# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

I am still very much on a Clack high...

hee bottlecap...I just love talking about Clay's music. but we can talk about his look too. Someone was telling me that they can't believe that girls weren't all over him during college...but the strange thing about Clay is that he can change his look from a young teacher...or college TA...to a hot pop star just by rearranging his hair. Like the WRAL clip...although he was good looking...I can't really call him hot. Just OK...then maybe an hour later...he puts on pop star persona...and moves his hair around and voila!!!! I am suddenly breathless and just gaga over him once again. its amazing!!!

I hope this will be his look for the concert. ITs just too yummy...but I suspect he will shave the beard if it becomes too hot. I wonder if he grew the beard so he can get used to his new teeth. Nobody noticed the teeth with this look!!!

ITA Clayzor I wouldn't take what he said about LAA too seriously...except that it may mean he won't sing it on the tour, but you never know. But I doubt this will really be the last song he writes...I think he is just reluctant to do it because there is such expectations from him. But I bet it will happen again if he truly gets inspired and moved to do it.

About DF...I admit at first I wasn't too thrilled with the thought of them working together because I thought he over produces the songs he did with Celine and Josh. But then, I think that he was just working with the type of singers they are...but LAA is just perfect for Clay and I think he understands that Clay does not always have to glory note all over the place even if he is very good at it. He can be chill, folksy and even jazzy cos he has a voice that can be enjoyed in a simple arrangement as well as with complicated productions.

Just watched the clack.

He is so adorable and hot and handsome and adorable and hot and handsome and adorable and hot and hot and hot and hot...

BEST.LOOK.EVER!!!!!!!!

That is all.....

(And the imagination goes wild thinking about his nimble tongue....)

Holy smokes! I just watched the "Invisible" auction video. If I'd been there, I'm afraid I would have been tempted to max out every credit card in my wallet just to keep Clay mugging it up for a few more minutes. That dude was just way too cute... :wub:

See! bottlecap I had NO worries about this board and being shallow and stuff -- just because ya'll hadn't seen the clack. Now we're back to talking in indistinguishable syllables, such as "guh" and "gah" and "Good God in Heaven, is the man hawt or what?"

OK, so maybe that last one was just me.

And yes, if I had been there, I would have been calling my bank for a loan. Collateral would have been my husband. *g*

I am still very much on a Clack high...

hee bottlecap...I just love talking about Clay's music. but we can talk about his look too. Someone was telling me that they can't believe that girls weren't all over him during college...but the strange thing about Clay is that he can change his look from a young teacher...or college TA...to a hot pop star just by rearranging his hair. Like the WRAL clip...although he was good looking...I can't really call him hot. Just OK...then maybe an hour later...he puts on pop star persona...and moves his hair around and voila!!!! I am suddenly breathless and just gaga over him once again. its amazing!!!

That was me. <g> But I wasn't talking about his looks - it's very clear that he is sharp, sarcastic, funny as hell - you name it. Most women I knew in college LOVED guys like him, regardless of the shallow. And he was pretty cute, although dorky. I had an extremely dorky guy friend who wasn't as cute as Clay, yet all the women had secret crushes on him because he was so smart and funny.

I hope this will be his look for the concert. ITs just too yummy...but I suspect he will shave the beard if it becomes too hot. I wonder if he grew the beard so he can get used to his new teeth. Nobody noticed the teeth with this look!!!

I did. <g> Just not right away. They just add more perfection to his face. <g>

I think (and have always thought) that we might not hear LAA on tour or in person because it's more personal than anything he's ever done - and that includes LTS. I think LTS wasn't as personal as it *could* have been, and he had a very specific purpose in mind. He was talking about the past - that's much easier than talking about the "present" or very recent past.

As I sat here listening to the auction my mind went to the place where I thought.....

Hmmmmmmmmm - where would I get enough money to bid and win on those things????

The obvious answer would be divorce court!! And I don't think I'm ready for that!!

I found this website on David Foster that lists a HUGE group of performers and songs

he has written and produced........

DAVID FOSTER MUSIC

All I can say is WOW!! I am glad Clay has him for a friend!

(did I mention I love Clay Aiken?? )

:rainbowsmile:

Edited by cha cha trusty

I figure between the four credit cards in my wallet, I'd have been good for about a 100 grand. Let's see, at prime plus 4%, I could pay that off in what, 50 years? Ppppfffftt, that's nothing in Claytime. :P Who needs an IRA if you die before you can afford to retire anyway?

Seriously, I'd like to see how much some of the items sold for last night. And I'd really like it if TBAF did another true internet auction so some of the other fans could have a chance to win the goods.

As I sat here listening to the auction my mind went to the place where I thought.....

Hmmmmmmmmm - where would I get enough money to bid and win on those things????

The obvious answer would be divorce court!! And I don't think I'm ready for that!!

I found this website on David Foster that lists a HUGE group of performers and songs

he has written and produced........

btw - he was lookin HOT in his younger days too!!! (see album covers)

DAVID FOSTER MUSIC

All I can say is WOW!! I am glad Clay has him for a friend!

(did I mention I love Clay Aiken?? )

:rainbowsmile:

ETA: ooops!!! I hit the quote button instead of the edit button!!! sorry!! :giveflowers:

Edited by cha cha trusty

I really can;t understand how some of those items can be sold as low as a couple of thousands...his face was really pretty good incentive to keep the auction going...

totally adorable...

I just finished watching the auction videos. I see what he was doing with LAA now. He was trying to tell them this was a one of a kind item, that there wouldn't be anymore. In an effort to get the bids going. That's my take.

What he was really selling was his pheromones.........Oh he so knows what he is doing..........Just kill me now.

If he shows up in concert looking like this, they better have Jerome near me, because I don't think I can hold myself back. That boy/man just makes me all kinds of hot with this look. He most definitely has that Paul MCartney thing going on, big time. Hope that wasn't too smutty. Hee He just does it for me. Always has, always will.

:TourExcite: :TourExcite: :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

Can I just say: April Fools' Day Word Filters? Funny for about 5 pages. After that? Not so much... :rolleyes:

hee...where was this???

Last night I considered doing something for FCA too...then this morning I thought...I like being unique and just happy to plod along the way we used to...heh

found these two recaps on CH:

From ClaytonClayniac at CB -

the blond lady behind Clay at the auction was TBAF accountant. She was keeping a running tally of the bids so they could give a final total at the end.

It was a truly amazing evening, and it ran over 7 hours!! Each of the honorees (and the videos shown about them) touched the heart and made us all so proud of being a part of this very special evening. And Clay was absolutely joyful and so in his element! His participation in the auction was spur of the moment because he was tired of sitting down! He did everything he could think of to raise the bidding for each auction item, and by the end of the evening, they had totaled more than $182,000! He was absolutely hysterical, and we were rolling in the aisles! The man could have a career in comedy if he wanted it! He's a natural! They brought in enough $$$$ to fund all of the summer camp programs they have set up for this year!! Awesome!!

We sat next to a member of the Cardinal Club who was there with his wife. They were not particularly Clay fans but bought tickets to the Gala just to support the "hometown boy." He also said that there were not very many CC members in attendance. They were both simply blown away by Clay, the amount of $$$$ he was able to raise for the children - and the impact he had on everyone in the room! They left the Gala as new Clay fans and planned to attend their first Clay concert in Cary this summer! They also planned on letting the other Cardinal Club members know what an extraordinary event they missed out on!

From Claysession at CB:

Last night was an incredible and truly magical evening. For anyone who could have seen the videos of the kids at camp last night, well, can I just say that your hearts would be full beyond measure and you too would reach deep inside to help make each of their dreams a reality. How could anyone deny their joy and happiness? This is just one step along the process to total inclusion.

The Lover All Alone Manu-s c r i p t is absolutely beautiful! My husband and I will hang it in our home with pride on behalf of all of you: Clay's dedicated, giving and generous fans. Someday soon, we will donate this back to TBAF in order for them to raise even more money; something this precious and beautiful is meant to be shared with others who can appreciate it.

The dinner out with Clay will take place at another time when it can be done privately and with less security concerns. We want Clay to enoy this day with his family and dear friends who are in town. I promise to extend your heartfelt and warm wishes to him when I do see him next.

I think thats pretty cool of claysession to reschedule the dinner and to donate the manscript back to BAF...

I was just thinking that there must be tons of people that want her to ask Clay specific questions, Hee. I think its better that the fandom does not know when this dinner will take place...I am feeling a bit sad about how entitled some fans are acting. It seems that they think we are supposed to have clack of everything Clay. Its great if its there...but at times its not about the fans IMO.

I'm just a little bit confused.......

That Wango Tango shirt (as adorable as the Lover & Fighter embroideries are)

isn't the same shirt as I thought it was, because THIS

wangotango.jpg

is what I thought the wango tango shirt looked like.

Can someone clear this up for me please??

:00000467: HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!

great recaps....wow....I am very impressed with claysession's intention of donating the manuscript back...and relieved that they rescheduled the dinner..was kind of worried about a extra full restaurant!

and wow....wish I could turn back time and be wise enought to have gone to the gala...

well nice thought. Loving all the pics and the audio. The Prayer brought me to tears.

and, is it April 2nd yet?????? yikes...

wangotango.jpg

I think this is the shirt that was auctioned...

ai2%20wango%20tango%20stripe%20shirt_sm.

This was the first Wango Tango appearance where all the top 10 or 12 from AI2 sang the National Anthem

From FCA

Saturday, May 17, 2003

Pasadena, CA - The Rose Bowl

Wango Tango

KIIS-FM: The Ultimate Reality Show

He sang the "National Anthem" with the AI finalists

wangotango.jpg

ChaCha, I think that this is from the first Wango Tango in 2003, shortly after AI2 was over, the green shirt in your picture, is from 2004

eta: See, I knew someone would know more about it than me

Edited by atinal

Thanks ansa & atinal - both of you knew more than I did!!

That summer (or spring) of 2003 was before I was aware of All Things Clay!

My daughter and future (then) SIL came to live with us and we were planning their

wedding. She was working and finishing up her degree - neither had a car.

He went on the train with mr chach in the morning and she biked 6 miles to the local

campus. That summer we had thunderstorms almost every day around 5 PM, so I ended

up going to pick her up many many times! The wedding was in September and after it

was over and they left town for the west coast - THAT'S when I had time to look up Clay

on the internet and get involved. WOW! I was blown away! (to say the least!!!)

The rest, as they say, is gravy............

I think the pictures of Clay and the ring in his mouth and the idea of what his tongue could do killed muski! She's been AWOL since her comments last night! :lol:

(ETA: She's alive! She just called. She's at a play and it was intermission but she just had to call to talk about Clay's tongue action from last night! She says hi to all!)

I have been thinking a lot about this man to whom we have all turned over a great deal of our lives (not to mention money!). What is it about him that inspires such fierce loyalty and devotion? Yes, he's hot (especially how he looked last night!). Yes, he has a voice for the ages. Yes, he is funny and smart. Yes, he has a heart of gold. But there are others who have those qualities.

So why Clay? And why did it seem to start for so many of us when all we knew about him was that he had a voice like no other? Why did we start to follow him so intensely before many of us thought he was hot or knew he had a heart of gold?

Its times like this, watching the clack from the gala or listening to the cellcert last night, that I just shake my head at the power that is Clay Aiken. He almost seems to have an aura about him. I keep thinking back to what Gladys Knight said during AI2 about his being unique and being destined for something special (paraphrasing of course). She, of course, was referring to his music career, but she just as easily could have been referring to him - his life.

I don't know what it is, but there is something almost mystical about Clay. He is not a god. He is not holy. He is not the second coming. He is just a man. But just as there have been men (and women!) who have made a special mark on this world before, I believe Clay will too. In a very special way. His voice will help him make that mark, but ultimately his heart will lead the way.

How lucky are we to be a part of his journey?

(The fact that he is as hot as shit is just icing on the cake!)

On another note: The pet recall is widening. Now some pet treats are being recalled! And my cat still won't eat the new food! Please, anyone with a pet, keep current on the recalls as they seem to be adding new brands every day.

ChaCha, I love your avi

Claygasm, I think your question, "so why Clay?" is an interesting one, and one I've found myself pondering many times and I know what you mean about shaking your head because I have done that too. I never would have guessed three and a half years ago, when I first discovered that Clay had fan message boards, that I would still be so taken by this guy. He's like the Pied Piper.

Yeah hoping we hear from jmh...

why Clay? Cos he is so unpredictable...so much contradictions...he is never boring and yet he is able to surprise us and exceed our expectation. Like who would've predicted he would look so good with a full beard. Then yeah, he sings two songs we heard over and over agian...but then he adds The prayer and just delights us...

sigh...I think if his story was perfect all the time...if things just happened perfectly all the time, then it would be sooo boring.