Fingers crossed for a date near me!

Well I know I’ve been a no show for a while.  Just got into a funk I guess!  My daughter caught Covid so we were quarantining.  That was no fun!   She seemed to have a really really bad case of the flu but tested positive.  She’s back teaching but is very fatigued!  She did lose her taste and smell for a while but it’s coming back.  What with her bout with mouth cancer she’s really had it bad this year!   I seemed to have dodged a bullet so fingers crossed…….  Im still overly cautious about masks and eating out even though I’m fully vacced!   I just want everything to be normal but who knows if that will ever happen.  Of course here in Houston people are acting like everything is ok but Emily got it from somewhere.  We have no idea where.  

merrieeee, so glad your daughter is feeling better, and I'm VERY glad you didn't get COVID!  

At this point...almost no one is wearing masks anymore, and I'm sad to say, me included.  It depends a bit, though, on where I'm at.  And I don't think we're going to be able to put the genie back in the bottle at this point.  I am gearing up for another wave at some point soon!

From CV, in regards to the National Inclusion Project.  There was a Zoom meeting with Nick tonight, and here's the news.

Okay, BIG NEWS from the "National Inclusion Project" tonight:

1. There will be NO Gala in Spring 2023

2. There WILL be a rootin-tootin 20th Anniversary salutin' CLAY FOCUSED Gala in the FALL of 2023 (Date TBA ASAP)

3. "Probably" in Raleigh

4. Focus on "The Regulars"....ie, US

LET EVERYONE KNOW!!

That's all we know.....that's all, Folks!

4 hours ago, jmh123 said:

Merrieeee, I am so sorry about all your daughter's problems this year. I hope she has time to rest well before returning to work!!

Thanks.  Luckily her school district has a fall break so she had another week to recuperate. 

• Like 1

Excited about the Gala but have one weekend in September that would not work.(That is probably they weekend they will pick.) My nephew is getting married in Nashville and my sister would never forgive me if I missed it! 

Also when it comes to Ruben and Clay tour.  Have not seen anything about something near me but if they do not have one close to us by June 1st I again would not be able to go.  Plans on bike tours are being made.  So if I do not make either the Gala and the tour I will be really sad.  Put need to pull up my big girl pants and accept if that happens. 

I am going to WOF on Saturday.  My friend signed us up to play.  I hope they do not pick me.  I am horrible at this game.  Give me Jeopardy and I would be better. 

From TinaS at CV, used with permission.

Yes, Clay is a natural onstage!  He's always quick with something witty to say.

What Clay WoF poster?? How did I miss that?  Oh well, I took a few photos,  one of the corner of the venue with a line of folks down the block; there was quite a crowd.   There's not much I can add that hasn't been said, except Kalpana(sp?) is from Ohio, she was glad to be back, and that made the crowd cheer; they were quite enthusiastic.   

Some of the contestants were true Wheel Watchers, and one of the ladies called up didn't even know that she'd be at the show ; it was a surprise.  One of the first ones called up was a different Tina S; darn it!  She definitely knew what she was doing though, and it was fun cheering for them all.

The announcer mentioned that they'd been in town for a day or so, and had been enjoying coffee shops, etc and he'd been to Wahlburgers. 

We had the macncheese w/bacon & seared grilled chicken.  The chicken had lots of flavor; the macncheese was ok.  Maybe I'll try a burger another time.

We had the blue wristbands that won a freebie on the way out, but they ran out, it's ok, it was just a button.  

After a decade since the last tour; it was surreal but so nice to see Clay and fans again.   All in all, a great evening. smile.png

We had a blast.  Clay looks like he is having so much fun.  He had some great one liners but I am horrible at remembering them.  One did have a mention about placing his hand over someone's mouth.  He looked great.  The show moves pretty well.  The announcer person comes out in the audience and keeps things rolling as they get the new contestants fitted with their mic. My girlfriend had signed us up to play and I was praying my name did not get called.  I did take a picture with the poster.  I will give it a whirl and try to post below.  If these shows are an audition he would do great. He is such a natural. 

954870489_WOF2.thumb.jpg.7d1840ecadbc1d7781d8aa3ddaf39749.jpg

We ate at a place called Union Assembly and the food was great.  To much to eat.  We should of shared. It actually was 23 feet from the Fox.  My friend who has a bad knee was concerned but had no problem. 

gbmifan, glad you had a fabulous time!  It sounds like Clay is doing great, and I hope he's enjoying himself.

Video from last night, via FB:  https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid034XhEYJKXS1vgygQPitcag7ru7xYT7H7ssUKaRAw5hecS7zmiTNvFFxm17BrXWy6Pl&id=100003347045504

On 10/24/2022 at 7:23 AM, ldyjocelyn said:

I know she won’t see this today, as she’s on a family vacation, but happy birthday to mik4Clay!

Thank you ldyj, I had a blast at Disney.. but back to reality and the cold! 🥶 Good thing Clay, in the Detroit pics, looks hot, Hot, HOT 🔥

On 10/28/2022 at 1:01 PM, ldyjocelyn said:

New date for the Clay/Reuben show:  Carmel, Indiana (only 3 1/2 hours away for me!), May 11.  Unfortunately, a bad time of the year for me -- a co-worker is off on paternity leave, and it's the end of finals.  Crap.

Try girl, try! 😯