#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

Oh dear heaven, Oh Lord, Sweet Jesus, where is Buddha when you need him.

After first seeing the picture from OFC (sweater picture) my reaction was oh dear Heaven.

Then seeing the following it went from Oh Lord to where the hell is the Haldol/Demerol/Tranxene/Thorazine/any xene that I will need after watching the Insider tomorrow. Just the promo had me thudding all over the freakin place.

I LURVE me some HAIR, and he speaks too.

G

:dancingpickle::bounce: :trink3: :704: :schwirr: :voll:

I will need booze, lotsa, lotsa booze tomorrow night.

EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! for seeing Clay on my very own TV and hearing THE HAIR tell me "I've never done this for anyone before!" Yeah, you heartbreaker. :wub: I bet you say that to all the girls.......

Is it a problem if I just run around in a circle and squeal for a bit? georgiaclay, do those padded rooms of yours have good TV reception and fast internet connections? :00000442:

=======================

Clay, de-vested (divested?), via of Penny at the Clackhouse, through the magic of photoshop.

claynovest.png

Ansa,

Yes, I made sure they all had plasma TV's and wireless internet in every room. So all you need will be your pj's and of course the little white coats that will be offered on check in. They may have to call in extra security after tomorrow's Insider.

I think I am in the process of EEEEEEEEEEEEEEing all over the place.

Love ya'll all.

g

Edited by georgiaclay

So all you need will be your pj's

pj's, my ass.

I'm gonna watch Clay on my teevee...naked! :P

Sorry, but that picture ain't my cuppa. He looks too fey...(not FAYE, you understand)...too emo...too greasy and this particular eyef*ck doesn't do it for me...too studied and posed. This just ain't for me.

Now that Best Buy fan pack pic of Mr. Aiken in the blue shirt?

Holy crap. THAT is my kinda hunka man. B)

I just had to pay the vet over $600 for my dog to get some long overdue attention---general check up, had seven teeth extracted (with accompanying anesthesia, post-operative care, etc), nails clipped, extensive blood tests, wound treatment (broken off nail really far back), antibiotics, benign skin tag removed from chest, etc.

holyshit.

Ok let me see if i get this straight...

Amazaon - 1 album

sony - 1 album (already paid for, damnit) cute little magnet

cd release party - 2 albums

Kmart - 1 album for the download

stumble home from cd release party about 1 am...

go to work at 8 am...at lunch run to bestbuy to get fan club pak on lunch break

download without you on itunes

swing by Kmart on the way home

Open up Amazon and sony package waiting for me....

am I missing anything?

i'll have one week rest before I start stalking the walmart that is approximately a 3 minute drive from my work place. Lunches are going to be fun.

Love all the new pictures..happy to see the fugly vest... clay without the fugly is just not clay...happy to hear the hair talk and it sounds just like some guy I used to know with spikes.

big hug to Muski

Thanks for the hug, couchie...sure need it. :blink:

Course, a brew would do me good, too. :P

I ordered 3 CDs from Amazon---to get free shipping, dontchaknow...

And one from Sony (or was it two?)---to get cute little magnet, dontchaknow...

Told the release party gang I'd buy two then---to support the store that's hosting the party, dontchaknow..

crap...that's seven.

Clay told me to buy eight.

Ok.

I'll get one at Best Buy to get that hawt blue-shirt picture on the Fan Pack thingy...

Oh...hell. I'll get another one at WalMart to get the poster if they're using a poster to lure me there at mylocal WalMart. That's nine. Clay owes me one. A big one, too. A really big one, unless my eyes deceive me.

what.

Don't look at me like that. If I can drop $600 on our dog in two days, I sure WILL find the $ to buy a few CDs, dontchaknow...

Oh...hell. I'll get another one at WalMart to get the poster if they're using a poster to lure me there at mylocal WalMart.

Wha?! I missed that there would be a poster dealie at WalMart? Somebody 'splain that to me.

Add to the TO DO List:

1. Call bank about raising the limit on my credit card. Clack calls.

2. Explain to boss that I am only coming into the office in September for the ultra hugh-speed internet access, and that I won't actually be doing any work.

3. Map out the most efficient route to get to KMart, WalMart, and Best Buy right after watching GMA on the 19th.

4. Practice squinting at the Kimmel audience and mumbling to self: "Is that Couchie?" "OMG, is that muskifest getting carted out by Uncle Frank?"

bottlecap, about the WalMart posters -- from the CH:

from giftoflove4clay at the CB: link

Quote:

A Very funny Best Buy story, a giggle for you, but cool

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called the Best Buy at the Galleria near me and asked the Guy in music how many CD's they are getting in and fan packages. When he said 11, I said you HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, that's all? He laughed and said there was a note added under that that the vendor sent a note they are rushing in 150 more fan packages and they had coming in 75 CD's but also an added note that was put in the computer TODAY, emergency shipment of 150 more CD's coming in on 20th. LOL He wouldn't let me reserve, he said no reserves on Clay's fan packs to be there when they open at 10:00 AM and I would be sure to get one but he said his boss said, no reserves on the Clay Aiken CD's as some were already sold (meaning promised for a small Clay fan gathering and they are meeting the manager at midnight to get their copies, he is opening the store just for them to come in and get them, but there is an order that the fan packs can't be sold until they open on the 19th at 10:00 UNLESS their emergency shipment comes in before the 20th. I cracked up. He said all their TV's showed on CNN Clay's Presidential appointment and everyone at the store was talking about it and his manager said yeah, I'm going to see him at West Point, LOL LOL. I said see you there!

He said WHAT is going on with Clay Aiken, Best Buy is rushing around like crazy stocking up, LOL LOL LOL I replied, they SHOULD, they have a nice ad of their LOGO on the main page as of today of their store on Clay's fanclub website main page and how many members would see it today. When I told him how many hits Clay's blog gets he was shocked. I also told him that Tower Records and Virgin Megastores got most of the parties but I believe many Best Buys are getting them too. And I said Best Buy KNOWS they will get the business now because they will be the only ones carrying the fan club pack. He said and I quote "Justin T (you know who) won't know what hit him the week Clay's CD comes out, LOL

I just love this experience I just had on the phone, I am grinning ear to ear. The buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is buzzzzzzzzing

EVERYONE is talking about Clay! I "think" shock and awe is beginning here? LOL

I then called Wallmart Megastore and they are getting in, get this 250 of Clay's CD week one and another shipment week 2. And they know Best Buy got the "gig" for the fanclub packs, so what they are doing is getting in a ton of extra posters as promotional items when you buy your CD at this particular Walmart, so I guess I stop there too, it is right next to Best Buy, my poor poor pocketbook. I will be poor now.

So, that makes one CD ordered from Amazon; one from Sony to get the magnet; two from the WalMart for the CD Release party (maybe they'll have the posters?!?!?!); possibly one from KMart to get the possible digital download; and one from Best Buy to pick up the fanclub pack. Wonder when Target and Circuit City will get their acts in gear?

bottle, your TO DO list is right on! I'm grateful I'm off on Sept. 19, albeit sleep deprived (the CD party for me is an hour and a half away from home). I've also got a doctor's appointment that day. Should be interesting.

muski, I can sorta see the fey in that picture...but I think that's why I like it so much. In a way, it's him thumbing his nose at the critics for his looks. I think he looks lethal in it.

But then I'm easy (not cheap) regarding Clay Aiken, and like almost every single look he's ever had. He makes me swoon.

From CB:

Quote:

Christmas Show in Baltimore on 12/6/06 on Ticketmaster

I just happened to check Ticketmaster for Clay and maybe I'm seeing things, but it looks like he'll be performing in Baltimore on 12/6.

another date for you East Coasters! ;)

And now I'm finally going home from work.

hah! work. right. :glare: :unsure::lol:

The Insider Online:

"I can't live, if living is without you," sings CLAY AIKEN on the first single off his highly-anticipated album A Thousand Different Ways. For millions of Clay-mates, the sentiment is most definitely mutual -- and one that will be safely satisfied when the new disc hits stores on September 19.

Featuring 10 cover songs from the "Idol" runner-up, plus four new tunes, Clay's latest collection has one driving theme behind it. L'amour!

Some of the hit singles the cute crooner has re-recorded are BRYAN ADAMS' "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)," ELTON JOHN's "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word," CELINE DION's "Because You Loved Me," BAD ENGLISH's "When I See You Smile" and the aforementioned "Without You," made famous by HARRY NILSSON, which Clay performed exclusively for us during a recent visit to the "Insider" studio.

"We're excited about it," Clays tells our LARA SPENCER about A Thousand Different Ways. "It's been a year in the making and it's something kind of different. It's songs that I really love, songs that I've loved for years and years, and most people love, so it should be really good."

And while Clay says he would like to take credit for the idea of laying down these popular tracks, he admits that it was the brainchild of legendary music producer CLIVE DAVIS, the president of Clay's label, RCA Records.

"He wanted to do songs that everybody knew, that people recognized and things that, hopefully, I can do well," says Clay.

As for the funky new hairdo that he first showed off during last seaon's "American Idol" finale, "We just wanted to change things up a bit," says Clay. "It's been three years since we had a studio album and the spiky thing is hard to do with the flat iron, so we decided to try something a little bit different."

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! for THE HAIR singing about how it can't live without mmeeeeee tonight!

WY_Insider.jpg

:laola0: :laola0:

Tsk, tsk, bottle...it was CLEARLY indicated that it is FUNKY hair, and therefore cannot live without MOI!

See, I'm reasonable unlike all you people - I'm just buying 2 at the Houston party on the 19th, one at Kmart, one at Walmart, one at Best Buy, and then one on the 26th for Kimmel. And one of the Singapore ones. And any other extra cute ones. And an extra Kimmel one in case of natural diaster.

See? Reasonable. And georgiaclay, make sure my room has the HD plasma with the 7.1 surrounding sound.

tosses a beer at muski and makes an LIT for herself...

Not to suggest I disagree with the World Dominatrix or whatnot, but since I live farther east and so get The Insider at an earlier hour, I will maintain that, because Clay and THE HAIR will be singing to me first, it is in fact ME that he can't live without. Since I am feeling benevolent, I will be willing to let Clay sing to you (but about me, remember) a little later in the evening. ;)

What, no itunes on your purchase list? Tsk, tsk, tsk.......

Clay's myspace page has a terrific write-up that includes some of his commentary on ATDW, and also a summary of of charity work. Just be prepared to squint a bit at the small type and the perplexing lack of apostrophes and quotation marks.

A couple of paragraphs for the much-longer write-up. I added the quotation marks, because it was bugging me.

The new songs also give Aiken the opportunity to show off his emotional growth, with each track highlighting a different facet of his personality. Everything I Have (written by Jeremy Bose) brings to mind the poignancy of an Art Garfunkel performance. The songs subtle piano and string arrangement allows Aiken's naked voice to express the delicious ache of love. "Every woman I have played that for absolutely loves it", says the singer. "I have people telling me they want to play it at their wedding". A Thousand Days (written by Christian Leuzzi, Aldo Nova & Emanual Olsson) and These Open Arms (written by Jon Bon Jovi & Desmond Childs) are both classic Aiken, with big dramatic vocals and rousing, take-no-prisoners choruses. The fourth new track Lonely No More has a lighter, more playful pop sensibilityand the song also represents Aikens first songwriting credit (along with writers Andreas Carlson, Samuel Waermo, and Mimmi Waermo.)

Perhaps the most astonishing artistic departure for Aiken was the decision to cover the Mr. Mister hit Broken Wings as an ethereal, New Age-like track. With an otherworldly spoken word vocal by poet Erin Taylor, the song is a spectacular tour-de-force. "We didnt know if it would work. We took a chance, and I'm so happy with how it came out."

I wonder if Fred Bronson of Billboard wrote this. I also wonder why this kind of publicity is only now getting out there, a week and a half before the album is released.

deep breath....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

RCA Pics!

OK, I still see nothing wrong with releasing good stuff a whole week and a half before the album drop...you know old people like moi can't remember crap that long! heh.

And honestly, if that MySpace thing was written for anyone else but Clay, my eyes would be rolling so far back in my head you would be able to see the optic nerve - but it's Clay and therefore somewhat understated.

I am seriously getting frickin' IMPATIENT for the CD - if they had started this a month ago, I would be ready to KILL somebody at this point...and I have a list.

Humpf, some of us were photobucketing instead of just linking:

Dead, I tell you. Somebody warn muskifest about the open collar.

RCA2.jpg

This one is just plain silly. :P

RCA3.jpg

You can get the ginormous, hi-res versions from the RCA link KAndre included in her post.

Hee. I go back to work on Monday - it's going to seriously cut into my sittin' around and surfing constantly time. Not to mention no access to photobucket or myspace from work. Pppttthhh to that.

I think I like the Library Look Down picture even better than the orginial Library Lean picture.

th_RCA2.jpg th_RCA-RECORDS-CLAY-AIKEN.jpg

"The Clay Nation doesn't really believe they're titanium, do they? That'd be.... uncomfortable."

Insider908.jpg

Just watched the reappearance of Classic Clay on The Insider. I think he hit all the highlights: He sang his heart out, he looked hot but pretended he didn't, he made faces, he giggled, he bit his lip, he bobbed his head and said "Thank You", he signed autographs, he got his hair fussed with (I saw sideburns! EEEE!), and he hugged the blonde anchor chick.

[somewhere in New York, Diane Sawyer is watching this and screaming "I saw him first, so step off biaytch!!! I will pull that peroxided hair right out of your nasty little scalp if you don't get your paws offa my man!" Mike Nichols is just rolling his eyes, since he's heard it all before. He knows Diane will be almost impossible to live with until Clay is back on GMA again.]

=========================

ETA: Here is a link to download The Insider appearance. There are also links to a couple of very brief promo's of the piece.

Edited by bottlecap

Where is everybody at. Has everyone crawled into their holes to watch the video again and again and again. I watched it twice since being home this evening. Got home at 10 p.m. It was very interesting indeed. Love the HAIR and his voice is still as magnificant. I am also SO HAPPY that I heard a giggle, lip bite and a THANK you. I don't think he has changed at all, just his appearance and THE FACT THAT HE KNOWS HE HAS THE WOMEN now.

That BOY/MAN has so much going for him right now that I am afraid that the other shoe is going to drop. Just shut up G (see now I am talking to myself, sure sign that I need that padded room; just as long as it has a plasma TV and a remote control for the DVR).

I am so happy for him as he looked very happy indeed, and again, I think as I said before earlier in this post, he has a lot of confidence about him now or he is a very very good actor.

See ya'll tomorrow. May.be.

G

:party038: :04: :laola0:

I bow to the master of the VOICE.

Uh, make that WAS drinking beer, couchie! Now I'm on my second glass of wine. B) Ah, yes...the open collared, unbuttoned (a lot!) shirt picture in which one, if one were so inclined and technologically equipped (hee! I said 'equipped'!), could make even higher resolutioned (make that 3rd glass) so that one could lick...er..count the chest hairs uno by uno. :blink:

However, it is THIS picture that has me by the short hairs...

th_GAH_Page0001_1.jpg

GAH! I mean, what part of this picture is NOT perfect? (yeah, the bangs are a little greasy, but I can just close my eyes when they're hanging down over my face as he... :unsure: ...man, I'm definitely gonna have to work THIS pic into my current "pictorial pleasure piece" narrative*

This one ain't bad, either---but it had to be treated this way for me to like it...

th_eyespy3-1.jpg

*available now in smutty sites such as EAYOR and CV Reading Room :ph34r:

Edited by muskifest

However, it is THIS picture that has me by the short hairs...

th_GAH_Page0001_1.jpg

Um, the Fan Club picture. Beautiful face, great shoulders in a hawt blue shirt (dead, I tell you. I don't even know how I'm managing to type), and then there's the hair.....

I'm afraid it would take a couple of bottles of wine to make me like it. It's very helmety and stiff and the bangs look plastered to his forehead. Eeeepppps! :ph34r:

Cough. Wheeze.

Anyway, I am loking forward to reading the reports from tonight's Star Search thingie. I hope we get some sort of Clack.

Morning ladies,

Still in hiding or do ya'll actually have a life?? LOL. I just got back from the Saturday run to the scrapbooking store (more stickers). I am a sucker for HAIR and stickers. Can the two be combined I wonder???? I will have to investigate.

Back to the topic at hand. I really love the NuHair look, but the best that I think I have seen it was last night on the Insider. It had a reddish brown to it and it was not heavy with product. They need to keep the person who did his hair on staff, because it looked wonderful. So bouncy, just makes you want to run your hands through it, tuck it out of HAIRS eyes, run you fingers down the side of his cheek down his neck line. Oh HELL!!!! I'm dead. Just dead. It was so NICE :) And to think that I am a **cough, cough** 40ish year old woman. I want to ........ fill free to fill in the blanks.

Take care everyone. I will now be six feet under with my toes pointed straight up in the hair. Check ya'll out later gators.

Go DAWGS......

:dan1: :ura: :trink3: :704: :schwirr: :bier: :voll:

Yikes ...I have a house full of preteen girls!!!

My daughter had a slumber party last night. It was her brithday and I was kept busy with party preparations. Theya re still her but are now full and quietly watching movies so I can take time to say this...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wow those are such gorgeous pix.... my favorite is fanpack clay, followed by looking down library boy, then all that Jazz Clay.

It was nice seeing Clay again but I like longer bangs on him. It was also frustrating to hear the song cut up that way. But he is still gigly and dorky Clay...was there ever any doubt.

BTW...if you guys are looking for a plce to host your pix you can put it up in gallery.

I think there are more to die for pix coming up.