The craziness that is Texas (and Tulsa)

I see where they serve Starbucks coffee ... but I need to know where the real Starbucks is for my Venti Sugar-Free Vanilla Latte, Breve, Extra Shot, Extra Hot.

ETA: Nevermind, I'm probably not going to have $5 left by that Sunday morning!

Hey Clayzor ... bet you missed this part in small print at the bottom: Note: Effective May 21, 2007 the hotels' swimming pool will be closed for full renovation for at least 60 days.

Edited by keepingfaith

Well sons 'e bitch.....No hot tub for me? Waaahaaaa I missed that closing of the pool part.

keepingfaith, I think you are just too high maintenance, with all those specialty coffee instructions. I, on the other hand, am perfectly fine with my instant International Coffee. "Belgium Chocolate" or my "Chai Latte" Three heaping teaspoons in a cup of hot water................... :cryingwlaughter:

Yeah, well...that was the other muski I was referring to who's going to board a plane on July 6th. Personally, I'm gonna be inside an airconditioned music hall listening and getting all slippery giddy watching my boyfriend, Clay Aiken. Maybe I'll see a few of y'all there. :lilredani:

OK

July 3rd - arriving at IAH at 2:35 - maybe - every time I have arrived in Houston, on my way to somewhere,, but always seeming to end up in Houston - it is at like 2 AM because of flight delays. - I don't think anyone should meet me at the airport - the whole reason for arriving a day early is I don't trust weather. -

Anyway,I will get a room near the airport that has a shuttle and near a highway so I can be picked up easily for the Houston to Dallas convoy - any suggestions of a highway to be near?

July 4th through 5th, accepting the kind off of the eHP and Sugrbrgr

July 5th being dropped off at the Hyatt, where I will be sharing a room with someone from the CH.

July 7th - IAH to go home - Either take a shuttle with others going to Tulsa or the hotel concierege said they have a van for not much money. We will see, I can always take the bus, it looks like an express bus to the airport stops near the hotel, supposed to take 1/2 hour.

I just need to determine how much cash I want on me, vs charge cards. I live by my charge cards right now.

I must ask some detailed questions here as the day is drawing nigh. Not trying to be difficult, but there are so many unknowns still and I'm getting kinda skeered. :scream:

OK.

This is what I understand so far:

July 4: Solo, Scarlett, KAndre, merrieeee, Playbiller, keepingfaith drive to Frisco in two cars. PerusingOne is flying into DFW, ldyjocelyn and Claygasm are flying into Love. ldyjocelyn and Claygasm are staying at a hotel - the rest of us are staying with sugrbugr.

This is all true, but Claygasm and I need to know something: will there be a ride available for us from Hobby to the hotel (Hampton Inn) in Frisco? Or are we on our own? Merriee and keepingfaith, I have your Frisco tix! When do we do the exchange? Where are you guys sleeping and how are you getting there? Ldyjocelyn, where are YOU staying and when do you get into Hobby?
We are all going to the soccer game.
Yes, are we all going to go together or just arrange a meeting place? Are carpools already determined? Is there room for me and Claygasm?
Only some of us will watch.
Depends on the beverages available.
We will make a mad dash for the field.
Perhaps, but since I'm already in the front row, I might skip this part.
90 minutes of ecstasy later, we head to our erstwhile lodgings.
Ah, yes...and again I'm trying to find out just what options there are for transportation to said lodgings.

July 5: Solo, Scarlett, KAndre, merrieeee, Playbiller, keepingfaith, PerusingOne, ldyjocelyn, Claygasm and sugrbugr all drive back to Houston - either before or after sugrbugr's party - and we crash at merrieeee's house, except for those who have hotels.
Where is sugrbugr's party and did my invitation get lost in the mail? I don't think I've met her and wonder just how welcome Claygasm and I would be. AND how we'd get there. AND how many people can fit in how many cars for the ride to Houston. (Even though I'll only have ONE check-in bag, I swear!) And since you guys are going to merriee's house and I don't know where that is, I wonder how Claygasm and I will get from "a ride to Houston" to the downtown Hyatt.??? :scream:

July 6: Pre party that starts at 3.
Where is this preparty? Is it at the Hyatt? If so, yippee! :TourExcite:
Concert that starts at 7.
We can walk to the concert, right?
After party
Where?.
psycho eHP people head for Tulsa (Solo, Scarlett, KAndre, merrieeee, PerusingOne, ldyjocelyn?, Claygasm?)
I know for a fact, no Claygasm to Tulsa. We'll head back to our room in the Hyatt to sleep off whatever it is we do after the concert. Our flights don't leave Hobby until mid afternoon on the 7th! :TourExcite:

HELP?

I must ask some detailed questions here as the day is drawing nigh. Not trying to be difficult, but there are so many unknowns still and I'm getting kinda skeered. :scream:

July 4: Solo, Scarlett, KAndre, merrieeee, Playbiller, keepingfaith drive to Frisco in two cars. PerusingOne is flying into DFW, ldyjocelyn and Claygasm are flying into Love. ldyjocelyn and Claygasm are staying at a hotel - the rest of us are staying with sugrbugr.

This is all true, but Claygasm and I need to know something: will there be a ride available for us from Hobby to the hotel (Hampton Inn) in Frisco? Or are we on our own? Merriee and keepingfaith, I have your Frisco tix! When do we do the exchange? Where are you guys sleeping and how are you getting there? Ldyjocelyn, where are YOU staying and when do you get into Hobby?

OK, Hobby is in Houston - You're flying into Love, right? What time do you get into Love? It'll take us about 4 hours to drive to Dallas/Frisco - Perusing One is waiting for us at the airport - depending on what time you get there, we can wait on us or take a cab to your hotel. If we don't see you at the airport, we will see you at your hotel, and get tickets and stuff.

Yes, are we all going to go together or just arrange a meeting place? Are carpools already determined? Is there room for me and Claygasm?

Since everyone has other people's tickets, I think we will meet up before hand, probably at sugrbugr's. Car pools have not be determined but at the last head count, there was room for all.

Ah, yes...and again I'm trying to find out just what options there are for transportation to said lodgings.

We should be able to drop you off back at your hotel.

July 5: Solo, Scarlett, KAndre, merrieeee, Playbiller, keepingfaith, PerusingOne, ldyjocelyn, Claygasm and sugrbugr all drive back to Houston - either before or after sugrbugr's party - and we crash at merrieeee's house, except for those who have hotels.

Where is sugrbugr's party and did my invitation get lost in the mail? I don't think I've met her and wonder just how welcome Claygasm and I would be. AND how we'd get there. AND how many people can fit in how many cars for the ride to Houston. (Even though I'll only have ONE check-in bag, I swear!) And since you guys are going to merriee's house and I don't know where that is, I wonder how Claygasm and I will get from "a ride to Houston" to the downtown Hyatt.??? :scream:

Sugrbugr already knows about you - there is an open invitation at the CH (check the Meerkat Meets thread) - and you are very welcome. We will take you there since all we know it that it's somewhere by Dallas. We are planning on sending all luggage back to Houston with sugrbugr (yes, we are just abusing her. That's why we love her.) Merrieeee's house is north of Houston therefore we have to pass it going to the Houston anyhoo. There will be lots o'cars at Merrieeee, and I can drop you off at the Hyatt on the way to my house. We are just going to merrieee's to get party stuff.

Now I'm just gonna thump you. It's the preconcert party we've been planning just for the last few MONTHS -

you know in the Houston tour thread at the CH and the thread here in Ticket Info where you posted a smart ass remark? Birraporetti's? Big purple fonts?

<Sigh> You know, we actually posted maps, right. Yep. Really pretty ones. Birraporretti's about a block away from Jones Hall.

After party

Where?

You know, the Hyatt? Where you and about a billion other Clay fans are staying?

psycho eHP people head for Tulsa (Solo, Scarlett, KAndre, merrieeee, PerusingOne, ldyjocelyn?, Claygasm?)
I know for a fact, no Claygasm to Tulsa. We'll head back to our room in the Hyatt to sleep off whatever it is we do after the concert. Our flights don't leave Hobby until mid afternoon on the 7th! :TourExcite:

I know I love ya, right. Just before I thump you a little. Just a little.

OK, Hobby is in Houston - You're flying into Love, right? What time do you get into Love? It'll take us about 4 hours to drive to Dallas/Frisco - Perusing One is waiting for us at the airport - depending on what time you get there, we can wait on us or take a cab to your hotel. If we don't see you at the airport, we will see you at your hotel, and get tickets and stuff.

Oh. Right. They actually called me to tell me about moving Hobby from Dallas to Houston, but the post it I wrote the message on got drowned when my water heater blew. I'll get into Love (ooh, I like the sound of that) about an hour before CG, but I'll wait patiently (as is my trademark way of spending time). She arrives around 3:25, right CG? So there will be two women EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ing at Love airport around 4 pm or so, I think.

Since everyone has other people's tickets, I think we will meet up before hand, probably at sugrbugr's. Car pools have not be determined but at the last head count, there was room for all.
Right. So sugrbugr's party is via the CH. I remember that some CH people are staying at the Hampton Inn, where CG and I are staying...

Now I'm just gonna thump you. It's the preconcert party we've been planning just for the last few MONTHS -

you know in the Houston tour thread at the CH and the thread here in Ticket Info where you posted a smart ass remark? Birraporetti's? Big purple fonts?

Thump away! As long as you get Clay to kiss my boo boos.

I know I love ya, right. Just before I thump you a little. Just a little.
Heh. see previous comment. :hubbahubba:

See!?!? The airport system tries to keep you up to date on these airports just wandering off from city to city but noooooo, you let real life get in the way...

Hell, we'll be in the area long before you - we just have to figure out when Perusing One is touching down...

No Clay kissing of boo-boos - Clay and I believe in TOUGH love, thank you very much - and I'm letting him practice on me first. Ha HA!

Glad I'm not the only one!

Just to attempt to clear up some confusion, to the best of my knowledge, ldyjocelyn is NOT going to Frisco. She is flying into Houston on July 5th so we'll catch up with her then.

I acually am landing at Hobby! Of course, I am only changing planes there to get to Love (in more than one way!)..... :whistling-1:

There better be! I am too tired to walk!

We should be able to drop you off back at your hotel.

Sugrbugr already knows about you - there is an open invitation at the CH (check the Meerkat Meets thread) - and you are very welcome. We will take you there since all we know it that it's somewhere by Dallas.

**Sniff** Some of us aren't members of the CH. Are lowly outsiders welcomed? Will I be forced to serve the Meers? Will I be forced to sit outside at the curb until the party is finished? Will I be the designated driver so the others can get blotto?

(And see above note about ldyj NOT being in Dallas....)

We are planning on sending all luggage back to Houston with sugrbugr (yes, we are just abusing her. That's why we love her.) Merrieeee's house is north of Houston therefore we have to pass it going to the Houston anyhoo. There will be lots o'cars at Merrieeee, and I can drop you off at the Hyatt on the way to my house. We are just going to merrieee's to get party stuff.

Just as long as no one stuffs me in the trunk. I tend to get car sick when I'm stuffed in trunks!

<Sigh> You know, we actually posted maps, right. Yep. Really pretty ones. Birraporretti's about a block away from Jones Hall.

After party

Where?

You know, the Hyatt? Where you and about a billion other Clay fans are staying?

Gee, even out of it me knew about this! Must be that very rapidly advancing age, right muski? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh. Right. They actually called me to tell me about moving Hobby from Dallas to Houston, but the post it I wrote the message on got drowned when my water heater blew.

BWAH! It must be because of the floods in Dallas, right?

I'll get into Love (ooh, I like the sound of that) about an hour before CG, but I'll wait patiently (as is my trademark way of spending time). She arrives around 3:25, right CG? So there will be two women EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ing at Love airport around 4 pm or so, I think.

I'll be there at 3:25pm, Southwest willing!

Um, and maybe several of us should exchange cell numbers?????

I can't believe its almost Clay time!!! Now that I have almost single-handedly hauled out over 30 years of crap and closed down our business, I am ready to PAR-TAY!!!!

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

CG is right -- I'm not going to be in Frisco. *sob* I arrive at IAH about 11:30 a.m. on July 5, where HeidiHo will be waiting for me. As far as I know, we have NOTHING planned for that evening in Houston. Suggestions welcome. *g*

On the 6th, Heidi and I will drag our sorry asses out of bed about noon or so (heh) and then eventually make it to the preparty. Then, we walk to the show....and then promptly die, only to be resurrected to party again. Actually, that's not quite true -- we'll party for a bit, and then I meet up with keepingfaith and sister for a bit of travel, and then we'll try to sleep. HAHA. And then on to Tulsa!

I have CG's and muski's cell phone numbers, if I remember correctly. I think I may also have KAndre's as well.

We are going to be at my place, after we get back from Frisco. If you want to come over you are welcome to. We might talk about the concert so be warned. Heck we WILL talk about the concert!

ETA:We can certainly figure a way to get you!

Edited by merrieeee

merrieee, I'll have to check with Heidi and see. I think we're both going to try and go unspoiled for Houston...and also, we will not have a car, I don't believe. So, someone will have to come get us at the Hyatt!

ldyjocelyn, you have my cell number too, right?

After returning from Dallas to merrieeee's, I have to pass by downtown when I go home so I can easily give someone or two or three a ride to the Hyatt. Downtown is my stomping grounds these days anyway.

Going from North to South in the Houston area .....

my sister's house

merrieeee's house

IAH

Downtown

Hobby

my house

Now Houston is big remember ... it takes about an hour from merrieeee's house to my house, with downtown about mid-distant from both.

As far as which highway near IAH is preferable to traveling between all these spots .... that would be I-45, which is also the road to Dallas.

play, Heidi and I will be at the Hyatt on the 5th, Heidi will be there on the 6th too I think.

keepingfaith, yes I have your cell too. The problem with your plan is that Heidi and I will probably go from IAH to the hotel to settle in and such. So, you'd have to pick us up from the Hyatt to get to the party at merrieee's, and then take us home again. Maybe we can call you on your cell when we get in?

OK, all eHP people and people hanging out with the eHP who will be in Houston tomorrow evening -

We are doing shoe shopping at DSW in the Galleria area and then dinner at the Daily Grill in the Galleria around 8 pm. C'mon!

ldyjocelyn, you have my cell number too, right?

After returning from Dallas to merrieeee's, I have to pass by downtown when I go home so I can easily give someone or two or three a ride to the Hyatt. Downtown is my stomping grounds these days anyway.

Going from North to South in the Houston area .....

my sister's house

merrieeee's house

IAH

Downtown

Hobby

my house

Now Houston is big remember ... it takes about an hour from merrieeee's house to my house, with downtown about mid-distant from both.

As far as which highway near IAH is preferable to traveling between all these spots .... that would be I-45, which is also the road to Dallas.

I know muski and I will need to get to the Hyatt. Hell, I'm still holding my breath that we'll get to Houston and don't get left behind!

Anyway, play, muski and I are staying at the Hyatt the 5th and 6th.

Hey Ldyj - if you want to be unspoiled, does this mean when we finally meet we can't say one word about the concert????

Hey Ldyj - if you want to be unspoiled, does this mean when we finally meet we can't say one word about the concert????

Good question! I really don't know how to feel about that. I'm gonna want to know everything of course, but sometimes it's good to know nothing. I'm going to say that you can probably talk about somethings in general terms, and maybe even the song list -- but no specifics.

Helpful, no? Heh.

Good question! I really don't know how to feel about that. I'm gonna want to know everything of course, but sometimes it's good to know nothing. I'm going to say that you can probably talk about somethings in general terms, and maybe even the song list -- but no specifics.

Helpful, no? Heh.

Well, if muski or I start to say something you don't want to hear, you can always stick your fingers in your ears and go "I can't hear you!"!

Well, if muski or I start to say something you don't want to hear, you can always stick your fingers in your ears and go "I can't hear you!"!

Uh...shure. Like two little fingers would stop her from hearing one of US! :cryingwlaughter:

Well, I think hanging at merrieee's sounds good...then if keepingfaith can put up with us, CG and I would love a ride to the Hyatt... :lilredani:

Good thing my suitcase has wheels...all the transferring from plane to car to hotel to car to car to hotel to...

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! :allgood::DoClay::DoClay: :TourExcite:

Uh...shure. Like two little fingers would stop her from hearing one of US! :cryingwlaughter:

What ever do you mean? We are both very quiet and subdued.....

Well, I think hanging at merrieee's sounds good...then if keepingfaith can put up with us, CG and I would love a ride to the Hyatt... :lilredani:

Good thing my suitcase has wheels...all the transferring from plane to car to hotel to car to car to hotel to...

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! :allgood::DoClay::DoClay: :TourExcite:

Hey, can we still fit in a visit to the House of Pies????

Edited by Claygasm