#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

OMG...I sorry muskifest...I would blame it on my dyslexic fingers but I always thought it was musik...hee can I blame this on Couchie... <_<

Yup ...Clay blogged and poor baby he got so sick. I think thats the ususal pattern for him...work hard all year, then when he relaxes, thats when the viruses hits him.

I do find it amusing that he probably could've gotten all kinds of great treatment...from getting himself flown back to Raleigh early...or getting flown to london...since he does have tons of money. But I love the fact that he still acts like any one of us would when they travel and get stuck somewhere. We just deal.

I say kudos for Kristy...I know that would be a difficult time having a friend so sick like that. poor guy.

Well, I fell a trifle bit bad about mentally smutting the "all day in bed" and "sore the next day" sections, when Clay then goes on to talk about how sick he got. <_<

When the CD promotion and touring starts, I keep thinking about how Clay's time will not be his own for a really long time, so a relaxing vacation before all the madness starts would have been a really good thing. Too bad it didn't seem to have worked out that way.

To me, the worst part of his being sick in another country is flying out with an infection - I just cringed in sympathetic pain. Nothing worse that the pain in your ears when you have any congestion in your head.

I do believe,with his credit card limit, that there are many notable doctors in Austria - so it is not quite like getting sick in Belgrade (although I am sure there are good doctors there, I think they may be harder to find).

I see people are ramping up the album panic again - I jsut don't see it. Maybe it is easier being a fan like me, who does not know much. I can't get upset because other albums have certain timetables and Clay has his own. I think Clay has his own brand of success, as well. Everytime I hear people complain about covers on an album, I think of Bo and how he had no covers, just sucky songs. Those songs may have been slated for Clay - you never know. Anyway, ignorance is bliss in this situation.

Typos, typos , typos

Edited by playbiller

I'm beginning to equate Clay's new CD with Big Foot in my mind. There are many rumors about it, mostly unsubstantiated. Some claim to have heard far off rumbles from it, but no one can get a clear picture of the elusive beast. Footprints, hair samples, trails in the undergrowth - all are very frustrating to the seekers but offer no concrete proof about the creature's existence.

I want to believe.... :blink:

Well, I fell a trifle bit bad about mentally smutting the "all day in bed" and "sore the next day" sections

Oh, no...don't feel bad, bottlecap...I'm soooooo sure Clay wanted us to smut over these obvious smuts from him....

It's his brain that is the sexiest thing about him to me... (what?)...When I read these little ditties he inserted (ahem)....I had to go back and reread. He must have been cracking himself up while he typed that....

DAYUM, I love that man.

And FearofH2O, no you're not the only one: I just commented on EAYOR that even though I know there's a 99%chance that he never sees my posts on his blog, I just HAVE to say something...I so want to sit down with that little sh*t and exchange snarks and laugh and...

stuff. B)

Well, I fell a trifle bit bad about mentally smutting the "all day in bed" and "sore the next day" sections

Oh, no...don't feel bad, bottlecap...I'm soooooo sure Clay wanted us to smut over these obvious smuts from him....

I really think you are right...specially the way he started that paragraph with that phrase...he must know what the possible effect is...that guy ain't stupid.

It's his brain that is the sexiest thing about him to me... (what?)...When I read these little ditties he inserted (ahem)....I had to go back and reread. He must have been cracking himself up while he typed that....

WORD...I think I find him the sexiest when he gets all snarky and witty...like the Jaded hournalist interveiws and when he is on Kimmel. Practically everytime he opens his mouth. He is just ONE SMART MAN!!!!

fearh20 oh yeah I do post on his blogs...I feel like he is friend I can tease and snark with.

Playbiller...I think at this point I just want the fun to begin...and once the CD promo starts...that would mean more Clay!!!! :00000441: :00000442: :00000441: :00000442:

Ok...this is just funny. I noticed that for my profile info that appears on the side here, I'd mistyped my name...I'd put 'muskifIest'...(ironic, huh, since I gave two of you such a hard time for misspelling it...heh) ANyway, while on the profile update page I decided to put my location in and my birthday...

But you guys are slick.

I got an error page...Why?

Because I'd only put the month and day in....no year....

and evidently I can't do that....Well alrighty, then. You can just try to GUESS when my birthday is---never MIND the year....

The DAY, however...now that's a celebration day, to be sure! My momma called me her firecracker baby and many people who know me seem to agree with her... :25:

The Budapest pictures are FINALLY up at the OFC.

I love his conversational style with the blogs...and yes, I feel the need to reply to his blog, even though he'll never read my responses in a million years.

muskifest, the mods will take care of you. They're good people. [/sucking up]

Hee...I feel like we can all just upload our vacation pictures and share it with him...

what about a slide show Clay...

Bwah...about the drivers with road rage!

Aww, muskifest, we are all 12 here - it is a longstanding tradition in Clay fandom.

I was surprised when they put up the Budapest pictures, I thought the blog indicated there would be no photographic evidence. I have to laugh because the minute the blog went up , someone should have announce - "Let the shipping begin!" - Good times.

Hee, I particularly like pictures 7 and 9, where Kristy and the tour guide are so far ahead of the photographer. I have no basis for this at all, but I just imagine Clay as being like a little kid, and getting distracted by all the other sights and sounds, so he lags behind. Kristy has to turn around and yell: "C'mon, Clay - try to keep up!" [Yeah, I know that's just me, and one of my personal pet peeves. I walk fast, and get annoyed at having to slow down for poky companions.]

So, again with the maybe tomorrow on the CD news. I'll check in very early, but I have to be offline for most of the day, so that would be just my luck. Because, of course, it is all about mmmmeeeeee.

I have no idea what this emoticon is supposed to be, and the description seems to be in German, so that's no help. I'm using it anyway because I find it to be intriguing.

:schwirr:

So bottlecap I'm with you on the pictures...you're probably right...he's marching to the beat of his own drummer with those size 13 puppies...fo sho'!

And when I saw that emoticon, I thought the guy was juggling...?????

I already miss the travelin' journal of the Clay man....think we could persuade him to write a daily journal of his CD recording process? <_<

From an article on MTV.com about the relative lack of sucess of American Idol runner-ups:

The whole article is interesting, and I have put the Clay comments below. I especially like the bolded part.

The comments from a just-eliminated "American Idol" contestant are as predictable as Simon Cowell's wardrobe: "It was a blessing just to make the final 12 ... The world hasn't seen the last of me ..."

Actually, we probably have seen the last of you.

With another finals season of the most popular television show in the country starting next week, the odds look tougher than ever. There are four seasons in the history books now, and few, if any, of the 40 people who made it to the finals but didn't win or come in second have been able to transition their instant fame into legitimate stardom.

Millions of Americans watched or voted for them on "Idol," but of the 12th- through third-place finishers who have gone on to release records, only one has gone gold: second-season country singer Josh Gracin (around 646,500 copies sold), who finished third.

Another second-season singer, third-place finisher Kimberley Locke, has sold approximately 209,000 copies of One Love, but after her, the next-best loser is — tellingly — William Hung's Inspiration (194,00). Trailing in the dust of "She Bangs" are Tamyra Gray's The Dreamer (122,000), RJ Helton's Real Life (21,000), John Stevens' Red (18,000), George Huff's Miracles (17,000) and self-titled albums from Jasmine Trias (12,000) and Corey Clark (2,400).

Compare that to sales of Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway (4,811,000), Clay Aiken's Measure of a Man (2,740,000), Carrie Underwood's Some Hearts (2,184,000), Ruben Studdard's Soulful (1,779,000) and Fantasia's Free Yourself (1,674,000) and it becomes quite clear: To make a significant impact in the music industry, making the final 12 of "American Idol" is not enough. You need to make the final two.

<snip>

And radio, for one reason or another, has never been too kind to "American Idol," with the exception of Clarkson. So, as DioGuardi noted, with the winners having to push so hard for airplay, where does that leave the other finalists?

"You have to be like Clay Aiken, who is a very distinct artist," she said. "What happens is the audience has to be so blown away and feel like there's nothing like them out there. All those R&B singers, they're a dime a dozen."

Man, I really hold my breath when I LYCOS now, but the page of articles I came home to were all pretty good.

Well, after the MESS that was the guys' performances on AI5 tonight, I needed a strong shot of Clack. Whoa. Loved Aflack's Block Party montage.

Got my on-sale Clique Crap in the mail today. This time, the program wasn't mangled and bent, so yeah for that. I also finally got the long-sleeved Tree-toting t-shirt I had been coveting for a long time. Holy Hand Grenade, that guy is cute! :)

So, tomorrow maybe? I am thinking about adopting this Nine Inch Nails number as my personal theme song for CD Watch 2006:

Everyday is exactly the same

There is no love here and there is no pain

B)B) B) B)

Well, I am following up the bad Ai with some really great Project runway - - -Yay, the finale, It is really great. I don't always agree with their opinions, but the people performing here take it very seriously! More reality, less reality show.

Ai really aught to go back to basics, get people who sing. I think they only did that in season 2. I know I tried to watch season 1, but invariably, i was turned off by someone singing and could not sit through that show. The might havebeen goo singers that year, but there were a lot of losers as well. Sorry, I just don't get people like Ryan Starr.

Season 3, there were lots of bad or let's say, not perfected performances and/or people with tight boxes.

Season 4 there were people who flagged as the season went on - a lot of illness in that group and a lot of sameness.

This year, it seems to be all about boxes. everyone has a box to fit in - it is limited and I thinkit is boring.

Well, you would think I would know better, but I am actually a little bit excited about seeing Bo Bice perform tonight on the AI results show. Hopefully, he will get a chance to show slightly more soul and personality than Carrie did last week. Although, again, we're talking AI here... <_<

And for better or for worse, Bo's relative success last season seems to be directly responsible for several of the guys being there this season - namely Taylor, Bucky, and Chris. To me, at least, raising the age limit and being more rock friendly has attracted some better performers to the show. And, yes, I also hold Carrie responsible for inflicting the Pickler on the unsuspecting viewing audience.

Clay content? Got none. :(

Clay content...well the show last night got me listening to Clay's WAMLAW...and just made me miss him more...WAAAAAH. That minute and a half rendition just shows how versatile and soulful Clay can really be. Last night as I watch Gedeon I kept thinking...thats not what Clay did...Clay sounds better...where;s Clay...oh what a weak wail!!!

As I listened to Clay's WAMLAW...I realized that he truly made that his own. The tone of his vocie is uniquely his...the inflections the wail all came from his instincts as an artist. That wail on Pleave and Love...wow goes through your guts and curls your toes...last night with Gedeon...he was just OK...

I really hope he continues to have stump the band in his pop concerts...

I hope it's okay that I'm doing this, but when I read the last few posts, I realized just how we Clay fans seem to GET IT...when we talk about the quality, the magic of Clay's voice. And then it got me to thinking about something I had a character say to Clay in a story I'm writing. They'd been together for a few months as a couple, but she hadn't been a fan of him as a celebrity before meeting him in 'real life'. She attended a benefit with him and heard and saw him perform for the first time. This was what she said...

“Wait, please let me say this. Then…then I’ll finish…everything. There might be a better-trained voice out there or a more perfect one musically…but no one else can do to people what you do with your voice. I was looking around---when I could tear my eyes away from your face---and…” She kissed my lips so, so softly. “The people there were…in love with you, Clay. Men AND women. They…were lost and then they found themselves in your voice---They were saved by it, I swear it’s true. I had no idea…none. I didn’t know that your voice could do to strangers what you’ve done to me.”

I really do think he has that effect on many people.

Here's a little something to entertain everyone while we wait for CD news....

New pictures from the Dec. 2 New York concert.

Come Hither

Sigh

Teacher Clay

Wow

Happy Clay

Good News

The Full Album:

First New York Concert

Feel free to post these elsewhere, just not at the OFC. Thanks.

wow skatejoy ...thanks for those pictures...

I have been missing him intensely today...its that damn WAMLAW...

anyway...I immersed myself on all clay music and it was simply..divine.

muskifest thanks for sharing that excerpt. Its true that he does make people fall in love with his voice its extraordinary. Like when I was listening...you know how there are just these notes or phrases within a song that just makes you melt...or go...gaah!

I really think Clay is such a unique talent...no one in the current crop comes close.

Play, I'm the same way. I guess before Clay I was the biggest fan of Luther vandross. I do have most of his albums and I've seen him in concert 4 or 5 times over the years. But that't about it. I love his voice and am so happy for all of the music we have from him already. There's such a variety and I can listen to him all day and never get sick of him. Now, where is that album!