#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

welcome xxx4clay...always was intrigued by your name...oh and word on your post.

I do understand that at times a member of this board may feel worried about somethign or angry or upset...I say go ahead and post..but I think most peole here will give you a hug...give their opinion...then move on.

We don;t like wallowing here....and NO LEMMINGS here...

Mr. Aiken certainly is a touch-feely kind of guy. I wouldn't mind some of that . . .

:hubbahubba:

BWAH! Gibby, I swear, I said out loud to myself, 'He's such a touchy-feely kind of guy'!!! And, well, he is!!

xxx Thanks so much for the pretty gift! And thank you for steering me here!

I'm really looking forward to getting to know all those I haven't known from CV!!!

And thank you for being such a welcoming board - you rock!!!

To everyone saying how much they loved certain performances!! Word!!!! I was crazy for "heartache and pain" - loved it - LAA - slayed me each and every time and BYLM made me a schmoopy mess.

I thought the medley's were sheer genius and would love to have been a fly on the wall watching the group together rehearsing for the first time!!! No wonder Clay spoke of being nervous of how they would go over before the tour - amazing concepts - but they worked so well and I just can't believe how much fun he makes his tours.

The man is entertainment gold! platinum! multi-platinum!!!

He does things to me that he shouldn't!!! :lol:

eta: lajeterfan I LOVE the Yankees!!!!! And I LOVE Derek Jeter!!!! :)

WooHoo! Thanks for that! I feel like I have an ally now!

Don't you love his tactile sensuality? Looks like he was needing to wrap those toes around something, and the bottom of the micstand was the best he had.

Love that way of putting it: "tactile sensuality". He always has to be touching something. :DoClay:

Yeah, he's very much a touchy-feely guy! (Ha- just as I'm proof-reading my post, I see that several others have just used this same phrase. That's what I get for always being too slow on the uptake!)It always makes me think of the statement from an old friend of his from way back when- that he is very much into "invading personal space", or something like that. May I just say that my personal space is very much up for grabs anytime he wants!

XXX4Clay So glad to see another familiar name!!! And with such purdies.

I was reading through quickly, trying to catch up, and I read Keepingfaith's line about "Don't you just love his tactile sensuality" and I thought it said TESTICLE sensuality, and I was thinking OMG, this is SO my kind of place!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Tactile sensuality is good too.

Hi! I’m new here. (Oh, god, I really suck at these introductory posts so please be patient with me.) Anyway, several people had recommended this place to me and I have been lurking the past few days and I like what I see! What a concept! A Clay Aiken message board where you can pretty much say what you think and actually bask in some Clay Joy!

WORD!!!

More welcomes to all new members/delurkers -- xxx4clay, woolovereyes, texwriter, ncgran4clay, and lindylo. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thank you for the beautiful gifts, xxx! :Thud:

**waves** to Toni down below! Weve been enjoying your pix, too! :clap:

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

*gasp* I just spent all afternoon downloading TOA's and my other assignments.

My absolute favorite song of the whole concert! The Columbus reviewer loved it too!

--

Good God, look at those toes!

OMG, did he actually go barefoot for the whole show? :lmaosmiley-1:

Love that group photo, especially where Clay's hands are. Did you also notice his hands in the DF gala photo posted upthread? Honestly, someone should do an album of Clay's hands touching various spots of female anatomy. :hubbahubba:(Except the Mezhgan photo...don't want to go down that road again!)

BTW...we often plan chat parties...and listening parties...and we are thinking of even having a viewing party.

Chat parties is when we have specific topics and for 15 or 20 minutes we post on that specific topic ...Its pretty fun and exciting and we do serious and silly topics.

Listening party...we listen to certain clay music and talk about it for a set period of time

finally viewing party...much like the listening party we all watch certain clack at the same time and comment on it. We might choose a concert and watch it together...

so many possibilities...

so if y'all have suggestions for topics and what you want to listen to or view together ...we can schedule something when we find a lull...

but this week...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the AYSTAFG...

Ohhh, I like the sound of that.

Canuck, XXX, glad to see you here :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by bottlecap

Ah...another 6:12 pm, another day of zero accomplishments. Good grief, I've been a slug today. Ain't done nuthin'.

I swear, he shore does love himself some cousin Jamie! This pic and the one from that newspaper article---his expression is one of pure bliss. No, I ain't shipping....per se. It's just....they do make a really cute couple...don't you think? :whistling-1:

With all the newbies, it does take some getting used to, I have to say. I'm used to 'knowing' pretty much everybody here but dang! I think I'll need to scope the new landscape out for a bit.... :medium-smiley-070:

I do have a question for KAndre or Ansa or somebody who enslaved me to listening to all the MOAMs of the concert....Are people just downloading every single download of every single concert's song they're assigned? I mean, for example...in WPB, should I listen to all the MOAMs from the different videographers/audiographers? For every concert? :scream:

(muski runs off to charge her little mini iPod that she just found, having spent the last week or so thinking that she'd once again lost a piece of electronic equipment... :rolleyes::blush: )

ETA: saw this by berkeley at CH as they're discussing Clay tickets, being up front all the time, what a good seat is, etc.

Put a pushpin in, say, Philadelphia, then draw a circle around it extending 500 miles. The cities found in that circle represent around half the stops on many of Clay's tours --- and that is also the distance from Sacramento to San Diego, CA. Even when Clay comes to California, I often have to pay for hotels, restaurants and a hell of a lot of gas. Brokers and multiple upgrades aren't going to happen, except as true rarities.

Wow....I think she's right about the geographical distribution of his concerts....unfortunately (since I'm on the West Coast <_< )

Edited by muskifest

:cry4:

AAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!! JaMar that was mean! You know I'm emotionally ill-equipped to handle pictures of the Clamie. Take it back!!!! :cry4:

ETA: Oops...mea culpa. I was blaming JaMar for the Clamie picture...it was Ansa.

**sniffle** **averts eyes**

Edited by Bookwhore

I was reading through quickly, trying to catch up, and I read Keepingfaith's line about "Don't you just love his tactile sensuality" and I thought it said TESTICLE sensuality, and I was thinking OMG, this is SO my kind of place!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

After looking at some of the photos that were posted last night, I think testacle sensuality would work too! :cryingwlaughter:

I do have a question for KAndre or Ansa or somebody who enslaved me to listening to all the MOAMs of the concert....Are people just downloading every single download of every single concert's song they're assigned? I mean, for example...in WPB, should I listen to all the MOAMs from the different videographers/audiographers? For every concert?

For me, I limited my downloads to just audio clips. They seem to be plentiful. I don't know if thats the way it's supposed to be done or not.

I suppose I should learn the rules of the game before I offer to play. :cryingwlaughter:

Ah...another 6:12 pm, another day of zero accomplishments. Good grief, I've been a slug today. Ain't done nuthin'.

Don't ya hate Sunday nights? Cuz, like just a moment ago it was Friday night and you had the whole weekend ahead of you? And all of a sudden Monday morning looms? Like...how'd that happen? :scream:

---

BW... I swear...it wasn't me. Posting pictures requires effort and in case you haven't noticed I'm a bit lazy like that...

Edited by jamar1700

ok, this made me laugh...yeah, I'm easy, I know. :RedGuy:

That 'tactile sensuality' thingy though, I think it's just us projecting. (though I admit, it's a pretty decent thing to project about) I mean as much as it hurts me to say this, I think Clay's 'tactile sense' has little to do with sensuality. He's a teacher of kids, and has been for awhile...both at the Y camps and in the classroom, and nothing on this earth is as 'tactile' as a kid. Especially working in a special needs setting, I imagine Clay is all about 'hands on' learning. (God, that sounds so much better on a Clay Aiken message board than it does it my curriculum meetings)

Thing is, you don't know what came first. Is he all tactile and all because he's been around kids, or was this just a natural instinct that served him very well as a teacher...?

anyhow >>> this is me... :wordpooper: ...now, back to smutting and such...

I swear, he shore does love himself some cousin Jamie! This pic and the one from that newspaper article---his expression is one of pure bliss. No, I ain't shipping....per se. It's just....they do make a really cute couple...don't you think? :whistling-1:

With all the newbies, it does take some getting used to, I have to say. I'm used to 'knowing' pretty much everybody here but dang! I think I'll need to scope the new landscape out for a bit.... :medium-smiley-070:

I do have a question for KAndre or Ansa or somebody who enslaved me to listening to all the MOAMs of the concert....Are people just downloading every single download of every single concert's song they're assigned? I mean, for example...in WPB, should I listen to all the MOAMs from the different videographers/audiographers? For every concert? :scream:

(muski runs off to charge her little mini iPod that she just found, having spent the last week or so thinking that she'd once again lost a piece of electronic equipment... :rolleyes::blush: )

Yeah, I think he does love himself some cousin Jamie and her eyes take on a light when she's looking at him. Have no idea if anything is there but they do make a cute couple.

Couchie, have yourself a wonderful time watching him show up those smart little fifth graders.

Ok...this is what I do with rating.

I listen to one clear audio or video from every concert...I eliminate the concerts where he may have a bad note or the orchestra sound bad or where there is a screamer that ruined a moment.

I then listen to every version of the concerts that pass the first test to find the best version.

Yeah, I think he does love himself some cousin Jamie and her eyes take on a light when she's looking at him. Have no idea if anything is there but they do make a cute couple.

I think he loves Jamie as family. If there were anything else between them I doubt he would keep referring to her as his cousin! JMO and all that.

Hey, since I'm from Philadelphia, I like that pushpin. But really, I get tired of the seat drama. I've sat so many different places and have always enjoyed the concert.

You from Philly? Me too! Well, sort of. Not from the city but out in the country/suburbs.

Ok, I think I need to read the rules and guidelines for how to do the clack recommendations before I go much further. I am confuzzled!

:nanarow: For all the new/old faces...waves to Canuck, xxx4clay, Champion, Texwriter, Lindylo and just everybody!

Okay now for the important stuff...I love Clay's toes and all his other body parts, but what really does it for me is his.....adam's apple...ever since BMUB...pictures, anyone?

Kim

AAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!! JaMar that was mean! You know I'm emotionally ill-equipped to handle pictures of the Clamie. Take it back!!!! :cry4:

ETA: Oops...mea culpa. I was blaming JaMar for the Clamie picture...it was Ansa.

Heee....ok do we wnat to know about this????

Hey, since I'm from Philadelphia, I like that pushpin. But really, I get tired of the seat drama. I've sat so many different places and have always enjoyed the concert.

Yup...I've only been to 5 concerts and my seats were all over the place...one 3rd row totally to the side...one 13th row...and the best was 4th row after the pit at the Greek (thanks KAndre). I enjoyed everyone of them. I understand wanting to be closer...but I know the people that are up close were willing to work harder or pay more or upgrade...and I didn't so...its cool. i;m just going to enjoy Clay and the whole experience the best I can.

ok, this made me laugh...yeah, I'm easy, I know. :RedGuy:

Yes....because that's just smut. And we're Clay Aiken fans. And he knows we like the double entendre.

That 'tactile sensuality' thingy though, I think it's just us projecting. (though I admit, it's a pretty decent thing to project about) I mean as much as it hurts me to say this, I think Clay's 'tactile sense' has little to do with sensuality. He's a teacher of kids, and has been for awhile...both at the Y camps and in the classroom, and nothing on this earth is as 'tactile' as a kid. Especially working in a special needs setting, I imagine Clay is all about 'hands on' learning. (God, that sounds so much better on a Clay Aiken message board than it does it my curriculum meetings)

Thing is, you don't know what came first. Is he all tactile and all because he's been around kids, or was this just a natural instinct that served him very well as a teacher...?

Totally agree with this. There are many people out there who are "touchers." It has nothing to do with sensuality, at least in the conscious sense. It seems to me that Clay could be one, and like laughn, I'm not sure if the chicken or the egg came first.

Also totally agree about the projection aspect. I think that while there is a bunch of stuff that he does where he so KNOWS it's going to make the girls screams...there's just as much that he just does as a nervous habit. The microphone thing is a good example. I know it's a major turnon to many; me, I just see a nervous tic. A suggestive nervous tic, but still just a nervous tic. *shrug*

Seat drama? For me, it goes on a case by case basis. I've done the "buy one crappy ticket and I'm done" thing (caused the best clack I've ever taken though -- thank God the jumbotron guy was really, really good that night). I've also bought 4 tickets to a single show. Upgraded more than a few times....but then also have been perfectly satisfied to sit halfway back in other shows too. I've decided that for the Merrillville Christmas show, I'm going to play "upgrade tango" and see what transpires. If nothing happens, I've still got a seat, one that I will be perfectly happy with.

I think he loves Jamie as family. If there were anything else between them I doubt he would keep referring to her as his cousin! JMO and all that.

Welp ... that's where I'm at. My own kids had step cousins who they were raised with as cousins. Doesn't matter to them that there is no blood relation. They think of them as cousins. I have been informed by others that the South is different so maybe I know jackshit. Per usual.

Ok, I think I need to read the rules and guidelines for how to do the clack recommendations before I go much further. I am confuzzled!

I think you'll find as you go along, as I did, that many already have put up great audio clips. Start there.

Edited by jamar1700

Heee....ok do we wnat to know about this????

Only that I am entirely incapable of entertaining the Clamie, Claymes, Clarmen, Clangela, Clocke, Clisty or any other "Cl-"s until I 've had time to perfect that fountain of youth/time machine I've been working on. Then I'm going to unleash my young, firm, super-intelligent, kind, super-sexy, funny, drop-dead-gorgous, hot, charitable, talented, humanitarian self on him and he won't ever have eyes for another.

I never claimed to have both feet planted firmly in reality.

One of the things that has made me happy about this tour is some of the positive press Clay has been getting.

In Tampa I was sitting right next to a man who is a DJ on magic 94.9 which is a local radio station in Tampa.

The following is part of my Tampa recap.

The next interesting thing that happened to me was where I sat, or rather who was sitting right next to me. It was a young man who seemed to be in his 30's and had his little boy with him. We started talking and I was told they had never seen Clay in concert before. The man then told me his little boy, who is 8 years old had a meet and greet with Clay. My mind went sort of blank, huh?

He proceeded to tell me that he was a DJ on magic 94.9 which is a local radio station in Tampa. He gave his business card to hope4clay who was sitting next to me. His name is Chadd Thomas.

My assumption is he interviewd Clay. What I found interesting is that Mr. Thomas and his son attended the concert, and that Clay made the little boy a part of the concert by shining the spotlight on the child and asking him, who is my favorite singer?

It is futile to resist Clay Aiken when he works his magic.