July 25, Gilford NH

Angela is singing, so I guess she's better.

I do love her version of this song!

Me too...the duet was a treat but she does sing this song so well and is the more emotionally authentic.

Ok, you guys can have Angela come over and sing it for you, Clay can come over with Quiana and sing it for me.

I may be alone, but I was not blown away by Clay and Quiana's duet. I mean, he looked pretty singing it and vocally they sounded good, but IMO it just lacked something Angela's has - that raw emotion, that passion. Clay and Quiana sang it, but IMO Angela not only sang it - she felt it.

I guess I am not one who believes anything Clay sings is better than anything anyone else sings.

Now, if we're going to talk about who looks better singing it, well.... Angela is a beautiful woman, but damn.

Clay looked quite fine in those jeans! :hubbahubba:

ETA: I hate glow sticks. I always felt they would make Clay dizzy - watching those lights go back and forth.

Although they do look pretty in pictures....

Edited by Claygasm

OMG..the next time I listen to a concert...it will be LIVE!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I can top that!

I get to see the next 5 concerts LIVE!!!

I just realized that! There is that break between Newark and California!

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Clay times 5!!! Yeah for me! :Tour3: :DoClay:

I may be alone, but I was not blown away by Clay and Quiana's duet. I mean, he looked pretty singing it and vocally they sounded good, but IMO it just lacked something Angela's has - that raw emotion, that passion. Clay and Quiana sang it, but IMO Angela not only sang it - she felt it.

I guess I am not one who believes anything Clay sings is better than anything anyone else sings.

Now, if we're going to talk about who looks better singing it, well.... Angela is a beautiful woman, but damn.

ETA: I hate glow sticks. I always felt they would make Clay dizzy - watching those lights go back and forth.

He's always seemed to appreciate them (the glow sticks)

And I don't automatically prefer everything Clay sings, but once again Clack doesn't do justice to the duet. It was quite wonderful in person.

I don;t think I have seen anybody say Clay sang it better than Angela...it was clear that they wouldn't have the emotion of the song since its the first time they will be singing it together. What I found amazing is how well they worked together. I just love how Clay totally committed his voice to that song...no holding back...he was swept by the music with Quiana. this is really just one of those once in a lifetime experience.

post concert report...

brandi is going on and on about how sexy he was cos he is so sweaty...

she needs a cigarette after that.

I don't think it's fair to compare a rehearsed performance with a spontaneous, on-the-fly performance like the one Clay and Quiana did last night. That song is hard, and just remembering the words, working out the harmonies, who would sing when, and all that stuff is bound to take away from the kind of expression you can achieve when the other stuff is solid and you don't have to think about it.

This is what we heard in the report at CV:

Glowsticks: when he saw the glowsticks his eyes lit up, and when he was leaving he gave the biggest sweetest glowsticks, there were about 1000 glowsticks, the look on his face was priceless.

MORE: At least a thousand glowsticks. The look on his face was priceless and he gave the biggest smile to the audience as he was leaving. this will be forever known as "the Bug Show"!

Caro

Edited by Carolina Clay

Where is the pants report??????

There wasn't one, so maybe he's not wearing any.

:hubbahubba: BWAH!

:Tour3:

:DoClay:

I swear again, bottle! You're keeping me on the floor today!

Hmm...that's hot.(tm ParisHilton)

heh.

the bugs ae just hilarious...the thing that went flying into him was like tsnoopy as the red baron and he is just running around going oh god...

and they were going they are in my shirt...

and he said I know we keep going on about it but its sooo bad.

he had the rivet jeans

bwah she is so funny...she said she noticed it as he lifted his shirt in the she thinks my tractor's sexy...and its like ...bling...hee

Sorry I criticized a Clay concert performance. You would think I would learn! :rolleyes:

And cindilu2, I completely agree about the difference between seeing it live and in Clack. There is no comparison. Seeing it live is always better.

Sort of like when some of us who were there didn't like some of the Frisco stuff.

Remember?

just before the SSTBTHW...there was a huge bug thats liek a bird and that is why people would scream or laugh during slow words.

he changed the words for 1999 and added somethign about mosquito

without you...sounded a bit different

he has a great voice ...considering the heat and the bugs

did not go to the audeince but lots of hilarious dancing...

the MJ hee hee...he tries this move with his ahnds that he really can;t do...its hilarious.

just before the SSTBTHW...there was a huge bug thats liek a bird and that is why people would scream or laugh during slow words.

he changed the words for 1999 and added somethign about mosquito

without you...sounded a bit different

he has a great voice ...considering the heat and the bugs

did not go to the audeince but lots of hilarious dancing...

the MJ hee hee...he tries this move with his ahnds that he really can;t do...its hilarious.

Sorry I criticized a Clay concert performance. You would think I would learn! :rolleyes:

And cindilu2, I completely agree about the difference between seeing it live and in Clack. There is no comparison. Seeing it live is always better.

Sort of like when some of us who were there didn't like some of the Frisco stuff.

Remember?

Hey, I've been going on and on in the main thread about how I thought MOAM was the highlight of the Michigan show, and that Listen didn't necessarily do it for me. Listen just has better PR. :wordpooper:

Remember?

Awww of course you can criticize ...I can just disagree... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I don't think it's fair to compare a rehearsed performance with a spontaneous, on-the-fly performance like the one Clay and Quiana did last night. That song is hard, and just remembering the words, working out the harmonies, who would sing when, and all that stuff is bound to take away from the kind of expression you can achieve when the other stuff is solid and you don't have to think about it.

Exactly, jmh, pulling that off the way they did really demonstrated skill and guts on both of their parts. I think it says a lot that Jesse was looking for QClack immediately after the show. But I'll admit to being one of the kool-aid crowd, I like just about anything that Clay sings better than who ever else has sung it. There are a few exceptions for me, but very few.

There's nothing wrong with criticizing anything in the world you want to, but likewise there's nothing wrong with expressing a different opinion.

There's nothing wrong with criticizing anything in the world you want to, but likewise there's nothing wrong with expressing a different opinion.

I totally agree. Too bad not everyone seems to know that.

Oh what the fuck. Some just have one set of rules for themselves and another for others when it comes to forming opinions about Clay. I just have to remember that.

Count me as one who appreciates a good jam. To hear Clay and Quiana lay it down without rehearsing, just going on instinct, made it exciting and ultimately extremely satifying for me. Too often these impromptu efforts are not up to par, but I thought they both rose above the occasion. Loved it.

As far as MOAM is concerned, he has sung the insides out of that song every night. MOAM was meant to be sung with an orchestra and Clay gives it everything every single night.

Don't get me started on Without You ...... that one is blowing my mind.

I intentionally didn't listen to RHW tonight on the cellcert. I want to wait and watch the Clack. I want to see him sing it. I just hope he wasn't so busy swatting mosquitoes he was distracted. I always believed that Clay would open the show this tour with either Right Here Waiting or Here You Come Again. So now he's opening both halves with these songs. I can't wait to watch RHW!

No matter how well or deceptively CLACK represents a concert experience, it just ain't the same. That's just the truth, IMO. If a song blows you away when you're actually there, it's because not only does he sound amazing, but the buzz in the air, the nuances of things you can see and hear that might not make it in the videographer's scope, the FEELING that has already built up from previous songs, etc.---it all adds up to the unique experience that is being there with Clay and all those other people enraptured with the man.

I can certainly understand (as I said earlier) that MOAM was special in Sterling Heights.....I wish I could see a version of it that shows the whole stage---I'd like to watch Q and A and the faces of some of the orchestra members, etc....He did sound wonderful and I LOVED the pounding of the fists on the (thud) thighs... But I really think that unless I WAS there, I can't appreciate it like those who were, so I'll defer to their assessments.

Along the same reasoning, sometimes the CLACK might be viewed and received better by those not able to attend than a concertgoer actually experienced it---because of whatever filters each person might have or because certain onsite distractions or realities weren't captured on film. I think of Frisco---most of the CLACK showed Clay on stage and some of the people right up front. So much of what else was going on in the stadium didn't translate, but for some of us actually THERE, the distractions along with the lousy sound system, the less-than-stellar orchestra, the crappy jumbotron shots, etc.---all added up to really affect our enjoyment or appreciation of the actual singing. (Personally, though, even when I listened to some of hte Clack from that night, I cringed at many of the notes that Clay sorta hit...I still think he was off vocally that night and my next concert experience in Houston only confirmed my opinion of Frisco because his voice was so amazing there.)

Damn...I'm talking a lot... :wordpooper:

Bottom line for me? The person AT the venue has a more 'authentic' perspective about the overall impression of a performance than someone experiencing it solely from CLACK.

Now...were the jeans tight? :hubbahubba: