#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

Lets hope that this never happens to a Clay fan - for someone to lose their career in total foolishness, not to mention how he was screwed by his management and the record company giving songs he found away to other artist - No, I hope this never happens to a Clay fan.

I want Clay to have a long an fruitful career. Not just record a couple of records and disappear.

Oh, Lordy...I didn't mean it that way.... :o

I have absolutely NO concerns about Clay having a long career. The man's voice can't be ignored. Even if he didn't have US, his voice would insist on being heard and loved. He has no choice. Might take longer for word to spread without us, but I've never thought he wouldn't be successful without us..

Even people I know who say they don't particularly like 'his kind' of music still say what a good voice he has...

No, I only meant how cool it would be for someone who loves CLay...maybe someone who was here from the beginning...to stumble across a copy of MOAM, his first CD, some day in the far future---long after many other CDs had come and gone...maybe she'd react the way you did when you saw that CD from Chad.... :wub:

If you want to hear samples samples

Try these songs fromt he first album that was petter produced. the second album was a mess. This is a double album thing.

Other Side of This Life - 3:09 Play the Windows Media clip

Buddy, Can You Spare a Dime - 3:45 Play the Windows Media clip

Quiet Room - 2:52 Play the Windows Media clip

Half a Crown - 2:50 Play the Windows Media clip

Broadway Is a Tame Street - 2:19 Play the Windows Media clip <- the only song I don't like from the first album.

Violets of Dawn - 3:30 Play the Windows Media clip

She Was Too Good to Me - 3:29 Play the Windows Media clip <- love, love, love

Dark as a Dungeon - 4:53 Play the Windows Media clip

Over the Rainbow - 3:33 Play the Windows Media clip

Marieka - 3:18 Play the Windows Media clip

These clips from the second album are great

As Time Goes By

Suzanne -

Without Rhyme or Reason

To a Daughter-In-Law Unknown

Edited by playbiller

It was the OMG OMG OMG OMG what is that move video that made me go off the deep end, not just go to the concert. My first AI concert cost me about $500 for 4 tickets with all the upgrading because by the time I decided to go the only thing available was the back seat of the arena. Too bad I didn't know you then Muski, I had some spares! One thing I've learned in this fandom is how to buy tickets. I will never buy another broker ticket again.

SIGH...I know it is really getting harder and harder to wait....

I MISS CLAY!!!!!

I just listened to Clay;s Hello...and his voice was so beautiful...it just made me miss him more.

I bet Simon was biting his tongue with commentary on Barry's painful performance....I've always thought Barry should just stick to the songwriting and pianoplaying and leave the vocals to others....(like Clay)

I miss Clay so bad, so bad, so bad. Work is really, really busy and I hardly have time to write my story! :( This morning I listened to Clay's AI performances in the car and replayed "At This Moment' umpteen times....I LOVE that performance! The nuances in his voice, his delivery, his interpretation...

gah

sigh

Hmmm....sounding a bit fangirly this morning, ain't I? :unsure:

EDITED: OMG! Ansamcw! We must have been writing the same things at the same time! :blink:

EDITED AGAIN because I just noticed your post was written a couple of hours ago? So how did I miss it? I swear I didn't read it before I posted mine. :unsure:

Whatever... <_< Obviously, we both have exquisite taste. :P

Edited by muskifest

So, while I don't think Chicken Little Covais had any real singing talent and he deserved to be booted off, I'm starting to like the little freak's attitude. He comes across as a snarky, self-aware little snot in some of his post-show interviews, and I for one appreciate that. YMMV, of course, and probably does.

From MTV.com:

'Idol' Underdog Kevin Covais Watching Out For Gold Diggers

After sky falls on contest run, 'Chicken Little' wants girl who doesn't care he was on TV.

Once cowboy Garet Johnson got the boot, Kevin Covais became the new token cute kid of "American Idol," and he rode his lovable personality and soft tenor voice all the way to the top 11. Simon Cowell was never too kind to the 16-year-old from Levittown, New York, but finally came around after Tuesday's rendition of Nat King Cole's "When I Fall in Love." After that, "Chicken Little" (Covais' nickname) looked safe for a few more weeks, but the votes told a different story (see "Kevin Covais Cut From 'American Idol' ").

MTV: Do you agree this was your best week, and does that make being eliminated more or less frustrating?

Kevin Covais: I would say this was by far my best week. I was never into the song as much as I was this week. The song was perfect for me, and everything seemed right. So the fact that I was eliminated is a little bittersweet, but it's nice to go out on top, knowing you did your best, so no harsh feelings at all.

[After the taping], we had a dinner to celebrate, you know, me leaving. The other contestants were there, and it was really cool. We exchanged numbers, and everybody said sweet stuff. There were many tears and some from me 'cause I'm going to miss these people.

MTV: What do you think standing up to Simon last week did for your votes?

Covais: I think I won respect. As far as the votes, maybe people voted for me for it, maybe people thought I was arrogant and didn't vote for me. I wasn't expecting to say what I said, but when I said it, I was happy I did. I had taken four weeks of negative comments from him and I flipped the script on him, and I think he actually respected me for it. He was testing me, and I apparently passed the test. So there's a mutual respect now between me and Simon.

MTV: "Chicken Little" came out on DVD this week, and it was advertised all over the "Idol" Web site. Think you had anything to do with that?

Covais: I'm sure I had something to do with it. Maybe I'll get a little piece of the profits. I love [the nickname]. I'm a fun-loving guy, and I enjoy that type of stuff. I'm sarcastic and witty, and I have a sense of humor. And I know it's nothing against me because one of my best friends, ["Idol" contestant] Paris Bennett, made it up.

MTV: Did you read any of the stuff written about you during the show?

Covais: I avoid that stuff. Most of the people who have good stuff to say don't take the time out to write it on the Internet. I read a few things in the beginning and I saw negative stuff, and I said, "This isn't for me. I need to stay focused." Most of it, as Simon would say, is rubbish.

MTV: Next week is songs from the 21st century. Had you made it, would you have pulled out a little Kanye West?

Covais: You never know what tricks I had up my sleeve. Maybe. I'm a huge Kanye fan.

MTV: So it seems the show turned you into quite the ladies' man.

Covais: I can honestly tell you that before ["Idol"], I was pretty confident with girls. The only difference was I didn't have celebrity status. I'm more confident now, of course. I'm sure certain girls will just want a celebrity who's been on TV, but I'll watch out for those girls.

As for the other chick-magnet who is the subject of this board? I'm going to refuse include his name in any of my posts until we get some substantive, real news of some sort. I'm feeling particularly petty and snippy right now, so :glare: to you for the time being, dude! (I'm not really mad, btw, just temporarily frustrated and a little bored. ;) )

Well, the little shit blogged...and then edited the blog to tell us more things he doesn't know.

And then he purposely talked about stylists pulling and pinching clothes on him and dressing him for 10 hours...

And then he teased us with pics that haven't been posted yet.

And then he snarked about us speculating about what he might wear...

And then I had to take a moment (tm Jemock) imagining what that little shit is probably like as a lover....all the teasing and the 'dangling carrot' (so to speak) and the s-l-o-w release (gah) of information....taunting us all the way...

god.

Release date June 20th..just in time for me to tell everybody (secretly of course) what I want for my birthday. I'll get those "7" copies done without spending any money at all heee. Muski...heee yeah why am I humming "I love a man with a slow hand" and I don't even smut... out loud anyway. LOL.

So while he's posting that nobody knows the release date, RCA puts up TBD for June 20th. TBD..that brings back memories. I haven't bee online much..too busy watching sports...but I'm just waiting waiting waiting for the downpour and the tour and the album. I am just excited about Clay as I've ever been..maybe more if that was even possible. I can't wait until it's time to PRE ORDER!

Son of bi.... <_<

I have had one of those days where it was only by sheer determination that I stopped myself from knocking someone over or hitting them with my car. As it was, much cursing under the breath was done. And I only have a couple of minutes to check in before I have about ten more things to do this evening.

Is that out-of-focus ass shot supposed to make up for all the frustration that dude has caused me lately? Ha! Nice try - I'll take it into consideration.

I have my doubts about a stylist that wears a fuzzy vest.... :blink:

I need a grumpy 'nana. :purplebanana: This purple banana eggplant hybrid bastard thing will have to do...

ETA: June 20th - another 3 months? Crap!

Edited by bottlecap

OMG...I'm not used to having so much news on one shot anymore...

Last year I got an Ipod for my bday...now I get Clay;s CD...EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

yup he truly loves me...(heh couchie my Bday is 1 day closer :P )

Well Bottlecap...I think the real news will be coming in soon...and more often...

Well, the earlier pissiness has disappated somewhat, helped along by finally being able to sit down for an hour, and by chocolate. (Pfffttt to the doctor that discharged my barely mobile 81 year-old mother from the hospital 3 days after major abdominal surgery. <_< )

I think I'm mostly caught up now. I see I missed most of the official / not official myspace angst. Whatever - I have an account, so I guess I'll have to figure out how to navigate around the site at some point to get to the music stuff.

Blog and pictures - Based on the dates, I see the subject sat on those for a whole week before deciding to share those with us. I'd like to know just who the photographer was, and did he / she take the ass / thigh shots on his / her own, or did the boss suggest those particular angles? I personally am not digging the longer hair, and hope it will be different for the actual photo-shoot. YMMV, of course. ('Scuse me while I assume the lotus position and start chanting "JBT Hair" over and over again.) I see Roger is enjoying the view, and despite his fancy VP title, is still working the "Party on, Garth" hairstyle. Finally, the sight of the jeans on the floor might have elicted a tiny squeal from me, because I am that shallow.

Am I ready to start addressing the man by his name again? Humm, I think not quite yet. We'll see what news the next week brings.... B)

Whew! :blink:

bottlecap, I was beginning to think all was lost as I read your post...until I got to this...

the sight of the jeans on the floor might have elicted a tiny squeal from me, because I am that shallow.

I feel better, now. B)

bottlecap, bottlecap, bottlecap...I'll join you in the shallow car. :D Sorry to hear about your Mom.

And at the same time -- I'll shout his name from the rooftops.

CLAY AIKEN! CLAY AIKEN! CLAY AIKEN IS MY BOYFRIEND!!!

I'm still in the "I don't care about the hair" crowd -- for I still love it that he has hair.

June 20th -- 5 days after I return from Ireland. Sheesh. There go my plans for helping with a CD release party, for I will have no vacation time. But....EEEEEEEEEEE! for a date. And couchie and Ansa get a wonderful birthday present. YAY!

Yes, I say it's time for these guys as well muski...

:nana:

:nanarow:

Well, I'm sure you'll be glad to know, there is even a lower level of personal pissiness to work with this morning. Mom is feeling much better.

So, how does one get to be a "Stylist"? No reason in particular, just wonderin'. ;)

I kind of like the idea of a certain blogger keeping a notepad full of ideas for blog subjects. Hopefully, he will have a bunch of news he can share with us on a regular basis about the CD and whatnot.

:nanadance3: Black-belt Ninja 'Nana?

I still love it that he has hair.

I hear ya.

But is it wrong of me, a person who usually does not care much (and that includes Hawaii Harry Potter's friend hair) if a little part of me eeeeeeeeeees inside when I see a picture that shows it draping over his collar and curling a bit against the neck?

I think it's just in my nature. Back in the day, I married a long haired man. Bo Bice long. He's since cut it. He's also an ex-DH, but I don't think it was about the hair.

I am, however, thinking that type of long would not suit Mr. Aiken.

bottlecap, where in the heck did you find a Ninja banana? Do I even want to know?

I think, given all that has been done to Clay's hair, it is good he has hair as well. Did we ever see pictures of Clay's mother's brothers to see if they still had hair? Genetics and all that stuff.

The question from the fan club - are those Clay's boots

Now O/T just a little, Promosquad has put me on it's no new songs for you list. I guess I was just too flippant saying I would cut my throat if I got another song by Cheyenne.

strummer6, Ninja 'Nana is on the emoticon list if you click "Show All". I have no idea what it actually is supposed to be - I'm just trying to work my way through the various kinds of dancing produce in an orderly and fair fashion.

:nanadance3:

Fan Club boot picture - I vote that there's definitely a leg in it, and that the boot looks too small to belong to the main man. I'm positive that is one of those random women that seem to be wondering around in the background. I can't tell if Fuzzy Vest Chick is wearing light-colored pants or not, but I could see that being her leg. YMMV, of course.

Hair - I still think it is in it's pre-photoshoot phase, and is subject to being cut and highlighted for the actual shoot. It seemed to be growing out in the eastern Europe snapshots, which would make sense to me - it would allow for more styling options when the time comes to do the cover and promo shoots. Then again, what do I know? I'd just like to see something more mature than the spikes. (O/T - What's up with Ryan Seamonkey's hair? Is it part of his evil plan to completely take over Dick Clark's persona, starting with his hair style from the early days of American Bandstand?)

I inquired over at CV about the reason for the pinned pleat in the back of the jacket in picture 4. Per a poster with tailoring experience, that is a typical way to customize the fit of the jacket. The extra material is actually taken out of the seam by the collar. Mmmm, custom tailoring.... (Insert drooling emoticon here. How come we don't have one of those, btw?)

Finally, it's three days later, and I'm still astounded that Mr. Three Shirt Minimum would seemingly so blithely strip down and try on clothes in front of a roomful of people. :19: (I am basing that on the dropped jeans on the floor.) The mind boggles.... B)

Edited by bottlecap

Come on, BC, Clay changed his clothes in front of an entire part time cast in some state or another (JNT 2006). And they stopped and stared. Perhaps his modesty is with those who will imortalize such a picture with a camera.

Oh, yeah and he changed some clothes in front of part of the audience accordxing to one fan who sat close to the stage in the JBT.

Edited by playbiller

I so adore this place...where we talk about the IMPORTANT things...such as hair and changing clothes.

Hair: I agree that it's probably at the "I'm in the studios tidying up my album but need to practice for the photo shoots" stage. I like the way it goes over the collar, and I'm one of the few out there (I think) who likes the dark hair. It will be interesting to see what the next transformation of Clay Aiken will be.

Changing clothes: Lord & Taylor, he's probably been changing clothes in front of friends for almost his entire life. What was the story about him and KLo during the AI2 tour? Was it his shirt he stripped off in front of her (someone could see this happening back stage)? I don't remember how that one went. JBT Tour -- Mary's seen him quite a few times. He "hit her in the eye when she was helping him change clothes" at one stop -- Toronto maybe? Oh yeah, and then during the NAT -- didn't someone report that right before YWT, people could see his outline behind a curtain during the Appleton show when he was changing into the white suit?

*swoon*

*dies*

I get to go to jury duty tomorrow. Wish me luck -- I'll be taking my PDA with clack on it to keep me occupied.

Hee. I hadn't thought about all those cases of semi-public semi-nudity. Glad you all are up on all those stories. :P

I have to be away from the computer all day today and tomorrow, and will only be able to check in during the evening. When I was offline on Friday afternoon, y'all got the notsomuchmyspace, the blog, the pictures and and the RCA site no-they-didn't release date. Seems to me that the timing would be perfect for say, a press release. If so, y'all can thank me later. :D See ya this evening.