American Idol

ShelleyC

you know who i feel sad about...what happened to bo ...he was supposed to have cancelled a show...and nothing.

i wonder if Clay;s appearance bumped him off...

what a very manly xhake he gave to the guy and Ryan...

i can;t stop watching....

best part....when he laughs...GAH gorgeous...

I am so in LOVE right now...its just outrageous....

Clay fans are getting calls from their friends to talk about the new Clay they saw...

I LOVE HIM....

what a contrast to taylors look though....

Nah, Prince and Clay will have separate buzz....

I think Prince's appearance bumped off Bo...

Man, only the last 45 minutes of this was worth watching. But those 45 minutes were worth every minute!

Nah, Prince and Clay will have separate buzz....

I think Prince's appearance bumped off Bo...

Man, only the last 45 minutes of this was worth watching.  But those 45 minutes were worth every minute!

Well of course Prince get priority...he is royalty...and very hot.

the reason why I think Clay bumped Bo off because I makes more sense for Bo to be there since he was last years runner up. He was annouced way ahead of time and he even cancelled a concert for this and he is promoting an album. But...I was Clay;s segment that was kept and Bo in the audience. I think they knew Clay was more BUZZ worthy and the bigger draw.

I've heard Taylor's victory song "Do I Make You Proud" twice on the radio this morning already. It's not great, but it's definitely not the most annoying thing out there, especially considering it's going to get the snot played out of it in the next couple of days.

OK, AI is over, people are recording albums or claim to be - this fall/wiunter should bring out albums by Kim Caldwell, Constatine, Ace, and various others - so is anyone going to buy any of these albums? isthere any interest in buying any?

I have to admit, that there are some outside issues besides the recording artist that does cloud my interest - like George Huff being so involved with the 700 club means I probably won't be buying any of his stuff, also I thought he was quite that special a voice.

I do find it interesting that just about everyone is working on an album, although they should really call it a demo, since most of them are not backed by an a label.

Am I really really bad to be enjoying the crap out of JustinT's stoopid remarks about Taylor?

I can just hear a conversation between the respective publicists -

"I'll have JT issue a statement saying Taylor CAN TOO carry a song in a bucket, and he is darn sure he is not queer!!!!"

"NOOOOOO!!!!! Stop using the words 'Taylor' and 'bucket' and 'queer'!!!!!!"

"But, but - this Taylor talk distracts people from the coked up talk!!!!"

"AAAIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!"

Heee - this is like a no-win, no-spin situation.

And I even have a copy of Fashion Rocks magazine, for some reason they sent it along with my Domino magazine.

Actually, it works well with suing the guy releasing the record and threatening to say drug things about Taylor. Personally, I believe he is a drinker, not a drugger. Something about the way he acts and performs seems more old fashioned and forty's - ish. That and the statement by that one performer about him hanging around back stage drunk when he saw him.

I do say that his fans are very protective of his reputation with many explainations, where many of Clay's fans seem more demanding of Clay to meet their expectations. The spin is begining already on the Taylor "covers" stuff, heh.

I think it is funny that people don't seem to get that every performer is an individual and should not be tied to expectations just because they were on AI - they are not all the same cookie cutter and I wish more people realized that.

I say stop getting contestants that are already pros and that do not have any more room to grow.

Stop wasting the results show with singers that have nothing to do with AI and show some more behind the scenes with the contestants. Let us know them and see how they interact with each other.

Try and keep guys and girls balanced with regards to talent.

and please ...give simon someone new to interact with...the schtick with paula and Ryan is really tired. I think they should bring in guest judges.

OH, I forgot - there is a rumor going around - no year album this time - it is because all the MP3s of the show songs are available for download - another missed opportunity when Clay was on. So basically people have albums ofthier favorites already.

I know I am here alone tonight but since I made it this far I figured why not do the last one!

Pet peeve t ime: Why do they always sing a song they already did? It is rarely as good as the first time. There a ten gazillion songs out there - why can't they pick something different? They didn't do that Clay's year. Who wants a rerun during the finale?

Round 1:

Blake - Beat boxing to Jon Bon Jovi. Didn't like it the first time. Still don't. Its original but yuck.

Jordin - Christina A's "Fighter" - She obviously wants to sing something more current and younger. I thought it was very good. Lots of energy. Tough song to sing I suspect. Really had the crowd into it.

Simon called round 1 to Blake. He thought her vocals were shrieky. Odd. I thought he would be pimping Jordin. The other two sit firmly on the fence.

I see Constantine is in the audience. Oh goody.

Round 2:

Blake - Oh joy! He's telling us how he started beat boxing. I'm so glad to know that. Only not. Ok, his song he's never sung before is Maroon 5's "She Will be Loved". Didn't he already channel Maroon 5 before? His voice is so thin, but I prefer it when he's not beat boxing. I think this song has a 5 note range. Good thing because he couldn't handle much more. When he doesn't beat box his performance level definitely goes down and he shows no originality. That to me is proof he's a one trick pony. But then again, a one trick pony who relied on a gimmick won last year....

And he can't wear an argyle sweater as well as Clay......

Jordin - After the break she'll sing Martina McBride. Guess that means we'll hear the coronation song back to back. I still hate it when the two finalist sing the same song. Its not really fair because more times than not, the final two are very different singers.

Anyway - Jordin singing "A Broken Wing", her season repeat. I have no memory of her doing this. Is that a bad sign? I think she's having a few problems with the softer parts of the song. Gets much better when she's belting. Her vocals are soooooooooo much better than Blake's. SO MUCH BETTER!!

And Simon loved it!

Round 3:

Oh the coronation song is next!! Wonder if Blake will beat box to it and Jordin will belt it??

I wonder when this song was chosen - before or after we knew who the finalists would be?

The song was written by two guys from Seattle and is called "This is My Now". Catchy title... Blech.

Blake - He always looks like he snearing.... He's bouncing up and down a lot. Vocally he's pretty weak. No place to beat box on this one. The song isn't much better than the usual blechy coronation song. TITN was definitely the best one.

Anyway - this song is so not Blake. I still liked it better than his beat boxing, but it just seems to point out how weak his vocals are. And they are VERY weak. He even looked bored with it while singing. Maybe that's why he was bouncing up and down - to keep himself awake!

Simon says he should be judged on his first two songs. What the hell? He sang it. It sucked. He should be judged on all three songs! I can't believe Simon is pimping Blake! I never got the feeling he liked him!

Jordin - I can't believe they are making us sit through this song again!! Anyway.......

THe song suits her so much more. A little shakey in the beginning. Chorus much stronger. To say this is better than Blake's version may be the biggest understatement of the century. Except she's totally lost it at the end. She started to cry! That performance reminded me of Clay's TITN actually. Not perfect but it kind of gave me chills. And to think she is only 17 and had to do all this competing while also going to school!

Simon said last week he didn't thnk she was good enough to make the finals but he said he wanted to say he was wrong. Both he and Randy emphasized this was a singing competition - in case anyone forgot.

You know, it wasn't as bad a finale as I thought. Jordin SHOULD win. Hands down. It shouldn't even be close. But those text messenging teeny bopper 12-year old girls might have a say in that.

Oh God - DAUGHTRY!!!!!!!!!!! is on stage. How special....... BLECH!

Once this is over I think I will watch this "Off the Lot" show. Looks interesting. I'll check in, though, in case anything interesting happens on DWTS.... :whistling-1:

Edited by Claygasm

I was watching just had to put my girl to sleep...

OMG...Blake was soooo bad. I don;t think we had a weaker vocalist in the finals ever.

He was screechy during the Bon Jovi....his new song was so much like last weeks...and showed his really thin voiceand the coronation song was such an embarrassment.

Jordin...I think truly deserves this. At this point she is the best vocalist...she also is very marketable and has a potential for a long career.

Hope Jordin wins..don't know if I will watch...LOST is my number one priority tomorrow

Hope Jordin wins..don't know if I will watch...LOST is my number one priority tomorrow

I agree - on both counts! LOST is my priority tomorrow!

Hmm - well this means that Daughtry won't be on the finale - so what the heck are they going to do for 2 hours? Sing Kelly's entire album?

Oh let's see - we'll have the reruns of the bad auditions. We'll have songs from each of the top 12. They'll have medleys. We'll have complete recaps of tonight. We'll have the top two singing all their songs again. They'll have Taylor and some of the others alum. They'll have Ryan acting as if he is something. And they'll have commercials and commercials and commercials.

My Alex said that she wasn't very sorry that both of her eardrums are burst because what she could hear of Blake made them hurt again!

BWAH!

He was awful. Terrible. Unforgivably bad. I missed the beat boxing song (dang..only not)...and created new facial wrinkles from all the grimacing. The young man canNOT sing...sorry, Blake fans. Like Simon said, he's a "Performer"...but damn, he canNOT sing.

(Clay, on the other hand--or in mine :hubbahubba: ---, is a performer AND a singer.)

Jordin was very, very good. There WAS no vocal contest. I'm not in the music industry but to me, anyone with a brain was looking at that beautiful young girl with the big voice and the poise and the personality and the killer smile and seeing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....Can you spell "Commericially Marketable"?

If she loses? It only goes to prove the basic fallacy of the "60 MILLION people voted!"....NOOOOOOOO, there were 60 million VOTES that made it through, be it by spam, machines, hook or crook....

And it's very possible that all the teeny boppers and their buddies are EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-ing while speed dialing....

Edited by muskifest

http://television.aol.com/show/american-id...features/losers

Anyone seen this?

As I was going through each one, I was wondering WHO they would have as the most successful Idol loser. Jennifer Hudson or Clay Aiken?

To my amazement, they never even mentioned Jennifer Hudson. I am totally puzzled... even Clay said that he used to be the most successful Idol loser until Jennifer Hudson won the Oscar.... (or words to that effect, perhaps not "won the Oscar" but certainly along the lines of her success with "Dreamgirls")

http://television.aol.com/show/american-id...features/losers

Anyone seen this?

As I was going through each one, I was wondering WHO they would have as the most successful Idol loser. Jennifer Hudson or Clay Aiken?

To my amazement, they never even mentioned Jennifer Hudson. I am totally puzzled... even Clay said that he used to be the most successful Idol loser until Jennifer Hudson won the Oscar.... (or words to that effect, perhaps not "won the Oscar" but certainly along the lines of her success with "Dreamgirls")

I think they are basing this on sales of CDs. She didn;t release her CD yet so she wouldn't be in the list. Its really interesting that the no. 2 of season 5 was outsold by several people that finish lower than her. Country music has been very good to AI alums.

Let's see if this works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3654QH2Vbg8

How do you imbed youtube?

This is really not a good copy, but what you are seeing here - is Kimvberme rushing down and dancing with Charles - charles walks her back to where Clay is standing and you se a quick jerk of her body, which is Clay grabbing her belt (see, a preview of the WDC dance at the IT!) then grabs her to his body in a huge hug she can't escape. After he lets her go, you see her crying, she wasn't crying when she was dancing with Charles, so I don't think it ws his exit that brought her to tears. Kimberme then starts bad mouthing Clay in the near future.

Let's see if this works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3654QH2Vbg8

How do you imbed youtube?

This is really not a good copy, but what you are seeing here - is Kimvberme rushing down and dancing with Charles - charles walks her back to where Clay is standing and you se a quick jerk of her body, which is Clay grabbing her belt (see, a preview of the WDC dance at the IT!) then grabs her to his body in a huge hug she can't escape. After he lets her go, you see her crying, she wasn't crying when she was dancing with Charles, so I don't think it ws his exit that brought her to tears. Kimberme then starts bad mouthing Clay in the near future.

WOW I see what you mean! I actually DID notice (from watching KAndre's DVDs) that she went up to Charles and started dancing with him and did wonder if they were very close or something but I didn't notice anything else. I can't see Clay grabbing her by the belt but his strong-hold hug now looks obvious to me, i.e. he's stopping her from stealing Charles' thunder. And yes, she does not look happy after that.

Did she REALLY bad mouth Clay shortly afterwards? What did she say!?!

Gosh, Clay sure looks out for others. No wonder we love him!