#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

well I shall use this for my Long Island recap...but I hope you don;t mind if I use some paragraph breaks here and there...hee.

Geez Louise...first she's the "matching parenthesis" cop, next she's the "paragraph" cop...what else? Before long she'll be correcting spelling and such.

KAndre, THANK YOU. That was a roller coast ride of a recap...and from what it sounds like, that show was a roller coaster as well. You captured it perfectly.

Give everyone in the eHP a big old hug from me. And some new tiaras -- except for Scarlett, who should have a beret in every color now.

Geez Louise...first she's the "matching parenthesis" cop, next she's the "paragraph" cop...what else? Before long she'll be correcting spelling and such.

hee I can't even do that on my own posts... :D

oops that is just for the FCA long Island page...the space is too small and I don't want to scare people with all those words packed in there...hee

Honestly, it seems during most of the concert, he was putting his all into the banter. The singing was great, as always, but he was pushing himself for the banter. And then Don’t Save It All. Oh man, the different in the power of his voice – he was like a marathon runner, who’s second wind had kicked in. His voice really rang out for the first time that evening – and I didn’t think he would, but when he dropped the mic away from his mouth – you KNEW you were seeing Clay for who he was. A strong, strong man who’s innermost being is music. Honest to God, it is. And when he came back out for that damn encore, leaning on Jessie, my eyes were wet. I was wrong when I thought he had given it all for DSIAFCD – he dug deep within himself – he was not going to be satisfied with just crossing the finish line – he RAN. On nothing but heart, he RAN. And gave me a memory to hold in my heart. I really am grateful I got to see this.

See, you can watch all the Clack in the world, but to get this level of detail and nuance, you need an on-the-spot reporter who is tuned into the subject. This kind of stuff is why I race to turn on my computer each morning after a concert. And it's also why I'm a bit schmoopie right now. Sniff.

Hey, maybe after the tour is over, instead of a listening party, we could take a song at a time and evaluate it to come up with a best of NaJNT list.

That's a great idea. Or maybe we could each take a song (or two if there aren't enough of us) and make a list of 5 to 10 "finalists" and then everyone could vote on the bestest???

Loving the recaps! :lol: Four more sleeps until my concert - eeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!11

Hey, maybe after the tour is over, instead of a listening party, we could take a song at a time and evaluate it to come up with a best of NaJNT list.

That's a great idea. Or maybe we could each take a song (or two if there aren't enough of us) and make a list of 5 to 10 "finalists" and then everyone could vote on the bestest???

Loving the recaps! :lol: Four more sleeps until my concert - eeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!11

yup that will be great. I usually make an ultimate CD for a tour and I would love to get people's input.

I LOVE this idea! I'm always at a loss for picking the "best" of each tour. I mean, I have been planning for over a year now to do a "best of Christmas" CD set for Clay, but just was paralyzed at picking just ONE copy of each song. (Well, that, and he keeps doing Christmas tours and adding new music...hee...)

We are just talking about THIS tour right? Because I really would like that for almost every song he's ever recorded. :blink:

I claim "O Come, O Come Emmanuel"... :P

BTW, I still want to do a MOAM listening party though....revisit an oldie but a goodie....

Thanks everyone for responding to the idea to do a best of listening party so to speak. I know I read that GBB plans to do a compilation of the banter from this tour. We may be able to come up with a "boxed set" ha!. ldyjocelyn, thanks for the reminder about the MOAM listening party, it will be fun to revisit that CD again.

I didn't get to listen to the cellcert this evevning, but did read the summary thread. Sounds like Clay was having a blast at this show, and his banter looks like it was incredibly funny. Hope the clack makes it soon.

And I'm still waiting for the clack from Detroit. *sigh*

Anyway, he talked to the lovely potted plant known as Ficus this evening, and she told him how many concerts she'd attended. Over 80?!?!? Wow. But this got me thinking...how many Clay Aiken concerts have YOU seen? I'm not doing this to make those who haven't seen him that often feel badly, I'm just wildly curious. I've followed one other performer (Huey Lewis), and managed to see him 10 times...over the span of 10 years. Clay? In the span of 3 years, I've been to:

1 AI show

1 Radio promo show (Indy Santa Slam; also went to the radio station that morning, in the freezing ass cold)

2 IT shows

5 NAT shows

2 JNT 2004 shows

3 JBT shows

1 JNT 2005 shows

1 JNaT 2006 show

__

16 total

Anyone else brave enough? I know playbiller is....

AH, but don't you have to adjust your list - you made it to one show, but you really planned 2 shows.

Ok, here is my list from somewhere else

Hmm I have been to

1 AI

2 IT

3 NAT

2 JNT

5 JBT

3 JNT05

3 JNT06

=====

19 total

+ 2 GMA concerts

Fear is pretty much tied with me, except that she went to only one GMA but also attended a Krispie Creme autograph thingie.

Edited by playbiller

I'll play because I can't breathe so I can't sleep.

Let's see....

3 IT shows

Dover BAF Benefit

8 NATs

3 JNT04

7 JBTs

5 JNT05 (and I didn't even like that tour!)

2 NaCT

=======

29 Total

Can I count the Kimmel mini-concert??? If so I have an even 30!

No wonder my credit cards have such high balances! :o

I am so lucky Clay likes the north east part of the US! :)

from CB

Took him about 60 seconds to walk the line. My friend got a hand shake, too. It was so exciting to hear the crowd respond to him and I could hear his voice in the background saying thank you to people and Merry Christmas. Almost like I was there myself!!!!

After the concert, a number of people were on the cellcert - and having listening back to it - I don't know what y'all are talking about - I speak at a slow and reasoned pace. Y'all are just craaaaaazy.

Well, we all clamber back into Damian's vehicle, not realizing that Damian apparently broods over what it sees as us not treating it well. He directs us back to the parkway, and through the city and all the while we are singing merrily inbetween random threats against the psychotic New York/New Jersey drivers and making comments to Solo about her driving, while she threatens to make us drive. My, she's fussy. Damian directs back to the Garden State Parkway, and then suddenly tells us to exit. We are suspicious as we have never seen this exit before, but because we are still on a Clay high, we obey Damian. It sends us about a mile, then tells us to turn right. It sends us about 7/10ths of a mile and another right turn. Then another. Then another. At this point, we realize that apparently no one in the entire state of New Jersey understands the meaning of "parallel", because with each right turn we are on a smaller, darker, scarier street, and I swear I could hear Damian snickering. So we stop in the middle of the street because Damian told us to turn right again but we couldn't and the little red line seemed to want us to do a U turn and Solo smacks Damian (she claims she's just tapping it impatiently) and Damian's alternate personality shows up and directs us back to the Parkway and the correct exit.

We come back to eat Cheez Doodles and discovered that Scarlett had eaten them all. Except for two. And seemed to think that counted as not eating them all. As she still had rendering to do, we ate cookies instead, promised ourselves that we would get up early, buy more Cheez Doodles, reminisced about the concert we had just seen, and watched clack. We all decided to go visit the Statue of Liberty in the morning because it seems like a touristy thing to do. We are eventually go to bed around 4 in the morning.

So you mean Damian was stuck on some groove and just asking you guys to turn right??? and you followed??? :lol:

hey isn't there some commercial where these people went on a trip just making left turns....

AI2: Anaheim

IT: Philly, Wilkes-Barre, Nassau, Dover Benefit

NAT: Syracuse, Delaware, AC, Musikfest, Clearfield, Charlotte, Raleigh x 2

JNT: Sewell, Baltimore, MSG

JBT: Buffalo, Wolf Trap, Musikfest, Borgata x 2

JNT: Reading, NYC (Beacon), Camden, Raleigh

JNaT: Greensboro

3 X GMA plus 1 Early Show

Hurricanes, Broadway - Heather Headley

:o

Stuck on some groove my butt...I know perfectly well Damian was attempting to lead us to some portal of hell in Clark, NJ!

BWAH...well...it does seem to have split personality...maybe it experience some traumatic experience in the factory...maybe Damian is just misunderstood and is not actually satan's instrument of destruction...

can;t wait for more adventures of the eHP...so do we also get a travelogue with the recaps...please!!! I want to hear about certain people chasing after geese.

Damn I'm so sorry I missed hanging out with the evil Houston Posse. Ya'll are fabulous. And I'm sorry if I met Merriee and can't place her...I'm old. I need to meet folks 3 or 4 times before it sinks in!! Now this is a group that just has fun and doesn't take themselves too seriously. Yay for the eHP...but why is that e not capitalized.

I lost count of my coucerts..

AI2 3

IT 6

NAT 7

JNT04 3

JBT 5

JNT05 3

Kimmel 1/2 heee

hmmmm I feel quite normal..LOL Hell I'd be double that if he came anywhere near the west coast on some of those tours.

This is the first tour Ive missed but you know..I have really enjoyed living it through the clack. Thank god for all the clack goddesses. I don't feel like I missed out at all although I know there is nothing like LIVE CLAY. Nothing in this world.