# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

BWAH!! I always love those rumors that seem to imply that Ryan / Simon / TPTB / Clive et al spend as much time following and dissecting and paying attention to every single word that comes out of Clay's mouth as the Clay Nation does. I hate to break it to ya, but the world does not actually revolve around Clay, and all those guys probably have other things to think about from time to time. :rolleyes:

Look what I found......

image.gif

This is my favorite photo of "The Package." No way that is a fold.

post-70-1083798655.jpg

Here is a couple more things to get you in the mood for ticket buying. Two more hours people.... :Tour4:

Tampahips.gif

Did someone mention broad shoulders?

shoulders-1.jpg

shoulders.jpg

Last two. Do I need to help pay for bandwidth use? *g*

sittingdomain.jpg

purpledomain.jpg

Thank you Ansamcw for posting the high res pics for me. I think he looks great and his teeth look great.

playbiller, I used to say this all the time, still do actually. "Fuc* you and the horse you rode in on." One of my all time favorites. Hee

So Clay is on his high horse? :cryingwlaughter: I can see him doing this horse schtick if Ryan said that. I can believe Ryan would say that. However, I am with the rest of you. Show me the proof. Hard to believe if Ryan actually did say that, we didn't have access to hearing it immediately. LOL

jmh I loved that avatar you posted. I may have to steal it and put it to use. :whistling-1:

Good luck to everyone buying for Tulsa today................ :TourExcite:

Personally...It never occurred to me to look for a meaning behind the horse. Late night shows always do bizarre stunts like that. We don't often see it done with the celebrity guests cos few celebrities are willing to make themselves look silly and can get away with the schtick of going into the interview as if nothing is different. I imagine they were simply thinking of doing something absurd and all kinds of outrageous ideas were presented until they hit on the simplicity of making an entrance on a horse. As Play said...sometimes a horse is just a horse.

About Ryan...the only thing I heard him do was "make fun" of Clay's afghan garb the first time the clips came on. That was way before the IGB and I take this with a grain of salt cos unless I hear it I won't take it as a diss but may be just some friendly teasing or snark on Ryan's part. The only time I really heard anything about Clay being in his high horse was from the discussion on the boards among the fans. If there was a more public instance where some high profile person said that to Clay then I can see this being a response. Frankly...I rather like the idea that Clay was simply being absurd. I think that is very typical among guys. My hubby and his brother are always like that...doing pranks on each other or having the most absurd ridiculous conversations just for the heck of it. I think its called...having FUN!!! :allgood:

I also saw some posts criticizing Clay for trying too hard or being flamboyant...I cannot disagree more. I thought he was just being Clay. Some people are even analyzing the reason for the vest...I thought it was typical Clay!!! I did notice that the people saying this seem to be the ones that want him to concentrate on his music. I wonder if they get worried when they see Clay getting attention for being funny.

In my view ... this Kimmel is best enjoyed when its is not picked apart or analyzed. The kind of absurd comedy does not always work....Some people will get it others wont. I was a bit worried about it when the reports came in...but when I saw him came out I just CMSU...all throughout the bit I would just laugh because of the really absurd visual...For me...this would be one of the best Kimmel appearances. I do hope Clay gets to do more of this kind of comedy...he is just so good at it.

I also saw some posts criticizing Clay for trying too hard or being flamboyant...I cannot disagree more. I thought he was just being Clay. Some people are even analyzing the reason for the vest...I thought it was typical Clay!!! I did notice that the people saying this seem to be the ones that want him to concentrate on his music. I wonder if they get worried when they see Clay getting attention for being funny.

In my view ... this Kimmel is best enjoyed when its is not picked apart or analyzed. The kind of absurd comedy does not always work....Some people will get it others wont. I was a bit worried about it when the reports came in...but when I saw him came out I just CMSU...all throughout the bit I would just laugh because of the really absurd visual...For me...this would be one of the best Kimmel appearances. I do hope Clay gets to do more of this kind of comedy...he is just so good at it.

Let's hear a chorus of IYDKMBN, "you will never never know me." Too many people trying to decide what Clay should do, wear, how to cut his hair, what to sing, who should run his career, whatever. So much easier to just let him be. Do people do the same thing with their significant others? I had a friend in high school whose mother dictated everything right down to which boy she dated (and she didn't like the guy romantically speaking at all). Seemed like a huge nightmare to me.

Man, this place turned into Smut Central in the past 24 hours. I like it. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

This is my favorite photo of "The Package." No way that is a fold.

post-70-1083798655.jpg

I was at that show (Winston-Salem, NC) -- didn't get to see for real this particular shot, but I did get a similar one during the same show. I was in the third row, toward the side, and was in the same row as a lady who had signs for all the different songs he sang. He noticed her and was talking to her. At one point, he crouched, as if he was sitting on his haunches. Um, that was an image I'll NEVER forget.

playbiller, I used to say this all the time, still do actually. "Fuc* you and the horse you rode in on." One of my all time favorites. Hee

Mine too!

Bolding mine. I'd even take that one step further -- CLAY is best enjoyed when he is not picked apart or analyzed. I know that some people like thoughtful discussions about his career and such. I do from time to time as well. But for the most part -- I want my fandom to be fun, and talking endlessly about his particular thought process behind each and every action he does simply wears me out. I'd much rather let the voice and the man just wash over me every time I see him. (Actually, I'd like for him to wash me -- shower time????)

I think my favorite section of the interview is when Jimmy finally says, "I just noticed, you seem to be on a horse," and Clay does a doubletake look, as if he's just noticed it as well. Pure physical comedy -- and comedy gold, IMO. Love him.

Love those high-res pictures. That one that CGposted the link to was simply stunning.

EEEEEEEEE! Got a great seat for Tulsa! WOOHOO!!!!!

Well analyzing everything Clay is to be expected...it's been going on since Idol.

I don't think that little vest of his was just a "costume." Nothing he wears will every suprise me.

THe only thing I don't get are the comments about the audience. Now, I can understand someone who was there saying - this wasn't a typical Clay audience and letting us know how things were there live...BUT as a view at home? WTF? Sounded like the same old crazy ass Clay audience to me. I can't imagine anyone sitting at home going..hmmm they don't like that young man from any sort of audience reaction. Nor would anybody but a Clay fan say - oh on Valentine's day and in September they were louder. I actually liked that it was enthusiastic without drowning out what I turned on my tv to see. And they don't really show much audience shots so I wasn't shown some sort of disinterested audience. That one really confuzzled me.

We don't know who made the Climmel pin yet? I know we have some pin officionados that look in now and then.

So!!!! How did everyone do for tickets?

I didn't score the best I ever had but I am in the building and so ready for a Clay fix..........

I want one of those Climmel pins. Couchie did you ever find out if you had any extra FCA pins you would send me or not? :whistling-1:

I'm in a happy place right now. I just can't read the rhetoric in some threads on some boards anymore. I would be thrilled if the Kimmel audience had a lot of non OTT fans in it. I want Clay to appeal to mainstream America without his OTT fans trying to force or push him on people. I think he does that very well, whenever viewers are watching him, from home, on shows like Kimmel.

Still waiting for PROOF that Ryan dissed Ambassador Aiken...hope it's true. Because I'm petty that way...

Oh Lord. I'm in a funky mood. I need to see concert Clay. I need to hear that VOX. I need to feel that con.nek.shun that he never fails to create in person.

I need to lose 60 pounds.

I need to win the lottery.

I need to botox the lines around my mouth.

I need to find the leak that makes my floor warp whenever I wash clothes.

I need to....

yeah. that, too.

Awww, muski. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Been there, felt that - like just last weekend. Hang in there babe. Less than 2 months to go!

Bolding mine. I'd even take that one step further -- CLAY is best enjoyed when he is not picked apart or analyzed. I know that some people like thoughtful discussions about his career and such. I do from time to time as well. But for the most part -- I want my fandom to be fun, and talking endlessly about his particular thought process behind each and every action he does simply wears me out. I'd much rather let the voice and the man just wash over me every time I see him. (Actually, I'd like for him to wash me -- shower time????)

I think my favorite section of the interview is when Jimmy finally says, "I just noticed, you seem to be on a horse," and Clay does a doubletake look, as if he's just noticed it as well. Pure physical comedy -- and comedy gold, IMO. Love him.

Love those high-res pictures. That one that CGposted the link to was simply stunning.

EEEEEEEEE! Got a great seat for Tulsa! WOOHOO!!!!!

YAY for you great Tulsa seat!!! Congratulations!!!

Not over-analyzing Clay, not over analyzing the schtick, or the horse, the vest (is there hidden meaning in the vest too????????). Having your fandom just be FUN - now there's a concept! To me, there is a huge difference between thoughtful discussion and picking apart and over analyzing. I think most enjoy the thoughtful discussions. I know I do. But the picking apart and over analyzation just gets tiresome and sucks the fun out of everything.

I was actually talking about this with a good Clay friend of mine yesterday. She said people who have known me throughout my fandom are amazed that I am so positive these days about Clay, that they are amazed how I seem to just be having fun with it. Now, I am not exactly a Pollyanna type person in my real life and I don't think I ever was about my Clay life either because if I don't like something Clay wears or how he cuts his hair or the song choices he makes, I say so. If there is a difference in me now - and maybe only those who have known me throughout my fandom can tell - I think its because I have stopped over-analyzing and stopped being around negative people. I said that on another board the other day. I don't post much there anymore because there has been so much angst and negativity. That's why I came here - to escape the conspiracy theories and doom and gloom attitude. If I appear to be having more fun now I swear its because of this board and the like minded fun and Clay loving people who hang out here.

Things in my real life have never been more stressful and gloomy. I am so grateful that Clay and the fun this fandom can be gives me an escape.

So, I didn't even know that I really, really needed a gif of Clay drinking water until I found one (via the very talented gerwhisp.)

claydrink3_gerwhisp.gif

I'm frankly pissed about the purple tie since it's a clear indication that Clay is unfairly favoring the LBFCA. I thought we were the bestest board eva!! Where's our shout-out? :P

Quote: bottlecap....I'm frankly pissed about the purple tie since it's a clear indication that Clay is unfairly favoring the LBFCA. I thought we were the bestest board eva!! Where's our shout-out?

Hee! And he must have just come from the Double O Ranch, too!

I stumbled onto a thread here at FCA with recaps from Sacto IT. This one by Amber somebody struck me 'coss even though it was written 3 years ago....is there anyone reading right now who wouldn't agree with her? :whistling-1:

The rest of the concert is a bit of a blur. I'm still a bit shaky. I will say that that is the most confident man I've ever seen. He might have started with a lack of confidence, but that has been totally eliminated. A virgin? Not a chance in hell. This is an experienced man ya'll. He so knows what he's doing and he learned it quite naturally. He knows what he does to many of us and he likes it. Good in bed? I can guarantee it. He's a take charge, we're gonna do it my way kind of guy, sometimes gentle and sometimes not, but still thoughtful and caring. The demand will be sky-high, but so will the reward. I know this. Clay made me see the light and now I understand. I never thought he was so innocent before, but now I see I was still way off. I am so his bitch.

Claygasm - sorry life is so bad - been there, done that - been called negative most of my life - where I thought I was just preparing for all options - for example - when not health insured for one day - was very limited in what I did - now I am insured and I am going to run out and do a million things this afternoon!!! My insurance may suck, but I know the doctor in the HMO and they are not bad, not great, but not bad - AND.... I do get an opportunity to tell him to change his mother's address because I am tired of receiving her mail and maybe he will listen this time since I am a patient - hee. Just keep thinking - this too shall pass. Maybe I will invite you to the beach after I get the repairs done and you can relax for a weekend. LBI rocks - but you have to like dogs and small, very small, places.

Ldyjocelyn - you stole my post - I was just too slow. Tired of picking everything apart - that is not the same as discussing - it is the same as being annoying - so I just scroll and scroll and live my life and let others do the picking.

I was very depressed about politics when I came into this fandom and it is purely for fun - that is it's only purpose. Clay is far more successful than me, so I figure he knows what he is doing - the only thing he really needs help with is buying things and voting. And that is what I do. The scroll key if your friend - also general non-Clay boards give a bit of perspective. My more serious entertainment is pointing out the foolishness of fan wars and that you can not like someone's voice without tearing them apart personally. (I do admit somethings do sound nasty - but really when someone claims something they are not or a fan gets something wrong, I just try to present the facts - people don't always like the facts.

FYI off topic With touring coming up - here is a good site to look up local gas prices <- heh, not my zipcode

Edited by playbiller

LOL thanks for that Play...some friends and I were just discussing gas prices. They must be a week or so old because I wish my gas station had gas for 3.37. It's up to 3.43 now. Sigh. I might start walking to work.

I am woman, hear me ROAR! :dancingbanana:

I speak to you as a survivor.

Last night there were five 11 year old girls in my house---eating junk food, being silly and spilling things in the living room. THen they inflated two humongous beds and had a sleepover. Kenny and I only had to go downstairs three times after 1 am to tell them to go to sleep. All but one girl has been reclaimed by her parents. I await the fourth and last adult to whisk her away and then it's off to watch my older girl kick butt on the soccer field.

No doubt Carrie will snooze in the sun on the sidelines---she says she and her friends didn't go to sleep until 4 am.

Sounds like one of my Clayfriends overnights....heh.

Later, peeps! :F_05BL17blowkiss: :TourExcite:

Well its my turn then...we are currently awaiting the arrival of 15 to 20...14 and 12 year olds. My Sammi's birthday party...she usually just asks 3 to 4 girlfriends to sleep over...this year she invited all her class so that includes the boys...sigh...I hope they only want to play games outside and no disappearing into closets or spin the bottle games...the scary part since last night every time the phone rings she asks me if she can invite someone else....sigh. Good thing my hubby is just buying pizza for everyone...so no need to cook for me. They are out of here by 8...and 3 girls stay for sleep over.

so wish me luck!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ya'll want props for handling 20 kids... oh pulease. Look at my day. I'm going to play around on the computer a bit...then go watch the NBA game...run a few errands, come back and watch the second NBA game...maybe snooze a bit on the sofa. Now THAT is demanding. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ha! Got you all beat! My husband and I walked with 20,000 of our closest friends in the Race for the Cure here in central Illinois. This area hosted one of the first RFTC's back in 1986, and it's still going strong today. It helped that we had a gorgeous day to walk -- 60 degrees or so in the morning, so it was a bit chilly, but a beautiful sunshiny day.

And now, I just got finished planting impatiens in my flower bed. This week -- the vegetables get planted (I hope!)

I'm frankly pissed about the purple tie since it's a clear indication that Clay is unfairly favoring the LBFCA. I thought we were the bestest board eva!! Where's our shout-out?

I agree! Maybe we need to come up with our own "color." Wait -- I know! Our own special "word." I nominate "spring."

*g*

You want demanding??

I slept until almost noon. Then I watched some TV while I played on the computer. Then I took a walk, came home, took a shower and am now watching the baseball game. I think I may have to lay down on the sofa and take a nap later. I have a activity filled evening ahead too. I plan to watch a movie in the comfort of my own home. I love Netflix!

Oh, I meant to mention that I watched Kelly on Kimmel last night. Her hair was short - like chin length - and looked adorable. But can you imagine? They talked about Kelly's career and CD and life and NOT Clay!!! Well! I guess neither of them are TRUE friends of Clay's! <snark>

And one more thing..... I really, really do not think that Angela is one Kelly's back-up singers.

How was her interview with Jimmy? Did they have a long segment???

I just watched Kelly's interview with Jimmy. Some highlights: She performs barefooted because she likes to feel the music through her feet; she talked about her older brother who wants her to date an athlete so he can get good tickets to sporting events; her CD is now coming out on June 26th because she told her record company that the people coming to her tour should be able to hear the songs before they come. [To which I say: the rumormongering and spinning and apparent behind the scenes turmoil involved in this release is kind of fascinating. Whatever, dude.] Jimmy pimped her involvement in the Al Gore concert or whatever it is on 7/7/07 a couple of times and mentioned her tickets going on sale tomorrow.

Kelly sang on the outside stage: "Never Again" (which I hate and makes me roll my eyes) and "Walk Away" from the last CD.

It was a nice appearance, even though Kelly was wearing an odd top that made me think: "What exactly is going on with that?", so I'd say the styling issues are ongoing.

Ha! Got you all beat! My husband and I walked with 20,000 of our closest friends in the Race for the Cure here in central Illinois. This area hosted one of the first RFTC's back in 1986, and it's still going strong today. It helped that we had a gorgeous day to walk -- 60 degrees or so in the morning, so it was a bit chilly, but a beautiful sunshiny day.

Thanks for doing that! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ugh got tulsa tickets..WHILE holding a garage sale....not fun...seats are not good...why do I never have good luck and some always do???

oh well still cant wait to go!!!!!!!

Thanks for doing that! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ugh got tulsa tickets..WHILE holding a garage sale....not fun...seats are not good...why do I never have good luck and some always do???

oh well still cant wait to go!!!!!!!

Where are you sitting? Mine weren't the best either, but not too bad. Section B Row N Seat 7

Well my day was tough too. I sat on my arse on this computer for the most part. First getting ticket stress this morning. Then answering PM's and emails. Going to this board and that. Yuck. I should never leave here. Spent time on the phone talking with my friend. Then my sis called to wish me a late happy birthday. Let's see what else. Oh I cleaned myself up, brushed my teeth and washed my hair. Shaved my legs. I now have a load of clothes in the dryer and am getting ready to go make a milkshake........ Whew. I'm tired.

Edited by Clayzorback

And one more thing..... I really, really do not think that Angela is one Kelly's back-up singers.

If you've got it on tape, check out the last shot before the end of the show. That's Angela.

long segment?

Yes. Didn't you see the Rhode Island pics on the last page?

Exciting soccer game. The wind was unfreakin' real. Being the sissy I am, I sat in the car to watch. (Carrie crawled into the back of my soccer mom van and went to sleep..heh.) Other team was really physical and had the wind at their backs. Scored 2. Second half, though, we had the wind and ended up winning 3-2, with Alex scoring two of them! :rainbowsmile:

All of your reports on your tough days...now, you guys be CAREful out there! Don't overdo it!

What's going on for Mother's Day for those of you who qualify? :medium-smiley-070:

In our family...mother and father days are really non holidays. I do call my mom, but my hubby really does not do anything even for his own mom. The girls will sometimes make something for us. But usually its just like any other day.

Bottle thanks for the kelly recap. I am really interested to see how her CD goes. It seems that even if she made RCA lots of money she is still not getting full support for her own compositions. Would be interesting to see if the change in date means she gave in on some of RCA's demands. Apparently her single is floundering in the radio charts. I wonder if RCA is keeping payola back this time. Major labels give an artist some leg up but they are also pretty demanding.