#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

Both of Angela's hands are accounted for, but I swear Clay looks like he's just been goosed.

TampaDCAT12.jpg

Couchie, I don't know how much you'll be able to tell us from the "Are You Smarter" taping tomorrow, but I for one would really liked to be spoilered on how well Clay did. Plus how funny he was. And maybe how hawt he looked.

:lilredani:

I'm piping in on the AYSTAFG subject. Couchie, would you please, please, please tell us every single freakin' detail you can remember as soon as you get to a computer? Or maybe take a laptop with you and type as you go? I don't do 'patient' well, and I'm one of those who don't think it's more speshul to wait.

I'm so excited to know someone that's going! :nana:

Gee whiz, Clay is a brave man, those jeans are off his ass in the last picture. I am amazed they went back up when he stood up!

I just don't see how wearing pants that are sliding that far down your butt can be comfortable? I know everyone has been dehydrating themselves drooling over the "zipper" picture, but honestly; my first thought was..."Clay! Go out and buy some pants that fit!" (I am such a Mom!)

Kim

I can't add anything to the music discussion, since I'm pretty ignorant about that stuff -

I can give ya a quick rundown again on the difference between upbeat and uptempo but that's about the extent of my real knowlege and I'm sure nobody wants to go there again.

:cryingwlaughter:

I'm proud to say that I'm quite enjoying my trip through the TOA's for the FCA Recomends. I may not be the best judge of the musical aspect of it but I know what I would like to hear and I'm gonna go by that.

---

And just for the record I don't hate that movie at all! It's one of the few baseball movies I actually like. And I'm a huge baseball fan. I've only seen it a bajillion-diggity times, hence my ability to condense for ya'll. Hee.

Favorite moment...when Ray Liotta (aka the ghost) turns and enlightens Kevin Costner about the source of the voices in his head...

No Ray...it was you ... *shiver*

For a very long it time it was my favoite sports movie. But then along came Denzel Washington and Remember the Titans and I got over it.

---

Weee....YSRN! Didja learn the secret handshake and stuff? :RedGuy:

---

ETA : EEEEEEEEE! I forgot...is 5th grader tomorrow? Yes DETAILS!

Edited by jamar1700

Playbiller, weren't you one of the ones who lost their tickets in the fiasco at State Theater the other night? Were you able to get decent seats today? I hope so!

Sorry if you've already mentioned it and I missed it. I'm too lazy to scroll back that far.

ETA: Oooooh. It was just brought to my attention that I'm a Body guard! Who's body? Is it Clay's? Do I get to perform manual and visual inspections?

Edited by Bookwhore

God, I've finally caught up.

Just this to say:

The only balls I want to see in a movie are below the waist.

I had row F tickets before, and got row F tickets today, but could not check out. By the time the system actually worked, Orchestra was sold out. Since then I have gotten up to J tickets, but I am still waiting for the regular sale and if that does not go well, I will wait until the end to buy something from a fan.

I am positive this will be one of the not well attended theaters. They have pretty much pissed off the fandom, it is the a separate show, not part of the other two fer show in NJ. Less interesting to travel for. BUT it is very accessible to transportation, but I think this is not a big deal since the tickets are so expensive (even the sides and the loge is $115 and the cheapest tickets I can get will cost me $80) that I can see a lot of people skipping it. Back tickets are available to the student for 20 dollars, but not the orchestra and loge.

Someone posted that they bought 3rd row loge today. I think that is a mistake because there is still the public sale which might have better seats.. I always regret buying my sister some really bad tickets to Greensboro and much better seats showed up in the public sale.

SO far, I have looked at all the brokers sites and on e-bay and there were only 2 pit tickets for sale, and some stuff further back. I don't think that the sold out was because of the brokers, I think that maybe one broker signed up to the fan club, but mostly not. They do have the best and fastest computers, hence they can win.

Edited by playbiller

I'm piping in on the AYSTAFG subject. Couchie, would you please, please, please tell us every single freakin' detail you can remember as soon as you get to a computer? Or maybe take a laptop with you and type as you go?

Maybe you could just attach a cable to your brain and upload your observations straight into the computer.:clown_4:

MST3K? Loved it. Best. show. ever. I can't believe that it isn't on tv anymore.:cry4:

Wow, you people are real post hootchies here. I can't keep up. Type slower. :chatting:

scarlett..is your videos up at CH? can't find it!!!
Sorry about that. I did upload that bunch at 9pm last night but I guess there were a lot of other stuff queued up. And there would be a lot more done if we didn't have all these pages -- postwhores! (but luvya'll!)

I loved "Field of Dreams" too but do I have to be the one to bring up "Major League"?

you do realize I could still assign your ass to "Emmanuel" - as done by your boyfriend, Jacob, right? RIGHT? Ha!
*sticks fingers in ears* WHAAAA??!!! Sorry, can't hear ya. Edited by Scarlett

So, do you think Clay is in LA boning up for the AYSTAFG show? That one's for you Muski

Muski where are you? Atinal just threw you a bone and we're all waiting for some good smut. Well at least I am.

OMG...I went back to school shopping and there are 5 pages???

post hos!!!

and I have to congratulate YSRN for her new status...YAY!!!

I think she knows more about the technical aspects of these boards than I do....hee...

and My Wish for you as you join the team...may your work be few and far between...

BWAH on the confusion with the admin note...we are so rusty at this...sigh...

About the FCA recommends project... there really is nothing so formal about this...we just need to choose what sounds good to our ear...so all levels of "musical expertise" is welcome.

LOVE...the musical talk.

One of the things I loved to do for ATDW is just listen to the production and take note of the instruments. I have to admit...I haven't done that with the concert cos I am so distracted by the visuals...and that voice was just so excellent during this tour.

I hope this is OK to bring this here...it's just so cute. If it's not, mods please delete. This is a portion of the M&G recap posted by ClayizzaQT:

I had hoped the poster would be a conversation starter and perhaps he would get a chuckle at the memories it held and share some behind the scenes info about working with Jimmy, but it was not meant to be. He signed it with the “Use your Voice” quote, personalized with my first name. Many items were passed under his pen and he had to take questions as he wrote, so I don’t think the mosaic registered. The following night in Ft. Myers a friend had a M&G and also had one of my mosaics signed. As Clay began to sign it, he told her he loved “these things” and that he had never seen this particular one. Jaime, Mary and Clay searched for the hidden photo of Raleigh and Mary found it first. He told my friend he hoped to meet the lady that makes these one day. He went on to say that they always had so much fun looking for the hidden photo of Raleigh. He said it was like playing their own version of “Where’s Waldo” which left my friend blushing and wondering if he was snarking with her or if he really had no idea what he’d just said. LOL! My friend told him that he HAD met “the woman who makes these” just the night before at the Atlanta M & G. But because I hadn’t had the chance to say anything when he was signing mine, there is no way he would have known. So I will remain Clay’s mystery woman. Yep, I like the sound of that and I’m happy in my delusional world.

The thought of Clay and Mary and Jamie all playing Where's Waldo just CMSU! I bet it takes those girls all of 3 seconds to find him. :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by Bookwhore

Back to my LAA question, for those who know musical terminology, could the voice/cello duet be described as contrapuntal? (I've been doing some research. The cello doesn't have a melody line that's as complex as the voice's melody, but it isn't a harmonic accompaniment either. So counterpoint might be an accurate description??)

Back to my LAA question, for those who know musical terminology, could the voice/cello duet be described as contrapuntal? (I've been doing some research. The cello doesn't have a melody line that's as complex as the voice's melody, but it isn't a harmonic accompaniment either. So counterpoint might be an accurate description??)

jmh123, dropping by in the middle of a movie ... obligato is my first thought, countermelody my second. Whatever, the vocal solo always has the main melody. Counterpoint is the result.

Caro

Edited by Carolina Clay

I've been trying for the longest time to pick out the piano accompaniment by ear for LAA and it's complex and murderous. It sounds deceptively simple but there are many subtle chord changes going on. ARGGGH! And hi everyone. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

He said it was like playing their own version of “Where’s Waldo” which left my friend blushing and wondering if he was snarking with her or if he really had no idea what he’d just said. LOL!

:lmaosmiley-1: He so knows! Love naughty Clay.

:unsure: I don't know how to fix my quoty mistake. What you brought over was funny, Bookwhore.

Edited by sheiladownunder