show host! Basically they said he'll never have that much success as a singer because he'll get bogged down in the industry but he would be a star as a talk show host! Besides, singing isn't really what he wants. He just does it because its there. :blink:

The fact that every B, C or D list "celebrity" seems to end with a talk show at some point and they usually fail is beside the point. :P

People are too close, it is like parents at a little league game - some see their kids as perfect and the coaches as having favorites and not playing thier kid right and the others criticize the kid with everything they did wrong and what they have to fix the next time. General overreacting fan group.

I was just watching a performer. I have seen other guest hosts and they are generally retiring, Clay came out on a roll, I assumed he was taking direction (they have a director). Most of the guest hosts are forgettable, I don't think Clay knows how to be forgettable, especially with his talk show talk. I don't think they clicked seriously, I think Kelly did have a bit of a problem when the audience booed her for the Clay costume - although the wink was pretty funny. The wink is always pretty funny. I don't know how comfortable she felt in front of an audience that was his, instead of hers.

Disaster - no way, one of their better shows, but I generally don't like R&G anyway and watch Tyra if I am going to watch at this time.

Edited by playbiller

Well, its not all bad. Someone now wants Clay to give up his singing career to concentrate on being a talk show host! Basically they said he'll never have that much success as a singer because he'll get bogged down in the industry but he would be a star as a talk show host! Besides, singing isn't really what he wants. He just does it because its there. :blink:

The fact that every B, C or D list "celebrity" seems to end with a talk show at some point and they usually fail is beside the point. :P

Why does it ever have to be either or...Clay can continue singing and having musical portions during his show...and he can tour during hiatus...

OK..sorry its so difficult to keep up with the recaps...I will try to add some more recaps next hour...I think i can find R&K on sat tv every hour...

but I am watching and I don;t see tension ebtween Kellya nd Clay after.

I bet the same usual people have problems with this...

hee...even ATD sounds better the second time I watch. I do think the girls wer also off today...one of the off notes I noticed at first was not Clay but Angela I think...

I don;t think Clay clicked as well with Kelly as he did with Tyra but much better than Martha... and I think slightly better than Megan.

Man, I love it in here!

I think from now on this is where I will spend most appearances....

AWWW I have learned my lesson long before...watch it first and form my own impressions...then maybe..jsut maybe check out other boards. Just check the names of the posters first and you probably can rpedict what they will say.

even if things didn't run smoothly, it's not the end of the world. It's a learning curve and process. Clay is so witty, and fast and so used to being in control.... and he rubbed against somebody in the same position. So there was tension. Sounds like they got back on track. And he probably learned a thing or two as well. Live TV is not easy...and Clay, WHEN he gets his own show LOL... with that mouth of his and the way he goes with his impulses would probably be "in trouble" all the time. But it makes for good, interesting TV. If it unsettled him for a bit, that's ok too... he's human after all.

Want to whoo hooo Clay ACAC being shown on TV and three times no less. Good job. Isn't he a producer on it? YAY.

Also, Silver Bells does seem odd for a "praise" show but what the hell, he's singing so it works for me. I have Direct TV and a tv tuner...guess it's about time I learned how to use it. It has been 3 years LOL. But I'm sure there will be clack of it out there.

So, I lost my entire entire drive. That was fun, NOT. The only thing clack related that I lost was oh, 3 years worth of photos. Everything else was on my other drive. So I'm in mourning, particularly for my "favorite clay pictures" folder. It will be fun getting them all back though.

So Muski...you know tonight is the listening party for MCWL...do you still want company? Can we do that at your place?

People are too close, it is like parents at a little league game - some see their kids as perfect and the coaches as having favorites and not playing thier kid right and the others criticize the kid with everything they did wrong and what they have to fix the next time. General overreacting fan group.

I think that's a great description of "our" relationship with Clay. What's fun are the fans who seem to be both these types at the same time. :blink:

even if things didn't run smoothly, it's not the end of the world. It's a learning curve and process. Clay is so witty, and fast and so used to being in control.... and he rubbed against somebody in the same position. So there was tension. Sounds like they got back on track. And he probably learned a thing or two as well. Live TV is not easy...and Clay, WHEN he gets his own show LOL... with that mouth of his and the way he goes with his impulses would probably be "in trouble" all the time. But it makes for good, interesting TV. If it unsettled him for a bit, that's ok too... he's human after all.

Good point. I still think this was probably an audition for "Every Day with Clay Aiken!", and he may have discovered how hard this work could be.

BTW, Claygasm, I remember a year and a half ago when the copyright for "Every Day with Clay Aiken!" came out and someone suggested that it could be the name of his talk show. OMG, the hubris that day -- "no, no, NO! He must be a rock star singer first!" Now, it's almost a 180 degree turn, isn't it? Honestly -- I'd love for him to try it, even if the success rate isn't particularly good, as you point out. Ansa, ITA with you that him being a singer and him being a talk show host aren't mutually exclusive. There seems to be lots of "black and white" ideas in the fandom; me, I like grey. *g*

couchie, good luck on getting your pictures back. If you need help, let me know, although my picture collection is very unorganized!

So Muski...you know tonight is the listening party for MCWL...do you still want company? Can we do that at your place?

Ummm...ummmm...it's TOMORROW night for the listening party. :D

I just read where Clay taped MDYK for their Christmas show and was heading over to GMA to tape something.

They also said ATD sounded better in the studio (where have we heard that before?) but that he skipped the second verse? How odd he would do that? I guess for time?

I am having a real hard time not hating my friend and her spoiled brat daughter today.... :glare:

Here's a cute Clay and Tyra picture from People.com.

Edited by Claygasm

Couchie...its tomorrow night...I thought I told you that but maybe I just got you more confused.

OK...there is no R&K this hour...so no more recaps from me...not really doing well with that cos lots of distraction.

My personal assessment...I thought it was great. It showed Clay's personality...and no he isn;t always sweet...he isn't a yes guy, he is very sarcastic and funny and quick witted and a bit impulsive. I really thoguht he and Kelly did well cos ther was no boring moment at all. Poeple just have to sit back and let all kinds of disaster happen, this is what this show is known for...controlled chaos.

I find that the hosts that does the best with talk shows are those that don't fear to look foolish...don't fear making mistakes and can laugh at themselves. Kelly knows this and loves emphasizing this. So I don;t really think she got on Clay;s case too much. Its possible she was just not used to having such a feisty co-host.

I just read where Clay taped MDYK for their Christmas show and was heading over to GMA to tape something.

They also said ATD sounded better in the studio (where have we heard that before?) but that he skipped the second verse? How odd he would do that? I guess for time?

I am having a real hard time not hating my friend and her spoiled brat daughter today.... :glare:

Here's a cute Clay and Tyra picture from People.com.

EEEEEEEEEEE for MDYK and GMA taping...he is going to get some nice appearances during december. He still may visit other morning shows during his tour.

Yeah its obvious he had to skip the second verse...they were really pressed for time and I think if he did we wouldn't have dancing Clay.

Over at EAYOR they are saying that ATD sounded really, really bad, that he won't sell any CDs with that performance.

Could it be that even Clay is getting tired of that song?? I know I am! ;)

I thought one of the funniest comments I read was that they thought Clay was growing out his hair just to piss his mother off! Now that sounds like Clay! :lol:

And reports are that Mary, Kristy and Nick were there. Just the same old entourage!

Not everyone has 50 copies of ATD to compare performances, some times you have to step back and just look at this one. My curiousity was peaked by his changing to many notes. Clay is not allowed to be sick. I thought he sounded fine, just not sure why all the changes. He does seemed compelled to have the big note in this song though.

EEEEEEEEEEE there is another R&K at 12 pm for me... so much Clay!!!

ok...if you guys are not sick of it I will try to add more to the recap...that is my Cait allows me to wathc Clay...she gets home at 12...

Just finished watching R&K. I was yelling at the t.v.: STFU Kelly. And what can I say about Clay, he is such a dork, but a great dork. I can see him having his own show. He seems to be very supportive of the guest, when Kelly allowed him to be. As for the song, yeah, I heard a few cracks, but it was 9:00 in the morning and I have always heard, that a singers voice is not the best in the morning hours. But I just lurve Clay, being a dork or being a ROCK GOD, lol. I will take him both ways. Don't cut the hair. Leave it at its length it is now. He is so so so cute.

Everybody have a good day, off to the salt mines and those beautiful nice white jackets that I seemed to need this morning after watching that w*%#@% Kelly. Am I being to mean to her??? LOL

Have a good day

G

Well, the stars must be outta whack today. We overslept at our house and Alex missed the first class of the day (She has a 7 am class! :blink: )...then there was some sort of mess in the tube (underwater tunnel on way to work) and the traffic was awful.

Then I get here and check in at FCA to get the scoop on Clay and Kelly and...

:blink::unsure:

Hmmmm.... :ph34r:

The thing is (and of course I would know since I've NOT seen minute one of the show yet! <_< )...I bet Clay was really, REALLY nervous about this gig. He usually APPEARS nervous even when he might not be feeling truly nervous...but I can imagine the fidgeting and whatnot...and Kelly is such a bigmouth in any situation that the two of them together....well..

Bet he would have a good time with Regis, though.

Hand over her mouth? Bad move. I can see some people in real life getting pissed at that, even with good friends....so WHOOPS, Clay.. B)

And I agree wtih a poster on EAYOR if this is true. He needs to stop with the "he/she's getting all my attention" and "my fans will beat you up" schticks (sp)...It's funny the first time, but after that it's like the 'can't go to the grocery store' story---so yesterday.

The song? I'll have to wait to listen to it from a Clack gatherer and let you know. I've always thought that song is a train wreck waiting to happen anyway. The glory note challenge and the plodding sameness of the 'melody' that needs great vocals and phrasing (IMO) to keep listeners' interest. If he's off a little, it shows too easily in this particular song, I think. But whatever.

Hope he had fun....can't wait to see it. When's the clack? :D

when I get off?

Uh....georgia? :unsure:

Do you REALLY want me to answer this? B):lol:

ETA: Evidently, this is definitely one of the days I'm glad I don't have a certain board as one of my "favorites" here at my computer at work....too much hassle to go to it if I can't just click, ya know? ;)

I'll just pop in here from time to time and play with the nice fans.... :blink:

Edited by muskifest

Shallow post ahead.......

I miss Kimmel hair. I hated the bangs when they first came out. HATED. Hated how dark it was, hated that they were halfway down his nose. HATED.

It was better by Leno, but at Kimmel - PERFECT! The shape, the cut, the length, the color. It was all soft and shiny and looking so good. *sigh*

Now it just looks ick. There is no real style to it. It emphasizes his receding hairline. Just looks a mess to me.

At least the color looks about right.

*Sigh* again.

I really miss Kimmel hair. Look at my avatar! I miss that.

But I would still do him in a heart beat. B)

Shallow post over.....

Edited by Claygasm

Sigh... I feel bad cos I cannot watch R&K anymore...Cait is now firmly watching her favorite programs...will just have to wait for the clack. I am not puppy whipped...I'm baby whipped :D

For those that haven't seen the show...don't rely on my recap...I missed a ton of really funny moments. It was so tough to do the recap during the show...so many funny moments and a lot of very funny asides from both of them. For those that felt bad that Clay was giving Kelly a hard time...remember she is the one that was ready with a picture of a cat and pushed it at Clay when the producers were told that he is scared of cats. My point is...this is what the show is about, putting each other on the spot and seeing how the other deals with it. You guys should watch when its Howie mandel on...that is tough job for Kelly cos he never stops. And Kelly can get pretty physical. So yeah I think it was a no no for him to put his hand on her mouth but he recovered beautifully...he really looked totally cute with his naughty boy am sorry look.

About the ...this is my audience schtick...I thought it truly evolved naturally and Clay was just going with the way the hour started. Kelly was the one who gave so much emphasis to that. I really don't see Kelly being unhappy with Clay..she was truly havng fun with their banter lots of laughing from her.

I will say that this ATD was not as bad when I watched it the second time. I am always more critical when I first watch him. I would say it was similar to the Megan ATD. It was short...and I think the girls were also off so it is not one of his best.

Claygasm...the bangs was always my favorite look...but I think we have to be used to this for a bit. I have a feeling his mom wanting him to get a haircut is making Clay dig his heels in. But he is getting a lot of positive feedback from others so thats good.

EEEEEEEEEEE

clack unlimited now have the AVI versions...you guys gotta check out the opening chat and the mario and karina segments...I hope that is the one with Clay dancing...

Can't watch until I get home but what's next on his no promotion schedule?

Is it finally Tyra time??

I don't even know when Tyra is aired in my area! :blink:

ETA: Saw these pictures at the CH. They look like paparazzi shots of him leaving R&K in a car. Wonder if he's leaning forward to tell the driver to lock the doors? :D

Edited by Claygasm

Can't watch until I get home but what's next on his no promotion schedule?

Is it finally Tyra time??

Clay will be on ET, don;t know when but OFC said they were supposed to do backstage stuff...so either ET or Insider

Well there is the snowflake thingy...thats tomorrow.

Then Tyra on Wednesday...

And I agree wtih a poster on EAYOR if this is true. He needs to stop with the "he/she's getting all my attention" and "my fans will beat you up" schticks (sp)...It's funny the first time, but after that it's like the 'can't go to the grocery store' story---so yesterday.

In a way, I agree...but I also see this as his "comfort story" -- the one he can go to time and time again, to settle himself down (especially if he was nervous about this gig, as you suggest). And I will have to say that many celebrities have these kinds of stories -- the ones you've heard 50,000 times from them. From Clay, it's cute almost every time in my book.

Besides...I happen to believe that he ENJOYS that supposed power of the fandom. I mean, when Kimmel asked him if his fans would kill someone if Clay asked them to -- I realize Clay was shaking his head "no," but I'm sure he knows that answer is probably "yes." In a way, his ego is getting stroked (heh) with his Clay Nation, and I think he likes it.

Now it just looks ick. There is no real style to it. It emphasizes his receding hairline. Just looks a mess to me.

Several months ago, I would have sworn that the bangs look was a "no muss, no fuss" haircut for him. Now, I'm thinking just the opposite, because this is definitely a no-style hair thing he's got going. You're right, it does make it look like he's going bald (probably because of his fans *g*...or wait, it's because of Clive Davis! :P ), but he also looks like he's just Clay out with his buddies, and a guy who doesn't seem to care all that much. Should he care? Hmmm. Part of me says yes, because he IS a celebrity now, whether he likes it or not. At the same time, though, it does mean IMO that he doesn't try to lord his celebrity over EVERY aspect of his life, his looks included. I don't know.

I still find him adorable.

Tyra's website LIES for my area. She says it's on at 3:00 but my DVR says otherwise. Fortunately, the Oxygen channel also carries it!

I wanna go home. I wanna see Clay.