#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

You must surely miss your own bed. Didn't it seem like Faye had those hospital pics that we can get when we have a baby?

I know someone said that, but I didn't notice them~but I'm betting there's been one or two more taken since then! :lmaosmiley-1:

I sure do hope we get to see something~baby, pictures....I live in hope!

Boy all this baby talk makes me think this board is made up of a bunch of women or something!

bwah..you know what's so funny Play..I'm 46 and I honestly didn't care about kids at all until my nephew was born until 9 years ago. They all looked th same..they were mostly not cute, no matter what their mamas thought and I had no interest until they could tell me what hurts hee. Still didn't make me want one of my own though. hee.

Imagine the crowds that Clay would draw if he was nude in Spamalot........they'd have to rename it "Thudalot". One way to definetely ensure a massive stage door crowd.......I would think.

Sorry..... :whistling-1: ...just a thought that passed through the vacant space in my head.....

Heh...if Clay played the role that Daniel Radcliffe did in Equis...I imagine most women would leave the theater thinking,

"Huh? There was a HORSE in that play? Who knew?"

:sleezy::hubbahubba:

I just turned the TV on, and happened on the televised ceremony for induction of Canadians to the Walk of Fame; two of my (other) favorite people are being inducted this time~Bryan Adams and Michael J. Fox.

I just watched the smiles on the audience's faces as Bryan accepted his award with a short speech~he is well loved in Canada as well as internationally, and it was good to see many in the audience obviously enjoying this honor for him.

It will happen for Clay too...perhaps not the Canadian Walk of Fame~but the legend. I'm sure of it.

PS~not giving anything away here. These have been well publicized. But for those who haven't seen it yet and like any of the inductees, it's worth watching. It's on CTV.

ETA: I haven't seen David in the audience...but I wouldn't be at all surprised he's there. Just showing KD Lang while she gets roasted by the host.

From what I read about Equus, no one is thinking horses when Looking at Daniel (he started it by warning people not to look for anything special). Now with Clay people would leave the play thinking about horses - from what the word is on the boards, heh. Not that I ever knew what they were talking about.

Woo hoo! I was sitting here folding clothes and decided to turn on the tv...clicked around the channels and then?

AI2 Rewind! Woo Hoo! It's the episode with the final three...yep...it's the "Life Is Just a Bowl of Vincents" episode. :cryingwlaughter: And it's so amazing to look at that young, lean face now....and the spiky hair! Hee!

Next round---judges' choice! Oooh....I get to hear Clay croon and kill Mac the Knife! in his ill-fitting tux..heh. Back then, he didn't have a neck, did he? What a cutie.... :wub:

Talking about the picture that's been analyzed to bits, here's what I love about it.

It's not speculation about any relationship or lack thereof. It's more just him. The unguarded look of him.

I see a man who's very relaxed and comfortable with the people around him. A relaxation born of trust.

He may be a little tired. Or maybe just inhibition-blurred by champagne.

But if I could touch him, he'd be all warm and mushy. Maybe a bit musk scented. His arms would feel muscle-relaxed, no resistance. His smile a bit lazy, his eyelids a little slow to react.

Instead of his usual guffaw, I'd hear a deep snuff or chuckle at any joke or ribbing.

He looks like he's leaning his body into the back of a booth, maybe, his longs legs stretched out in front of him. Maybe crossed at the ankles.

He just looks so open. So - not on. Something "we" aren't privy to.

Yeah. I'm a touch jealous of Hanna and the closeness to Clay she obviously enjoys.

:)

I see a man who's very relaxed and comfortable with the people around him. A relaxation born of trust.

But if I could touch him, he'd be all warm and mushy. Maybe a bit musk scented. His arms would feel muscle-relaxed, no resistance. His smile a bit lazy, his eyelids a little slow to react.

Instead of his usual guffaw, I'd hear a deep snuff or chuckle at any joke or ribbing.

He looks like he's leaning his body into the back of a booth, maybe, his longs legs stretched out in front of him. Maybe crossed at the ankles.

:::dies:::

:dead-1:

But wait! I am not dead yet, I can dance and I can sing!

Just gotta get in practice for a few weeks from now...

But wait! I am not dead yet, I can dance and I can sing!

Can you do the Highland Fling?

So after watching the threesome in AI2 for the first time in a VERY long time, I have to say that Clay's voice is the only one of the three that night that didn't sound weary and worn. Ruben REALLY struggled vocally, to my ears, and KLo was truly reaching on two of her songs...Clay had his little moments: Vincent, of course, but vocally he was spot on. Mac the Knife: on the sustained note he was sharp for just a hair of time, but he's so good at relative pitch that he corrected it pronto and then blew everyone away. Unchained Melody: a little voice break that didn't even register with 99.9% of anybody. (But I'm SOOOOO glad he got rid of that mic-tossing habit he had on that show! Back and forth, back and forth! :cryingwlaughter: ) But his voice remained clear and strong throughout the night.

And he looked SOOOOOO good on the night Kim got sent home---hot! I have to chuckle, though, when I watch those episodes...bless his heart, he was swimming in some of those jackets! Now, of course, his chest, shoulders and neck have filled out quite nicely.

:Thud:

So after watching the threesome in AI2 for the first time in a VERY long time, I have to say that Clay's voice is the only one of the three that night that didn't sound weary and worn. Ruben REALLY struggled vocally, to my ears, and KLo was truly reaching on two of her songs...Clay had his little moments: Vincent, of course, but vocally he was spot on. Mac the Knife: on the sustained note he was sharp for just a hair of time, but he's so good at relative pitch that he corrected it pronto and then blew everyone away. Unchained Melody: a little voice break that didn't even register with 99.9% of anybody. (But I'm SOOOOO glad he got rid of that mic-tossing habit he had on that show! Back and forth, back and forth! :cryingwlaughter: ) But his voice remained clear and strong throughout the night.

And he looked SOOOOOO good on the night Kim got sent home---hot! I have to chuckle, though, when I watch those episodes...bless his heart, he was swimming in some of those jackets! Now, of course, his chest, shoulders and neck have filled out quite nicely.

:Thud:

That particular episode just fascinates me...I remember watching it that night and when it was over being in complete shock and not in a good way...I didn't like any of the performances, could not believe they put him in the Vincident suit after that wonderful suit he wore for TLS; I thought Mack The Knife was cheesy and hated the arrangement of Unchained Melody.

Then I found downloads of the show on the Clayboard...I remember downloading like crazy and I think I watched his season 2 performances every day for like a year and suddenly, I didn't hate that episode so much. Vincent was really good despite the fugly suit. Mack The Knife was not as cheesy as I first thought and even though I still don't like the arrangement of Unchained Melody, he made it work.

Seems like that happens with a lot of Clay performances..the ones I initially don't like or am not sure of, I have to watch a few times...I think I am always so nervous for him that I can't enjoy the performances on first watch and have to re-watch. And I usually come away thinking again how good he really is.

Kim

It's not speculation about any relationship or lack thereof. It's more just him. The unguarded look of him.

somebody turn on the air conditioner. I didn't know Cotton wrote fan fic :hysterical:

Imagine the crowds that Clay would draw if he was nude in Spamalot........they'd have to rename it "Thudalot". One way to definetely ensure a massive stage door crowd.......I would think.

Sorry..... :whistling-1: ...just a thought that passed through the vacant space in my head.....

Just idly thinking...

If you were replacing Mike Nichols as the director, which part of Spamalot would you turn into a nude scene? I certainly hope not the first scene because it would be useless. It would be most "logical" after he returns from soiling his pants/Brother Maynard because where does he get a fresh pair of pants in the middle of nowhere anyway? Or it could be that the guards of Swamp Castle have very unusual uniforms...

ETD: Parts that I suddenly remembered would cause massive head-spinning & more

Holy Crap, I was channel skipping and saw that Jordan Sparks was introduced as a presenter on MTV Video awards - now I don't know what was said before, but I know that obscene song lollipop won an award - anyway, she is introduced with John Legend and before they announce the nominees , she says "I just want to say something about Promise rings. Promise rings are not a bad thing because not every girl wants to be a slut".

Whhhoooee, pretty ballsy for a young girl in that scene! Or should I say that Obscene?

Just idly thinking...

If you were replacing Mike Nichols as the director, which part of Spamalot would you turn into a nude scene? I certainly hope not the first scene because it would be useless. It would be most "logical" after he returns from soiling his pants/Brother Maynard because where does he get a fresh pair of pants in the middle of nowhere anyway? Or it could be that the guards of Swamp Castle have very unusual uniforms...

ETD: Parts that I suddenly remembered would cause massive head-spinning & more

That would certainly be one way to change up the tabard flip in the piano scene...

(PS... annabear, shouldn't you be reading? :imgtongue: )

*sniffle, sob, sniffle*

Holy Crap, I was channel skipping and saw that Jordan Sparks was introduced as a presenter on MTV Video awards - now I don't know what was said before, but I know that obscene song lollipop won an award - anyway, she is introduced with John Legend and before they announce the nominees , she says "I just want to say something about Promise rings. Promise rings are not a bad thing because not every girl wants to be a slut".

Whhhoooee, pretty ballsy for a young girl in that scene! Or should I say that Obscene?

It did take guts to say that, and I think she is a sweet girl and that promise rings aren't a bad thing, however it seems very judgemental to say that anyone who doesn't hold out is a slut. Statements like that always make me feel like that person is saying that their way of thinking is right and they are far superior to us mere mortals. That has been something that I have really appreciated with Clay, even when he was more innocent, if you could call someone innocent who poses for a pic with a sign that said even his hand rejected him. He seldom seems like he judges others for their personal choices even if they are different from his own. He is one fine specimen of a man.

Ballsy? Try idiotic. Yeah, there's no grey area between virgin and slut. Geez, honey, you should not talk. I saw a bit of the beginning and the Host was ribbing the Jonas Brothers for wearing promise rings - mainly because they can supposedly have any girls they want and they aren't having any - that's why it came up. Based on Jordans face in the audience I'm not surprised she said something. (although I thought her objection was going to be to object to the Hosts begging America to do the world a favor and vote Barrack Obama - might have been the timing of the audience reaction shot).

As for DR not reminding anyone of a horse - few men do. <g> A male reviewer of the London production did the women a favor and said from a man's perspective he had nothing to be ashamed of - but he's your average guy. I'm ashamed to say that I have noticed the rest of his body is quite fantastic. <g>

Obviously she does...and , might I say, very well. Don't ya just love it when people have hidden talents. :clap:

Now the possibilities are endless..........hey Cotton...we'll just have you interpret all sensual pics from this point on. Someone will be responsible for lighting candles and I'll get the cigs and drinks. OK....I could be getting a bit carried away...... :hysterical: BUT.....Cotton's writing prowess and Nude Spamalot........too much to handle in one night.