#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

A midday report from a NYC CVer's (dancermom2) husband on the Snowflake site:

He just called to say that he walked by there and said the snowflake is now up...last night it was just cables that they had strung...and it's on to test it. They have a small stage set up. It's going to be bedlam. This is one of the busiest corners in NYC and it's the high tourist shopping season.

And a picture of the venue from dancermom2's husband.

Snowflake1.jpg

Edited by bottlecap

I haven't seen this posted here yet (unless I am blind as a bat!), but its a picture from the GMA taping. The effect through the glass makes it look so ethereal!

taping.jpg

Hmmm. What time is the snowflake thingy? Do I have time to get a train to NYC???

Nah, I think its too late for that.

Oh well. Guess I will have to go food shopping instead. :glare:

Did anyone describe the street SUV chaser? I would kind of like to look out for them today and preferably not stand near them for fear of being trampled.

Looks like I won't have my new phone with me, I have to program it with my numbers and to learn how to work the darn thing. It looked so easy in the store, but there are twice as mony buttons and they don't do the same thing.

I guess I am getting old. When I finally stop playing DVDs on my computer and get a DVD recorder, I probably won't know how to program it.

So I a,m packing gloves, wool scarf, good binoculars, water, energy bar - I amy be standing in a crowd for a long time. What am I missing? I haven't used my 35 millimeter for a long time, my digital camera has no zoom (one of the first) and my new phone does not have a memory chip yet, so no film from that. I will not be a video person, sorry.

Have fun Play!!!!

Thanks for bringing over that explanation about the sound problems. I think several people mentioned finding the mix to be off and Clay was sounding much louder than the band. However, aside from that technical glitch, I am wondering if he is suffering from a bit of inflammation in his vocal chord area. I don't think its bad enough to really cancel performances, but I strongly suspect he is not in tip top shape. There is a lack of suppleness in his voice...a bit of struggle. It still sounds good but not as good as when he started this promo in September. I hope he gets to rest after today. The only other live appearance he has is the AMA. He won;t be singing or talking too much for that.

Aww I would love to see New York during Christmas Holidays.

We are showcasing the other banners that were submitted to our banner contest during the weekends...

for this weekend we are using "Red Hot Love" Banner by Karebear65 our second Placce winner...

REMINDER: MCWL Listening Party...tonight starting 9 pm EST...you can go to

MCWL Listening Party Thread

it will open at 8:30 pm EST...See y'all there!!!

OKAY - I have not caught up with this thread, but Playbiller just called - she said the children have started singing Sleigh Ride, and she has not seen anyone she knows yet in the crowd.

She will be calling me back, she is saving her battery!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE thanks for the info.

Cool to hear from playbiller! I am tuned into the CV cellcert, so I'll bring reports over as I get them.

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!! It's been a long time since the JNT05, when we spent all those December evenings huddled over our computers, listening and chatting. This is a good warmup for the Christmas tour.

The Snowflake cert has started:

Several hundred people (apparently more than they expected); the childrens' chorus all have blue UNICEF ski caps on, as do some of the other UNICEF people; one of the cellcerters talked to a UNICEF person, who said Clay is the nicest person in the world.

Stage set up with UNICEF emblems; there do seem to be professional camera people around. Clack is being gathered, so EEEEE!

Edited by bottlecap

The Snowflake cert has started:

Several hundred people (apparently more than they expected); the childrens' chorus all have blue UNICEF ski caps on, as do some of the other UNICEF people; one of the cellcerters talked to a UNICEF person, who said Clay is the nicest person in the world.

thanks for the reports...keep em coming!!!

UNICEF PR guy: "Clay is very highly respected, and not just everyone can be a UNICEF ambassador."

The snowflake takes about 10 hours to assemble. The crowd is hanging around outside of Tiffany's and is kind jammed together.

They are passing out cookies. Many Clay fans, plus other New Yorkers. The other celeb there is a football player, but he's not Clay, so the cellcerters don't care who he is. :lol:

The cookies are shaped like snowflakes and blue Tiffany boxes. There will be pictures of the cookies, because that stuff is important. ;) Lots of UNICEF people being lead into to front, but the stage is raised, so the sightlines should still be good.

The cellcerters are being interviewed by a radio station guy from NYC.

Not much action going on right now, so the cellcert is relaying a funny conversation with a non-board Clay fan who tells her husband that all the Clay-related activities she goes to are for "the kids" - as in "The kids will enjoy the concert" or "The kids will love to see the snowflake lighting". Ha! Clay Fans - lying to their SO's since 2003. :P

Mayor Bloomberg is expected to be in attendance.

Not much action going on right now, so the cellcert is relaying a funny conversation with a non-board Clay fan who tells her husband that all the Clay-related activities she goes to are for "the kids" - as in "The kids will enjoy the concert" or "The kids will love to see the snowflake lighting". Ha! Clay Fans - lying to their SO's since 2003. :P

BWAH....

What do they expect to happen here? Is Clay supposed to sing?

Children singing Winter Wonderland now.

Sleigh Ride - still the kids. Imagine me drumming my fingers here. I'm sure the kids are very cute and all, but I'm waiting to hear from Mr. UNICEF Ambassador for Education.

Edited by bottlecap

CLAY - grey jacket and then buffering! AAARRGGGHHH!!

... and apparently a long coat.

Some dude is now talking about the construction of the snowflake. He's pretty clear, so hopefully Clay will be too.

ETA: Now the guy is gratiutiously throwing Clay's name into his speech so the crowd will squeal. :lol:

Edited by bottlecap

Children singing Winter Wonderland now.

Sleigh Ride - still the kids. Imagine me drumming my fingers here. I'm sure the kids are very cute and all, but I'm waiting to hear from Mr. UNICEF Ambassador for Education.

LOL... you ain't the only one. I'm sure they rehearsed for weeks and everything but get them kids off the stage!!

heee... just kidding.... I think.

Executive Director of UNICEF speaking now - Ann something I didn't catch.

Talking about UNICEF's work to ensure child survival.

Now another UNICEF board member.

Introducing Clay!!!

Clay: It is cold. Speaking about UNICEF's mission. Trip to Indonesia and what he saw there. Uganda - what UNICEF is doing for children there.

Something is glitching for Clay - microphone?

Sounds like they are getting people on stage to do the lighting - Kids that have won a contest for desiging holiday cards. Clay is chatting with the kids and making the crowds scream on command. NBA player Daryl Hawkins.

Clay is being silly about flipping the switch - wants a countdown from the crowd.

Edited by bottlecap

Childrens' choir is singing again - Let It Snow.

From CB:

Clothes Cert

Grey scarf, grey twede jacket, looks gorgeous

They can't see the bottom half......

Now the jacket is a muted grey check

all they can see is the HAIR and they say it is gorgeous!!!!

He's looking up at the snowflake....

Everytime this guy mention Clay .... everyone screams. It is so cute.

---

SPEAKING ABOUT THE CRYSTAL SNOWBALL AND IT'S HISTORY....15,000 BACCARAT CRYSTALS...LARGEST OUTDOOR CRYSTAL OF IT'S KIND....

CLAY....COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT HIM...SCREAMING....LAUGHING....ENTHUSIASM...SOMETHING IS HAPPENING, BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING...

---

maybe a black shirt.

Still childrens' chorus - Clay left the stage - they hope he will be back, but don't know for sure.

The hair looks like yesterday. Nice coat that the cellcerter didn't recognize (only Clay fans... BWAH!), and a scarf. The cellcerter's group is getting a lot of pictures, but the lighting is funny.

They can't decide if it is over or not. No mayor, as was expected..... Crowd is starting to leave, so they think it is over.

Clay is on the move away from the staging area.... The cellcerter is trailing Clay.... maybe heading back to stage for picture....

Clay is posing with the kids on the stage; and with the lightswitch. Cellcerter is talking away and hopefully snapping away at the same time. Sounds like professional photographers, so maybe Wire Images and whatnot will show up. Clay is now signing stuff for people by the fence.

Edited by bottlecap

From CH:

I'm on the phone with DonnaAC:

Grey trench coat with a design on it, black shirt

Corabeth said "I take back what I said about the hair!"

Told people to watch the show instead of taking pictures of him!

Kept telling people to look up at the snowflake.

Joined in with the kids' choir when they were singing, and was goofing around on stage.

Very pretty!

Best he ever looked...she figures he wanted to impress the children!

He kept making jokes about being cold.

Didn't sing anything other than joining in with the kids.

From the CV cellcerter: Clay is wearing grey pants, and she is trying to get a picture. She keeps muttering "Pants". :D Sounds like the cops are trying to move the remaining crowd back. Hey, if they hassle the Clay fans too much, we will post it on youtube, and you will be in big trouble, Mr. Rude Cop. :P