#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

oh shoot...I was just coming in to post that...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that makes me happy cos it shows that the TV promo is getting lined up ...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Another GMA update, this one from heartmeltin4clay at Clayversity:

CLAY AND GMA

I have a good friend who heads the production staff/set-up crew for GMA's Concert in the Park Series. She sent me an email today which included, among other things, the following "Clay" information. I wanted to share it with each of you.

"It looks like Clay Aiken will be back again this summer. As of now, he is scheduled to be on GMA Friday, August 4th."

I soooooo hope this is right. All the sodium intake lately is making me feel fat and bloated.

:bounce:

Hmmmm....I'd better start doing those tricep-firming exercises if I'm going to be in New York in August...tank tops and all....hot in New York in August...

and did you guys see that Yahoo online news story about Kelly going on tour AGAIN! this summer? To continue singing from Breakaway AND to preview some songs from her NEXT CD due out late 2006 or early 2007....

HELLO!??????

CLAY? RCA? CLAY? :unsure:

Edited by muskifest

and did you guys see that Yahoo online news story about Kelly going on tour AGAIN! this summer? To continue singing from Breakaway AND to preview some songs from her NEXT CD due out late 2006 or early 2007....

Eh, I wouldn't worry about it. She'll blow out her voice again on tour, cancel dates, and then fight with Clive about putting her own music on the album. No way she outs out an album of new material in 2006, or even early 2007. That's wishful thinking on her part. Maybe she could do a concert album, but I think her live performances are pretty inconsistent, so that might be tough.

Or maybe I've just spent too much time reading all the speculation over possible delays on Clay's album (and also Christina Aguilera's), and am wondering how RCA manages to produce any product in a timely manner. Hee. B)

I swear, if we believe all the talk on the boards about people going to the GMA appearance, they'll have to expand Bryant Park to accommodate all Clay's fans!

Couchie? Trans-continental trip? :unsure: Aisle or window seat for you? ^_^

The timing sucks for me since the previous week I'll be in Florida for my family reunion. I'll wait and see what solidifys though...if it's GMA or bust..I'll make that cross country trek in a heartbeat. I have a feeling that I'll have more choices though if this turns out to be true.

Entertainment Weekly has a feature article on American Idol 5 this week that includes this positive Clay mention.

Still, it would be a mistake for the runners-up to assume that Idol's glow will light a path to superstardom. For every arena act like Clay Aiken (whose debut sold 2.7 million albums), there's a Tamyra Gray, whose 2004 debut sold fewer than 123,000 copies. Even so, recently rejected finalists Melissa McGhee, Kevin Covais, and Lisa Tucker have already stated that they will pursue recording careers — America's judgment be damned! And Cowell is dubious: ''I always say to Ryan when he's having a go at me for saying something critical, 'The day you take three of these losing contestants under your wing, manage them for a year, and play their records, I'll shake your hand.' But in six months' time he'll get a phone call from Kevin. It will go something like this: 'I have a new album. Will you play it?' 'No.' 'Okay, goodbye.'''

Clay Aiken - Arena Act. You betcha! Now if we could only get a schedule of the arenas he'll be appearing at this year.... B)

Thats really cool...he is truly one of the few big successes of AI...I woudl say so far they have three...Kelly, Clay and Carrie. But with Carrie the jury is still out if she can sell out tours.

This is why I think Clay shoudl make an appearance on AI. Even if he is not ready to promote an album he can preview the single and maybe be shown giving some advice the way he did on AI3. I think it will be good both for Clay and AI to remind people of their big commercial success.

Well then how does he explain the fact that Clay;s single is the biggest selling AI single ever...and that he sold 2.7 M cds.

These people do not know what they are talking about...specially Randy.

The problem is Randy, Paula and Simon forget what they have said to whom....then it gets reported in a magazine/newspaper etc. and we the fans do not have selected memory and know exactually what was said....steel traps for a mind when it comes to Clay ya know!! ;)

The probelm with AI people is that they never know how to talk. I do agree that Clay's album could have been better, but he cannot be held to that responsibility, he recorded it in bits and pieces and did pretty darn good considering his great previous recording history. After Clay's next album, he will be talking about how Clay knew what he was doing yadda yadda yadda. How does this man make a living? How can he even think they bear the responsibilty for thier first album.

Personally, I find it annoying at how dismissive they are of Ruben and Fantasia, more Ruben. Both have nice successes. Then there is Kim and Josh, who have also worked hard and are making a living from this career.

I am sure tha the story will change this year. ALthough, I feel I need to say, that I do not need the most perfect album. Clay does not have to be the all time biggest seller success or have a fantastic opening week or anything like that, I am happy with his album just coming out (eventually).

Didn't Simon once say that the only reason Clay's single sold so well was because of BOTW?

They just say stuff for the media; I doubt they give it as much thought as we do.

As far as a single from MoaM, I think Touch would have been good - it has a hook, it is light, there is something catchy about it.

I love WYSYLM, but I think it sounded too country for a first or second single.

And yes, I too don't care what is on the new CD, I just want it, and let the games and whining and sniping and happiness and all the circus acts begin!

I feel like the official announcement should include jugglers and baton twirlers.

To be honset...I really didn;t like TITN...only bought it cos its clay but I cannot imagne any other artist singing that. The composer should really thank his lucky stars Clay sang that song.

Awww...I have to disagree with Djs. on Touch and WYSYLM. I love WYSYLM and never got the country vibe from that...I think that would;ve been a fun summer single. I just don;t like Touch and I guess Clay agrees.. :P

Thing is...did Clay have any say at all which song would be his first single? I never thought so. And I always thought it was so 'snake in the grass' that Randy said that, already knowing that it WAS going to be his single. <_<

Did anybody else ever hear a rumor that TITN was meant for Ruben? (Or the winner?) but that Clay could sing it better? Or that Ruben didn't like the song or something? Seems I heard that somewhere. That TITN was originally for Ruben and Flying Without WIngs for Clay.

Whatever.

You know, I remember thinking that with better production, there were a few songs from MOAM that could have been hits.

Touch

Perfect Day

Run to Me

come to mind...but the way they sound---and the way pretty much all of them sound---on that CD, I understand why nothing ever really made it on the radio---too vanilla, too homogenized and pasteurized. In concert, he brought the songs to life, but then he brings so many

things

to life on stage, doesn't he? :P;)

What I heard is that TITN was one of the three songs they chose from for the AI1 coronation song but nobody can actually sing it well. On AI2 Clay and Josh made demos for TITN while Ruben and Kim did Flying. I actually want to hear Flying sang by Clay. Apparently that is suppsoed to ahve glory notes and has a very different sound as sang by Westlife. Its funny though. Season 2 was the only season where there were 2 different coronation songs. I do belive they wanted to even out the playing field and direct comparisons between the finalist won;t do the trick...

Bottlecap...just saw March of the penguins and I am now a fan of penguins...I seriously want one.

Forget about the jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, and Cadbury eggs, I was hoping I would find something from the Clayster Bunny this morning. No such luck, I guess.

Well, the day is young, so maybe there's still time for that holiday blog to get posted. Have a good day, y'all!

:manynanas: For today only, I'm considering thses to be dancing eggs.