#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

Yeah, I figure it's tucked into the right side of his pants, making him tilt in that direction due to the weight of the thing.

His big, bulging..... wallet.

Wait, did you think I meant something else? B)

======================

In my earlier post, I was just referring to the myspace picture from The Insider employee that was posted a couple of times already, so I didn't originally post it again.... It's from last week... Didn't mean to start a panic, as I know we are already on the edge around here. :blink: Hee.

th_Insiderpic.jpg

Looks like a darkish blue/grey suit, with a black shirt and tie to me.

Edited by bottlecap

Clay always looks nice in black, it must be that ghostly white skin of his does not get a chance to turn sallow as when he wears browns. OMG! Clay must be a winter and I am a winter - another conn.ect.ion!!!!!!

ETA - well, used to have a connection, being at the beach so much and walkint the dog during the day has actually allowed me to become tan under all that 45 SPF that I wear.

Edited by playbiller

Oh, Lord! You mean he's gonna be wearing his updated "Hometown Connection" jacket to sing for us on the Insider? :blink:

I don't want a tie. I want an open shirt collar like in the promo pictures. I want to see bling around his neck and inviting chest hairs. I want stubble, damn it. I don't want neat and tidy, shirt and tie, corporate nice boy Clay to sing to me, damn it. I want...

Right. :glare: Like I'm gonna complain at any time when Clay is singing to me.

Well, still..you know in this Sunday's "Parade" magazine...there is an ad for some tv special on CBS called "Fashion Rocks" Friday, 9 pm Eastern time. IT reads "Fashion and music collide ona star-studded night of style and sound"

"Curated by Elton John"

Performances by: Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi, Daddy Yankee, Jamie Foxx, Nelly Furtado, Faith Hill, Ja-Z, Tim McGraw, The Pussycat Dolls, Rihanna, Scissor Sisters, Kanye West."

And I of course thought how cool it would be if Clay were among them. Even without really knowing what it was all about, you understand. Here's the website www.fashionrocks06.com...think I'll go investigate.

Another find (from this radio station website) by RainLover at the CH:

RadioClay.jpg Black open-necked shirt, jewelry and no visible t-shirt. Happy now muski?

And this picture of James Blunt from the same site makes me laugh... Clay's older British cousin? Hee.

JamesBlunt.jpg

I was just bringing that picture of Clay over! :lol:

Wow, there really is a resemblance between that picture of Clay and that picture of James Blunt. Weird.

This picture of Clay is kind of cute. Not hot like Library Boy, but kind of cute. I think the thing I like about it is the smirk on his face. He looks like he is trying so hard to suppress a giggle. He has sort of a twinkle in his eye. I think its the first picture we have seen from this shoot where you can see Clay's personality coming through - just a little.

In that picture, Clay looks like the hawt senior high school guy who's all intense and emo and into obscure Japanese anime, who loves to debate with the teachers, and who's planning to take a year off before college to travel around Europe.

It's a good thing that he's actually legal or I'd feel a little bad about swooning over him. B)

I swear, I think that everybody is on the bandwagon to just KILL me today. First Bottle this morning before going to work. NOW, how in the world did she expect me to go to work this morning with all of that in my little bitty brain (cells are dying steadily as we speak), and now tonight. HE IS SO FREAKIN CUTE. How can HAIR go from all sexy and OHH MY GAWD to jail bait in 8 hours. I love all the pictures today that have been brought over from different places. It is amazing to me that HAIR has the ability to do that (transition) plus I JUST LURVE the smirk on the jail bait picture.

Thank you Bottle, Muski and all who were involved in my demolition today.

G :wein: :trink3: :trink4::roundel: :704: :schwirr:

:00003653: :04: :2164: :fest09: :partygirl:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KANDRE.

g

Edited by georgiaclay

I know!!!! Finding these little unexpected presents everyday is making the lead up to the CD feel like a big mashup of Hanukah and Christmas: Multiple nights of small gifts (snippets, pictures, blurbs, appearances), followed by the BIG ONE on Christmas (The CD Drop :04: ).

And then a week later, we get to celebrate New Years (1st week sales and KIMMEL :fest09: ).

=============================================================

BTW, I found the perfect shirt for you Kimmel attendees. Very understated, yet very ClayNation. ;)

product_main_g_pants.jpg

Some Great reviews were posted at the CH:

Top40.About.com

Clay Aiken: Without You - Review of Clay Aiken's single "Without You"

The Bottom Line - 4 stars out of 5

Simply said, Clay Aiken's "Without You" is a triumphant return. While it would be easy to think that Harry Nilsson and Mariah Carey had wrung all the possibilities from this pop chestnut, there are some fine elements here and a bravura vocal performance.

Head over to Clay Aiken's official site to hear "Without You."

Pros

The beauty and clarity of Clay Aiken's voice

Very nicely propulsive instrumental arrangement

The emotion is restored to this classic song

Cons

Please, enunciate - We can do without "Without 'ooo"

Description

Simple piano-focused intro

Instantly recognizable vocals

Impeccable pop arrangement with welcome percussive elements missing in previous arrangements

Guide Review - Clay Aiken - Without You

If you are unfamiliar with the song "Without You," you have not been listening to pop radio for the past 35 years. The song, written by Badfinger's Pete Ham and Tom Evans, first appeared as a Badfinger album cut on No Dice released in 1970. Idiosyncratic pop singer Harry Nilsson released a version of the song in 1971 featuring the signature piano intro that would be the standard for future recordings of "Without You." The song became a #1 hit for Nilsson and the biggest pop hit of his career. Mariah Carey took the song back into the pop charts in 1994 with a surprisingly plastic sounding interpretation.

Clay Aiken has chosen the instantly familiar tune as the lead-in for his first proper studio album in 3 years. I count myself as one of the skeptics when I first heard this would be the opening single, but "Without You" is a good choice and will tremendously please his many devoted fans while quite possibly gaining a few new converts.

The pure beauty in Aiken's voice is abundantly showcased here, and the arrangement gives a contemporary twist on the song. The mix is pleasantly propulsive and percussive which will sound great on pop radio. Mainstream pop radio should give this track a chance. It's popularity may surprise more than a few radio programmers.

and...

Clay Aiken - A Thousand Different Ways

(Island Preview - First Reaction) from Shipwreck Island Studios.com

I was privileged to listen to Clay's album today and I have to say he's got a winner on his hands. I was a bit put off by the idea of another covers album but he's pulled it off nicely. A classic track such as Bryan Adams "Everything I Do" which I felt couldn't be redone properly is completely retooled and sounds amazing. I'd say the best reinvented track has to be the Celine Dion song "Because You Love Me." I didn't care for the original version but Clay sped up the song and added his own flavor to it making it his own. Now when I first heard about this disc the one song that stood out to me was the Bad English song "When I See You Smile." I read some pretty harsh comments from some fans that in a nutshell said that Clay couldn't pull off this classic track. While it's not quite was redone as other songs, Clay's vocals fit perfectly and with a violin backing really allows the song to breath a bit more. To me Clay pulled this track off with no issues at all.

Honestly, I'm shocked over how good this disc turned out. 17 days to go until it's release but I'll have an album review up before it's release. Everyone is in for a real treat with this release.

Those reviews were great to read, Ansa. Looks like it's time to start a new news thread, eh? We haven't had one since last November, but there should be plenty of stuff coming up.

I've got my download folder for "September 2006 TV" all set-up, and can't wait to start filling it up.

HAPPY LABOR DAY!

fireworks4.giffireworks4.gif

You keep your appearances by date? I tend to keep it in the order of the vault. I was thinking I need to start keeping a searchable summary file so I can actually find things, but last year organizing was fun because I found all those old clips that a lot of people lost like the pre-idol interview in 2002 from the defunct Clay Media. I needed to get things off my hard drive before it crashed, I could barely turn my coputer on because my hard drive was 95%. * think I need to get one of those 500G drives now, there is going to be a lot of Clack!!!!.

playbiller My poor little laptop is creaking and moaning, too. I have about 8 GBs free...and I'm dying cuz I bought a 300 gb hard drive, put it in an enclosure and unloaded a bunch of stuff back in February.

But something happened and now neither my laptop nor my desktop recognize the external! All that stuff is gone. Gone. It was all CLACk...I haven't had the oompf yet to start all over. :(

I have to say that youtube has pretty much changed my outlook on downloading and storing Clack. If I want to see footage from one of the Kimmel shows, for example, it's easier to go there and find it than it is to sort through my burned DVDs. I'm going to try not to keep too much on my hard drive anymore - just my very favorite montages, appearances, and stuff I really need, like a "Best of" version of each of the tour videos. I want to cultivate a "Watch and Burn" mentality, although I still have a folder full of May stuff from the AI5 appearance that I really should do something with. (Yeah, playbiller, my intent is to burn a CD for each month - I'm not organized enough to do things by show, or whatnot)

Too much Clack - what a problem to have... ;)

HOLEE MOLEEE!!!!!

If you have a weak heart, close your eyes and scroll now.

SantaMonica1.jpg

SantaMonica2.jpg

SantaMonica3.jpg

Santamonica4.jpg

Stubble, open-necked black shirt (no t-shirt), jewelry, three rings, and some classic Converse sneaks.

Go to this thread at the Clackhouse - there are twenty shots - labeled "Musician Clay Aiken poses for a portrait in Santa Monica, Calif. on Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2006. (AP Photo/Matt Sayles)"

Bottle,

I looked, I tried not to, but I looked.

After chasing the CAT this morning at 5:00 a.m. (got out the door, and very long story) and spending the day at the dog tracks (I know, I am going to HELL) LOL, I come home tired, HOT and ready for Jerry Lewis to be over with. I know it is sappy, but he just makes be weep at the end.

Anyway, so I come home, read the great reviews and the assorted statements about downloading and I thought, heck, it is safe to go back into the water, you HIT!!!!!

I am on the floor, going into a Clay induced coma, am going to have very HAWT dreams tonight I do believe. LOL.

God GAWD, that man is so HAWT and that is DEFINITELY NOT jail bait Clay, that is man tackling, ___________ ____________ Clay. Ya'll fill in the blanks (LOL) again.

I don't think that I am going to out live this CD release, if pictures like those keep showing up when you least expect it.

A vulgar friend once told me that Clay makes your tongue hard. Told it was vulgar, but I could not help but think of that once again.

As Off to listen to Without You one more time!!!!!

G

:P:P :04: :partytime: :704: :schwirr:

OMG...do you guys know how hard it is to look at those pictures while surrounded by your preteen daughters...

Its not easy keeping the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs in.

sigh...love that hair...and did you guys notice the pecs...and no undershirt...sigh

bottle...I will add the news thread, I would appreciate it if everyone would post relevant news they come across there...thanks.