American Idol

ShelleyC

Fear says I am an old fogey, I had to fight with her to turn it on, she has a record of never watching this show and didn't want to break it. She loved the hair. She also said I am an old fogey because I have a problem with anyone - male or female when they have hair in their eyes - it disturbs me I don't like things in my eyes, it freaks me out. I little shorter might have been better. oo much product as well, I am a nut for clean hair. I always thought there wastoo much product, that is nothing new. I like fluffy hair, what can I say.

I thought he looked to young and adrogynous.

The Theme from Arthur should really help your rock credibility there, Chris...

[Okay, just glad to see Clay, he looked healthy, he was displaying a sense of humor, he didn't just wave from the audience, I said I just wanted to see him and I did, everything will be okay, he definitely wasn't the worst part of this trainwreck of a show and in fact he was the best singer so far, I think my heart will go on, he better announce the CD release date really soon....]

I'm here now. Clay is the master of PR. Who do you think all the entertainment shows will have on tomorrow?

I really did like his hair and was that freckles I saw or the pixles on my old 13" tv?

Hi bottlecap!

I hope they have the caps up soon. Iwant to see the whole thing.

Edited by FearofH2O

I don't think it was so much a new look, as it was a goof. He obviously hasn't had a haircut lately, and doing the Beatle thing was about as different from the spikes as possible.

Not sure about this HOO YAH bit. A little bit questionable in taste, but then again it's AI.

Hmm Bo has not appeared and he cancelled a sold out show to be on IDOL? I wonder if he got bounced by Prince. Bo better watch out or he might get the kelly rep for cancelling concerts.

Edited by playbiller

Sorry Playbiller, I admit I am older than you, but having two sons who I never knew what they would look or dress like from day to day, Clay's look is pretty mild. I think he looks so different from AI days. He did that other parody on SNL with the gay man's chorus. He really is showing not just the fans but the general public and the djs (a separate class) that he can laugh about the mess.

I absolutely love it.

My jaw hurts from hitting the floor so much tonight. :o

I haven't gotten too far afield in the Clay Nation yet, but so far it looks like the reaction is pretty good. I can't wait to hear what the civilians at work have to say about it tomorrow.

Sorry Playbiller, I admit I am older than you, but having two sons who I never knew what they would look or dress like from day to day, Clay's look is pretty mild. I think he looks so different from AI days. He did that other parody on SNL with the gay man's chorus. He really is showing not just the fans but the general public and the djs (a separate class) that he can laugh about the mess.

I absolutely love it.

YAY someone else loved it...

I think this is a great strategy myself...it shows he has a great sense of humor...that he can paly around with his image...

They sure showed that he is not the same Clay on AI...

what a reintrodcution.

What can I say,I have never been able to wear bangs because it is so upsetting to me. I don't understand how others do either and Taylor - stuff that soul patrol, enough.

Now for the hour of the AI after party.

Man was this never about the contestants.

Okay, I rewound and watched it a couple of times. and holy crap, the audience was going nuts. Clay's face was beautiful, he sounded great, and if we could somehow cut the loser out of the duet, it would be fabulous.

My only concern - will non-fans know that was Clay? Apparently, my sister wasn't watching closely, because when she called at the end of the show she thought Clay hadn't been on.

The pup is still asleep, I guess I scared her when I told her no rather forcefully. I guess the rest of my night will be hell when she wakes up so peppy.

As I said before, in real life I would never get along with Clay because I have no sense of humor, so still can't stand hair in the eyes. Just me. Clay did look happy though. Do you think Prince took the buzz off Clay?