#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

Man, that picture makes me shmoopie... Clay's family!

Gotta say, that man takes any excuse to have some part of his body touching some part of the female anatomy... LOL

Well, that may explain the - don't post a picture of Clay falling on the internet request by Jerome. AND it also validates many of the people who wonder just how those pants stayed on! I really never felt all that comfortable in low riders and I have the + ass to hold them up!
Ha! Where did Jerome post his request? That must have been the night in the line when Jerome gathered a few familiar faces for a "personal" conversation. I can't help it. Clay is so cute when he's embarrassed. I don't have to see the embarrassing moment itself, but his reactions are so darling.

I love comparison pictures. The boy to the man.

YSRN your picture of Clay reminds me of how he looked at the AI-2 concert meet and greet I had in Sacramento. When he signed his autograph, I took a good look at him. He looked like such a young kid back then. Can't say that any longer. Most of us have seen the evolving look of Clay Aiken. He keeps us guessing.

I find Clay to be a complicated, fascinating man. Never ever a dull moment being one of his fans. That is why 4 years later I am still remain a fan.

Thanks for all the great pictures. Yep, a mighty fine looking, fascinating man!

I look at that picture and realize that everyone seems to have a sense of personal space except Clay - laughter3.gif
Looking at that picture, I think it may be a Southern thing. At least our family photographs are filled with shots of people all up close and hands on. I've got a couple of aunts who will hands-on-face-pucker-kiss you every time you walk back into a room. No lie!

I look at that picture and realize that everyone seems to have a sense of personal space except Clay - laughter3.gif

Especially Jerome! :lol:

beenthinking... hey, I was there too. My first Clay concert evah. Almost exactly four years ago.

KingsAI2.jpg

That must have been the night in the line when Jerome gathered a few familiar faces for a "personal" conversation.

I don't remember hearing that Jerome requested we not post those kinds of pictures. I read in a M&G recap that Clay said he didn't mind if we in the family saw pictures of him falling on his butt, but he didn't want them to end up on entertainment shows. Did Jerome make a specific request? What was the gist of the 'personal' conversation? Was he dressing someone down? I'm nosey. Could you tell?

Looking at that picture, I think it may be a Southern thing. At least our family photographs are filled with shots of people all up close and hands on. I've got a couple of aunts who will hands-on-face-pucker-kiss you every time you walk back into a room. No lie!

Not just a Southern thing; I come from an Italian family and we used to joke that it would take us 20 minutes to say hello and good-bye there was so much kissing and hugging going on...you had to kiss every Grandparent, Aunt, Uncle, Cousin, etc. and it was full mouth-to-mouth kissing.

Kim

West Palm Beach _ makinaiken1_TWYMMF

ETA: I doubt the lady I talked to provided this clack, because she told me the pants came DOWN. Down, I tell you. She said Clay didn't exactly "fall" but that his pants came down and he went to the floor with it. And she was an eyewitness. She said she had it. The moment is blurred on this video. Maybe discretion is the best part of valor. Maybe not. Can you imagine taking that clack!

He sings, "I've never been so embarrassed before" as he's getting back up on the stage. Such a doll.

I have to respectfully disagree with this "eyewitess" account. His shoes slipped on the carpet, and he slipped down and landed on his ass. He was right in front of me and I got a perfect view. Jerome and I both jumped at the same time and busted out laughing at the same time, when we knew he was OK.

To give you a feel for where I was see 070818_WPB_TWYMMF_JeromeCrackup_Claybill video @ 18 -20 and 33 seconds. I'm the blond sitting/perched against the railing.

I think 070818_WPB_Banter&TWYMMF_spotlightlover video @ 5:45 gives a pretty good perspective of what happened.

Poor Jerome. He was having a really hard time holding a belly-laugh in. Too cute.

I am the Clayfan Formerly Known As vjm. :cryingwlaughter:

I decided to take on a new boardname here, just because everything else feels so fresh, why not me, too?

My new name is actully a mistake on my part...nothing new. I meant for it to be quackyvee, but made a semantic substitution and quacky became ducky. It works for me. Quacky (with its ducky substitute) is an affectionate nickname from my youth, but I am not telling that story. Vee is a nod to my former board name lest I forget from whence I came.

My Clay history.....

I've been following Clay since his audition aired on AI. I will never forget that night. I was in my bedroom, doing some mundane task (packing books? folding laundry? I'm not big on details), had AI on in the background, but wasn't really watching. I didn't know much about it the show at that time. I heard that voice, dropped what I was doing, sat on the edge of the bed, enthralled, and that was it. I was gone. I thought he was 3rd best in his group of 8, but never doubted he'd be back for the Wildcard. How could he not? I was naive about things then. And WC Night - well, that's when I knew he'd be around for the duration. I started reading the boards early, by coincidence. I was out the night of results show when Julia DaMato was eliminated, and when I got home, I couldn't get to the computer fast enough to see if I could find anything. Not that I thought Clay was vulnerable. I just needed to read about it. I Googled AI, clicked on sirlinksalot, and found a whole world out there that I never knew existed. There was so much more activity on Clay than any of the others that I was never worried about him. Even when he lost, I knew he'd be around. The interest was just too great to ignore. If anything, my interest has become stronger over the years.

The boards.... I followed FORT, TWOP, TTC, ATCA, but never posted at any of them. I found my first home in the HDD thread at RHT. I was all about the numbers :22: (There are some great angels here - yes, I am distractible) at that point. I avoided the rest of the board for the most part - too much drama for me. I joined the exodus of that group to CV, and remain invovled there with a low profile. There's a lot I appreciate about that board, and I will continue to support it, but I avoid the main discussion except on lighter topics. It's just too much work for me to think about what's OK to say, and what's an acceptable way to say it. I understand how that came to be and respect the intention, but it's better for me to stay out of it. I'm glad to be here. Thanks, JaMar.

Edited by duckyvee

My cup (and Clay's) runneth over.

Really...smoke? Not what I'd be blowin' if I had the chance to be that close to his ass.

Did I just say that? I think I need to go mow the lawn and say a few Hail Mary's.

HE SIMPLY MUST BE SPORTING A TURTLENECK this Winter too. :Thud:

I thought the Holy Grail shot indicated otherwise.... Oh wait, did you mean, like, a sweater? Never mind then.

BWAH! and BWAH! again... :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1: (Although I do agree with whoever said that from all the pics and video evidence, we can assume CLay doesn't WEAR a cup...)

I honestly need to readjust my checking in habits at FCA, I believe. I used to just pop in, check with what's happened since I last checked in and then insert some useless commentary or smutty picture or boring tale of one or both of my daughters and then slip away 'til next time.

Takes a bit more time than just 'poppin' in can handle these days, hee! Welcome, all newbies! And by the way, woolovereyes, I EEEEEE'd a bit when I saw your name since I always looked forward to your posts on my story threads, but I don't get the I Survived You reference re: your board name. :huh: If it's ridiculously obvious, just attribute my obtuseness to the fact that most of my brain cells are usually working overtime on smut patrol. B)

West Palm Beach _ makinaiken1_TWYMMF

ETA: I doubt the lady I talked to provided this clack, because she told me the pants came DOWN. Down, I tell you. She said Clay didn't exactly "fall" but that his pants came down and he went to the floor with it. And she was an eyewitness. She said she had it. The moment is blurred on this video. Maybe discretion is the best part of valor. Maybe not. Can you imagine taking that clack!

He sings, "I've never been so embarrassed before" as he's getting back up on the stage. Such a doll.

I have to respectfully disagree with this "eyewitess" account. His shoes slipped on the carpet, and he slipped down and landed on his ass. He was right in front of me and I got a perfect view. Jerome and I both jumped at the same time and busted out laughing at the same time, when we knew he was OK.

To give you a feel for where I was see 070818_WPB_TWYMMF_JeromeCrackup_Claybill video @ 18 -20 and 33 seconds. I'm the blond sitting/perched against the railing.

I think 070818_WPB_Banter&TWYMMF_spotlightlover video @ 5:45 gives a pretty good perspective of what happened.

Poor Jerome. He was having a really hard time holding a belly-laugh in. Too cute.

You got the best view of just about anyone, except for the gals in the row before ours!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!! It was soooo funny watching Jerome just cracking up at Clay!!!!!!!! We never thought he'd jump off the stage right in front of us! What a special night!!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: That moment will go down as one of my special concert memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you were there! But the lady I spoke with after the show said she had the perfect "rear" view and there was pants slippage.

Re: the Jerome convo -- he handpicked a few fans to discuss something with. What he was telling them or asking them I have no idea, but I got the feeling it was between friends.

Edited because the quote didn't match the text!

Edited by keepingfaith

Takes a bit more time than just 'poppin' in can handle these days, hee! Welcome, all newbies! And by the way, woolovereyes, I EEEEEE'd a bit when I saw your name since I always looked forward to your posts on my story threads, but I don't get the I Survived You reference re: your board name. :huh: If it's ridiculously obvious, just attribute my obtuseness to the fact that most of my brain cells are usually working overtime on smut patrol. B)

I Survived You

I see the picture clear now

and the fog has lifted

the wool you tried to pull over my eyes was clever

yeah you're gifted

but you forgot to dot some i's and cross some t's along the way

I'm better now despite you baby

I'm stronger these days, stronger

OMG, girl!! You were right there. Were you in heaven?????

Well, you were there! But the lady I spoke with after the show said she had the perfect "rear" view and there was pants slippage.

Re: the Jerome convo -- he handpicked a few fans to discuss something with. What he was telling them or asking them I have no idea, but I got the feeling it was between friends.

Edited because the quote didn't match the text!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: I know your's was a second-hand account. I just felt the need to give my perspective.

I was tha_rilled!! (tm CA)

I can't seem to pick a favorite song or genre for Clay to sing or a favorite show. I've loved them all because there has been something special about each one. Over time, I find that I have several favorite songs mostly from concerts and they vary from up tempo to slow.

What I'm looking for now is to find what is the favorite concert version of Everything I Have. I don't have time to download many songs and am hoping someone can help me out on this one with a recommendation.