#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

georgiaclay, I saw the lovely and talented KAndre's screen name lurking around down there very early this morning, although she didn't post anything. Just keeping an eye on what Clay (and her minions ;) ) have been up to, I think. Deep bows and much groveling in her general direction, just in case she is bringing back some fabulous new shoes fro Italy for her loyal peons.

yup...our wandering world dominatrix is back home...I guess Europe survived :D

Can't wait to hear about her adventures....

so will he have the usual people commenting on AI5 tonight? I am not looking forward to this at all...do not enjoy country and it will highlight Kellie and Bucky...not my favorites.

Now, now Bottlecap...patience...just...read a book :P

Book, smook - I don't have the attention span to actually read a book anymore. <Refresh, Refresh, Refresh> - I need constantly updated content, dagnabit!

I have decided that Clay is busy working on his application for this episode of Oprah's show:

Tell Us About The World's BEST GLAZED DONUTS!

The album is being delayed as Clay and his songwriting team polish his heartfelt ode about his love of Krispy Kremes.

:wub:

I'm a little pissed off about the Country theme on AI5 tonight, because I think that means Bucky will get to stick around for another week. Crap! Fingers crossed that maybe Ace'll get the boot instead.

Heeee, I had to buy another frickin' suitcase in Italy - shoes, clothes, bling, pinches...they had it all!

Being that I'm a mod (and I told Clay I would keep our little love tryst a secret) - I shall post the ode to my adventures in a different forum - be back in a sec to tell y'all which...

Dum de dum dum...dum de dum...dum de dum de dum dum dum dum dum dum...dum de dum dum...dum de dum...dum...da dum dum...dum...dum....dum

Dang. Somebody give me a hint where it should go...because goodness knows I don't feel like unpacking and my cats are loudly complaining that I was gone waaaay too long (and so is my child) even though I'm back now!

oh hell KAndre, I don't know either LOL. Create a new one. Post it here, there, anywhere... maybe something new in watercooler.

I went to OFC for about a hot minute tonight. That's all I could stand. There's more conspiracy theories than the JFK assasination.

New thread just for MS. K - post away

I'm going start referring to Clay as "Fat Bastard" going forward. Is that too harsh? :P

Per an interview with Miles Siggins, the AI stylist:

Q: Did American Idol star Clay Aiken go through any dietary changes that you know about to help his remarkable transformation? He looked like he got bigger during the competition, and still looks that way now.

A: He does, doesn't he? I think it's just the lifestyle of being on the road, eating whatever you can. I don't mean to be out of line, but middle America isn't really known for its culinary delights.

In other words, "Would it kill ya to eat a salad once in a while?" That just cracks me up. :lol:

I gotta watch Lost tonight, so I'll have to catch up with the AI results show afterwards. Maybe I'll mosey over to TWoP and see if there are any good spoilers.

Pondering recent media comments about Clay - looks changing and looking bigger. Could part of it have something to do with him not standing next to the big guy (tall) Ruben? No that was just a wild theory that probably doesn't make sense;. *grin*

Do you think we'll ever get a Ruben/Clay CD? I love their harmonies.

So, am I the only one who is, like, actually reading the book?????

So far, it's not exactly cheering me up. But I'm determined to get through it! It's a pretty good read, but not exactly the thing to lift one's spirits. I can definitely see why he might identify with it, though.........

I read the book about a month ago. I started it, put it down after a few pages, then picked it up again and read it straight through.

I doubt he picked it out because he identified with it, though.

I guess I hope that book discussions in other lands far away don't use this book as a club or a chance to once again dissect Clay's family; it stands on its own merits.

The thing about the book that struck me, as an average middle-class Amurrican, is that I will never understand how rich people can treat poor people as subhuman, I can't understand why they are not ashamed of themselves.

Guess you have to be born into it, and see that way of life as the norm.

Clay - the new Oprah!

My husband is an avid reader. I found the Kite Runner in his stack of books to read. I will check it out and may real it. He reads a lot of non-fiction while I tend to read more fiction mostly science fiction these days.

Sheesh Botlecap, thanks for sending me there, I was getting excited about buying a bunch of playing cards when I sudenly saw (by the price) that they were gift cards. I am certainly not buying 52 gift cards as a birthday present looks at family for anyone I know.

Thursday - Clay, give me a reason to buy a new TV!

I didn't find anything to cry about in the book....more like sadness and outrage, and the pleased satisfaction when a character or two revealed a life much more interesting and fulfilling - and sometimes more heart-breaking - than the other characters (and I) arrogantly assumed.

I am going to start The Virgin's Knot soon - about a dowry rug weaver in Turkey. It begins in 1953. I am fascinated by contemporary books about other lands and cultures because I have only got a historical sense of them, I have no idea what day to day life is like.

That was one of the cool things about working overseas - I did very little tourist stuff, but learned to shop for groceries and get to work and stuff like that - where to get a good cheap supper, where to go out partying and such.

As long as I am here all by mahself.....I will post this, I posted it at the CH too.

It was so lovely to read about Clay without a discouraging word that I almost teared up.

Shut up.

Just saw this linked to on msnbc - good mentions, and a link to a 2005 article that is pretty good.....

lovely Clay mentions

‘Idol’ season two: Where are they now?

Ruben won, but Clay went on to massive success

He looked like he got bigger during the competition

He thinks Clay got bigger during the AI competition? I really didn't notice anything til the AI tour and that white suit.

Wait til someone sends this interviewer some of the pics in Jemock's album..... B)

djs, Andy Dehnart has been pretty good to Clay on msnbc.com, but in his realityblurred blog, he has been pretty quick to include the crap, including the latest little gnat buzzings. At least in his blog, Dehnart is faithful about labeling things "allegedly", which is more than some "journalists" bother to do. So in my opinion, Dehnart has kind of a mixed record on all things Clay.

I passed by "The Kite Runner" on the shelf at Target last night without even picking it up. I am feeling the tiniest bit guilty about that, but I suspect I'll get over it. ;)

A teeny, tiny Clay mention in a TV Guide Insider article titled "Idol Burning Questions Answered".

How do early faves like Ace Young end up in the bottom three?

Have we mentioned song choice? Some singers start off strong in the early rounds with tunes they know they can nail, but then they lose steam in genres outside their expertise. Think crooner John Stevens covering 'N Sync. But don't write off your faves just because they have a weak week; it's happened to the best of them. Literally. Aside from Kelly, Carrie and Clay, every top finalist has endured Ryan Seacrest's "after the break" shtick, including Season 3's bottom-three diva triumvirate of LaToya London, Jennifer "Dreamgirls" Hudson and Fantasia — and we know what happened to her.

Ok, did I say this already? That I'd actually bought The Kite Runner as a Christmas present for my husband? As soon as I read the cover, I knew it was something Kenny (my hubby) would like.

Now I know Clay likes it. Ooooh...as they say on CH, we have a con.nex.shun. :P

I'm reading it now on the bus to and from work instead of writing chapters of Clorn...I know that writing erotic fiction about a man I'll never 'know' is far removed from writing a Pulitzer Prize winning novel, but I gotta tell ya...

Many 'best selling' authors got nuthin' on some of the writers I've read online....

Difference is ambition, drive, discipline (IMO) to take a talent or even a honed skill and then be proactive about making it more than a hobby. Persistence and a thick skin and resolve to weather mucho rejection before any potential success.

blah blah...I'm just blathering...never mind me.... :blink:

OOOOOOH! I just noticed that I'm Member Number 569!

Funny how things work out, ain't it? B)

Edited by muskifest

Sigh. You guys are weakening my resolve not to read the book. If I break down and actually buy "The Kite Runner" ($9.80 at my local Target, I believe, based on glancing at the book section on my way to picking up "The Chronicles on Narnia" DVD), does that mean I'm entitled to buy one less Clay CD? Although, at this rate, I may be collecting Social Security before I have to worry about buying Clay's new album. <_<