#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

:19: :19: :19: :19:

Happy Happy Easter.

BTW, curiosity killed the cat. Just checked out the Burberry site. I know that I live in the South, but all I could say after looking at some of the prices was "just damn". A dog lease for 160.00, FOR A FREAKING DOG LEASE. Now I know what OMC does with all our hard earned dollars !!! (LOL, just kidding people). I just passed it on buy, but if I had an extra 600.00 dollars that I just wanted to spend, I would not pass up on one of the "cute" purses that they have on the site.

Again,

Hoppy Easter (bad pun)

G

HAPPY EASTER

:ole0::ole0:

Currently stuffed on waffles with cream and strawberry sauce...our little Easter breakfast. The girls are high on easter chocolates...

So when did Cadbury and Hershey hi jack Easter...sigh

Hmmm...I wonder if we get an Easter message. Its possible he is on Easter Break as well...if so I hope we get it tomorrow.

I do think Clay's lack of communication is a result of the fact that the fans had an abundance of info in the early days with so many inside informants that gives fans info even before Clay finds out about them. He really had a problem with that and its possible now he has gone the other way and is now only willing to share info that he has to and has put a plug on insider infos. Just speculating on this rainy sunday morning.

Have a great day everyone....

Heh, I didn't tell anyone I found a burberry outlet an hour from me, did I?

Guess one of my expeditions soon will be a drive up there to spend the day (there are lost of outlets there, coach, and others hard to find.

Have fun egg hunting all. I miss when I used to do Easter egg hunts for my neighbor's kids, but they grow up and/or move away. Now I have to go tie bunny ears on my dog (just kidding)

Edited by playbiller

AAACCCKKKK! I'm full of ham and deviled eggs and carrot cake. :blink:

So looks like no no Easter blog, huh? Oh well, I did think fond thoughts of Clay during the solo a perfectly nice but ordinary tenor sang in church this morning.

:00000442:

I've been doing a bit of promosquad that last couple of days, and I seem to be trapped in an endless Landon Pigg loop. I paid a little more attention tha I normally do, since Landon is an RCA artist with a June 27th release date. (Why yes, I do check the RCA website several times a day just in case an update gets posted.) Anyway, Landon seems to be one of those generic singer / songwriter types - I blame John Mayer for the current boring infestation. All his songs are starting to make me grind my teeth. RCA is ready to release this guy's record, but can't even drop a hint about the CD of their best male singer? ARRRGGGHHH!

RCA - :bananasign:

BWAH - I have been getting Landon Pigg as well = who named this guy? WIth a name like that I was expecting hip hop. He is not the worst I have had to listen to pn Promosquad (Cheyenne anyone?) Anyway, I usually like 1 of the ested tracks, so that keeps me busy expaliang what is wrong with the rest.

I heard Ruben's songs a while ago, but not lately. I wonder if they pulled them or if his album will indeed see the light of day.

And the final issue - will we ever see Clay on Promosquad?

Well, I heard Invisible on the radio for the first time in a really long while last night. Unfortunately, it was on my clock radio that was supposed to be playing me softly to sleep instead of jolting me awake right before midnight. :blink: Ah well, it was just good to hear it being played at all. A look forward to things to come, I hope.

Well I had the traditional Easter meal - a super chicken burrito. I totally forgot it was Easter until I came to this board...no wonder the fish and chips place was closed LOL. Hope everybody had a good day.

Couchie, this made my morning! BWAHAAAA! :lol::lol:

My Easter meal was a Hot Dog at the A's game, along with a MoonPie that I'd smuggled in in my purse---washed down with an overpriced beer! :lol:

WHoo hoo - enjoying my new TV, (last one blew out a month ago). SO nice seeing more than postcard sized picture, and now I should really be able to hear AI sounds true. All I need is my HDTV controller box to watch it the best.

PSST - Clay, you can appear on TV any time you want now. I am ready. Next purchase DVD player/recorder.

Easter dinner ( still recovering from chasing my dog in the rain for hours, I had a nice salad, left over pizza and then macaroni and cheese because I got too lazy to make the ham.

Edited by playbiller

Congrats on the new TV, playbiller. Just in time to see Rod Stewart on AI, in all his high-definition glory. :blink: Yeah, good luck with that. Also, it's not the speakers on your TV that make it sound like the contestants suck; they do that all on their own. :glare: Hee.

Bwah, about the contestants sucking, I suspected that, but now I cannot use the TV as anb excuse, especially since I connected the highpowered amplifier s and the huge speakers left over from a stereo set up.

CLay, on the other hand, has never sucked (at least on TV or in concert or on a CD......).

bottlecap, if I'd been drinking something when I read your post, I'd have spit it all on my monitor, so let us be thankful that I wasn't and didn't! :P

And as for Clay never having sucked, playbiller... B) somehow I doubt that... B)

I mean, that man's mouth---lips, tongue, little teeth---it's perfection! And so very agile and talented. I imagine that he has done just about every verb possible with that mouth...

And I'm pissed at the bitches who know that for sure, too! <_<

sigh....

Sad news this morning...

CHer Laughinoutloud (Madeline) died this morning.

She was not a member of this board but I do believe she may have friends here...

I never met her but I hear she was a very generous and loving person that reached out to a lot of people specially other Clay fans.

RIP...and thoughts and prayers to her friends and family...

Hey gang!

It's been a rough week in the ldyjocelyn household...my Mom, who lives 3 hours away from me, feel and broke a bone near her hip over a week ago. My brother and his wife, who live in the same town as her, had tickets to visit their daughter in Florida last week, so I ended up spending the entire week with Mom. (My Easter dinner -- grilled chicken salad and fried ravioli's from Appleby's. It was about the only place open that wasn't packed to the gills. *g*) Mom is still in the hospital at this point, and she will be moving to a nursing home as soon as she is strong enough. I'm finally back at work today, and am in the midst of trying to catch up on all my emails *coughreadingtheboardscough*. My emotional state isn't particularly good though, especially with hearing of the death of laughingoutloud.

*sob*

News like this makes the tabloid crap and whining about no news from Clay pale in comparison.

I do have to EEEEEEEEEE at the GMA thing though. Clay always looks so wonderful when he appears on that show.

Clique? I'll renew. I don't care. It's Clay.

Not just us story: I had my husband bring me a Clay shirt to wear over the weekend. (I was out of clothes!) So, I walk into the hospital, and one of the nurses practically lunged at me. "You've got a great singer there!" The next day, she cornered me again and wanted to know where my Clay shirt was! If I hadn't been so busy, I would have brought this nurse something!

Back to work. Heh.

((((ldyjocelyn)))

Hope your mom has a smooth recovery.

RL has been rough on me lately too...but I find when I put my Clay fandom in perpective its very soothing and helps me along the rough spots.

Y'all have been great at helping me through rough times.

Clay's voice and humanity can be soothing too. Last night... when I listened to some Mp3s from AI5 ...I saw Seattle JNT set 2 in the playlist and couldn't help but click on it. I have been listening to audio books so haven't listened to Clay for more than a month now. So the voice...specially OHN HTHAS/OCAYF..to GN...was so sublime. The voice just went through me and touched my heart...no other singer has ever done that. Songs have...but voice...no...

Sigh...Now we need some laughs...

Kandre...how about Paris...

Bottlecap...how about some more penguin news...

Sorry, Ansa, no new penguin news to hand. But if you go to my source for all things penguin, cuteoverload.com and scroll down a bit to an entry titled "Chihuahua Cozies", you may find yourself smiling. (I'll admit that when I saw that particular picture the other night, I laughed until I cried and my stomach hurt - but I'll admit that I'm weird and sometimes easily amused. :P )

Hugs all around, just because.

ldyjocelyn, good to see you back. I've been reading about your mom at the CH, and have been thinking about you. It's tough when the roles reverse and you become the caretaker for your aging parents. My mom has been through some serious medical stuff lately too, and it's hard to see her in a somewhat fragile state.

Man, Clay, the Clay Nation could really use a blog or a bit of news today.... -_-

This is really stretching, but it is interesting to note that the new Rolling Stone has a feature story on Nick Lachey written by Allison Glock, who was Clay's co-writer on Learning to Sing. Hopefully, she'll get to do a similar article for Clay in the near future. (Although, I hope Clay doesn't spend the bulk of the interview time crying and sniffling like Nick Lachey does in this article)

It's pretty quiet here, so I'll ask an off-topic question. Michael Buble is doing a concert locally, and I am pondering if I want to go or not, because tickets are $72.00. For those of you who have seen him live, is he worth the price? Tickets go on sale tomorrow, so I guess I should make up my mind fairly quickly.

I haven't seen him live but one of my Meetup friends did in Vegas....she said he did Clay bashing, crotch grabbing and bashed MJ...she was upset because there were young children in the audience.

She regrets going to see him other than knowing what he does on stage. She said Clay could out sing, out perform, out class MB with his eyes closed and Mom/Dad wouldn't have to worry about their children seeing grabbing....

I understand that Michael Buble liked Clay. How well do you know this person? It sounds more lilke Kid Rock. Not Buble material at all.

Now I don't particularly like Bubale, but ther have been enough people who wnet to his show and I never heard anything like that before.

I understand that Michael Buble liked Clay. How well do you know this person? It sounds more lilke Kid Rock. Not Buble material at all.

Now I don't particularly like Bubale, but ther have been enough people who wnet to his show and I never heard anything like that before.

Yes I never heard anything like that on Buble's concert. i know he mentions Clay...like his audience were at Clay;s concert too or something like that. I also can;t see where he would have some crotch grabbing...but I guess someone who have seen it may be able to say for sure.