#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the quack Clack has landed...he sounds so great reading this Hans Christian Andersen tale...I was really touched. He had a lot of feelings and I loved the mellow sound of his voice...

It will make you miss him so watch out. I got a bit teary eyed...sniff

GAH Clay we need to hear from you soon...PUHLEEEEEZE!!!!

Brought over from the Clackhouse:

The Temple News (PA)

Living a Dream with an American Idol

While working out in a Washington, D.C. hotel gym, junior Jamie Lee Strenchock overheard a man on the phone and realized it was American Idol winner Clay Aiken's personal assistant.

Mustering up as much courage as she could (not to mention wiping the sweat off her face), she introduced herself and gave him her demo CD.

He loved it and two months later, the aspiring singer and songwriter received a call saying he wanted her to do a duet with Aiken on his summer tour.

Thanks to her impromptu meeting with Aiken's assistant, Strenchock sang on stage with Aiken when she was only 19 years old. It was during his summer 2004 tour and she was in a state of disbelief - but she sure was enjoying it.

A broadcast telecommunications and mass media major, Strenchock has already begun her long journey in the music industry with a manager, image consultant, three original recorded songs and a professional concert venue already under her belt.

This summer she'll record two more original songs and then she's off to New York City to try and get a record deal. These are big times for a young woman who is a full-time college student.

In high school, Strenchock said that she did just about everything. But come senior year, Strenchock knew she had to pick a direction.

"I loved singing. There was something about performing and living in the spotlight that made me feel unlike anything else I ever had in my life," Strenchock said. "School couldn't cut it - nothing could cut it."

So she recorded a five song demo CD on her own. Among the songs were "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera and "Killing Me Softly" by the Fugees.

Her big break was that fateful day in D.C. when she haphazardly met Clay Aiken's personal assistant. The venue where Aiken performed held 10,000 people. Strenchock took the stage, chatted with Aiken for a few minutes and then performed the duet. After the show, people ran up to her asking when her album was set for release, requesting autographs and photos with her.

Backstage, she was given the intense responsibility of taking Aiken's dog Raleigh for a walk. She also got to chat with the former Idol star.

"A lot of people think he's gay; he's not." Strenchock said. "He comes from the South - he's a southern gentleman. Kinda corny."

When Strenchock went to sleep that night, she felt it was the best day of her life. "I thought to myself, 'How I feel in this moment, I want to feel for the rest of my life,'" Strenchock said. "That day discredited any insecurity I ever had."

<snip>

So this summer, it's off to New York City to try to land a record deal. And if New York doesn't work out, Strenchock said she might just pitch a tent in the city and try out for the next season of American Idol. And with Aiken as a friend in the industry, she's sure to succeed, whether she wins Idol or not.

Man, this is the one of the weirdest story about Clay I think I've read. She doesn't seem to be a fan - recognizes from a one-sided phone conversation that it's Nick - happens to have a demo with her - call her out of nowhere to do a duet thing - and even through they don't know her from Adam, she's walks Raleigh. BTW, he's not gay but he's corny - what, did he hit on her and she in her infinite wisdom turn him down? But he's her FRIEND and will make sure she's successful in the business!

I'm holding this story upside down and reading it backward and it still doesn't make sense to me.

Ahh, the Clay Nation has checked it's collective memory:

heh.  The search is your friend. The singer in York, PA was named Jamie. There's only one video of her (back in the days of scarce clack), by Solitaire. Unfortunately, the video cuts off before she starts singing.  But the girl is sure full of hersef:  she gets up on stage and thanks all of the fans for supporting her and letting her be there that night. As if!!!  Clay seems rather bemused.

ETA: from the Clayboard that night:

I am so thrilled to be here - she says. He told her you are not getting a GRAMMY!

She's really taking over the stage. From Northumberland. NOw she is just shouting out different cities to get the audience to scream. She is a student at university. Broadcasting student. She looking for a job right here - Clay says.

Now singing. She missed her cue!!! Clay says - My fault. Sounds good. Crowd going crazy!!

-----

The girl was EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tons of screaming!!

-----

NYMom says she is just taking over the stage.

He just pushed Angela off the stage and put the singer in Angela's place and said "Give this girl a job!"

Ahhh, she's an egomaniac!

LOL Karen I like her. She seems the shy and retiring type to me, by your definition. heeee.

Hotel gym: This is what she heard:

Nick on phone: Come on Clay, you know you have to keep up with your regimen. Now get down here right now for your workout before I call your friend ruben Studdard and tell him you're not working out again.

See?

Also, all musicians carry demos with them 24/7

She was cute and Nick was hot for her and told her, why don't you come over to my place. I'll let you sing for a mob of 10,000 loving claymates nex time.

Just kidding... I think the writer just got a little foot loose and fancy free. Although that Raleigh thing was laughable, unless she was with Nick. Somebody, fast, go check the Nickette forum!

But it's a darn shame that all the clack these days is third hand... except the ducky ... quack quack.

Well, it's not like I have issues with egomania - it's a perfectly legitimate lifestyle!

Just make the story better - eavesdropping on a namedropper is so gauche!

Sounds like there's no need to shuttle this one, huh? The hot air in her large head should launch her into the stratosphere without an need for a spacecraft. [Rimshot - buh duh bum]

Well, I see MTV.com has an article today about Ruben's new album, due in August. It lists collaboraters and producers and includes some extensive comments on his charity work. It's a great little article, and I certainly hope we got something similar soon for Clay. All the silence and resulting speculation is really starting to grate on my nerves. :glare:

HEe! My favorite line in this was the obviously relevant thing about Clay not being gay. Just flowed in the context of things, didn't it? <_<

Oy.

Hey, Clay hugged me at the Ryan Seacrest show two years ago. Does that make him MY friend, too? Does that mean I'm going to 'make it' in the industry?

I'd rather make HIM, thanks. :P

Hee...just got home and read all the hoopla...

I say...good riddance...never wanted to be pure anyway!!!

Actually...I think this is a lucky escape...not a good group to be associated with I think...

My new mantra: Oprah, Diane Sawyer, Meriedith Viera*, Renee Syler, Jimmy Kimmel, Mary Hart, Allison Glock. Clay's got friends in high places, and what a story he'll have to tell when he's ready..... ;)

*Come on, she sniffed and mauled him while she was dressed as a hot dog - she owes Clay big time.

:lol:

Clay lurves me best of all! I like covers - I like original stuff - but this, this man j'adore:

So no complaining, as much as I love your curiosity...

Though I wouldn't have phrased it like that. heh.

AH...what a great way to keep in touch with the fans without actually saying anything new...clever boy.

getting excited about this CD...but it may not be here until fall...I hope he jsut tries some songs out even if its not a full concert so that we can have some new clack....

I loved the blog, and I'm happy with the information he gave us. I have no doubts in the man's talent, and am sure that he will get new fans out of this album.

I really don't "covers" as a death knell. As he said, it will be new stuff to people his age and younger, and, if he does them well (which, again, I have no doubt), he can easily make the older fans forget the original version.

I love him. I love him. I love him.

Yup I am really excited about this CD...

When I think about my favorite clay songs...I realize most of them were the covers he did on AI ...concerts and Demo.

I liked Moam and enjoyed them...but I realize that none of the songs there will ever be pop classics. I really want a CD that will emphasize his vocal talent and put him at par with Groabn, Connick, Buble as premiere male vocalists...I actually think he sings better than Buble...but he has made quite a name for himself there. With Groban he is known for pop opera...Buble and Connick standards...Clay coudl be the classic pop equivalent...

I really can;t wait. I bet he would even so much better than the last time we heard him.

And...after AI5 last night...I really missed Clay...I can;t help but wonder how he would sound singing all those songs...oh except I Have Nothing and The Way We Were...and we know he owns...UM!!!

Man, remind me why I read other boards? Everyone was so supportive yesterday until the blog. Sorry, I'm not ready to accept the supposition that Clive is trying to nail the coffin of Clay's career shut with an album of crappy, sappy covers.

I think this might be the right time for me to bite the bullet and take a bit of a break from the boards. Somebody pm me if anything good happens. <_<

Hee. Actually doing work at Work. What a concept. :P