#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

And I agree wtih a poster on EAYOR if this is true. He needs to stop with the "he/she's getting all my attention" and "my fans will beat you up" schticks (sp)...It's funny the first time, but after that it's like the 'can't go to the grocery store' story---so yesterday.

Eh, on that...I still think the only ones tired of it watch everything he does - frankly I don't think the general public has seen the schtick that much. Frankly, the hosts have pushed it as much if not more...especially Kimmel. The Foster thing really wasn't for broad public consumption, and he did it on Mullaly's show, and I'm assuming on Tyra's. Where else has he pushed it? I can't even remember nonfans commenting on any of his "overdone" schticks.

I really like the long hair. Really, really. He honestly just looks like a really attractive intelligent regular guy, a little geeky in a good way, as opposed to "young hot hollywood".

Saw these pictures at the CH. They look like paparazzi shots of him leaving R&K in a car. Wonder if he's leaning forward to tell the driver to lock the doors? :D

Huh, that's definitely a different suit and shirt than Clay was wearing on the show this morning.

==========================================

Since I have the day off, I left to go shopping with my mom and sister immediately after the show was over. (My mom kept reminding me yesterday that the stores were open earlier, and I kept telling her I had something to do at home first and couldn't go until after 10:00. Fresh Clack takes precedence, even over shopping.)

I've only read here so far, and I'll plunge into the lion's den later. My quick impressions from watching it once: the opening section was hysterical, except for when Kelly wouldn't let up on the cat picture. I think Kelly thought Clay was putting her on about the cat phobia, but I think he was genuinely UPset by it, and that made me feel bad for him. I'm glad Clay busted Kelly's chops over the impression thing - she deserved it in my book, and if she's going to dish it out, she darn well better be prepared to take.

I thought Kelly was really rude over the Emmitt and Cheryl interview, but I guess if I hadn't had the supposed tension pointed out to me, I wouldn't have noticed it.

ATD - was.just.not.good. - to my ears. YMMV. The Christmas tour was plugged, so that was good.

Makeover - I agree, the woman ending up looking like Marg Helgenberger from CSI. Other than that, Clay wasn't on the screen, so I wasn't paying that much attention.

Mario (who really should have won, but whatever <_< ) and Karina - Kelly's schtick was tiresome in my book, but if she's been cheering Mario on all along, I guess, good for her. It sounds like Clay got thrown off by Karina trying to do different steps than they had practiced, but I thought he was moving his size 13's around pretty well.

So, I take it that the general pod people impression was that when Clive wasn't doing a bang up job working the soundboard, he was feeding directions to Kelly on how to be a bitch? Whatever...

Edited by bottlecap

Saw these pictures at the CH. They look like paparazzi shots of him leaving R&K in a car. Wonder if he's leaning forward to tell the driver to lock the doors? :D

Huh, that's definitely a different suit and shirt than Clay was wearing on the show this morning.

Maybe he changed for when he taped his Christmas song?

<whine on>I am really, really, really tired today. Not sure why. Its slow in here and the day is dragging and I want to go home and watch clack and take a nap.<whine off>

ETA: Saw these pictures at the CH. They look like paparazzi shots of him leaving R&K in a car. Wonder if he's leaning forward to tell the driver to lock the doors? :D

I missed these! (The joys of reading, and then having someone edit their post afterwards... *g*) Actually, that does look like the GMA suit rather than the outfit he had on today...so you may be right! That may actually be the "THEY WILL BE LOCKED" guy! Maybe WENN misidentified the pictures?

And I love the one with his sunglasses hanging off his nose. Such a celebrity, that guy.

Can this day go any slower? Claygasm, I'm feeling the exact same way. Maybe a blankie and a pillow and some fresh clack at home would make us feel better?

And I agree wtih a poster on EAYOR if this is true. He needs to stop with the "he/she's getting all my attention" and "my fans will beat you up" schticks (sp)...It's funny the first time, but after that it's like the 'can't go to the grocery store' story---so yesterday.

Eh, on that...I still think the only ones tired of it watch everything he does - frankly I don't think the general public has seen the schtick that much. Frankly, the hosts have pushed it as much if not more...especially Kimmel. The Foster thing really wasn't for broad public consumption, and he did it on Mullaly's show, and I'm assuming on Tyra's. Where else has he pushed it? I can't even remember nonfans commenting on any of his "overdone" schticks.

I agree...I think it may be tiring to those who follow his every appearance. But as Kandre said...it was really the host that comment on it. Clay just goes with it. Like today they really did talk about a lot of things...the fans were mostly mentioned with the Halloween impersonation schtick.

I guess Kelly never really bothered me that much so I totally enjoyed this appearance. But now that I have watched this ike 3 times...I think his voice seem hoarse even when he was just talking...could he be sick again??

This is a public service broadcast. I noticed that the gas prices in my area went up 4 cents since yesterday. Accross the street from my usual station, it has gone up 25 cents. Anyone who drives migh want to consider topping their tank off before they go even higher. The election is over and so is the incentive to keep prices down. End of public service announcemnt.

This is a public service broadcast. I noticed that the gas prices in my area went up 4 cents since yesterday. Accross the street from my usual station, it has gone up 25 cents. Anyone who drives migh want to consider topping their tank off before they go even higher. The election is over and so is the incentive to keep prices down. End of public service announcemnt.

Hee...why am I not surprised...

Well, all in all, it was amusing. Do I think it sold anymore albums? I am not sure, did not mention MCWL at all, I thought they would mention both.

I am sure a lot of this is loosely scripted, I just wonder how much off script they went.

And I am sorry, dogs and cats mating was pretty repulsive to me, as well, so I am in Clay's court on this. Clay's court, get it, heh, heh

Clay's Christmas album was mentioned in the first segment when Kelly mentioned that Regis had a Christmas album. Clay teased that Regis beat him on the charts and then laughed when Kelly said "Really?"

He mentioned that he hoped his was still selling well.

I thought the show was great and as I said on another board and was edited: IMO, some Clay fans tend to analyze every single word and motion that Clay does rather than to sit back and watch the show as if it had anyone else on it. The joy gets lost. I really made the effort to just watch and thought Clay did a fabulous job. He has gotten really good at tv, knowing where the cameras are and when to chime in on a conversation. His speaking voice is very clear where he once spoke too softly and mumbled a little.

I thought on ATD he intentionally tried to put an edge to it. He growled and was a little hoarse. Unfortunately the soundboard had too much volume for him and not enough for the band and backup singers, perhaps they didn't do a soundcheck. Someone posted that all the songs on R&K are shortened to 1 1/2 minutes. I liked it.

I think Clay putting his hand over Kelly's mouth was good tv. If every single thing was scripted it would be boring. You take your risks . Some work and some don't. They seemed to have some impromptu moments which made it fun. IMO ;)

Claymatized.com has some screencaps up. Not my favorite hair of all time (I'm am weeping over the lost perfection hat was the Martha Stewart hair), but I thought it was nicely styled, and looked very soft and strokable. It will be interesting to see how it evolves over the course of the Christmas tour if he truly is growing it out. I'm sorry I panicked and angsted over the UNCC hair and RS eyebrows.

Speaking of Christmas music, I bought a Michael W. Smith double CD set of Christmas music in my quest to determine what Clay might be covering for the Christmas tour in 2007. Seriously, this set includes "All is Well" and "Christmastime" (from the JNT 2005), both of which were written by MWS, along with "Kay Thompson's Jingle Bells" and "Christmas Waltz". I'll have to listen hard to the other songs, and see which ones have the potential to be Clay'd.

Well, all in all, it was amusing. Do I think it sold anymore albums? I am not sure, did not mention MCWL at all, I thought they would mention both.

I am sure a lot of this is loosely scripted, I just wonder how much off script they went.

And I am sorry, dogs and cats mating was pretty repulsive to me, as well, so I am in Clay's court on this. Clay's court, get it, heh, heh

Clay's Christmas album was mentioned in the first segment when Kelly mentioned that Regis had a Christmas album. Clay teased that Regis beat him on the charts and then laughed when Kelly said "Really?"

He mentioned that he hoped his was still selling well.

I thought the show was great and as I said on another board and was edited: IMO, some Clay fans tend to analyze every single word and motion that Clay does rather than to sit back and watch the show as if it had anyone else on it. The joy gets lost. I really made the effort to just watch and thought Clay did a fabulous job. He has gotten really good at tv, knowing where the cameras are and when to chime in on a conversation. His speaking voice is very clear where he once spoke too softly and mumbled a little.

I thought on ATD he intentionally tried to put an edge to it. He growled and was a little hoarse. Unfortunately the soundboard had too much volume for him and not enough for the band and backup singers, perhaps they didn't do a soundcheck. Someone posted that all the songs on R&K are shortened to 1 1/2 minutes. I liked it.

I think Clay putting his hand over Kelly's mouth was good tv. If every single thing was scripted it would be boring. You take your risks . Some work and some don't. They seemed to have some impromptu moments which made it fun. IMO ;)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WORD...sorry, just happy that someone saw CLay putting his hand on her mouth as hilarious. I think Kelly was pro enough to go with the flow...and Clay;s response was priceless..it sure disarmed Kelly.

I really find it funny that some fans found him arrogant and thought that there was tension between him and Kelly...I really didn't see that. This is a woman that has snarked on Clay before and the fans have been pretty hard on her. But when CLay, good naturedly gets his own snark on her...some fans would object.

I do believe that some fans like the idea that they have to defend Clay and fight for him. I think for some it makes them feel important. But when it becomes very clear that Clay is no naive innocent kid and is just as snarky as the next guy...I think it shatters some fans fantasy that he is helpless and needs them.

of course there are fans that are naturally negative and would complain about anything and everything.

I want to see more dancing Clay...and Mario was really sweet and seem enthusiastic about meeting Clay. I wonder if they met before.

I want to see more dancing Clay...and Mario was really sweet and seem enthusiastic about meeting Clay. I wonder if they met before.

Don't know, but there was a lot of male pretty on that screen when there were together... :D

playbiller, what's your itinerary on the UNICEF lighting thing tomorrow - how soon can you report back in? Also, what's the forecast for NYC? I wonder if the fedora might make a reappearance....

RockfellerChristmas.jpg

Still catching up elsewhere:

From Clayboard: There is Clack! from the commercials - dancing! Apparently they were allowed to take cameras in.

GMA reports say Emmanuel was one of the songs.

EEEEEEEEEE! for during-the-commercials Clack, as Clay said he and Karina had been rehearsing. And EEEEEE! for the potential for multiple GMA songs. Think he got to make out some more with Diane Sawyer while he was there?

An update on my Michael W. Smith Christmas comparathon - MWS's voice is kinda lightweight compared to Clay's on the same songs. It's a little jarring. The "Christmastime" backing track sounds exactly the same as what was used in the JNT05 last year, with the children's chorus and whatnot. Interesting...

ETA more updates on GMA from the Clayboard:

Just heard from HD again, they are all so giggly it's hard to understand...

GMA= three takes of Emmanual...no band or girls at GMA

Jeans...Boots and a grayish brownish, blackish, bluish jacket with .....

they're not sure of a shirt......

he came out and signed a few autographs but Mary wisked him away........

there is clack coming .....once they gain control of themselves once again.......

Edited by bottlecap

I have no idea what I am doing tomorrow, Guess I better check times. I think I will try and be there by 3 - is that too late?

I am on a break = too windy to rake now but I had to wait to buy more bags (stupid town, makes you bag leaves now - takes 10 times longer than dumping it by the curb. )

As to being edited - on one board, there is an opinon of several of the mods that violates their TSU, now if they rewrote it, I would not have a complaint, but when they violate their own rules.... well. As to a comment about people over analyzing, some people pride themselves in that and do not understand that they are way overthinking stuff, you are not allowed to nudge them in a discussion because that would be a criticism, yet I have had people post I have my head in the sand on oone board - not disagreeding with me, but basically calling me to dumb to see what is happening - right. well, see above board. In defending my self by saying I had a right to my opinion and they had a right to theirs, I was edited to look like I was insulting someone else - which I was not - so no pity party sympathy from me.

Well, back out side, while it is still nice. I have to bring in and wrap those chairs for for the shower - wrapping chairs - Really looking forward to that one. I hope they fit in a garbage bag.

I got my new phone, and it is charged, but they changed the charger, so my car charger will not work for it now and I don't even know how to make a call, totally different set up. On the plus side, it has a video camera and I might get some bad video tomorrow.

Edited by playbiller

Okay...why do I keep subjecting myself to message board reports of Clack before I actually watch it? :blink:<_< I just downloaded the beginning chat of the show here at work (shhhh! don't tell anybody :ph34r: ) and watched it until it stopped before the end and wouldn't go anymore.

It's GREAT! I LOVE it! Where's the angst coming from? Ok...not my favorite hair look but big deal. (I actually think the problem could be solved by parting it on the opposite side like he did for Tara's show.)...but he's funny and quick and I don't see all this antagonism between him and Kelly that people are talking about. They both are giving and getting, you know?

Now I might catch some stuff later when I watch the whole thing, but...

It's GREAT television! :)

A big PPFPPFFFTTTTTT! :P to all the nitpickers!

I love Clay Aiken....(and want to feel his hair)

Okay...why do I keep subjecting myself to message board reports of Clack before I actually watch it? :blink:<_< I just downloaded the beginning chat of the show here at work (shhhh! don't tell anybody :ph34r: ) and watched it until it stopped before the end and wouldn't go anymore.

It's GREAT! I LOVE it! Where's the angst coming from? Ok...not my favorite hair look but big deal. (I actually think the problem could be solved by parting it on the opposite side like he did for Tara's show.)...but he's funny and quick and I don't see all this antagonism between him and Kelly that people are talking about. They both are giving and getting, you know?

Now I might catch some stuff later when I watch the whole thing, but...

It's GREAT television! :)

A big PPFPPFFFTTTTTT! :P to all the nitpickers!

I love Clay Aiken....(and want to feel his hair)

YAY...I'm not totally delusional after all...

Seriously...be very careful about reading certain boards before watching clack yourself. All I know is...I totally loved it and want to watch it all over again.

Now I wonder when we will see the ET report??? or if it actually happened.

I haven't seen any mentions of any ET coverage yet, and it seems like someone usually sees it by at least 4:00 on the East Coast. Evil RCA at work again, I'm sure. :ph34r:

I didn't think they would have it today...I think they may put it on this weekend or when it is a bit closer to christmas. I just had a impression they were suppose to follow him through the day so maybe it was too late to make it for tonight's telecast. I also think it may end up in Insider.

From mustbeeme at the CV:

Here is one picture that I took of him leaving GMA...... As you can see he has the sunglasses in his shirt and you can see skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1000994fu7.th.jpg

and

Here's another one of him after he finished singing MDYK [R&K]...he was signing some stuff

1000990cn4.th.jpg

Both are clickable.

Clay's fans have always been harder on him because they expect too much - each perfromance must be the best ever, not equal to a previous one, but always better. Clay must be perfect, never use a wrong word, etc. The fact taht he is more educated than most people on TV doesn't phase people if he says something that someone somewhere might criticize. Clay must be perfect.

I have to post something because I bet a lot of these people never watched this show before. I will copy it here after I post it. my neighbor who died, used to tape he show and expect me to come over her house at night to watch it with her when ever she had a problem (frequently had problems, she was nuts, she loved me and was always trying to do nice things for me, but very nuts Anyway, I have seen this show for a long, long time, and still watch it sometimes today)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WORD...sorry, just happy that someone saw CLay putting his hand on her mouth as hilarious. I think Kelly was pro enough to go with the flow...and Clay;s response was priceless..it sure disarmed Kelly.

Absolutely Ansa.

I think the word for today should be chill (CA).

I think I also said that before I watched R&K I did some jumping jacks, meditated and had a shot of liquor. Every little bit helps. Of course, this is because I read the boards before watching the show which came on at 10:00 here.

I guess I'll pass on ET. Someone said it was about 10 seconds of Clay. :o

I just watched, it is not as if I had not watched it before, been watching (and hating) it for years. Kelly is Kelly, she obviously had a good time today (to me)

What I wanted to post somewhere else istht Ihave seen Regis pu his hand over her mout morethan once, perhaps Clay did as well and thought it would be OK, anyway, obviously not a big deal sinch she spent some of the show hanging off Clay.

All I could say is the was a giant among men today, hee hee hee

From mustbeeme at the CV:

Here is one picture that I took of him leaving GMA...... As you can see he has the sunglasses in his shirt and you can see skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1000994fu7.th.jpg

and

Here's another one of him after he finished singing MDYK [R&K]...he was signing some stuff

1000990cn4.th.jpg

Both are clickable.

OMG!!! NO T-SHIRT!!!!

I mean, where that skin is showing he can't even be wearing a wife beater!!

I can't believe it! He's so risque! :lol:

Naughty, naughty boy!! B)

And muski magically appears in 10, 9, 8......

Or is she off with Couchie?

(muski stumbles in...panting and drooling...crawling to photobucket....)

:blink: :o

Am I too late? (pant, pant, drool, drool)

Yeay! The picture's still there! :00000442:

Actually, bottle...when I leave here I'm going to work on making a new avie....heh. B)

And sadly, couchie and I are going to have to postpone our rendevous :( But we're hoping to get together at some point tomorrow (preferably over a beer or two :bier: ). I still need to collect on my FIRST PLACE PRIZE WINNINGS! for my haiku...

Now...I'm heading home...when I haven't been peeking in on the boards, I've been in meetings that have been rather draining....

Hubby's coming home tonight, though! :748: and that's all I'm gonna say about THAT! ;)

Edited by muskifest

Skin! I lurve skin! Hee. Thanks for bringing the pictures over!

I finally got to see the show from today. OMG, my mouth is still sore from laughing! He was a riot, and I thought he and Kelly played off each other quite well. I think she took his comebacks on the Halloween thing quite well, and at the same time, I'm glad he cornered her on it. I personally thought the cat thing was hysterical, watching him cowering like that. And having him dance at the end with Karina was icing on the cake.

The covering the mouth thing -- I thought it funny. She really was taking over the interview, and so, Clay "put her in her place." Hee. I don't think she seemed upset about it afterwards.

ATD, the bad: his mike was too "hot," and he was over powering the band; and that glory note splat was pretty painful.

ATD, the good: I personally love the changeups with it, he's really developing this song IMO, like he did with ISY. I didn't hear sickness either.

I'm going to play this again later tonight on the bigscreen. Can't wait!