#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

Morning y'all. I know I'm new and have no right to be pushy and demanding (although, frankly, you might want to get used to it.) :afteryou: However, it's for the greater good. I want to see a close up of Clay's eyes in Atlanta. I want to see those Paul Newman blues as described in the meet & greet. No, change that from "want to" to "got to."

PS - for those who also loved MST3K, I've come to the conclusion that Gypsy would have loved Clay even more than Richard Basehart.

will this be possible since his eyes are green...hee

speaking of Atlanta...that show sure had very little clack...what happened??? and I guess that will be the funny version of Without You...cos thats when he sang about can;t live without a car...hee

eta: hee I;m on top of the page...its not too bad... are peole afraid of heights or something??? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Is there any hope for someone who doesn't want to know how he did on 5th Grader? Like a seperate thread maybe? *crickets* Guess I'll see you guys in November...

We sure don't want people spoiled if they don't want to....

this is what we'll do...we will give a general report here of what he wore and how he looked and general impressions of the show.

for more details specially the questions and how he did we will put the report and discuss those details in the

spoiler thread.. Please put all reports you will quote from other boards with details...in this thread.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am so excited!!!

all kinds of positive vibes...prayers...for Clay.

Thanks, Ansa. I surely do want to know how he looks, etc. Eeeeeeeing is always a good thing! If I'm the only one who doesn't want to know, I don't want to put a damper on main. Majority rules, and all that.

Morning y'all. I know I'm new and have no right to be pushy and demanding (although, frankly, you might want to get used to it.) :afteryou: However, it's for the greater good. I want to see a close up of Clay's eyes in Atlanta. I want to see those Paul Newman blues as described in the meet & greet. No, change that from "want to" to "got to."

PS - for those who also loved MST3K, I've come to the conclusion that Gypsy would have loved Clay even more than Richard Basehart.

will this be possible since his eyes are green...hee

speaking of Atlanta...that show sure had very little clack...what happened??? and I guess that will be the funny version of Without You...cos thats when he sang about can;t live without a car...hee

eta: hee I;m on top of the page...its not too bad... are peole afraid of heights or something??? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

YAH! Izzy's M&G report :laola0: said that he was wearing colored contact lenses. Blue, brilliant blue!

Just so you are not too happy today - a little something to plot revenge on (eta - kidding, kidding, what is past is past - not meant to angst people on the unfairness of life)

posted in the Taylor thread on the CH

From MJ's Blog:

Taylor Hicks at Hard Rock Live, Orlando

- Taylor was in great voice!

- The venue was pretty full except the back portion of the balcony.

- This band is really good and they are a great fit for Taylor.

- He seemed to be having a blast on stage… even more so than the times I saw him previously.

- The security guards in general seemed pretty laidback. The tickets said “no cameras” so I didn’t even bring one in, but there were people all over taking pics and video and weren’t being stopped by security. So there should be plenty of good video out there.

Hmmm I wonder if they took thier glow sticks as well? (ETA - Joking - it was a joke, I don't think Taylor's fans carry glow sticks, but what do I know, never been to one of his concerts) I might have chosen the wron emoticon, so I will change it. cbf0941f.gif

edited because I can't spell, can I? - Oh well, I don't have to win money for charity, although I would rock on the math and science questions!

Edited by playbiller

I don't know....try picture number 8 from this site. Still kinda hard to see, but they don't look all that blue to me. *shrug*

It seems like I remember that there wasn't many of the famous clack gatherers at the Atlanta show, because there were saving their money to do the Florida four-fer.

ETA:

Taylor who???

Heh. ITA. (And I LIKED Taylor...)

I don't know....try picture number 8 from this site. Still kinda hard to see, but they don't look all that blue to me. *shrug*

It seems like I remember that there wasn't many of the famous clack gatherers at the Atlanta show, because there were saving their money to do the Florida four-fer.

Thanks! It is hard to see his eyes in the pics, but I liked the title of the review: "The man has incredible pipes" Hmmm, yeah. And my brain is going bouncy, bouncy, bouncy picturing it, er them.

I have long maintained that Clay's eyes are more hazel than truly green (but definitely leaning towards the green side of hazel). My (ex)hubby's eyes are that colour, and they could look extremely different in colour depending up on his mood and/or the colour of shirt he was wearing. I'm not saying he was or wasn't wearing tinted contacts - I'll defer to the lucky beyotch person who actually got to see him up close enough to tell. Just one more of the many mysteries of our chameleon man!

perfectfreckles.jpg

OARpurtyeyes.jpg

And just because I found this while looking through the older pages of my PB..

*le sigh* Ain't he dweamy?

Thudclay.jpg

Edited by cindilu2

Entertainment Tonight

Clay Aiken: Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Singer and former "American Idol" runner-up CLAY AIKEN has already proven he's got singing chops and now according to the Associated Press he's preparing to prove he's got the brains to go with the talent as he gets set to appear on the his FOX game show "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?"

Aiken will play to win a million dollars for his foundation that runs a camp for kids with developmental disabilities. He will reportedly tape his portion today, but no air date has been announced.

They used a horrible picture of him at the ET site.

He had blue contacts in Atlanta????

Now how did that small detail not get discussed in clay land...or are we just generally clueless around here. Why did he have blue contacts???

I guess plays point is that they were not as strict during that concert??? Its hard to really make a comparison based on that report...she didn't mention the metal detectors...does that mean it wasn't there??? I doubt the taylor fans had glow sticks...maybe they would've taken it if they had. I think Clayfans are more aware of security because clack is very important to us so we tend to be hyper sensitive to this...maybe that is not the case in other fandoms. Well we still got lots of clack from Orlando...

I have long maintained that Clay's eyes are more hazel than truly green (but definitely leaning towards the green side of hazel). My (ex)hubby's eyes are that colour, and they could look extremely different in colour depending up on his mood and/or the colour of shirt he was wearing. I'm not saying he was or wasn't wearing tinted contacts - I'll defer to the lucky beyotch person who actually got to see him up close enough to tell. Just one more of the many mysteries of our chameleon man!

I also have hazel eyes leaning more toward the blue side but sometimes blue/green. Hazel eyes change with the color of clothing. Clay's are much prettier than mine.

His eyes that is!!

Edited by Toots

Entertainment Tonight

Clay Aiken: Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

Singer and former "American Idol" runner-up CLAY AIKEN has already proven he's got singing chops and now according to the Associated Press he's preparing to prove he's got the brains to go with the talent as he gets set to appear on the his FOX game show "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?"

Aiken will play to win a million dollars for his foundation that runs a camp for kids with developmental disabilities. He will reportedly tape his portion today, but no air date has been announced.

They used a horrible picture of him at the ET site.

That is the same photo they used for the interview it's capped from. There isn't really anything wrong with the pic, it's just skewed wide.

Some more media promo I found at CH:

OrlandoSentinel.com

Clay Aiken, Regis Philbin, Tony Hawk to play "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?"

Fox has announced a celebrity edition of "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" The players will include talk-show king Regis Philbin and two "American Idol" alumni, Clay Aiken and Kellie Pickler.

But no Larry the Cable Guy. Host Jeff Foxworthy joked last month that he wanted the Sanford entertainer for the show. "Our problem is we'll have to find out what to do with the other 58 minutes on the show," Foxworthy told TV critics. "I've known Larry for 20 years. He's not lasting long."

Instead, Foxworthy will ask questions of skateboarder Tony Hawk, Miss America Lauren Nelson and "Access Hollywood" host Billy Bush. The celebrity episodes will air in the all-important November sweeps. The celebrities will play for charity. "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" starts its second season Sept. 6.

They always use those pictures - perhaps some fans should offer to give them some other pictures, just to have better ones in their files.

I do want to say that I am constantly amazed at how much that little stint of being a reporter on the Insider has paid and paid and paid. Clay must have really made strong positive impression on them. No one cannot say the dividends have just been amazing - no pile on, and constantly being mentioned for the slightest things. You don't see Kellie Picklers picture up there, do you? I might not be pretty, but it is there!pianodance.gif

I was kidding about the glow sticks - I think the comparison was that people were openly taking pictures there - that would be the difference - the policy of no cameras was still the same.

I will have to go and read the whole blog to see if there were metal detectors.

Edited by playbiller

Ok...now I'm not sayin' that I'm claiming a comfy spot on the grassy knoll, but dayum! Of all the pictures available from the various appearances/interviews that man has had with ET....WTF are they doing using THAT one?!?! :angry::breakpc1::onsoapbox:

I mean...REALLY! I remember when that pic first came out and I thought he looked almost as bad as poor Jerry Lewis did years ago on the telethon when Clay sang BOTW. :scream:

Ok. I'm done.

Now...Clay's eyes. I'm in the 'hazel' camp. They change. I remember that time when he was on Leno in that white suit and brown shirt. His eyes were soooooo dark---BROWN dark...so either the man really IS a chameleon or his eyes really ARE of a neutral nature and take on the color he's wearing or he really DOES experiment with tinted contacts.

Whatevah. He's freakin' fine! :hubbahubba:

I read at CV that someone who isn't a regular clack-gatherer took video of almost the entire Atlanta concert. She hasn't uploaded it yet because she doesn't know how to do so. The vault queens are trying to help her out, so hopefully it will be uploaded soon sometime.

BWAH, OK, I went back and read the article - doesn't say anything about metal detectors or long waits to get in, and nomention of glow sticks - apparently Taylor fans are

I immediately spotted some bedazzler’s and their sparkly, moving-light pins, and a few people with their handy “Taylor Hicks” shirts on. Then, enter the ladies in their short skirts and tight, low-cut tops and roses for Taylor, who had clearly already been having a bit of fun at the bar. So, as I’m taking in the spectacle of the - let’s call them “grown up bedazzlers”
We all have something.

Perhaps there was a venue threat or something the night Clay appeared, if metal detectors are not the norm.

The 'bedazzlers' - too funny, play!

I'm wondering if the extra measures against cameras at Clay's concert might have been due to the orchestra. Some orchestras are really strict about prohibiting recording and pictures of any sort.

They always use those pictures - perhaps some fans should offer to give them some other pictures, just to have better ones in their files.

Yeah -- unfortunately (in this case, at least), media sources tend to use "file" pictures...ones they already have and can use over and over again. As I said, rather sad in this instance, because he's looked so much better other times.

But as for fans submitting pictures? In theory I think it sounds great....but I just have a feeling jealousy would rear it's ugly head at some point.

I do want to say that I am constantly amazed at how much that little stint of being a reporter on the Insider has paid and paid and paid. Clay must have really made strong positive impression on them. No one cannot say the dividends have just been amazing - no pile on, and constantly being mentioned for the slightest things. You don't see Kellie Picklers picture up there, do you? I might not be pretty, but it is there!pianodance.gif

ITA. He gets fairly good mentions anymore...even ET's take on the airplane thing wasn't as bad as it could have been, IMO. And gasp! Wasn't Roger the one who set this whole Insider thing up in the first place? Heh.

Are the "bedazzlers" upset that they are being called that? Maybe they should be called "bedazzlies" instead? *g*

The 'bedazzlers' - too funny, play!

I'm wondering if the extra measures against cameras at Clay's concert might have been due to the orchestra. Some orchestras are really strict about prohibiting recording and pictures of any sort.

Isn't that the orchestra who asked for clack/photos of themselves? *shrug*

That ET photo is just skewed (I 'fixed' it last time it was posted and he looks fine. No Jerry in sight.) He looked 'fine' in the accompanying video. And as play said, he's the only one being mentioned on the site, so it's all good (IMO). I'm sure some diligent Clay fan will try setting them straight though. :-/

Edited by cindilu2

Isn't that the orchestra who asked for clack/photos of themselves? *shrug*

That ET photo is just skewed (I 'fixed' it last time it was posted and he looks fine. No Jerry in sight.) He looked 'fine' in the accompanying video. And as play said, he's the only one being mentioned on the site, so it's all good (IMO). I'm sure some diligent Clay fan will try setting them straight though. :-/

I believe it was the cello player who asked for photos, not the orchestra. I think there is a distinction between the orchestra a an organization and the various players in the orchestra.

Okay, ladies

My first post....................

I must share this . I am sooo nervous for Clay today. Just 1 1/ hours to go before he goes on and tapes this show that we don't even know when it will show up.

I watched this game show fist time last Friday? and really the questions can get difficult epecially the math. Aaarrrrrggggg. please tell me I am not the only one.

OHhhhhhh, I am a dog walker? :RedGuy: How did that get there? :lilredani:

Edited by leeana

Welcome leeana!

I'm sure you're not the only one who is worried...but I have to say that I personally just can't worry about Clay anymore. He's proven to be a strong and smart man. Sure, he may only get one question right -- game shows can be nerve-wracking that way. That's OK -- there are many non-celebrities who appear on the show who would do the same. Maybe even some of the other celebrities as well! Also, Clay seems to be the type that if he does do great -- he'll be really humble (albeit happy) about it. If he doesn't do well -- he'll have new material for his next concert tour. *g*

I have to admit though that I've never watched the show, though.

My main thing is that I want the BAF to do well. I want to be able to donate my maximum pledge!

Oh, and the "dog walker" thing is tied to your number of posts. We set up some silly things regarding this....I think in the past week I FINALLY made it to Chairman!

ETA: via GBB at the CH:

From Aron Hall at the BAF:

Question: How is TBAF going to collect on the pledges for the Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?

Answer: We’re leaving it up to individuals.

There are really 3 ways:

1. Send in your donation to the max amount no matter what.

2. Find out from “sources” how he did and go ahead and send in your pledge. (We will not make an official announcement before the airing.)

3. Wait until the airing and send in the pledge then.

You can send any amount in a check or money order to: The Bubel/Aiken Foundation, ATTN: Smarter Pledge, 8601 Six Forks Road, Suite 400, Raleigh, NC 27615, or you can donate any amount $25 or over online with a credit card. We do not accept PayPal at this time.

Thanks!

Aron Hall

Director Services

And please remember, if you are contributing toward the FCA-Making a Difference Beta Alpha chapter -- put that in the notation line of your check, or send a copy of your donation receipt to Aron (I believe) with the information that it should be credited to "FCA - Making a Difference."

ETA #2: The Eagle has landed!! couchie has arrived in LA safe and sound, and will be going into the studio in about 30 minutes. She said she'd call again later after the show.

ETA #2: The Eagle has landed!! couchie has arrived in LA safe and sound, and will be going into the studio in about 30 minutes. She said she'd call again later after the show.

Woot! Woot! So glad she's there, safe and sound. Can't wait for reports.

:nana: