#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me (TM Steve Martin) for using a schmoopie analogy from a baseball movie that everyone seems to hate :bigemo_harabe_net-24: Guess I'll go off and watch my complete dvd set of Kevin Costner movies :cryingwlaughter: I'm kidding

Ooooh, I loved that movie! If you build it, they will come. See, not everyone hates it!

I always thought I'd like to wake up next to a sleeping Clay, because - erm - well, anyway, here's the pic:

IMG_04002.jpg

Good Morning, People! To quote a friend of mine .... How'd you like to wake up next to this in the morning?

183713413-L.jpg

*kicks husband out of bed*

Ouw! You so funny -- and shameless! Especially with that hubby of yours being so sweet and good and all. At least I have an empty space in my bed these days!

Good Morning, People! To quote a friend of mine .... How'd you like to wake up next to this in the morning?

183713413-L.jpg

*kicks husband out of bed*

Should we start some kind of a home for those husbands?

And these little Piggies went to Texas!

Piggies2-1.jpg

Teasing, tantalizing.....and yes, a little subtle.....but the sexiest pole dance ever.

On the subject of shipping.....

Whatever floats his......er......your boat. I take it as lighthearted fun and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I hope he has a whole marina to chose from, though he does seem to be partial to the J-Class. *kidding...it just happened to work there.*

Maybe.

Some new pics from Invisible926!!

For the tongue lovers:

188477133-L.jpg

I passed over this pic at first, thinking it wasn't all that special, until I saw that he's getting ready to fight Darth Vader! Look at the green light saber! :imgtongue:

188477149-L.jpg

Speaking of which, Carolina Clay, when are you going to share your expertise on the orchestras and arrangements this tour??

Orchestra expertise in a nutshell -- some were better than others. Heat and humidity do a number on all instruments, make tuning a bitch, and play havoc with pitch. However, professionals learn to deal with it, some better than others. All of this is based on watching videos/listening to audio since I didn't actually attend a live performance this time around.

About the arrangements, I thought they kicked ass; and I read at least three blogs by tour musicians that said as much.

Thanks!! More more!! I promise to whomp anyone who expresses boredom. What would you suggest our listeners listen for as they evaluate?

I'm doing the cello, I mean LAA. There's something about that solo that makes it really hard. A lot of the cellists seemed to me to be off in their timing. What is it about that solo that makes it so challenging?

Jesse's arrangements kicked ass--I agree--what were some particularly kickass things? One that got me was the little violin interlude during the classics that Clay always mimicked a violin playing. I'd like to hear the classics without the vocals once just to hear what it sounds like.

I love Clay's ear for these things too, that he notices all the details. He can also sing "against" his accompaniment, both in terms of melody and timing. Not easy. Some of his fans just want him to rock out with some muddy guitar sound and someone pounding on a drum, and a catchy tune that anyone could sing, because they want him to be cool and on radio. I think it's a waste when you're a guy who can say, "I can't hear the flute." I get a little pissy when some fans (usually at OFC) claim Clay needs to be more of an artist like the people who make Top 40 music.

Question: Is this board analyzing videos or just audio?

Just audio.

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me (TM Steve Martin) for using a schmoopie analogy from a baseball movie that everyone seems to hate :bigemo_harabe_net-24: Guess I'll go off and watch my complete dvd set of Kevin Costner movies :cryingwlaughter: I'm kidding

Ooooh, I loved that movie! If you build it, they will come. See, not everyone hates it!

Ooooo, I loved that movie too! And the guy I went with to see it -- cried. There's a number of guys I've talked to who admit point blank that they cried during this movie. That does NOT happen very often.

I always thought I'd like to wake up next to a sleeping Clay, because - erm - well, anyway, here's the pic:

IMG_04002.jpg

Yummmy. And I personally believe that he's smiling because he's dreaming of MEEEEEEEEE! [/totally totally delusional]

Ouw! You so funny -- and shameless! Especially with that hubby of yours being so sweet and good and all. At least I have an empty space in my bed these days!

I did tell you that my husband considers Clay my "freebie," right? That, if I EVER get a chance to have one night with Clay Aiken and get to know him carnally -- I'm good. Well, more than good actually. *g*

On the subject of shipping.....

Whatever floats his......er......your boat. I take it as lighthearted fun and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I hope he has a whole marina to chose from, though he does seem to be partial to the J-Class. *kidding...it just happened to work there.*

Maybe.

Hee! I think for me, my feelings on the "shipping" aspect are really that it's fine...as long as it stays SPECULATION. It seems to be a pattern in the fandom that speculation, though, turns to fact, and before long....china patterns are being picked for the happy couple. When it goes overboard, that's when I start tuning out. And as I said, this happens in this fandom a great deal IMO, and not just about "shipping" either.

Hey, Clay What's your Sleep Number?????

69, if there's a God.

:cryingwlaughter:

KAndre, I'm going to read through that article about the Houston libraries later this afternoon and get back to you on it. Let's just say the whole thing sounds very complicated....

Reviewing the songs for the DCAT: well, first of all, I haven't even started my downloads yet. Secondly, I'm reviewing the audio only...even if it comes with a video clip. The audio can be stripped rather easily from a video if it sounds fantastic. (I don't know how to do that though, should probably learn some time...) Thirdly, KAndre mentioned about the criteria that there may be one thing that's off, but that it actually enhances the clip.

Let me give you an example from my own burned CD collection. I was trying to come up with what I thought was the definitive IWCY a few years ago. I finally decided on the IWCY from Kimmel in 2004. Clay starts singing....

Yeah I know it hurts, Yeah I know you're scared walking down the road that leads to who knows where

...and then, perfectly timed, someone in the crowd yells, "I love you Clay." Still cracks me up to this day...and now when I hear the album version, I mentally add "I love you Clay" to the song!

OK, it's slowed down here. I guess everybody went to work...or are doing like I'm doing. Work? Pshaw.

That attitude is going to get me in trouble some day.

Jesse's arrangements kicked ass--I agree--what were some particularly kickass things? One that got me was the little violin interlude during the classics that Clay always mimicked a violin playing. I'd like to hear the classics without the vocals once just to hear what it sounds like.

That's why I'd LOVE to get my hands on that orchestra score being auctioned off for the benefit of the BAF. I know enough that I could study the thing and get a better flavor of what the orchestra was doing. I wish it could be scanned and sent to anyone who makes a donation to the BAF.

And yes, there were always things that the orchestra was doing that I didn't catch in my first few viewings of each classics clip.

I love Clay's ear for these things too, that he notices all the details. He can also sing "against" his accompaniment, both in terms of melody and timing. Not easy. Some of his fans just want him to rock out with some muddy guitar sound and someone pounding on a drum, and a catchy tune that anyone could sing, because they want him to be cool and on radio. I think it's a waste when you're a guy who can say, "I can't hear the flute." I get a little pissy when some fans (usually at OFC) claim Clay needs to be more of an artist like the people who make Top 40 music.

Good God, yes.

Speaking of which, Carolina Clay, when are you going to share your expertise on the orchestras and arrangements this tour??

Orchestra expertise in a nutshell -- some were better than others. Heat and humidity do a number on all instruments, make tuning a bitch, and play havoc with pitch. However, professionals learn to deal with it, some better than others. All of this is based on watching videos/listening to audio since I didn't actually attend a live performance this time around.

About the arrangements, I thought they kicked ass; and I read at least three blogs by tour musicians that said as much.

Thanks!! More more!! I promise to whomp anyone who expresses boredom. What would you suggest our listeners listen for as they evaluate?

I'm doing the cello, I mean LAA. There's something about that solo that makes it really hard. A lot of the cellists seemed to me to be off in their timing. What is it about that solo that makes it so challenging?

Question: Is this board analyzing videos or just audio?

Just audio.

ITA-- You said it so much better than I could. I think Jessie is great at his job and I've been noticing more and more that Clay hears every little detail and instrument and count. It's all in his head. That's artistry, :clap: right there.

That's why I'd LOVE to get my hands on that orchestra score being auctioned off for the benefit of the BAF. I know enough that I could study the thing and get a better flavor of what the orchestra was doing. I wish it could be scanned and sent to anyone who makes a donation to the BAF.

And yes, there were always things that the orchestra was doing that I didn't catch in my first few viewings of each classics clip.

OH me too me too. I hope the winner will scan it--I like your idea of a donation.

Thank you. Obviously I was blinded by the Aiken and couldn't see the fan if my life depended upon it. Although now that I'm cooled off where was that picture again???? and now I can't find the drool emoticon this will have to do. :Thud:
I had to steal it; it's in my photobucket. You'll have to cajole some duck, er, MOD, to add it to the evergrowing list. :)

ETA: Can't believe I have an opinion on this, let alone actually went and posted about it. *ashamed*
Hee. Maybe they got in a lover's quarrel. :lol:

I have nothing but the highest regard for Mrs. Parker but I agree. I sure hope, and don't believe she is, doing that either.
Hee. I was kidding, of course. There are quite a few people on the boards who go to church and line-dance with Faye and they all tell a leetle bit of a different story, so whaddya gonna do. Filters, filters, filters... Maybe it's all one big conspiracy. Maaaybeeee, we're not even here... nerd-1.gif

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me (TM Steve Martin) for using a schmoopie analogy from a baseball movie that everyone seems to hate :bigemo_harabe_net-24: Guess I'll go off and watch my complete dvd set of Kevin Costner movies :cryingwlaughter:
*sniff* It's my favorite movie. I love that shit. Kevin... Ray Liotta... James Earl Jones... What's not to love...? Esp. given jamar's most excellent synopsis. :lol: Well, maybe Tim Busfield... ever since that horrid 30-something show I can't stand him. But yeah, *sniff* Er, I guess now isn't a good time to mention the Kevin Costner oh-fishally autographed picture hanging in my office right next to Clay. :lol:

Here's a link to a highly entertaining Ft. Myers album of stacia's: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v65/oliv...r07/ft%20myers/

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I love Clay's ear for these things too, that he notices all the details. He can also sing "against" his accompaniment, both in terms of melody and timing. Not easy. Some of his fans just want him to rock out with some muddy guitar sound and someone pounding on a drum, and a catchy tune that anyone could sing, because they want him to be cool and on radio. I think it's a waste when you're a guy who can say, "I can't hear the flute."

Mmm... clorn. I want both, of course (the music; I don't care if he's "cool"). Cuz I'm a greedy bitch like that.

oops, I postwhored. Sue me. Heh.

OH FUCK_____!!! And I did it to myself too! :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by YSRN

*sniff* It's my favorite movie. I love that shit. Kevin... Ray Liotta... James Earl Jones... What's not to love...? Esp. given jamar's most excellent synopsis. :lol: Well, maybe Tim Busfield... ever since that horrid 30-something show I can't stand him. But yeah, *sniff* Er, I guess now isn't a good time to mention the Kevin Costner oh-fishally autographed picture hanging in my o

office right next to Clay. :lol:

OH MY GOD. First, I find out that you love JNT05 and watch the vingettes and tears come to your eyes and NOW I find out you like movies about crazy people builidng baseball fields in the middle of nowhere?

I will have to rethink our decision to turn you from a </not a mod> into a mod.

You can't hide baby.

Hey FCA - meet the newest member of the moderating team.

Oh...loving the music talk. I took piano lessons for years, played organ for our church when I was a teen, played clarinet in the high school band... so love this kind of talk.

heh.

I think I love this board. Really, I do. It reminds me of how Eayor used to be over at RHT. Do you have fanfic here? Hee.

It figures I would find this board just when I'm going to start working full time. I've been part time for the last four months and was just offered a full time position. I start it on Friday and we can NOT go on the Internet at all at work. I do have a Blackberry that I use to keep up a bit.

There just aren't enough Clay hours in the day.

Many of you already know me from RHT/Eayor. I do post some at CV but I'm not well known there.

I'm nice and smutty, too.

~Paulette

Well I'm having issues with the piano intro to Sexy Tractor because they so varied from night to night ... sometimes its missing altogether, sometimes the rhythm seems off, sometimes the sound doesn't pick it up very well, and then there are times when it sounds mangled. I was thinking, "Wow some of these pianists were a lot better than others" ... then I remembered they are all Jesse!!!

oops, I postwhored. Sue me. Heh.

OH FUCK_____!!! And I did it to myself too! :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter:

If she uses her mod powers to save herself from Top-of-the-Page hell I'm gonna complain. I wanna be a mod so my edit counter doesn't show. I promise to do next to nothing, like a true FCA mod oughta. Heh heh.

I wanna be a mod so my edit counter doesn't show. I promise to do next to nothing, like a true FCA mod oughta. Heh heh.

Hey -- I resemble that remark!

*adds jmh to list of possible new mods*

Oh...loving the music talk. I took piano lessons for years, played organ for our church when I was a teen, played clarinet in the high school band... so love this kind of talk.

YAY--more, more!!!

Well I'm having issues with the piano intro to Sexy Tractor because they so varied from night to night ... sometimes its missing altogether, sometimes the rhythm seems off, sometimes the sound doesn't pick it up very well, and then there are times when it sounds mangled. I was thinking, "Wow some of these pianists were a lot better than others" ... then I remembered they are all Jesse!!!

That's really interesting. Hmmmm. Is it because sometimes he is otherwise occupied with conducting?

I haven't started with the evaluation process yet, but during the tour one thing I noticed in West Wing is that some orchestras couldn't pull off those rising strings with increasing crescendo leading to the last lines. (How's that for a poor attempt at orchestra language?) It goes da da da, da da da, da da da, da da da, and then back to one last repeat (reprise?) of the theme. Each da da da is a little louder, building the sense of anticipation, except with some of the orchestras it was like a bunch of notes flying everywhere, fortunately not too loud, and then a sense of relief as they came back to the theme.

Edited by jmh123

OH MY GOD. First, I find out that you love JNT05 and watch the vingettes and tears come to your eyes and NOW I find out you like movies about crazy people builidng baseball fields in the middle of nowhere?

I will have to rethink our decision to turn you from a </not a mod> into a mod.

You can't hide baby.

:cryingwlaughter:

It's all about the corn!!

I promise to do next to nothing
BWAH! Hee.

I LURVE all kinds of musician talk. So I'll join you in whomping whoever says they're bored!

And as far as some of the cellists having problems staying in time during LAA - it's probably because the vocal and piano parts have some syncopation. That's one of the many things I really like about this song.

Definition of sycopation - A shift of accent in a passage or composition that occurs when a normally weak beat is stressed.

It's not that difficult to play songs with syncopation if you count and if you're used to it, or if you practice. More than likely the cellists didn't have a chance to practice with Clay and Jesse much ahead of time.

Edited by Gibby