#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

One of the things that has made me happy about this tour is some of the positive press Clay has been getting.

In Tampa I was sitting right next to a man who is a DJ on magic 94.9 which is a local radio station in Tampa.

The following is part of my Tampa recap.

The next interesting thing that happened to me was where I sat, or rather who was sitting right next to me. It was a young man who seemed to be in his 30's and had his little boy with him. We started talking and I was told they had never seen Clay in concert before. The man then told me his little boy, who is 8 years old had a meet and greet with Clay. My mind went sort of blank, huh?

He proceeded to tell me that he was a DJ on magic 94.9 which is a local radio station in Tampa. He gave his business card to hope4clay who was sitting next to me. His name is Chadd Thomas.

My assumption is he interviewd Clay. What I found interesting is that Mr. Thomas and his son attended the concert, and that Clay made the little boy a part of the concert by shining the spotlight on the child and asking him, who is my favorite singer?

It is futile to resist Clay Aiken when he works his magic.

Oh I loved that story of the little boy...yup as they say ...resistance is futile...

One of the things that has made me happy about this tour is some of the positive press Clay has been getting.

In Tampa I was sitting right next to a man who is a DJ on magic 94.9 which is a local radio station in Tampa.

The following is part of my Tampa recap.

The next interesting thing that happened to me was where I sat, or rather who was sitting right next to me. It was a young man who seemed to be in his 30's and had his little boy with him. We started talking and I was told they had never seen Clay in concert before. The man then told me his little boy, who is 8 years old had a meet and greet with Clay. My mind went sort of blank, huh?

He proceeded to tell me that he was a DJ on magic 94.9 which is a local radio station in Tampa. He gave his business card to hope4clay who was sitting next to me. His name is Chadd Thomas.

My assumption is he interviewd Clay. What I found interesting is that Mr. Thomas and his son attended the concert, and that Clay made the little boy a part of the concert by shining the spotlight on the child and asking him, who is my favorite singer?

It is futile to resist Clay Aiken when he works his magic.

Somebody wrote about this somewhere (CB?) and I think had emailed the guy who really enjoyed the concert and was thrilled that Clay spotlighted his son. Sorry I can't be more exact.

Edited by wandacleo

I can't keep up with this thread (tho' I've been on the computer all afternoon). Something's wrong... and yet so right here!

*squishes everyone I've shared a concert/bed/taxi/plane/dinner/equipment/coastercar/batteries/travellingpants with!!!*

Here's the thread from the CB: Tampa DJ

So, I email Chadd (he is the father of the boy Clay talked to during the show) and ask his thoughts about Clay performance, he was very nice to e-mail me back, here are his comments:

Hi Carmen!

Did you go to the show?

We did talk about it Monday morning around 7:15. I will tell you, I thought it was very entertaining and the fact that Clay spotlighted our son during the show and had him stand up in his chair as he asked him a question was one of the coolest things ever.

But man, those Clay fans. We sat right in front of group of young girls who finished every sentence he said and screamed waaaaayyyy too many times. They said they had already been to like 10 shows this year. WOW.

All in all, we had a great time. And for the short amount of time that he has been touring and entertaining at this level he came across as very seasoned and witty.

Thanks for listening!

Chadd (and Kristi)

I'm suprised no one else heard Chad the DJ talk about the concert on Monday morning..my husband leaves for work around 6:45am and said that while driving in Chad was doing the morning show and did mentioned what a great time he and Brendan had at the concert..spoke of the ladies next to him as mentioned in his email..said he really enjoyed the evening and so did his son..also said he would definitely see Clay again in concert if he came this way again..so all things are good with 94.9 here in Tampa..no they don't play Clays songs here but if the day comes that RCA comes around to back Clay I know that Chad & Christy (the morning DJ's) love Clay so there won't be any snide remarks..my husband said you could tell in the tone of Chads voice he's a Clayfan..
Edited by jmh123

Only that I am entirely incapable of entertaining the Clamie, Claymes, Clarmen, Clangela, Clocke, Clisty or any other "Cl-"s until I 've had time to perfect that fountain of youth/time machine I've been working on. Then I'm going to unleash my young, firm, super-intelligent, kind, super-sexy, funny, drop-dead-gorgous, hot, charitable, talented, humanitarian self on him and he won't ever have eyes for another.

I never claimed to have both feet planted firmly in reality.

I read this post, and then read your siggy, and somehow the two say totally different things. ROTFLOL!!!! I think many of us don't really have our feet planted in reality when it comes to our sexy boyfriend.

BTW, I've always loved the quote in your siggy. Yep, live life to the fullest, dammit!!

:RedGuy:

ETA: Here Bookwhore's siggy: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a ride!"

Edited by Gibby

I swear, he shore does love himself some cousin Jamie! This pic and the one from that newspaper article---his expression is one of pure bliss. No, I ain't shipping....per se. It's just....they do make a really cute couple...don't you think? :whistling-1:

once again lost a piece of electronic equipment... :rolleyes::blush: )

Yeah, I think he does love himself some cousin Jamie and her eyes take on a light when she's looking at him. Have no idea if anything is there but they do make a cute couple.

yourself a wonderful time watching him show up those smart little fifth graders.

Regarding Clay & Cousin Jamie, when have you ever held your cousin's thumb like this?

clayandjamiecloseup-1-1.png

And does the child on Clay's arm belong to Jamie?

showletter132.jpg

The way he looks at her ...

ClayatCedarPoint.jpg

And the way she looks at him ...

CedarPoint2007.jpg

I don't know, but if I was available and had a second or third cousin by marriage with feet like this ...

Piggies2-1.jpg

And was this HOT ....

clay006.jpg

Say, for instance, a no-blood relation cousin who I really liked a bunch when he looked like this ...

clayton3.jpg

And then he started looking like THIS ..... and wanted my hands in his hair all the time ....

claysmiling3.jpg

And if we really couldn't keep our hands off each other ...

quiana_3.jpg

Hell, I'd go for it. Not that I'm shipping or anything :cryingwlaughter: but saying "This is my cousin" could be grand subterfuge.

It wasn't lost on me when he told the frogs mating in the pond story about coming home at 1 or 2 in the morning with Jamie from his uncle's wedding. Does Jamie live with him?

Just my curiosity because they are a darling couple and seemingly devoted to each other.

And .... a lot of people have been noticing how happy Clay has been .... and

Okay, that all I got!

Edited by keepingfaith

Hee I know I am probably in the minority about this. I just don't find the long sustained note aesthetically pleasing. Although I appreciate how hard it is to do...its like holding a heavy weight and keeping your arms straight in the same position. it does take a lot of skill...but I kinda get bored with it. But he does do it well...so even if it is not my most favorite thing...I really won;t complain about it. What I loved is his improvisation on IWTKWLI...I hope he would develop that more...love soulful Clay.

Hey, y'all! I've been lurking, but I HAD to comment on this post. The thought of Clay skillfully holding his long, sustained, heavy weight, keeping his arms straight while I appreciate how hard it is and how he does it so well. I, personally, don't think I'd get ever get bored with it. Or did I mix that up? It's been that kind of a day. I found a pair of panties in my drawer marked size M. I don't know whether to be more depressed that I used to wear them or that I obviously haven't cleaned out that drawer in the past ten years.

But man, those Clay fans. We sat right in front of group of young girls who finished every sentence he said and screamed waaaaayyyy too many times. They said they had already been to like 10 shows this year. WOW.

He is referring to the Sean/Jesse posse. They had been to 10 shows this tour, LOL, not 10 show in a year.

The Sean/Jesse posse is composed of 3 teen girls and yes, they sat right behind us.

young, firm, super-intelligent, kind, super-sexy, funny, drop-dead-gorgous, hot, charitable, talented, humanitarian self .

OMG how do you know me so well?????? (Shut up Kandre)

:cryingwlaughter:

merrieeee, I recognized you immediately from that description. But you're also so humble, and prefer to travel incognito --- you left out that part, my dear.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Thanks so much for what you wrote earlier. The whole experience wouldn't have been the same without you. I'll never ever forget it. You peeker you. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

It's so much FUN watching all the "newbies" who have been in the fandom FOREVAH learning about this place of joy and sanity. Hee. This has been my "rest home" for a LONG time, but especially so in the last few weeks.

Watching all of you post as if nobody really knows you is really funny. I am multi-boardal ... not sure if that's a real word ... but this is where I come for R&R. Lately, I've been spending a LOT of time here...lol.

So glad to see so many familiar names. It's always a pleasue hanging with you guys. Relax, take your shoes off, unwind and celebrate the JOY that is CLAY. This place still remembers how to do that!!!

Edited by clayzedover

Only that I am entirely incapable of entertaining the Clamie, Claymes, Clarmen, Clangela, Clocke, Clisty or any other "Cl-"s until I 've had time to perfect that fountain of youth/time machine I've been working on. Then I'm going to unleash my young, firm, super-intelligent, kind, super-sexy, funny, drop-dead-gorgous, hot, charitable, talented, humanitarian self on him and he won't ever have eyes for another.

I never claimed to have both feet planted firmly in reality.

I read this post, and then read your siggy, and somehow the two say totally different things. ROTFLOL!!!! I think many of us don't really have our feet planted in reality when it comes to our sexy boyfriend.

BTW, I've always loved the quote in your siggy. Yep, live life to the fullest, dammit!!

:RedGuy:

ETA: Here Bookwhore's siggy: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a ride!"

Awww love that siggy!!!

I swear, he shore does love himself some cousin Jamie! This pic and the one from that newspaper article---his expression is one of pure bliss. No, I ain't shipping....per se. It's just....they do make a really cute couple...don't you think? :whistling-1:

Yeah, I think he does love himself some cousin Jamie and her eyes take on a light when she's looking at him. Have no idea if anything is there but they do make a cute couple.

yourself a wonderful time watching him show up those smart little fifth graders.

Regarding Clay & Cousin Jamie, when have you ever held your cousin's thumb like this?

showletter132.jpg

ClayatCedarPoint-1.jpg

CedarPoint2007.jpg

I don't know, but if I was available and had a second or third cousin by marriage with feet like this ...

Piggies2-1.jpg

And was this HOT ....

clay006.jpg

Say, for instance, a no-blood relation cousin who I really liked a bunch when he looked like this ...

clayton3.jpg

And then he started looking like THIS ..... and wanted my hands in his hair all the time ....

claysmiling3.jpg

quiana_3.jpg

Hell, I'd go for it. Not that I'm shipping or anything :cryingwlaughter: but saying "This is my cousin" could be grand subterfuge.

It wasn't lost on me when he told the frogs mating in the pond story about coming home at 1 or 2 in the morning with Jamie from his uncle's wedding. Does Jamie live with him?

Just my curiosity because they are a darling couple and seemingly devoted to each other.

Okay, that all I got!

WOW...you are giving me ideas...I admit they look cute together...all I can say is...I just want clay to be happy!!!!

young, firm, super-intelligent, kind, super-sexy, funny, drop-dead-gorgous, hot, charitable, talented, humanitarian self .

OMG how do you know me so well?????? (Shut up Kandre)

:cryingwlaughter:

Hee...I can totally believe this...uh huh I do!!!

Hee I know I am probably in the minority about this. I just don't find the long sustained note aesthetically pleasing. Although I appreciate how hard it is to do...its like holding a heavy weight and keeping your arms straight in the same position. it does take a lot of skill...but I kinda get bored with it. But he does do it well...so even if it is not my most favorite thing...I really won;t complain about it. What I loved is his improvisation on IWTKWLI...I hope he would develop that more...love soulful Clay.

Hey, y'all! I've been lurking, but I HAD to comment on this post. The thought of Clay skillfully holding his long, sustained, heavy weight, keeping his arms straight while I appreciate how hard it is and how he does it so well. I, personally, don't think I'd get ever get bored with it. Or did I mix that up? It's been that kind of a day. I found a pair of panties in my drawer marked size M. I don't know whether to be more depressed that I used to wear them or that I obviously haven't cleaned out that drawer in the past ten years.

BWAH!!! are you giving Muski a run for her money as the smut queen!?!?!

welcome!!!

Oh, gee thanks, keepingfaith. I'll go take that jump off the bridge now..... :cry4:

No, no, BW, don't do anything drastic!!! He may tire of her. Keep the faith, baby!

But, just saying, regarding this picture ....

quiana_3.jpg

He has his thumb and forefinger up inside her shirt sleeve. But I'm sure that's just inadvertent touching on his part. :eusa_whistle:

showletter132.jpg

ClayatCedarPoint.jpg

CedarPoint2007.jpg

Piggies2-1.jpg

And was this HOT ....

clay006.jpg

clayton3.jpg

claysmiling3.jpg

quiana_3.jpg

Okay, that all I got!

Now that had to take some time to put together!! :cryingwlaughter:

Still think he wouldn't always introduce her as his cousin if they were anything else but family.

And everyone Clay has ever known seems to live with him at one time or another!

But I do have a question. It was assumed for whatever reason that Jamie was married with kids. Yet, she travels with Clay doing his hair. Did we ever actually know for a fact she was married with kids and if so, how?

My understanding is that she is divorced with a little boy and she is living with him. I would like to think that he is just repaying a favor...Nanny helped he and Faye out when she left Vernon, gave them a place to stay and maybe Clay is doing that for Jamie, giving her a place to stay and job to help her get back on her feet.

Kim

How did she have the kids?? The stork brought them I guess. Yes, she was married to Clay's step-cousin but is now divorced. So she's Clay ex-step-cousin. And she has a son. I have no idea what she does with him while she's flaunting traveling with Clay. I'm wondering if maybe his father has custody, or shared custody? I would think if she had custody she would go home and be with him rather than staying at Clay's house when they're not on tour. But I don't know shit 'bout nuttin'.

Have you noticed in the last picture how much room there is between them. Yes, they have their arms around each other's soulders, but look how far her hip is from his side. Like she doesn't want to get too close. Yep, that's the way I see it! :whistling-1:

ETA: Or what Kim said. :))

Edited by Bookwhore

But I do have a question. It was assumed for whatever reason that Jamie was married with kids. Yet, she travels with Clay doing his hair. Did we ever actually know for a fact she was married with kids and if so, how?
No idea about her status, past or present. But, didn't Kristy used to be married. And Jaymes Foster used to be married. So it wouldn't surprise me if Jamie used to be married, too. If she's still married, she has one hell of an understanding husband! Somehow, I've never known men like that. Heard about them. Just never found one in real life!

I read on one of the boards ( I believe CH, but don't quote me on that) that Jamie's mother was Ray Parker's niece, which would make Jamie, Brett's second cousin.

Kim

My understanding is that she is divorced with a little boy and she is living with him.

Problem is.. "understandings" vary. I prefer sources. Named sources. Otherwise, it's just hearsay.

If you insist...Littlec at CV.

Kim

This is getting waaaaay too complicated!!

My head is spinning! I am just curious enough to want to know just how they are related. I keep hearing different versions of the truth. The one consistency seems to be that she is on Ray Parker's side of the family so not a blood cousin, thus allowing all the shipping!

All I know is if I was romantically involved with my step-cousin I wouldn't keep calling him my cousin!

ETA: And littlec at CV knows how?