How the Heck are We All Gonna Get Along? With Clay, Naturally!

Fear, good to hear from you.  I hope you can get to the Gala!

Twililght, good to hear from you as well.  You're a regular Gala goer, right?  

And I appreciate knowing that there are at least a few people who still read here!

Speaking of the Gala...I'm going to guess that there will be a drive to get ads for the programs again this year. Be thinking if we want to do this, and what you'd be willing to donate...

2 hours ago, Mik4clay said:

I see that ‘ All is Well’ is nowhere to be seen on Clay’s Instagram 😬 😝

speaking of.. Ive been thinking of you ldyj since Friday night, I sincerely hope all is well with you. Those storms were devastating 😢

Our area is fine, thanks for thinking of us.  We had some tornado warnings south of us, but the major damage was MUCH further south.  Those storms were devastating -- very similar to the one we had in our neighborhood in November 2013.  That one had major damage but fortunately very little loss of life.  I feel so badly for the people in southern Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas and especially Kentucky.  It's going to take a LONG time for them to heal.

Hope everyone is doing well. Finally done with Christmas cards and Christmas shopping. Except for my husband but at least I can shop until the last minute for him. 

Having a bathroom remodeled and all day today the dog was barking like crazy. I put on a barking collar that vibrates and buzzes when she barks but she looked so sad I couldn't leave it on for long. 

Missing wrap for inclusion again this year, so I will make a donation. I have wrapped since 2003 so it was a tradition.

Christmas shopping: check.

Packages mailed: check.

Christmas cards mailed:  check.

And most happily....I'm finished with my job until January 4!  Looking forward to the time off, even if I have nothing really planned.  Probably do some baking, and I've got a book to read...

The weather though is crazy.  We hit 69 degrees, shattering our record by 6 degrees.  Right now, the front is going through, and there's terrible winds, including gusts of over 50 MPH.  There will be some rain involved as well, but thankfully no tornadoes!

It looks like we’re taking on the brunt of the tornadoes up here! We r having a severe thunderstorm right now, snow and high winds coming in later tonite, coupled with low temps.. so glare ice under  2-4 inches of wind whipped snow. Merry Christmas!

Oh well,  may get a free snow day out of it .. distance learning.

I saw that Kat Mcphee and David Foster came in 3rd on the masked singer!  My girl Jewel took the prize 👍

it made me wonder  because the Fosters were on there, Clay might take trying this show more seriously.. He would rock it!  We would all know who it was immediately I’m sure, just like I knew the ‘Queen of hearts’ was Jewel’s iunmistakable voice 

Crap, the video was made private on the YouTube channel. I wonder if it wasn’t because of copyright issues. I saw him sing The Way, Right Here Waiting, and (via the couple’s request, even though it’s not a love song) Solitaire. 

Several pictures of Clay here, thanks to a fan who PM'd me the link.  The article is in Indonesian, though.

https://www.liputan6.com/showbiz/read/4804215/6-potret-clay-aiken-american-idol-di-indonesia-duet-dengan-raisa-di-pernikahan-desainer-cynthia-tan

There was also a ton of Instagram stories that appeared over the weekend, but sadly most of those go away after 24 hours.

FYI, Cynthia Tan (the bride) is a wedding dress designer.  Both the bride and the groom are SUPERFANS -- singing along with every word while Clay was singing. Raisa Andriana was his duet partner for a few songs.

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.30.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.30.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.31.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.31.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.31.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.31.49 AM.png

28 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Several pictures of Clay here, thanks to a fan who PM'd me the link.  The article is in Indonesian, though.

https://www.liputan6.com/showbiz/read/4804215/6-potret-clay-aiken-american-idol-di-indonesia-duet-dengan-raisa-di-pernikahan-desainer-cynthia-tan

There was also a ton of Instagram stories that appeared over the weekend, but sadly most of those go away after 24 hours.

FYI, Cynthia Tan (the bride) is a wedding dress designer.  Both the bride and the groom are SUPERFANS -- singing along with every word while Clay was singing. Raisa Andriana was his duet partner for a few songs.

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.30.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.30.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.31.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.31.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.31.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.31.49 AM.png

Hi All, 

my first time posting here, so I hope this message shows up in correct place. If not, can someone repost . Also don't know how long this article will stay up

.....link via Google search below should contain english translation for the article. Also should be small window on first screen with choice of Indonesian or English.

https://www-liputan6-com.translate.goog/showbiz/read/4804215/6-potret-clay-aiken-american-idol-di-indonesia-duet-dengan-raisa-di-pernikahan-desainer-cynthia-tan?_x_tr_sl=id&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

1 hour ago, ldyjocelyn said:

hi all,  came across another link  that may/may not need sign-in to instagram  to view, and also not sure how long this link is available....I'm an instagram newbie

...anyway, this contains entire song, and bride's comments...    https://www.instagram.com/p/CXqzINdjHfn/

20 minutes ago, beanerknits said:

hi all,  came across another link  that may/may not need sign-in to instagram  to view, and also not sure how long this link is available....I'm an instagram newbie

...anyway, this contains entire song, and bride's comments...    https://www.instagram.com/p/CXqzINdjHfn/

It worked for me, but I also have an Instagram account. 

I will post the English translation of that article in the news thread. They gush about him!

Clay starts at 13:15 with TITN.

21:30 -- Can You Feel the Love Tonight duet with Raisa.

1:17:00 -- The Way, Right Here Waiting, and Solitaire (a request from the couple, even though it's not a love song!)

1:54:30 -- First Dance of the Couple to Unchained Melody, followed by a medley of Chicago songs (Hard to Say I'm Sorry, You're the Inspiration and The Glory of Love), and then...Invisible!  Followed by a duet with Raisa of The Prayer.

If there's more singing gigs like the Indonesian event, here's my vote for a new promo headshot he should consider--a mature Clay performing while sporting a very trendy take on his 'trademark AI" spiked hair.  (in any color!!!)  I loved the profile!!!

photo source: Indonesian concert promoter FullColorParty      https://www.instagram.com/p/CXul85TF_R-/

• Like 1

Amazing.. I do believe these two collect singers for a hobby!

it may be annoying to some, but I find Clay’s ability to sing a song he hasn’t sung in many years and just throw it out there. Repeating and forgetting lyrics 😝 I find it so endearing. 

The Prayer was my fave ❤️