#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

KF & 00Lsee....best view in the house ::wink, wink, nudge, nudge:: Right side just where he stands a lot!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm sitting here listening to the Soundtrack from Spamalot and I'm grinning like fool....wishing it was Clay....but least I can pretend!

God he just makes you smile and it's not even him on the CD!

Posted at CB by chattypatty9801:

Quote:

D4kkkks just called me from the Venue. She said Clay is marvelous.

She couldn't stop laughing. The Theater is quite full. Lots of Clay fans but

many NJUs too. It's intermission

Quote:

I love to read this !! :clap:

Quote:

I love to read this !! :clap:

Me too and it's only Friday. I would imagine Saturday night is a big night for Broadway shows. I want him to have full houses with or without "us". Those are my current prayers for him.

Quote:

Thanks for bringing that over. I know a lot of fans, like me, aren't able to go but I also know Clay has many fans that aren't on any boards

From reading the Variety article January is what it is on Broadway. The most important thing here is for people to go when they can - and for Clay to take out of this experience everything he can to move on in his career to other exciting projects. To me it's more important than Clay being number one! Yes it's important that when the week is over, nice numbers be posted in the Broadway mags. I don't think they care if most of the attendance is on the weekends. Tourist and locals will continue to do their part for this show.

From reading the Variety article January is what it is on Broadway. The most important thing here is for people to go when they can - and for Clay to take out of this experience everything he can to move on in his career to other exciting projects. To me it's more important than Clay being number one! Yes it's important that when the week is over, nice numbers be posted in the Broadway mags. I don't think they care if most of the attendance is on the weekends. Tourist and locals will continue to do their part for this show.

I agree couchie and if he is really good, which we have heard he is, then people will want to go out and see him in this. The buzz will hopefully grow. The show itself has been a good seller and remains in the top ten so Clay's energy and what he brings is a big bonus. Everyone wins. But I am still praying for full houses because I think he likes it full and LOUD and I want him to have what he wants! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yup, Tuesday was empty too, Wednesday was just a bit emptier. But remember be loud - Clay likes noisy fans forthis show!

I can be loud! How MUCH would he like me???

Muski and I will be there on a Wednesday in March! I'll bet the two of us can be pretty darn loud. Heeee, we're both sitting next to our hubbies, so we'll have to warn them that we will be laughing, yelling, applauding, screaming, and carrying on. Oh, yeah, and Muski will be moaning and drooling, too, no doubt. Heeeee!

You know I am totally not worried about the attendance. First of all. I like the idea of Clay going through shows with mostly NJU's. I think it will totally boost his confidence to get reactions and laughters with people that are just Broadway fans. I also don;t think Clay needs his fans to make sure he has a good reception. His own performance should be enough for him to earn the applause. If he gets a night that is less than enthusiastic, then he will just learn to deal with it and continue giving the best he has with less reinforcement.

The only reason why I hope attendance will go up is so that this show will continue to make a lot of money and run for a longer time. I think its an excellent show even without Clay.

Yup, Tuesday was empty too, Wednesday was just a bit emptier. But remember be loud - Clay likes noisy fans forthis show!

I can be loud! How MUCH would he like me???

Muski and I will be there on a Wednesday in March! I'll bet the two of us can be pretty darn loud. Heeee, we're both sitting next to our hubbies, so we'll have to warn them that we will be laughing, yelling, applauding, screaming, and carrying on. Oh, yeah, and Muski will be moaning and drooling, too, no doubt. Heeeee!

The real question is, though, Gibby....do we take hubbies with us to the stage door after the performance or do we swoop on Sir Robin sans chains husbands in order to totally overwhelm him with our seductive powers?

Hmmmm? :lilredani: Do you think hubbies would like a chance to meet the REAL Sir Robin (keeps bob-bob-bobbin' along....BWAH! Yes he does! :hubbahubba: :lmaosmiley-1:)

I DO hope that the attendance goes up enough to show that Clay is a draw because that's good for his career although I don't expect much of Tues or Wed nights in January. Attendance should pick up as spring arrives.

I don't care who fills the theater, however--it can be us or not us.

Well, Muski, maybe the hubbies would like to go to a bar after the show. We could tell them that they can rest their feet and enjoy some booze while we make the sacrifice of standing by ourselves in the cold for the purpose of getting a *cough* autograph from Clay. Think they'd buy it?

When my family went with me on the first Sunday night performance, they went back to the hotel and waited at the stage door. Clay came out quickly and I walked back to the hotel by myself. I was able to get Clay's autograph, Christopher Seibert's and the guy who plays Prince Herbert. I adore him. He's such a cutie and so talented.

Well, my comment was about getting the autograph - Clay comes out so quickly and on Tuesday and Wednesday he autographed anything that was out there, cold as it was. Where as on Friday, I didn't even see more than the top of his head. Now, come the spring, there is no promises that will happen then. Or that Clay will continue to autograph all he can reach. i guess I never think about being loud, I don't usually sing out loud becuase, well, people ask me not to, so I have pretty much been beaten into submission by grade school teachers and tend not to make much vocal noise in the theater.

skybar... Clay made a place for himself in my heart because of who he is... loving, caring, sharing, courageous, intelligent, respectful, and more. He looks at people's heart, not their exterior. He is always open to learning new things. He is always trying to be more. He is accepting of himself and others. He takes the high road more often than not. And, then, there is the sex appeal... :Thud: I have said it often... he is not perfect, he is just right!

he is not perfect, he is just right!

I LOVE that, I've never seen that expressed that way before and I just love it!