#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

Hey, playbiller - howyadoin'? Sorry, I can't do the AI results show in real time on Wednesdays unless Lost is a rerun. Can't take a chance on missing a shirtless Jin sighting. I have my priorities.... :P

News? As usual - none, nada, diddly-squat, not a peek, not a sound, not a rustle, not a whisper, hint, clue, or possibility. <_< That is, unless you're interested in knowing that Nikko Smith from AI4 is apparently hard at work on a new album. Is that what you meant? I'm beginning to think I'm going to see coverage of Tsathy's scorching hot new CD on MTV.com before I see any official news on that other AI2 heart-throb.

Hey! I'm in Minneapolis til Monday on business and after a hellacious first day, the rest of this meeting will be a piece of cake. If anyone is in the area and would like to meet for a drink and maybe some CLACK sharing...PM me and we'll try to make it happen.

Same for Chicago--I'll be there from Monday the third through Wednesday the fifth...if you're near there, I'm up for an informal get together...I'd love to meet any of you if we could get our schedules to fit! :trink3: :704: :bier: :voll: :nana:

BC -- Lost isn't a rerun. All new and it's a Hurley episode! I love Hurley.

The Ninja Nana originated here? I guess I'll be clicking 'show all' and see what I get. Is it scary?

OT, kinda -- Woohoo and Wheeeeeee! I finally got a LCD monitor! Buh-Bye, you ding dang 17" clunky CRT. Bring on the 19" and the defined color!

I'll be signing off to switch them out soon. Ooooh, what concert video to watch first? I'm think an orangish-reddish shirt BFM with tie yanking. That could be good.

-------------------------

I just checked show all. This is a dancing pickle? :dancingpickle: I always thought that was broccoli.

And why does this amuse me so?

:party20:

::waves:: at KAndre. Shop! Eat! Shop! Eat! And then shop some more! Come home with five suitcases. You know you want to.

I wanna be in Italy.

strummer6, I think your piano emoticon seems very Teutonic. Is that another shout-out to our European traveler? :party20:

:voll::juul: :bier: :all_coholic: :kotz0:

Obviously, I'm not doing any of those things this Friday night. Awhoo freakin' Hoo, only not. Ha! :P

Ok if I stay in the house tonight so I don't risk getting struck by lightening I'll survive my no COBRA gamble. Health insurance kicks in tomorrow. YAY.

Now, If Clay Aiken would just kick in tomorrow..heee Oh well, I'll watch hoops while pbskids.org helps me babysit instead.

I listened to the Colorado NAT concert today while working. It made the day fly by. I loved that tour. Hell I love all the tours. I really hope his next tour's opening night is someplace doable for me.

bottlecap rolls into FCA, looks around, and murmurs a soft "Thank you, Jesus". No weird colors, word substitutions, or headache inducing transpositions. Yeah!

bottlecap rolls out again to go grocery shopping and crosses her fingers for an AFD blog...

heee Bottlecap..I'm still trauamatized by the bic Boi debacle. I had to get some counseling from Churchmouse that day.

Anyway...I just uploaded top 7 and 6 from season 2 to the usual place for anybody that was waiting for it.

Have a happy AFD.

Ah, the jaw-dropping panic-attack-inducing appearance of the Ink Spot instead of the Clackhouse - I remember it well. That was truly effective because it was unexpected. Now, everybody signs in on AFD expecting the boards to be wacky.

I'm just a little concerned that we will get actual, honest-to-goodness news today, and we won't be able to discuss it coherently. Not likely on a Saturday, I know, but I like to at least pretend.

:dance2: Applause for the Vaudeville 'Nanas!

I actually enjoyed the ink spot...hee

I do enjoy the AFD pranks...but the boards did get me dizzy.

Had to deal with kids determined to pull off successful pranks so it was a bit of a stress.

Shall I assume that since no one responded to my all call for Chicago-based women for a little tete a tete while I'm in Chicago on business...that:

1. There ARE no Chicago based women reading and posting on this board or

2. There ARE, but none that want to meet up with me or

3. There might be but none that think they have the time or logistical ability to help make it happen..

Or

4. There are no women reading and posting on this board that read MY posts? :unsure:

:lol:

Anyway...I leave for Chicago tomorrow morning and will be there until Wed. evening. I'll have internet access so that's no excuse! B)

muski, I'm three hours away from you...but unfortunately, I don't have the ability to take the time off. (Gotta save that vacation time for my Ireland trip this summer.) I'd simply LOVE to meet up with you, but alas, it is not meant to be.

Keep me in mind though if you every manage to make it to Illinois again.

I thought the Ink Spot was pretty funny too, but was glad when it changed back. I do know how couchie felt after that experience though... :blink:

And, just because I can...bring on the guitarist banana!

:music:

Sorry, muskifest - you're not coming far enough east for me...

:music: Base banana, to accompany ldyj's lead guitar.

So, finally news this week? I'm tired of saying: "maybe next week" over and over. -_-

Waves to FearofH2O and georgiaclay, who I haven't seen in a while.

lydjocelyn Sorry it won't work out this time...but maybe we can hook up when I'm back in Chicago for our big (2,000 attendees) conference the first week of November...I'll be here a whole week then.

bottlecap Where in the East are you? I'm actually from North Carolina and grew up in a small town there about 20 miles from Charlotte, and in Virginia. I have some good Clayfriends in NC, VA and PA...and my inlaws are in Delaware (where my hubby's from)...

bottlecap Where in the East are you? I'm actually from North Carolina and grew up in a small town there about 20 miles from Charlotte, and in Virginia. I have some good Clayfriends in NC, VA and PA...and my inlaws are in Delaware (where my hubby's from)...

muskifest, I'm not that far east - I'm in Ohio, a couple of states over from Illinois. When the tourism people are being annoyingly, they refer to my region as "The North Coast". 'Cause Lake Erie is almost the same as the Atlantic Ocean and all, except for the salt. Hee.

So, when the summer / fall tour does the east coast, we'll all have to crash at clay4shore's house, huh? ;)

Edited by bottlecap

clay4shore If you're near Annapolis, you're familiar with Rehoboth Beach...I lived there for seven years when I taught high school English! That's where I met my hubby...

Ah...lazy Indian Summer days on the wide, beautiful beaches after the tourists were gone---the weather still great and the ocean still warm for playing in the waves...the expanse of sand between the dune grass and the foam sometimes so wide that all I could see in the distance was the horizon...

sigh....

Then, of course, there were the summer nights.....the little town bursting with tanned and eager bodies...caravans for last calls at favorite bars...the coconuty smell of suntan oil mingling with the more intoxicating aroma of youth and willingness.....

Dang...those were some days, I tell ya! :P

I, not DJS111!, live in New Jersey and Fear lives in NC. Perhaps I can meet you, Muskifest, in NC, when I go down to NC in May (with or without Holly, my pup). Just call me a traveling woman, no job. no worries (*cough cough*).

Let me know when anyone comes to the big apple, I live just outside there in a small township with more trees than people. :ole0:

PS, I love Annapolis, I used to sale out from the sailing school all the time on their grand tours.

djs111 Ah...I was born and raised NC and VA, but I've called the San Francisco Bay Area (Alameda) my home since 1989. I love it here! In fact, Couchie and I live about 20 mins from each other! Just based on that fact alone, I'll never be able to say I wasn't blessed in this lifetime! ^_^

But I was just in Charlotte doing site research for a big conference I'll be organizing for 1988. It's really changed since I lived near there as a child...uh...manycoughtoomanycough years ago. :P

:nanadance::nanadance::nanadance:

Hi everybody,

Checking in. Have been in a funk lately :( (lol, no drop date yet), but was cheered by the April 1st hijinks going on in Clay Nation. Actually, I have been working a lot lately and watching American Idiots each week (wearing ear plugs).

Wish I could meet you in Chicago, but alas, I am stuck in Georgia -- watching the dogwoods blossom, the cherry tree bloom and sneezing, sneezing, sneezing from all those wonderful allergies that the South just loves to do to so many of us each spring.

Will go back to lurking now.

G

Well I'm probably the only one up.  Clay blogged! 

If you want to know about the album... uh no need to rush over LOL.  Just a nice conversational book recommendation.

He is sooo cute...I think he is giving us some hints...suggestions on how to get the slow days filled up...

I'm way ahead of him....

so do people want to start a book discussion... :D

That blog.....

Makes me want to grab Clay by the tie, pull him close......

.... and knee him right in the dancing banana. :em1100:

I don't want to hear about your freakin' book report, I want to hear your new single, dude. PPPFFFTTTT!

Morning all,

Muski, I live in Warner Robins (Home of Robins A.F.B) about 90 miles south of Atlanta. I have been to or through Augusta many times going to the Army Hospital there with my parents (back and forth, back and forth, the price you pay for taking care of the parents, LOL), and running for the border to South Carolina.

Off to read the blog and search out the book report (naw) just the blog.

See ya around. Off to lurkdom again.

G

Bottle, Here are a couple of ties to do the deed. Have fun.

:kra: :kra: :kra:

Has anyone heard from our "taking Europe by storm" friend??? Last thing I new she was off to terrorize Italy, after blitzing England (they really did not need that, LOL)

Edited by georgiaclay