#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

Yes, I am streaming WRAL since someone said they would be reporting on Clay's appointment.

Fear and I are petting our orchestra pit tickets to West Point. Not good enough for the true Clack gatherers, but closest I will have been until I hve my second row tickets for the next day.

Ifeel like I am involved in the battle of the back boards - I hate to see them so negative, but theya re depressing me. Time to buy that dog food and pack up to go.

playbiller, yeah for your tickets! So how many Christmas concerts will you be going to - at least a couple? I am already looking forward to reading the recaps from you and FearofH2O.

Whew - I had to take a minute there when I thought about THE HAIR wearing the long black jacket that always seems to come out at Christmas time....clay_xmasSpin.gif

JNTJump.jpg

================================

I was streaming WRAL, but of course it cut out and I missed seeing the actual news piece on Clay's presidential appointment. <_< Awwwoo Hoooo anyway!

Bottle and gang,

I have yet to come off the high from the weekend (talking about Monday) and those studio pictures. And then comes the news today out of Washington. I am so excited for HAIR and his minions (especially the littlest angels), the children with disabilities.

I predict that he will work wonders (or at least as well as the legislature (SP??) will let him). I know it is just a committe, but you can be amazed at what committee's like these can get accomplished.

As for the dark long (beautiful) coat that comes out at Christmas time (I believe, no! I know that is my favorite of all time) will look so ding dang beautiful on HAIR, that those pictures will just put the nails in the coffin. Can you also imagine NUHAIR wearing the turtleneck that he wore to the World Series game with the do that he is sporting today??? (okay, getting off the floor).

Have I said it today??? That is just lurve that man.

Welcome back home Dominitrix to the world. Hope your travels were good. Glad to have you back, safe and in one piece again. Just in time to enjoy the festivities going on around here.

G

Time for more dancing nana's

:manynanas::nanaonacid::dancingnana::nanadance3::nanalove: Celebration nana's.

Here is a link from ClackUnlimited to download the news story from WRAL about Clay's committee appointment.

There is a short blurb about the news in USA Today's Idol Chatter blog:

Clay appointed to presidential commission

President Bush continues to closely ally his administration with American Idols. After meeting with the current crop this summer, he has now appointed Clay Aiken to the President's Committee for People With Intellectual Disabilities, according to a White House release.

Clay has devoted considerable charitable efforts to this cause, so it's not a random celebrity appointment. Interesting ...

OOOOOH! The image of Clay in the long black jacket of GAH! with the hair and stubble and the shirt opened at the neck...bling and chest hair...the long black jackt of GAH!

OH.MY.GOD! :blink: Kill me now. GAH.

Speaking of images, I got this one thinking about the committee Clay will be a part of...

I read more about the committee---how it started, what it does, how it works. And it looks as though the majority of the meetings (4 per year) are held via conference call. Ooooh. I like the visuals.....

just-rolled-out-of-bed Clay, tousled hair, stubble, tee shirt stretched at the neckline with pokey chest hairs peeking out, soft flowing jammie bottoms.... :P

tented at an impossible angle... B)

Okay, an update on the KMart extra track thing. jet, who seems to be a KMart employee, has posted on the Kmart thread at the OFC she has seen the ad for Sept. 16th, the Sunday before the CD release. Per jet, Kmart will be offering a bonus digital download of a track with the purchase of ATDW. She doesn't seem to know for sure what the track will be, or exactly where the download will be from (KMart.com? itunes?). She did say that ATDW is on the cover of the KMart ad, so Awwoooo Hooo for that.

Also, some CH'ers are noting that their cable guides are showing Clay as being on The Insider on Friday, September 8th. Fingers crossed on that one, otherwise we may have to wait for reports from the David Foster gala / Star Search thing to hear about THE HAIR speaking.

Hey you California girls! The OFC just put a note up that Clay will be doing what sounds like a personal appearance in LA from 1 to 4 on September 26th (details to come). Hee. Doesn't he know that the entire California contingent will already be standing in line at Kimmel during that time?

Hey you California girls! The OFC just put a note up that Clay will be doing what sounds like a personal appearance in LA from 1 to 4 on September 26th (details to come). Hee. Doesn't he know that the entire California contingent will already be standing in line at Kimmel during that time?

The California contingent and a few vistors from the east.... :)

It has been suggested he may be doing a CD signing across the street at the Virgin Megastore.

And then maybe he'll go up and down the line outside Kimmel and sign CDs for those of us in line.

And then he'll pick one lucky person from the line and get really up close and personal with her.

And that person will be moi!

And then I'll wake up from my dream....... ;)

Edited by Claygasm

The Raleigh News & Observer:

Fans in high places

President Bush apparently is a Clay Aiken fan.

Bush this week named Aiken, an "American Idol" runner-up and North Carolina native son, to the President's Committee on People With Intellectual Disabilities.

Word from the White House came with little fanfare, part of a release that included nominees for assistant attorney general and transportation secretary.

The release listed Aiken as "Clayton Aiken, of North Carolina," with no further explanation.

Aiken's fan club immediately posted the news to its Web site.

Aiken was traveling and could not be reached for comment.

But in Washington, the committee's executive director's 16-year-old daughter was thrilled.

"Usually she's not interested in public policy. She wants to come to the meetings. She wants his autograph," said Sally Atwater, chief staffer for the committee.

Atwater figures Aiken will lend some youthful perspective to the group. Also, she said, "We hope he'll sing."

Aiken has some work experience he can bring to the president's committee.

A special education major at UNC-Charlotte, Aiken worked with autistic children as a counselor in Raleigh. He also runs the Bubel-Aiken Foundation, dedicated to research for children with developmental disabilities.

He will join a committee that advises the president and the Department of Health and Human Services on programs and services for the intellectually disabled.

The group's next meeting is this month, just as Aiken has a new album coming out.

He won't be at the meeting, Atwater said.

"He's going to be on Jay Leno, I'm told," she said. "So we hope he'll plug the committee."

ETOnline:

President Bush intends to appointment Clay Aiken to the White House disability committee.

The White House has announced that "American Idol" season two runner-up Clay Aiken is in line to be named to the President's Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities.

A White House press release said President Bush intends to make the appointment. Officials did not say when. The organization is a federal advisory committee that has been established to advise the President and Secretary of The Department of Health and Human Services on issues concerning citizens with intellectual disabilities.

Clay has been an outspoken supporter of people with disabilities since stepping into the spotlight on "Idol." Before finding fame as a singer, the Raleigh, North Carolina native once worked as a counselor at YMCA camps for kids with special needs. He also studied special education in college and co-founded the Bubel/Aiken Foundation (TBAF), a charity for children with developmental disabilities.

Clay's highly anticipated new album, A Thousand Different Ways, hits music stores September 19.

The accompanying picture (from the hockey playoffs) is captioned "Clay has been involved with helping disabled youth even before "Idol" fame."

=====================================

berkeley from the Clackhouse has written an excellent blog that outlines Clay's qualifications for the appointment and his charitable endeavours from the past three years. It's quit impressive.

=====================================

Timberlake can continue bleating around about how he's bringing sexy back and Mayer can have all the fake relationships he wants. This is what a real man does: Makes the world a better place, and inspires others to attempt to do the same.

Ya knw - I keep reading conspiracy theories about how Clive Davis wants to get rid of Clay - like he does not like money, because he is hard to work with and think back to my working days in the dark ages. I actually had to tell the president of one company that I felt it was not good for the company to allow workers to do coke and smoke pot in the office and that I coul not continue to work for them if this continued. Then there was the office where I was sitting at my desk and a guy with a rifle(?) bullet proof vest dressed in black broke open my door and told me to raise my arms. I ws lucky during the raid that they worded the document to arrest any man in the office and they let me go on a techincality of being a woman - plus they could tell I was not involved by my total confusion - turns out they were selling drugs out of this office.

Anyway, why would Clive Davis prefer working with an admiitted drug user wh was off the pipe when recording (is this a cack remark?) as opposed to a responsible, sober person witha great work ethic and a great voice? Some of these conspiracy theories just astound me. Seems to me that Clay is more likely to survive into the futre.

Edited by playbiller

Awww Bottle...you got me verklempt.

I love the fact that this news is all over the place. Lots of reports that local news affiliates are picking it up and reporting it.

I am not worried that all of Clay's credentials are not laid out for eveyone to see...that will come in time. What's important is, its a very positive buzz and shows that he is makeing good on his intention to make a difference in the world...take that Simon!!!

BTW...thanks Bottle for bringing the news and articles over...

Oh my heavens...the new website...

That SOB is gonna MAKE me buy the frickin' Best Buy thing, upgrade the Best Buy thing and of course I've GOT to have the ULTIMATE membership because of course I gotta sign up on the FIRST day

Please don't tell my family I've clearly gone ever the edge...

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED both Bracelets! And both letters!

No, oddly enough, I don't think he will either.

I can't believe I'm actually planning to buy at least three copies of the CD (Houston party, Kimmel signing, Kmart special thing). What if Best Buy has another track? What if Circuit City has a special track? And you know Singapore's will be different! AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!

I know I'm postwhorring...

header.jpg

From the OFC renewal email...

I personally like this picture, a LOT. I'm already reading others who don't...a lot of them because of the vest. *shrug*

I am one of those who doesn't like it. I mean, first he's wearing his grandfather's sweaters again but worse than that is he looks totally and completely wasted!! :o

But I would still do him.... ^_^

I know I'm postwhorring...

header.jpg

From the OFC renewal email...

I personally like this picture, a LOT. I'm already reading others who don't...a lot of them because of the vest. *shrug*

I am one of those who doesn't like it. I mean, first he's wearing his grandfather's sweaters again but worse than that is he looks totally and completely wasted!! :o

But I would still do him.... ^_^

Wasted? Or just debacled? You decide.

:P

So, I've been off-line for a few hours, and I come back to an e-mail full of pictures of pissy / debacled /wasted Clay. :o Just what did Miranda do to the boy? Did somebody spike the apple juice on the crafts services table? B)

Actually, I'm kinda diggin' most of what I can see of the pictures in the e-mail (except for the WTF sweater vest) and the OFC. I am a trifle concerned about the state of Clay's spine, though. Is he suddenly unable to stand or sit up without slouchng or leaning? :unsure:

Off to to grab some :POP: and read about the fall-out.

Final question: Can I pay extra not to have access to the OFC message board? HA! :ph34r:

THE HAIR SPEAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And Clay wears his full complement of rings. Think the necklaces are tucked in there behind the tie?)

HairSpeaks.jpg

(screencap via snowdrop at the Clackhouse)

The Insider has a very short promo for Clay's appearance on Friday's show.

A link to download the promo from Clack Unlimited is here.

Edited by bottlecap