#2 - Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Ansamcw

I finally took the time last night to put on my headphones, turn out the lights, close my eyes, and just listen to the stream of ATDW, distraction-free. It was almost too much, you know? After all the joys of Clay’s triumphant return this week-end, combined with the wrenching melancholy of today’s tragic anniversary, the beauty of the music just made my heart hurt and soar at the same time. I woke up this morning with the sound of Lonely No More lingering in my mind like a half-remembered dream.

I can feel that the tears are very close to the surface today. Hugs and prayers.

What a weekend!!!!

I have been so overwhelmed that I haven't been able to really put my feelings into words...

First of all...what a great event this David foster star search and gala turned out to be...some of the best Clack ever.

> The Star Search show was incredible...

I loved his insightful comments that were very specific, personal, constructive, caring and honest for every singer.

I loved his playful and snarky interaction with David ... I think there is real respect and frienship between the two men.

> The gala....

I loved the fact that Clay helped raise 1M dollars. For those who haven't heard about it...the main item up for auction was a grand piano that David has been using for years and have the signature of 150 artist that he has worked with. It is similar to Lenos signed motorcycles. The auctioning stalled as 200K thats when David sweetened the pot by offering a private Concert for the winner of the Piano...the bidding went to 250K...then Clay came out and offered a private concert with the piano...thats when the bidding took off and went to 501K. Then David asked the guy that had the 500K bid if they get another piano and have artist sign is would he still take it...with the David/Clay private concert...and he agreed. So all in all they raised 1M for that item.

I loved how David introduced Clay...

I loved Clay's voice ...it was a bit tight...but he still blew the roof off the place. RHWFY was a great way to open his segment...then he sang the best UM I ever heard from him. It was nuanced..emotional and vocally fantastic. Then David made Clay sing the money note two more times....he was just astounded...Clay got an SO for that one. Then WY...was another amazing performance. It was obvious he felt a bit strained in the middle...but he relied on great technique and gave it his all to end that song in a fantastic way...it was amazing. Earned him another SO and he left the stage with David going WOW...

again the interaction between Clay and David was very funny and natural...would love to hear what these two can do in the studio.

Now about ATDW...of course I didn't think twice about spoilering myself. I don't considering it spoiling I see it as having an extra 10 days to enjoy the CD.

I expected to like this CD...but I am more than impressed with this..I am amazed and totally excited at the result. What makes me so happy is that I do believe this is all Clay. I don't care how the concept came about...all I know is that Clay and Jaymes took this concept and worked hard on it to make this reflect the true Clay Aiken sound...Classic POP. I think that now that he has established his own musical path he will be more able to experiment and widen his musical repertoire. He loves to take risks and stretch his abilities... this is only the beginning of his path.

At this point I would like to openly discuss the CD and the songs...I do wonder what y'all think of just doing so without using spoiler tags. Would it still be spoilering when people won't be hearing it anyway...its just like reading reveiws before buying the product...If there are people who would rather not read anything at all about it we can start a seperate thread...or use spoiler tags. I just hate to splinter off the discussion...

let me know what y'all think.

Well, my buddy Claygasm is going to be SO disappointed in me, but I popped my ATDW cherry last night. I'm deliciously sore this morning and wanting more.

I accepted some mp3s from another buddy. I have a Mac, so the streaming was a no-go. So I put the songs on my iPod and took the doggie for a long walk. I didn't listen to all of the songs...but...

Ansamcw...as for discussion, even when I was planning not to listen until the release date, I personally didn't mind discussion about it. Everyone hears things differently, anyway. Thing is...I don't know how much I have to say right now about it. I really haven't had a chance to do what bottle said---just isolate myself from distractions so that I can drown in the whole thing...so I think until I do, I'll just enjoy reading others' reactions!

BTW, I happen to like his side-swept hairdo last night. Along with the loosened tie and open-necked shirt and stubble, LORDY. He looked like a guy at the end of a workday...on his way to relaxing, you know? And I thought he looked oh, so grownup and manly. And ooooooh so hot and his voice...I tell you...in this time in real life that's sucking everything out of me (down smutters), this man and his voice gives me so much. So much.

I am DEAD!!! DEAD!!!!

This is truly a zombie posting cos last nights UM just slayed me...and I haven't even seen WY yet...I probably get resurrected and dies all over...

That was jsut the best UM I have ever heard him sing. It has to be seen too...cos the way he sings it...so tenderly, the expression in his face is so GAAAAAh

I am in awe of the growth I see in him...the last few months working on this album really paid off in developing his artistry...

walk don't run to get these videos its up on clack unlimited and I'm sure we will be hosting it later on too...

Scarlett came through again!!! thanks so much!

You're killing me, Ansa. I downloaded the mp3's of last night's performance here at work, but I don't want to push my luck with the video yet. That will have to wait until I get home. I do have a picture in my mind, though, based on listening to the mp3's. I can see Clay at an angle to the mic, face scrunched up, bending his knees as he wails out "nnnneeeeeeeeeddddd". That'll have to tide me over until this evening. <_<

I see the Clear Channel link to stream ATDW has been de-activated, I assume until tomorrow when it is supposed to be up officially. If they could get rid of the picture of Christina Aguilera in the corner of the player, I'd be eternally grateful. She looks all zombie-eyed to me, and it's a little disconcerting. I mean, I know my eyes have rolled back into my head on occasion when I've listened to Clay, but her picture is just skeery. Keep yer hands off my brains, b*tch! :blink:

Fate.

I'm at work at a PC instead of a Mac...rushed to stream the damn CD...now it's been disabled (the stream)... <_<

what-EVah, you know?

And just for that (neenerneener) I'm gonna go through the trouble of shutting down my work computer, then putting in my flash drive, then rebooting and downloading last night's video clack so that I can put it on my laptop (which I always carry with me) and then watch at lunch time..

Oh who the hell am I kidding? :P I'll watch the glory as soon as it finishes downloading! My "To Do" list can't wait...

again...

still... :unsure:

HELP HELP HELP

Clack Unlimited has evidently crashed. Cannot get on. 1:30 p.m. here in Georgia. I NEED, REPEAT NEED. TO. SEE. THE. CLACK. FROM. LAST. NIGHT.

I feel like I am typing in morse code. Anybody who can help me will have my undying appreciation and servanthood, oh HELL, just taking some freaking money.

Again, I NEED TO SEE THAT VIDEO. Everybody has been bragging on it and I don't want to feel out of the loop.

Off to my padded cell now. I am on my way to work, so I hope when I come home, I have a great big surprise waiting for me on my desk top.

Oh thank you guys for all the support that you have given to me, just by letting me ramble sometimes. I needs me an outlet. Tell you more about it tonight. Gotta go now. Hospital calling.

G :wub::):lol::P :o :wub:

Well, my buddy Claygasm is going to be SO disappointed in me, but I popped my ATDW cherry last night. I'm deliciously sore this morning and wanting more.

I accepted some mp3s from another buddy. I have a Mac, so the streaming was a no-go. So I put the songs on my iPod and took the doggie for a long walk. I didn't listen to all of the songs...but...

Muski!!

You didn't!!! Am I the only one with any self-control??? I suppose when the streaming link is back up you'll cave and listen to the rest! :glare:

But since you did cave....... What did you listen to? What did you think??

I am VERY nervous about this album so I am waiting. I plan to get a good bottle of wine and settle down with headphones and my cat (whose name happens to be Waldo.... B) ) and give it a good listen. I want to give it every chance to wow me and seduce me and debacle me.

Good things come to those who wait. Right? :unsure:

Good things come to those who wait. Right? :unsure:

Hee. No clue - I never wait if I can avoid it.

I even cracked and downloaded a small version of the UM video. OMG, Ansa - you didn't tell me he looked so freakin' young (it's the hair, I think - he wouldn't look so tentative if it was THE HAIR) and vunerable. And oh the cheekbones - lost in the hysteria over THE HAIR - so good to see them in high relief again.

And don't even get me started on where the mic stand is.... ^_^

Gerogiaclay...sorry but my computer decided to go super slow on me right now...I was going to do a yousend it but it would take too long...Couchie does our uploading to FCA and she probably will do it tonight. I hope CU will work for you soon.

here is what I posted on CH about Without You:

Just watched "Without You"...that was just orgasmic. Although his voice was noticably strained and he seemed struggling a bit...I thought that gave the performance a sense of urgency and rawness that added to the passion of the performance. That final section where he has that glory note and at the end he even goes higher...was just phenomenal. There was a raspiness that came in the end...but again it just made that whole part so sexy for me.

This was his first live performance after 9 months...I was worried cos usually his vocal chords are not as well conditioned after a long absence from live performing and he strains too much...but he was able to pull it off with grit and passion that gave these performances a maturity he never had before.

RHW...I found was a bit more tentative. this is the first time he is singing this in public and I can tell he is still trying to get used to it. He was also a bit more inhibited in his movements. I felt like he was itching to bring out some of his concert Clay moves but was a bit shy. I think by the time we get this in concert it will be totally hot. I love the strings on this arrangment I hope he will use a string quartet on the tour...which I believe is happening in early 2007.

The only person with will power not to listen? Fear has informed me that I will have to go cold turkey when I visit her before the release party. I may just bring my laptop and connect and pla it there. I really can't seem to download Sorry as my ringtone - did I ever think I would pay for a ring tone? - soI guess there wont be a surprise introduction.

Oh yeah, YEAY for the resurrection of the concept of new Clack, I needed that!

Claygasm, I'm waiting with you -- I did it for the last two albums, I can surely do wait for this one as well. And even if a truck hits me during this next week, I'll survive, demmit!

Sheesh...what a WONDERFUL weekend to go camping with friends. :blink: I missed out on all the fun, although I'm now catching up with the clack. I'll get most of the clack from last night as soon as I get home from work, although I am sneaking a small copy of WY...except that it's taking for-freaking-ever to download. Cannot wait to see this performance. I did also download the audio music from last night, so I guess I can say I've heard RHW... Anyway, it sounds like an incredibly good weekend for Clay, and a good time was had by all!

Oh, and while I'm not listening to the album, I don't care if you discuss it out "loud." I had a hoot of a time reading everyone's comments on the CH.

As far as his look goes from last night...guh. Loosened tie, hair swept away, freshly debacled look. All he needed was a cigarette and a martini in his hands. Too bad he neither drinks nor smokes. [/big joke]

Whoa mama! :blink:

He was giving major eyef*cks during WY...and I was feelin' 'em...Holy hell. Scarlett zoomed in on him on that jumbotron and I was toast. burnt to a freakin' crisp. My imagination had him just getting home from a tough day at the office. He's hot and his five o'clock shadow and loosened tie let me know he's past ready to be home.

So what do I do?

Heh.

You can't see me in that jumbotron shot 'coss I'm just south of the camera frame...now THAT'S an "O" face on that man if I've ever seen one.

Welcome, home, honey. :PB)

Finally got all the new Gala performance Clack downloaded and viewed. Whew! I agree that there were some moments where Clay seemed just a tad uncomfortable. I imagine he was a little stressed. Now I'm anxious to see Clay perform these songs with his own band and back-ups who know his style and quirks and can really work together as a unit.

Just 'cause I like to have this stuff in the main thread as a reference, a couple of Gala pictures from Qoatg of the ClackHouse:

th_DFGala910.jpg

th_DFGala2910.jpg

It took me a bit to figure out that was the same suit and tie as the one in the new OFC opening page. How can he go from looking all "Honey, I'm home from the office and I really need a scotch" at the Gala, and then look all mod rocker just by buttoning the jacket and combing his bangs out. It's kind of freaky.

I also wonder if it's just a coincidence that he's always wearing some variation of grey, blue or black in recent pictures and appearances, or if it's a choice by his stylist to work a more cool and smoky palette on him.

To finish off, ShelleyC of the ClackHouse noted that Quiana (who is looking more and more fabulous, btw) has posted some pictures with Clay on her myspace page. georgia, honey, I know you love Clay and I know you love babies, so hold on tight...

UncleClay.jpg

Uncle Clay and the tiny little man himself, Chamberlin. Too sweet!!

Thank you Bottle. You a gem in the ocean of gems. I just am done. I am dead. I am totally gone. Thank you for the link. It was so special. I just enjoyed the crap out of that clack.

And the picture is to cute. There is nothing more sexier to me than a man holding a baby, just as long as it is not mine. LOL.

G

Thank you again, so very much. I can may be try to sleep now.

:wub::wub::P:P :o :o :P:P

So couchie According to the list of stations that berkleylovesclay compiled on CH of the Clear Channel stations now streaming Clay's cd, our local STAR101 ain't doing it. :angry: The station's listed, but it doesn't have Clay playing. I checked and it's still John Mayer.

Maybe Clay will be there soon? :( Here's the list:

UPDATED 2:00 AM PDT Tuesday:

The following is a list of Mediabase monitored Clear Channel stations which are providing a link to A Thousand Different Ways.

Please your local AC / Hot AC station's website. From this coded list, please copy and past the URL for your station(s) into your browser to access the stream. That way the station in your community will know how many hits the link is getting and can tell that people want to hear Clay.

Following are the Mediabase monitored AC and Hot AC stations owned by Clear Channel, compiled by moonhead here at CH (minus the non-CC stations) and by CAP at CV. These stations monitor click-through traffic, so please go through home pages to hear the album!

If no information is provided, please check back. These stations have been adding the link all evening!

Code:

AC

Atlanta 94.9 WLTM-FM Clear Channel Communications

Augusta 104.3 WBBQ-FM Clear Channel Communications

Baton Rouge 96.1 KRVE-FM Clear Channel Communications

Beaumont 104.5 KKMY-FM Clear Channel Communications

Biloxi 93.7 WMJY-FM Clear Channel Communications

Birmingham 96.5 WMJJ-FM Clear Channel Communications

Boise 107.9 KXLT-FM Clear Channel Communications

Burlington VT 92.9 WEZF-FM Clear Channel Communications

Charlotte 102.9 WLYT-FM Clear Channel Communications

Chicago 93.9 WLIT-FM Clear Channel Communications

Colorado Springs 106.3 KKLI-FM Clear Channel Communications

Columbus GA 100.1 WGSY-FM Clear Channel Communications

Dayton 99.9 WLQT-FM Clear Channel Communications

Detroit 100.3 WNIC-FM Clear Channel Communications

El Paso 99.9 KTSM-FM Clear Channel Communications

Fresno 98.9 KSOF-FM Clear Channel Communications

Grand Rapids 105.7 WOOD-FM Clear Channel Communications

Greensboro 99.5 WMAG-FM Clear Channel Communications

Greenville SC 102.5 WMYI-FM Clear Channel Communications

Honolulu 92.3 KSSK-FM Clear Channel Communications

Houston 99.1 KODA-FM Clear Channel Communications

Las Vegas 106.5 KSNE-FM Clear Channel Communications

Los Angeles 103.5 KOST-FM Clear Channel Communications

Melbourne 99.3 WLRQ-FM Clear Channel Communications

Mobile 99.9 WMXC-FM Clear Channel Communications

Modesto/Stockton 102.3 KJSN-FM Clear Channel Communications

Nassau-Suffolk 97.5 WALK-FM Clear Channel Communications

New York 106.7 WLTW-FM Clear Channel Communications

Orlando 107.7 WMGF-FM Clear Channel Communications

Phoenix 99.9 KESZ-FM Clear Channel Communications

Portland OR 103.3 KKCW-FM Clear Channel Communications

Raleigh 93.9 WRSN-FM Clear Channel Communications

Richmond 98.1 WTVR-FM Clear Channel Communications

Sacramento 92.5 KGBY-FM Clear Channel Communications

Salt Lake City 106.5 KOSY-FM Clear Channel Communications

San Antonio 101.9 KQXT-FM Clear Channel Communications

Shreveport 96.5 KVKI-FM Clear Channel Communications

Spokane 98.1 KISC-FM Clear Channel Communications

Springfield MO 105.9 KGBX-FMClear Channel Communications

Syracuse 94.5 WYYY-FM Clear Channel Communications

Toledo 101.5 WRVF-FM Clear Channel Communications

Wash DC 97.1 WASH-FM Clear Channel Communications

West Palm 105.5 WOLL-FM Clear Channel Communications

Wichita 97.9 KRBB-FM Clear Channel Communications

Worcester 96.1 WSRS-FM Clear Channel Communications

Hot AC

Cincinnati WVMX-FM Clear Channel Communications

Cleveland WMVX-FM Clear Channel Communications

Dallas KDMX-FM Clear Channel Communications

Houston KHMX-FM Clear Channel Communications

Los Angeles KYSR-FM Clear Channel Communications

Los Angeles KBIG-FM Clear Channel Communications

Phoenix KMXP-FM Clear Channel Communications

San Francisco KIOI-FM Clear Channel Communications

San Diego KMYI-FM Clear Channel Communications

Tampa WMTX-FM Clear Channel Communications

When this list is complete, I will be adding any non-monitored stations that are streaming ATDW. Thanks, akcanuck, for letting me know about your station!

Other stations:

Code:

Anchorage Magic 98.9 Clear Channel Communications

PS...and yes, I know it's freakin' early! I've been waking up at about 3:30-4:30 for the last week or so...thinking about things, stuff...then I'm wide awake until about 11 or 12 when I feel like a freakin' truck just hit me.

THANKS for posting that Muski....I will be setting up a page on FCA dedicated to Clay on Radio with Berkeley's compilation so people who check FCA regularly will see it.

I also decided to start a new thread for Fan reviews of ATDW...this thread will be linked on FCA's main page as well. We are hoping that you will put your thoughts on the CD on that page. We are also hoping a lot of guests will add their thoughts and impression.

This is a place to be honest with our feelings and when it comes to opinions we know there really is no right or wrong so we expect people to rescpect otheres opinon and to disagree in a friendly manner if it happens. I will post the link once I've set it up.

Now this does not mean that we cannot discuss the cd in the main thread...go ahead and do so...but please put your main reveiw in that page.

I am really looking forward to people's reactions and hope we can have a lively discussion...

Well, crap. I checked the website of my local Clear Channel AC station this morning, and the link is to John Mayer. Uh, no thanks. I thought I'd just use the Clear Channel Music link here in the office, but all I get is buffering with no connection. Double crap. Hope y'all have better luck than I do. :angry:

I know its tough to wait...but I think its possible some of the links will be coming out this afternoon. I also think the main push is to AC stations. Some Hot/AC may have it but more likely they will have John Mayer. I guess if this is the case...it wouldn't be bad to check out other areas...you gotta have your Clack right?

Here is the ATDW fan review page. hoping to see you guys there with your reactions to this CD. I am still writing up my review. Need to update FCA first.

I was so sure the link to Clay's CD stream would be on my CC AC station's website since it had previously shown Lionel Ritchie. That made it doubly disappointing when I checked this morning, and found John Mayer instead. The other Clear Channel station locally is Top 40, and the Hot AC station is Cumulus Broadcasting - so no luck there. :( Ah, well, by this time next week, we will have spent about 9 hours squeeing and eeeeing about the actual, physical CD, and will have just gotten a huge fix of Live Clay on GMA. I can wait. I guess. If I have to.... Sigh. Whine. Moan. Repeat....

A couple o' links:

Clay's picture is up today on the main page of EW.com, on the gallery illustrating this week's article about Idol releases. The commentary is a little sketchy, but how great to get an eyeful of the Library Lean picture when you hit the link!

Barnes and Noble has the snippets. [Ouch, that sounds kinda like a painful rash, like the shingles or something, doesn't it? :blink: ]

There are no CC stations in my area. None whatsoever. However, when the Chicago station puts the link on their page, I'll be all over it...with the sound turned down. :D Anyway, I want Chicago to get Clay this time, so I'll do my best. Besides, if the CC stations pick up on it, I think maybe my local AC station (in this podunk town) will maybe play it. I hope. *crosses fingers*

The EW thing is a rehash of what the magazine has in it. My copy came over the weekend, and I must say it was nice to turn to Library Guy Page. *g* And it is REALLY nice to see him on the front page of the online version as well. I think RCA paid a little for that, don't you? :P

The EW thing is a rehash of what the magazine has in it. My copy came over the weekend, and I must say it was nice to turn to Library Guy Page. *g* And it is REALLY nice to see him on the front page of the online version as well. I think RCA paid a little for that, don't you? :P

Yeah, my eyes about bugged out of my head when I opened the EW home page this morning. Verra, verra nice, indeed. :D I didn't get my EW until Monday, which pissed me off a bit as it usually comes on Saturday, and I knew the Idol article was in it. I think my mail carrier is toying with me... Now, if only the People magazine cover thing pans out this week, whoa baby!!! I might have to snag multiple copies from Target or whatnot.

Now Claymaniac in PA is posting something abuot the links that Berkeley had in her list are not right or you're going through the screen door or might get lost on the wraparound porch or something...

I say, find your local Clear Channel station and then go to its home page! My dang channel is still behind the times and has John Mayer's mug to click on. No thanks. I'll be very, very pleasantly surprised if Star101 here in the SF Bay Area features Clay's CD...they haven't been friendly in the past.

I don't want to go to work.

crap.

Clay is purdy.

There. I feel better.