#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

thinking again...comparing Houston to Knoxville...Knoxville still comes out on top because Clay was large and in charge and was comfortable enough with his voice and the songs to play with them beautifully. Houston is still a strong second because I was fortunate enough to sit where I could appreciate the wonder of world class symphony backing a world class vocalist. I don't mind stuck-up if you can back it up. And when he really, literally totally fucked up The Way You Make Me Feel - before it turned into a schtick - that was so much a part of the Clay I know and love - to make that work for him. I liked the Houston party better too, but not much better than the Melting Pot. And since the reservations were in Solo's name and I didn't see the manager taking pictures of us when we left (though he DID make sure we actually left the premises), we should be able to go back! Maybe.

Dragging over from the CH:

New Christmas Date. Warner Theatre in Washington DC.

On Sale August 24 At 10:00am - Click Here To Purchase Tickets

CLAY AIKEN SYMPHONIC CHRISTMAS 2007

WITH THE CHELSEA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

Presented by HK Entertainment

'Twill be the season when Clay Aiken, who first won the hearts of millions of Americans as the runner up on FOX TV's American Idol, brings his unique holiday concert with the 45 piece Chelsea Symphony Orchestra to the Warner Theatre!

Aiken's debut CD, "Measure of a Man," went to No. 1 on the Billboard album chart and was certified Triple Platinum. His second release, "Merry Christmas with Love," was the best-selling holiday album of 2004. Featuring performances of "O, Holy Night," "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)," "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," "Silent Night," and other Christmas classics, it also went platinum. His third album, "A Thousand Different Ways," featuring 4 new songs with 10 versions of well-known songs from the '70s, '80s and '90s was released last year.

Don't miss this opportunity to get yourself into the holiday spirit!

I wouldn't mind doing D.C.

me neither..although Dec 2 is a little early for Xmas for me. And wow, those tickets are expensive. I wish we had a full list before I buy a ticket...but that may be a little much to hope for. Sooooo...where are the eHP going. LOL I wanna go.

ETA I was also hoping for concerts toward the end of Dec as my company virtually shuts down for the last two weeks of the year.

Washington, DC on Dec. 2nd? So where will he be on Dec. 1st? That is the question I want answered......becoss I am hoping to turn Kalamazoo into a twofer.

I just went back to the day I left (last Wednesday) and read a bunch of recaps that I'd missed. I have to give props to Kandre, couchie and Scarlett for some great entertainment! And Scarlett, you are sooooo right, Lick's is the bomb. I always go there when I go back to my old town, since they don't have one here. But to compare it to Bojangles? Hee, sacrilege!

ETA: couchie, come to Merrillville! Dec. 22nd, baybee.....you know you wanna. ldyjocelyn, cindilu2 et moi will be there. ;)

Edited by lickiest1

Dragging over from the CH:

New Christmas Date. Warner Theatre in Washington DC.

On Sale August 24 At 10:00am - Click Here To Purchase Tickets

CLAY AIKEN SYMPHONIC CHRISTMAS 2007

WITH THE CHELSEA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

Presented by HK Entertainment

'Twill be the season when Clay Aiken, who first won the hearts of millions of Americans as the runner up on FOX TV's American Idol, brings his unique holiday concert with the 45 piece Chelsea Symphony Orchestra to the Warner Theatre!

Aiken's debut CD, "Measure of a Man," went to No. 1 on the Billboard album chart and was certified Triple Platinum. His second release, "Merry Christmas with Love," was the best-selling holiday album of 2004. Featuring performances of "O, Holy Night," "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)," "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," "Silent Night," and other Christmas classics, it also went platinum. His third album, "A Thousand Different Ways," featuring 4 new songs with 10 versions of well-known songs from the '70s, '80s and '90s was released last year.

Don't miss this opportunity to get yourself into the holiday spirit!

Well pooh! He is doing so many near me and yet so far because of this pesky job I can't go to any! If this just weren't a Sunday where I would have to get back for work on Monday.....

Then again, I could still stay over and just get up early. If I left around 7am....

Too risky, damn it!

Oh well, I can be patient. ***Taps foot impatiently...***

Speaking of that pesky job, better get back to it.

So I think this is the complete list, as far as we know it. Still a few gaps that could fill in.

Nov 26 - Wichita, KS

Nov 28 - South Bend, IN

Nov 29 - Waukegan, IL

Nov 30 - Kalamazoo, MI

Dec 2 - Washington, DC

Dec 3 - Easton, PA (rumour only?)

Dec 4 - Wilkes-Barre, PA

Dec 6 - New Brunswick, NJ

Dec 7 - Albany, NY

Dec 9 - Uncasville, CT

Dec 11 - Red Bank, NJ

Dec 13 - Morristown, NJ

Dec 19 - Minneapolis, MN

Dec 20 - Minneapolis, MN

Dec 22 - Merrillville, IN

I believe Jenna mentioned doing a "tour book" for htis tour awhile back. I like the idea so we can toss it around to see if something is feasible. Perhaps it can be more of a tour keepsake/FCA yearbook type thingie. Just a couple of things to look forward to between this tour and the next one. Any ideas welcome.

Umm... I don't think that was my idea, but it might be a fun one.

The list looks like it's filling out. There may not be many more dates announced, but of course, something new always seems to pop up right after you buy tickets.

(Sigh!) It looks like I'll be sitting out the Christmas tour again this year. Ah well... At least the East Coast dates are convenient for listening to cellcerts and downloading Clack.

Good God, those tix are expensive! Remember when Clay said that he wanted to always keep his ticket prices reasonable so that the whole family could go to his concerts? Oh well....Of course, having a freakin' symphony orchestra to pay doesn't help matters.

Thing is, you see....I'm going to need to GO to Washington DC for a site visit for our summer program and that date isn't looking so bad....wonder if he'll try to get a Baltimore date before or after...and maybe if he does, those tix might be more realistically priced for his poor fans like moi.

Good God! :scream:

ETA: oh well...I just saw lickiest's post re: dates so far and I see that he's already scheduled for the two nights after the DC date...and since my company isn't considering Kalamazoo as a potential meeting venue.... :imgtongue:

lickiest1, with the list you just provided....I would venture a guess that he'll take December 1 off. If he does play that date, that would be the fourth of seven shows in a row (assuming that the December 3 date is true).

So...come to Waukegan! Hee...

I think the big question mark is the dates between December 13 and 19. That's a good chunk of change there, and there's got to be more than a few dates in that time frame.

And yes couchie, come to Merrillville....you know you want to....

jmh -- thanks for the pictures. Guh.

lickiest1, with the list you just provided....I would venture a guess that he'll take December 1 off. If he does play that date, that would be the fourth of seven shows in a row (assuming that the December 3 date is true).

So...come to Waukegan! Hee...

Yeah, if Easton is correct, then you are probably right. So I'm gonna hope that Easton is just a rumour, and he'll be announcing a Detroit show on the 1st. Hee, I can dream, right? We are trying for weekends this time around.

well if you look at the rest of the schedule I don't think he'll have a date on December 1 or that will make it 7 shows in a row, and I don't think even Clay Aiken is up for that. hmmmm I didn't realize so many dates had been released. Merrillville is a good bet although I'll probably be in the rafters. I like DC though and it's on a Sunday. hmmmm...I'll wait for the whole list.

Sorry Jenna.... I forgot who brought it up but it was a great idea.

I imagine Merrillville with be the last one, given that it's so close to Christmas...Ironically, that fact makes that show the one I'd most like to go to and the one I'd least likely be able to make! Travel messes and high prices AND family time around the holidays, etc.

Ooh! I know! He could 'stick' a concert on the 14th, 15th or 16th in Memphis on his way to Minneapolis from New Jersey! I need to go to Memphis for a site visit for a different 2008 conference! :Tour3:

Hey, wait a minute....we need a new 'tour' emoticon that says "Clay Holiday Tour" or "Let Clay Climb Down Your Chimney" or something. :whistling-1:

Psst...I ain't doing Indiana!

I want him to do Houston or Atlanta or Dallas...on a damn Saturday so I can stop taking those damn red-eyes!

Pssst...that's really Chicago...

couchie, I'd fly into either O'Hare or Midway.

Well, came back to several blocks closed around my house, had to hightail it from the taxi uphill to get home. I think I can sneak my car out to get the dog. If not,. too bad, give me a ticket fro trying to get home! I guess it will be a peaceful week with the roads closed.

I aint flying anywhere for Christmas (hooray)

Well, came back to several blocks closed around my house, had to hightail it from the taxi uphill to get home. I think I can sneak my car out to get the dog. If not,. too bad, give me a ticket fro trying to get home! I guess it will be a peaceful week with the roads closed.

I aint flying anywhere for Christmas (hooray)

Me too...so thats easy decision...hee

Hell, he has GOT to stick a Saturday show or two in there doesn't he?

Yeah that.

If worse comes to worse I guess I could take a day off without pay like I am now, but if I am going to do that I would really like to do two shows so I need a Saturday following a Friday or preceeding a Sunday. DC would be good because I could drive and maybe even just take just half a day off work Monday. But it is sooooooooooooooooo expensive! Getting to Merriville that close to Christmas would be a pain and I am sure expensive. Kalamazoo is a sentimental choice but I don't want to spend all the money to fly there plus lose a day's pay for just one concert.

He is not making this easy for me! He has plenty of concerts within a 3 hour drive for me (all the NJ ones, Wilkes-Barre, Easton - if its true - and DC) and so far none are doable!