Photoshop Techniques

Your wish is my command Hee!

sorry had to take link out...it was very beautiful merrieee hope to see one with an image we can use...see jmh's and my post below...ansa

I could spend forever playing with the blending tool!

I know I cut of the don't crop label but I just wanted to see what it would look like!

took link out sorry...ansa

I know I cut of the don't crop label but I just wanted to see what it would look like!

Does that mean we can't use it as a banner.. :cry4: :cry4:

I noticed on your screen shot here that you already have it, laughn! Just click on the Styles tab and see what you've got!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Thank you cha cha! I'm playing with it now! whoo-hoo!!

merrieeee, that's beautiful, even if it can't be used.

took link out...sorry..ansa

Does that mean we can't use it as a banner.. :cry4: :cry4:

Maybe if we put the tag back on it????????

LOVELY LOVERLY!! merrieeee!!!

Do not crop means do not crop, period--once you do that then you've already done what the person who obtained the photos asked us not to do. And when you post in on a public board, you can't even control where it goes. I'd hate to see all the fans deprived of seeing these beautiful photos because people just will not understand, "Do not remove this tag, crop and/or alter this image." Personally, I think using it as a banner with unreadable tag line is flaunting FCA's utter disregard for mee2u2's request. Sorry to throw cold water on this, but we're so lucky to have this source. I'd feel a lot better if this example were deleted. It's very beautiful, but to me it says, FU mee2u2. If we do it, then others are going to feel emboldened to do it as well. Sorry, I just feel like it's really wrong.

ETA: Thanks ansa. I'm so sorry merrieeee because I know you didn't mean any harm by it. I was going to PM ansa and let her and "anonymous" take the heat, and then I thought that would be gutless of me. I've seen mee2u2 close access down over these issues before, and regardless of how people may feel about whether it is necessary, she obviously feels that it is, and she makes her expectations really clear.

ETA again: this post set the stage for my reaction, but I figured it's only an avatar. Probably should've spoken up then.

I do agree jmh...I was not going to use it for a banner...but since this is a tutorial thread I thought it would be ok...but you are right someone can still copy it an use it.

sorry merrieee...I will have to take the link out... :cry4: :cry4:

I'm sorry I did not mean any harm. I feel truly chastized! I won't do it again.

Sorry for egging you on too merrrieeee.

I thought someone would say something about the avie too.

Anyhow - I did say "maybe" ... :sorry:

However, I would still like to see that banner with another different updated image!!

Thanks guys. I am really having a lot of fun with this. Of course a lot more of my examples are so wonderful will never see the light of day...really bad!

I have bought some used books of Amazon and am trying to figure them out! My problem is I mess around and I do something I think is good and then I cannot remember how I got there or how to replicate it. Maybe I should take notes!

cha cha...I think there are people that are interested and would like to try it out later on, like couchie...so I think we should just continue to do stuff and keep it available for people to follow.

Merieee...I think the best way to learn the program is to simply experiment. There are a lot of effects that I learned just by clicking on options and moving the slides. Just be familiar with your undo and revert buttons...and you will be fearless in your exploration.

One of the features of PS that I think is very powerful...is the layer blending options. You can combine the different effects and experiment with the ind of contour you use cos this is what will help you get different types of 3d look to your images.

cha cha...I think there are people that are interested and would like to try it out later on, like couchie...so I think we should just continue to do stuff and keep it available for people to follow.

I agree. I have a lot of things I'd like to try that I learned here, but I'm not up to working on them at the moment. It's nice to know I have this thread as a resource when I am able.

I agree. I have a lot of things I'd like to try that I learned here, but I'm not up to working on them at the moment. It's nice to know I have this thread as a resource when I am able.

OK - good!! would you like to do something with BRUSHES next??

I was thinking of something like this (the stars are made with brushes)

galaxie11-06-1440X900.jpg

this is 1440x900 wallpaper and if you want the other format, go HERE.

and by the time I get something written up, I'll probably come up with a couple more examples!!

:clap: keep up the good work!! and post some pretties!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

PROJECT USING THE BRUSH TOOL WITH THE STAR SELECTION

Here is the default brush pallet ---

brush-pallet.jpg

Start your project the usual way... (refer to tutorial on page 1 if you need help starting out)

• choose a photo

open a new file and size it

choose a background

this wallpaper has four layers (top to bottom):

galaxie11-06-1440X900-sm.jpg

• the text layer

the image layer (Select>Feather>25 pixels - copy/paste - move)

the "cloud" layer (select 2 colors that will blend well and use Filter>Render>Clouds)

the background layer (Paint Bucket)

layerpallet-stars.jpg

Now let's make some stars!

Select your brush tool, and click the little arrow to get the menu at the top of the window (in between the pic of the brush and the mode):

brushmenu.jpg

• Choose the star brush. The default is 29 pixels and that's what I used.

On the image layer I used the brush with a light grey/blue color, the same as the clouds layer.

On the clouds layer I used the eraser tool so the light blue background layer shows though.

That's it!! Simple huh?? Have fun playing around with the brushes!

Later we'll do some more stuff with brushes. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Here is a Word Doc for this tutorial - please save to your hard drive.

A FEW MORE FUN THINGS TO DO WITH BRUSHES

EXPERIMENT!

Find your Brush Dynamics Options panel. If it's not visible, go to Window>Brushes and if it's not checked, click on it. If it is checked, then it is somewhere on your workplace.

Here is the Brush Dynamics Options panel with the Brush tool set on the Star brush, and Scattering and Color Dynamics selections checked.

brushes-adj.jpg

Here's what one stroke with the stars tools does with those settings:

brushes-stars2.jpg

colors were set on light green #CCFF99 and black #000000 (<--those are zeros)

the image is 7 in x 2 in.

Now change the black to another color of green #009900 by clicking on the color selector and entering the number in the box at the bottom, and go to the brush menu and click on the grass brushgrasstool.jpg. Make a new file 7x2 in with a white background. Brush the grass across the document several times, and you'll get something like this:

brushes-grass.jpg

Make another new file and change to the maple leaf tool, and try it. Do a stroke with the 2 green colors and then change to orange #FF6600 and red # FF0000 and do a couple more swipes. You'll get something like this!

brush-fallleaves.jpg

Try it with a few other brushes and play around with the settings, each selection has its own set of sliders.

Here's another little fun thing I did while I was playing around with the brushes.....

brush-stars2.jpg

(Obviously), I spelled Clay with the stars, but then I made a new layer behind it and used the paint bucket to fill it with red, and then I switched to yellow and filled each star. grin.gif

Enjoy yourselves!

SceneInGrey-1.jpg

The brush stuff is really addiciting. I loved the splotch one. I did it in three different colours and then liquified. It really is hard to know when is "enough".

merrrieeee!! BEAUTIFUL! I really like it!! You are getting so good! I'm glad you are having fun.

Which brush is the "splotch" one? It's hard to tell what you used with all that "water" over it!! :cryingwlaughter:

Can you post a small picture of the original "splotch"? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

btw - I have hardly ever used the "liquify" filter!! Good Job!! :clap:

Here is a cool tutorial I found with a really cool video technique of showing you how to complete the task. I wish I knew how to make cool vids like that one!!

HOW TO MAKE A FROSTED BORDER

scroll down a bit to the big "Launch Video" button.

And here's one about how to make a watermark on your photo.

Forget the lasso tool!!! Here's another way to remove the background from a photo!

If anyone else has found a helpful tutorial online, please share!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: