#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

Oh, Lord...that last pic was my avatar at EAYOR for a long time when I first went there. I can just sit and stare at it...and...get all...

I want to lean close and gently blow that shirt away so that I can slip my tongue....

Whoops! :blink:

I'm gettin' my boards mixed up...

sorry.... :unsure::P

Hee. A baseball player from Texas answers American Idol questions:

Testing the Rangers on a subject in which they claim to have some degree of expertise.

Today's contestant: 2B Ian Kinsler admitted that he's watched American Idol since the first season.

Who was the first season winner and runner-up?

"Kelly Clarkson and the guy with the weird hair." (Correct, except the guy with the weird hair was Justin Guarini)

Can you name the movie Kelly and Justin were in?

"Absolutely not. Don't make these questions too hard." ( From Justin to Kelly)

Which celebrity has their own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

"Paula Abdul. No, wait ... Ryan Seacrest." (Seacrest is correct)

What's the phrase Ryan Seacrest uses to sign off the show?

"Make sure you vote?" (Incorrect. He uses "Seacrest out.")

Who's the most famous person for never making the show because he can't sing?

"William Chung ... I mean William Hung." (Correct)

Who was the winner and runner-up in season two?

"Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken. But Clay Aiken is a bigger deal now." (Correct)

Can you name a song from any album sung by a winner?

"'Jesus, Take the Wheel' by Carrie Underwood." (Correct)

Would you consider trying out for the show?

"Absolutely not. I'm a terrible singer and that would be a horrible decision."

You got that right buddy! And, yeah, I'm scraping for decent news...

Maybe it's time for a 'nana dance party.

:me0:

:manynanas::manynanas::manynanas:

Well, now that I have looked at Bottlecap's emoticon laden post, I think I have a headache :blink: I am sitting around on a beaut-i-ful day trying to avoid work, but it does not look like it is working. :drink: Maybe one more drink.

Just e-mailed with my brother in law who spilled the beans to my sister about my getting her present waves to Fear, don't guys ever take credit for stuff anymore? :em0300:

I need to finish up my taxes before heading off to visit DJS in a couple of weeks and NEED TO BUY CLOTHES! I guess I could buy sweats and a bedazzler or would that be too "Apprentice" like? :(

Oh, well there is a yard to take care of - -Clay content? Well, I just got an old beat up CD for cheap - $1 for CD, $2 for shipping of WTWNN :00000467: would have been easier if I bought it new when it came out, but hey, it is hard to find right now. It is like when I bought that Platinum Billboard magazine as a present, after waiting for it for 8 weeks, they said it was not in stock and they could not sell it and I had to wait 4 more weeks for a refund. I checked last week and they are still selling it. Well, I ordered this CD new from MuchMusic and they charged my card and then canceled the order because - - wait for it - - it was not in stock - they have yet to answer my question of why it was orderable on their site and STILL IS! :bananasign:

And to bring this ridiculous post to an end - does anyone know about Peer Impact? I am through with most of my music reviews, and can't seem to get enough to participate in the contests and earn more points, so I was lookinf for something else.

Ok, it is time to do some more yard work - Whee, time to get rid fo last years leaves!!! Later.

Edited by playbiller

Couch Tomato:

Back For More

Tears Run Dry

Suspiciuos Minds (GMA)

Oprah I will Carry You

Tears Run Dry

Full version Rosanna (SHUT UP)

Good News (SHUT UP AGAIN)

Kyrie

1000 Days

Tears Run Dry

I want to marry the Oprah IWCY, especially the "Home." I could live with it forever, but might occasionally have to do wild things with BFM.

That's a great playlist. Yes, I'm going to copy you.

Last night I found great ways to rev up the Clay love. I watched that IWCY performance, Brianna & Clay in Raleigh, the 'Or State' WDC, the confusion and screaming of the first Kyrie entrance, a series of Happy Togethers with lots of headlocking-nosepinching-micfighting and The Standard interview. Now I'm in overdrive and need an intervention.

bottlecap -

So, does constantly replaying Clay's version of "Where the Streeats Have No Name" count as listening to Irish music

Ha! Ha! (TM You know who.)

Throws bottlecap a Pogues CD. Have fun!

Edited by strummer6

Sorry about the headache inducing banana party, playbiller. I'll give them the day off tomorrow. Hee.

strummer6, I'll poke around and find some Pogues music to listen to.

clay4shore, I've caught myself automatically doing the Rockin' Robin shoulder and hand motion thingy in the store when the song comes on. Oops! The whole '50s section is so much fun to watch and sing along with! I am thinking my personal favorite of the show is the snippet of "Alone" - love the angst that song conveys.

Geez, I keep downloading montages. I guess I should, you know, actually watch some of them at some point. I need to start doing some serious burning and hard disc clean-up, although it doesn't seem like any popping-fresh new Clack is on the horizon at this time. <_<

I like to see where people are hanging out here when I check in. I see Couchie's Hot Boys - Vintage and Current thread is drawing them in. Like moths to a porch light, I tell ya. :P

Clay, see what you make us resort to when you are in hibernation? We talk about old pretend boyfriends and the current AI5 crop. I swear, if you don't at least drop a CD hint soon, I am going to turn all this pent-up frustration into action and start voting my fingers off for that Chicken Little kid, just out of spite. The bottle's been shaken up, and the cap is ready to come shooting off! :ph34r:

Clay4shore Wilkes Barre Invisible is what makes me laugh. It was hiliarious. In fact, I like all the bits where people get upset that he's acting silly and unprofessional. Bring on the silly Clay. I love it.

ETA: It's the AI2 tour Wilkes Barre Invisible... panties were flying and it cracked clay up

strummer6, I checked out the Pogues on my Yahoo music site, and finally remembered I had read an article on them in Entertainment Weekly last month. They seem to have a, um, "colorful" lead singer! I'll stick with U2, I think, thanks! I can only take the whistles and accordians in small doses. :P

I've given up on May, by the way, and am desparately hoping for June. :glare:

Pats poor Bottlecap on the head

You never know, I think something is going on, Clay seems to be working hard, I guess it is just a chess game now. The only thing I don't want to see is Clay and Ruben going head to head. It is not going to generate the same reaction this time, not too many people still care about who won AI anymore. Well, I don't. It helps to point out the true idiots if they say "and he didn't win" and shake their heads - it is so obvious with all that rattling noise.

Edited by playbiller

They seem to have a, um, "colorful" lead singer!

bottlecap, that would be Shane McGowan. I have to admit, I don't know the first thing about him, lifestyle-wise. I do like the Pogues, but not as much as U2. The Pogues are so much more rooted in the Celtic sound.

Couch Tomato -

I also like the Wilkes Invisible. It just brings a big smile to my face. And what the heck was unprofessional about it? Underwear and other stuff was coming at him from all directions. Come on, people. The man has a sense of humor and knows how to use it.

When there's laughter and playing around on stage, I find it really endearing and funny. It's enjoyable for me to watch Clay having a blast. Actually, it's pretty enjoyable for me to watch Clay doing just about anything.

Is it May yet?

When there's laughter and playing around on stage, I find it really endearing and funny. It's enjoyable for me to watch Clay having a blast. Actually, it's pretty enjoyable for me to watch Clay doing just about anything.

Oh boy....I totally agree with this. After I read what you guys wrote about the AI2 Tour I went back last night and watched the Wilkes-Barre Invisible again. I didn't get to see that tour live, but it's so much fun watching Clay and seeing the joy on his face. I can't imagine what he must have been feeling.....have thousands of screamings fans cheering for you....and what about all those panties thrown on stage. Here is a young man who planned on being a teacher. As he has said, his life was all mapped out. Then, along comes AI and legions of women adoring him. It must have been a shock! Of course, I do think he totally loves knowing how we feel about him, even though he may not understand it.

What's really fun is watching old and then new videos of him and seeing the way he has matured and grown as a performer and man. We get so used to how he looks now, but then you realize how baby faced he was during AI! He's definitely become a man......oh what a mighty fine man!

Also.....he's hawt! heehee

my favorite clip is the double platinum presentation from GMA. Clay looks confused standing there, I have no idea what they told him about this last minute appearance, but probably not a lot. It was shortly after the primetime interview and I think he performed on the show a few days earlier. He is smiling, looking pleasant, trying to look casual and they start discussing the album and Clay tries not to grin like and idiot and tries to look modest. Then Diane starts to announce a surprise which causes Clay to wince and when se says it is a person, I swear it looks like he thinks, for a second, this is confrontation television and it might be his biological father, then Diane says "legendary" and I swear there is some releif on his face, then astonshiment, then joy, then he is struck speechless - He is standing there with his mouth open, could have been collecting flies. So many emotions in such a short time, it is quite amazing.

Edited by playbiller

Happy Vernal Equinox, y'all! This is supposed to be an egg standing on end..> 0

I missed out on all the AI2 Tour hoopla. If I wanted to downloaded Clay's parts from a concert or two, which venues would you guys recommend as having good Clack?

I don't know what this banana's name is :nanadance2: . I guess it wishes to remain A 'Nana Moose. Ha!

You have to download the first shirt tug in St Paul with the OMG woman yelling in the background - that is the tug that made some people go to the AI2 tour that were not planning to go. See live clack in it's original seruptitious and piecemeal format, until our clack people became the experts they are today. This is for historical purposes only,

Then there is the TGIM from Texas. The TITN in Raleigh.

I missed out on all the AI2 Tour hoopla.  If I wanted to downloaded Clay's parts from a concert or two, which venues would you guys recommend as having good Clack?

From a totally biased point of view (because it was the one and only AI show I attended), get some stuff from the St. Louis show. I don't have the clips in front of me, but there's an Invisible out there from the show where he looked right into the camera after a shirt tug, with the most incredible smirk on his face. He soooooo knew... Also, get MnM's Air drums clip from that show -- it's a great clip, because the focus wasn't technically on him (it's shot during the section where they are introducing the band), but he's so adorable just being Clay during it.

You are me. I know some Clay fans have been upset at particular instances where it MAY have gone too far *coughWolfTrapcough*, but I love it when Clay is having a good time. That joy, no matter what he is doing, is infectious, and I love catching his bug. :D

What's really fun is watching old and then new videos of him and seeing the way he has matured and grown as a performer and man. We get so used to how he looks now, but then you realize how baby faced he was during AI! He's definitely become a man......oh what a mighty fine man!

It floors me every time I see pictures of him during the AI period and compare them to what we've got today. The perfect example was last week when the outtakes of the TV Guide shoot came out, followed immediately by the HQ page 50 rejects. I had whiplash for two days afterward.

playbiller, the GMA Double Platinum ceremony is one of my most favorite clips as well. I think this was one of the few documented times when Clay was speechless! I also distinctly remember him looking heavenward at some point in the presentation. At the time, the speculation was he was thinking about his Dad. Now...who knows? He may have just been thanking God in his own way.

ETA: ooooooh, playbiller suggested some GOOOOOOD clips too! Now I'm going to have to dig these out and watch again...

Edited by ldyjocelyn

Glad you were amused, muskifest. I thought about re-wording that sentence after I wrote it. since I'm all :7: , but I decided to just leave it. What else have we got to do besides talk about old Clack and smut? B)

Thanks for the AI2 Tour recommendations. Looking at the files on All Things Clay Aiken, I see they are mostly pretty small, so maybe I'll download a couple of venues worth.

Oh, just for reference purposes and all, spot's Holy Grail picture was from what venue? ;)

Oh my, Spot was all over the Ai2 tour. I met her when she drove up from Wahsington in the car she rented in Pitttsburgh when she flew in to there and she was driving on to Nassau from there. She was the person who always ssemed to upgrade on the last day. Best to look at the date she posted it at the CH.

So Bottlecap, are you on dial up or just having full hard drive issues?

Edited by playbiller

So Bottlecap, are you on dial up or just having full hard drive issues?

Nah, I have DSL and a burner on my laptop at home. I just want to get a better feel for the AI2 Tour without putting a lot of effort into downloading stuff that was less than prime, 'cause I'm getting lazy in this drought. I have a gap in my Clack (Yikes, that sounds painful, doesn't it? :unsure: ), and it seems like this is a good time to do a little filling in and DVD burning.

If and when the new flow of Clack starts to hit, I'll have to dump the AI2 episodes that are hogging up a huge amount of space on my hard drive. Doesn't seem like that's going to be an issue anytime soon, though. Clay, dude, blog with some CD news already, dagnabit!

I missed out on the AI2 Tour as well, but I do have a few favorite clips. For some reason, I love Pitt Ovation, Pitt Invisible, and Pitt TITN which includes Kim's intro. I don't know if it's where the videographers were sitting, but the crowd noise is amazing.

After Invisible, they just kept screaming and screaming. He was trying to talk and at one point he, he almost gives up. He's smiling, shaking his head, blushing, and looking astounded all at the same time.

During his TITN intro the place just blows apart and the energy never lets up. It's kind of Beatle-esque in that the crowd is almost louder than the song. It's good video too -- they were far up so they go between the jumbotron, the stage and the crowd. He looks gorgeous and the crowd shots are amazing.

The Flyers jersey was really hot on him. And I hates the Flyers. As a Caps fan anything Flyers is supposed to be choke-worthy.

The first OMG Invisible is a must. The video that launched many a sleepless night. It seems to be the light bulb moment that was "Look what we can do!" for the Internet fan base. I literally read hundreds of posts over the years about how it was that video that had people going to the tour, buying cameras, booking airplane tickets and turning them from a supporter on his AI season into all round fangirls. Pretty amazing for something that's only two minute and thirteen seconds long.

I'll always regret being slow to the gate for the AI2 concert. By the time I checked for tickets to the San Jose show, they were sold out...of course, I was such a concert virgin at the time that I took that as their 'final answer'...I know better now.

But I do remember that, although I loved Clay by then and had definitely been twitterpated by him by then, I wasn't particularly"OUTTHERE" with my love and obse....hobby. I wish I had been able to be there for that first wash of feeling that is "Clay love"

Now it's a basic food group. :blink:

It's Tuesday - shouldn't Clay blog?

O/T I was tooling around tower records and decided to do a search that usually gets me nothing new, since this person stopped recording years ago, except one CD that I did not hear of until it was out of print andthey have for sale for $50. Anyway - I went to a concert, oh, about 40 years ago When I wasn't even born, imagine that! and it was not the show I was expecting, I went to see Chad Mitchell trio and it turned out that Chad Mitchell left them and this was a solo tour. I was pretty mad until he came out and I fell for him madly - your Clay love has nothing on what I felt at that time - Oh, if there were only an Internet at that time, heck, there were barely computers. What I would have done. So I ran right out and bought his album, loved, loved, loved this album. It was a record of course, and my later to be husband loved it to, it was a well played and quite scratched record. Well, his career tanked and the record became less and less playable, could not even make a tape of it for the pops and skips. I used to take the album out from time to time and look at the picture and hear the songs in my mind. Of course, since his career tanked when he was jailed in Texas for transporting pot (I think for 20 years) at a time when most people would know that was the one state you absolutely did not want to be arrested in unless you were wealthy and then it wouldn't matter. So the record was out of print and irreplaceable.

But then.... I was looking in Tower and they actually had copied this to CD -eeeeeee. I could not find the songs in Kazaa 2 years ago, I did not think I would ever hear it again. It came today and sigh it is just as good as I remembered it. It just brings tears to my eyes, I love this album so. AI, pffft, how could I listen to those voices when I have THIS?

It will be nice to have an album by Clay soon, but for now, I have my rediscovered beauty.

love-smiley-075.giflove-smiley-031.gif

ETA to add this other emoticon.

Edited by playbiller

playbiller I don't know you and I've never heard of this Chad guy, but for some reason I got a little teary eyed reading your post..... :blink: What a great find for you! So...forty years from now (not that I'll be around to check it out... <_< )...maybe somebody will find a copy of MOAM and gush like this, all happy cuz her copy wore out long before and it had been out of production for ages??

:D

I love Tuesday nights! I'm sitting at my fave coffee shop with my laptop and latte and FREE INTERNET ACCESS...just cruising the boards and writing my story....while my daughter is in her gymnastics class. This is MY time.... :wub: just me...ME!

Did I say that I love Tuesdays? B)