#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Yeah, Ansa, it was real live, broadcast over the airwaves radio spin, so it like, counts and everything. Of course, having spent most of the day listing to AC radio, I see what the problem is with trying to get very many spins - nothing gets repeated in an eight hour period, even the new stuff. I can understand how it will be very hard to get the spin numbers to add up quickly if you don't follow the every hour on the hour / Kelly Clarkson model. 'Tis a puzzle.

And we love the Pod People, we just miss them, and are sorry they were abducted by aliens.

BWAH!!!!

and again...I would have to add...its not the worrying and wanting something better for Clay that makes the pod...its the knowing what happened to Clay and not allowing any other explanation to exist. Cos the truth is ...none of us know. Could the pod people be right...of course its possible. But the truth is WE DO NOT KNOW...

So why wallow in all the negative thinking and the bitterness, why keep looking for another CD when we have this one in front of us to support and to celebrate...why turn our nose up on the 80 spins he has ...just be happy he got them and hope for some more.

:allgood:

Yeah, Ansa, it was real live, broadcast over the airwaves radio spin, so it like, counts and everything. Of course, having spent most of the day listing to AC radio, I see what the problem is with trying to get very many spins - nothing gets repeated in an eight hour period, even the new stuff. I can understand how it will be very hard to get the spin numbers to add up quickly if you don't follow the every hour on the hour / Kelly Clarkson model. 'Tis a puzzle.

exactly...that is why I was saying it was really a bit useless to spend so much money on AC radio before christmas because with the time frame they have it would be tough to really accumulate spins and get any significant radio play for WY. Better spend the money on TV promo.

And as a lot of people have pointed out...some of the playlist do not change for a long time some of them have songs that are more thana year old.

And we love the Pod People, we just miss them, and are sorry they were abducted by aliens.

Amen, sister.

First of all, EEEEEEEEEEEEE for bottlecap getting to hear this live! And EEEEEEEEE for radio play in general. Having said that...yeah, this is a problem, what with "no repeat workdays." What I think bugs me about those, though -- is that they seem to play the same songs, just shuffled up a bit, during that 8 hour period. Extremely limited playlists, just in a way that it doesn't seem that something is getting overplayed. Yes, radio is frustrating....

Anyone else avoiding work and other things by watching the ATD video over and over again? I know I am.

Finally, to combine "The X Files" with what Ansa just wrote: The truth is out there...but we'll never know the truth, because it's really not our place in this instance. JMO.

Finally, to combine "The X Files" with what Ansa just wrote: The truth is out there...but we'll never know the truth, because it's really not our place in this instance. JMO.

Hee! I was just going to write that, as I was taking a sip of tea from my X-files mug!

And speaking of celebrating the good and not picking it apart and finding the cloud behind the silver lining, I saw this at the CH posted by Notacanuck:

Clay's "A Thousand Days" sneaks onto this week's Radio & Records AC chart at #29.

http://www.radioandrecords.com/formats/charts/ac_chart.asp

I think that's worth an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee or two!

:EmoticonRingAround:

This is just tooo funny!

From this online post of a college's contemporary spin on the classical "Bye Bye Birdie" musical production.

Bye Bye Birdie "a la Clay Aiken"

In the original, Birdie was an Elvis look-alike. To bring the musical up to date, the Mercyhurst students are costuming their Conrad (played by freshman poli sci major Garrett Evans) a la Clay Aiken and promotional materials are playing on the popularity of “American Idol.”

And speaking of celebrating the good and not picking it apart and finding the cloud behind the silver lining, I saw this at the CH posted by Notacanuck:

Clay's "A Thousand Days" sneaks onto this week's Radio & Records AC chart at #29.

Why yes it is!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I can't get over how different Clay looks in the video. He's been changing so quickly...and I'm loving it...being a little ADD myself. *g*

:EmoticonRingAround:

I'll match you and raise you a :manynanas: Awesome news!

I know...I think he will always keep us on our toes...

can;t wait for Feb 1...I hope he still has Xmas06 hair...but with Clay...who knows...maybe he will have Uganda short hair...

ETA: to change my hubby;s name to clay...wow thats a first...I have called my hubby clay before but thats the first time I called Clay with my hubby's name...hmmm

First up, hiya Sis! I see your name down there.

Now, muski, you only made the "Here You Come Again" connection now? You??????

I always envision the dear man making intense passionate love when I hear that song- it's the way he sings it and the way the whole thing builds and builds. It's quite an erotic production!

Can't wait to see what you do with it, hurry!

eta: I don't think I'm gonna be able to stand when he sings this baby in concert. Lots of "passion" faces. Yikes. :hubbahubba: He seems more comfortable with his sexuality now. Wonder if Jaymes had a hand in that, so to speak.

He just wasn't ready, during the making of "This is the Night" even though he was hot in that , too. Matthew Ralston sure got it. Yeah, I think he's afraid of being like the old man , sometimes.

Edited by Divayenta

eta: I don't think I'm gonna be able to stand when he sings this baby in concert. Lots of "passion" faces. Yikes. :hubbahubba: He seems more comfortable with his sexuality now. Wonder if Jaymes had a hand in that, so to speak.

Bwah!!! yeah lots of passion...all you have to do is look at that banner up there...yowza...

oops..I forgot the dancing bananas about getting on top 30 on R&R

:04: :ole0::ole0:

:3:

Very interesting post from kellykellyK about Clay's chart position...

Notacanuck wrote:

Billboard Chart Beat

'Days' of 'Change'

Opening at No. 25 [on the Billboard AC chart] is "Change" (Curb/Reprise), the sixth chart entry for Kimberley Locke, third place finalist on season two of "American Idol." Her former roommate and former rival on the TV series, Clay Aiken, bows at No. 29 with his 14th chart entry, "A Thousand Days" (RCA).

Ohhh, I had forgotten that the Billboard AC charts now mirrors the R&R chart. Oops. That does make the #29 ranking very, very good news. Why?

Well, back in the Chart Beat Chart dated March 26, 2005 Fred Bronson had posted the following:

'SMALL'-VILLE: The highest debut on the Adult Contemporary chart is "In Some Small Way" (Epic) by Celine Dion. It is the 34th AC chart entry for Dion, and her 13th this decade. Before "Small," Dion was tied with Clay Aiken for having the most charting titles in the 2000s. Now she is in the lead by herself. She also led the list in the '90s, with 14 chart entries.

Since then Celine Dion has had another song chart, so she has 14 (in this decade -she has 38 if you throw in her entire career). However, with "Without You" and "A Thousand Days" entering the chart Clay is now at 14, so he may be tied with Celine for the most AC Chart entries in the '00s. I use the word "may" because I don't know if any other artist has passed them both since then (there is no way to search the Billboard archives for ranking of artists according to most chart entries). However, even is someone passed them both, Clay should still be among the top.

What I can tell you is that according to the Billboard archives Clay has a lot more chart entries than either Josh Groban or Kelly Clarkson. Josh Groban only has 8 songs charting on AC, and Kelly C also has only 8.

Hair action....

:urhot:

Disco action...

:urhot:

Number 29 on the charts...

:nanaonacid::manynanas::nanarow: :nana:

And yes, Diva, I'm already planning to buy a few portable mats for when he sings HYCA live in concert. I mean, I'll be fainting every 5 seconds or so, so I want something comfortable to fall on....

First of all, Bottle I got such a thrill out of YOU hearing ATD on the radio, radio, radio. It was like I heard it for myself. Yay. So you actually have a radio station that is playing it and you can request if you're up to it. LOL.

Yay for Clay at 29 on the AC chart. Baby steps. The thing is we should embrace this challenge. It doesn't take a lot of spins to move him up..and being top ten on AC is better than nothing. It would be such a victory for Clay and for the power of Clay Nation.

Yay for Muski's inspiration.

To any lurkers: I think I can speak for everyone when I say that there is no animosity towards anyone intended in anything we say on this board. If we didn't care about the Pod People, we ... well, we just wouldn't bother. I offer my deepest apologies to anyone who doesn't understand that. When I think someone in my family is acting crazy, I tell them that, and I tell my other family members too. I tell y'all that my mother is nuttier than a fruitcake, cause she is. (I tell her too.) It doesn't mean I don't love her; it just means that I need support cause I love her and it is hard to handle watching her lose it. The same is true of the Pod People. I love them, I miss them, and it's hard watching them lose it. It's hard watching a board I love deteriorate into paranoia and sarcasm. I snark because I care. It just breaks my heart to be labelled a bully because of that. Forming a secret board to post names and photos of "enemies" of Clay--now that's bullying. Joking about the Pod People is letting off steam, and asking for support from others who care about them just as I do. We aren't ashamed, and we aren't hiding on some secret board talking about other fans and other boards like some folks do. We kid because we love.

Yeah, I agree. And that's all I have to say about that.

Play, loving your emoticons..you know that candy corn is our mascot. heee.

Bottle and Play, ya'll are just plain hysterical with the dancing candy corn. Just great.

So I am going to add my EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing to the radio play.

and here are some more dancing prancing nana's.

oh btw (((( hugs all around )))). Love ya ladies. You brighten my day with all of your wisdom and I am still a minion to the great one. I will admit it, I am a minion. Now I need a 12 step minion program. LOL

:dancingpickle::nanaonacid::nanarow::nanadance2::dancingbanana::nanadance::nanarow:

Edited by georgiaclay