Photoshop Techniques

This is the splotch. It is actually Brush 59 Just clicked instead of painted on.

Test.jpg

merrrieee - you are finding your way around really well on Photoshop! The splotch is a very good name for that brush!! I thought you meant this one:

fuzzball.jpg

but this one is called "fuzzball" - if you hover the cursor over the brush for a second it'll tell you the name of it.

Or, you can change the view of your brush preset picker so you can read the names! (see diagram below)

And here's some more stuff to play with!! You can change the view of your brush preset picker, and you can add some different brushes to try!

brush-preset-picker.jpg

Note on adding brushes: it's a good idea to make a note somewhere (maybe you are keeping a Photoshop Notebook of all the procedures you like?)

of what brushes you have added and the beginning and end brush of the group. Then if you add more than one group, you won't end up with duplicates.

Here's how to make a diagram like the one above:

• Hit the PrtScrn button (to the right of F12)

Open a new file ( or hit Ctrl n) It will be the size off your monitor screen.

Hit Paste (Edit>Paste or Ctrl p).

Use rectangular marquis to crop the image down to the part you wanted to copy.

Go to Image>Canvas Size and increase the size of the canvas,

...remember the background color displayed on your color selector will be the color of your background.

Make a new layer for each line (made with a hard round 3 pixel brush) and text line.

Use the move tool to position then where you want them.

Save As psd file and then Save For Web.

PrtScrn>File>New>Edit>Paste>Image>Crop is how I made the screen shot below

clay-3.jpg:hubbahubba:

Ahhh, the things I am learning!!...First, my old dinosaur doesn't have a star shape....BUT by looking, I found all the other applications of the brush tool...then merrieeee got me looking at liquify....and, well, I'm still playing.

cha cha, thanks for this thread. :F_05BL17blowkiss: I'll try to post things along the way...

(maybe you are keeping a Photoshop Notebook of all the procedures you like?)

Ha, that would make way too much sense!

I love the video of how to crop but he goes a bit too fast for me so I have to keep replaying it....hmm just like a Clay video*g*

I have come to the realisation that I have not d/l nearly enough pics of Clay! I never have been one to d/l a lot but now I see the error of my ways!

Thanks for all the help.

The border tutorial was really easy to follow.....tada! I'm not quite sure how I ended up with Clay outside the border but I kind of like it.

BorderBlue.jpg

Are you sure you are putting up those banners in the proper place...there are several that I would like to use sometime in the future.

I do think I will put up one banner that rcknrllmom made some time ago that I think got piled on in the pm box...I just love having so many banners to choose from.

Are you sure you are putting up those banners in the proper place...there are several that I would like to use sometime in the future.

I do think I will put up one banner that rcknrllmom made some time ago that I think got piled on in the pm box...I just love having so many banners to choose from.

ansa - I'm not sure I knew where the proper place is!!! The one I made is in my personal gallery.

Where is it supposed to be???? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

(maybe you are keeping a Photoshop Notebook of all the procedures you like?)

Ha, that would make way too much sense!

BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter: I have some notes on Post-it Notes all over my office and a notebook! Also files in a special folder on the computer. Also, saving in the psd format helps because you can reopen it and see what the layers are and the font you used, or blending options. And btw, if you check back on a couple of the tutorials, I've added a downloadable Word doc you can keep.

I love the video of how to crop but he goes a bit too fast for me so I have to keep replaying it....hmm just like a Clay video*g*

Pause Pause Pause!!!

I have come to the realisation that I have not d/l nearly enough pics of Clay! I never have been one to d/l a lot but now I see the error of my ways!

Right-click and save like there's no tomorrow!! Make special folders so you can find what you're looking for!

Thanks for all the help.

goldstar.gifYou are my best student!! :11:

The border tutorial was really easy to follow.....tada! I'm not quite sure how I ended up with Clay outside the border but I kind of like it.

BorderBlue.jpg

LOOKIT YOU!! And you just keep getting better!! A month ago you would have thought that banner was complicated. Look how much you've learned!! :clap:

ansa - I'm not sure I knew where the proper place is!!! The one I made is in my personal gallery.

Where is it supposed to be???? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

there is a banner gallery...you can make your own album in there. I can check you gallery too...

but its easier if its all in that banner gallery.

To make your album go to my controls...my albums...create album...then in category...choose FCA banners.

hee cha cha...you are a born teacher...very patient.

ansa - I went to the "Gallery" from the link at the top of the page and found the "Banner Gallery" but I can't figure out how to upload anything to it!! (Somethings I can be very dense!)

Can you post a link if that's not the right one, or a clue as to how to post a banner there? :twinklewhore:

:thankyou: for the Kudos!!

ansa - I went to the "Gallery" from the link at the top of the page and found the "Banner Gallery" but I can't figure out how to upload anything to it!! (Somethings I can be very dense!)

Can you post a link if that's not the right one, or a clue as to how to post a banner there? :twinklewhore:

You have to start your own album...you can only load pictures to one of yours...so you have to start a new album through my controls. If you click on my controls...on the left side there is a link to my albums....It will list out all your personal albums...at the bottom click on create album...in the new window fill up the name etc...then you will see a drop down menu for category...click FCA banner. This will give you a new album under FCA banner. You can now upload your banners there.

If you do not want to create your own album just send me the banners and I can upload it to the upcoming banner...but if you plan to make lots of banners I suggest you create your own album like merieee...

You have to start your own album...you can only load pictures to one of yours...so you have to start a new album through my controls. If you click on my controls...on the left side there is a link to my albums....It will list out all your personal albums...at the bottom click on create album...in the new window fill up the name etc...then you will see a drop down menu for category...click FCA banner. This will give you a new album under FCA banner. You can now upload your banners there.

If you do not want to create your own album just send me the banners and I can upload it to the upcoming banner...but if you plan to make lots of banners I suggest you create your own album like merieee...

I did create my own album... a couple of weeks ago. I thought we had to post them in the banner album! So I was mistaken I guess. The banner I made is in my album. You know how to find it right? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Here is another tutorial I found which is relatively easy to follow.

If you have followed the other tutorials from the beginning, you can probably figure it out.

It introduces a couple more little tricks you can try on your images and backgrounds.

It's called SEAMLESS NEBULA TEXTURE

• footnotes:

1) texture is another term for "background".

2) a 256x256 file would be mainly used for creating a web page background

and therefore not the size for our purposes here.

Here's what I made with it:

texture_differenceclouds.jpg

Variations from and notes on the tutorial:

• I made it 1024x768.

I used seafoam-ish #95C3C0 and jade-ish #798B7D instead of black and white.

In the first step "fill new file with color" is omitted. Use paint bucket tool.

It says use the Filter>Render>Difference Clouds "several times" - I did it close to 20 times (you can keep hitting 'Ctrl f' to repeat).

There is no shortcut to the "Equalize" step, but it's definitely worth doing in between hitting the Difference Clouds Filters.

To use for a background on a wallpaper I would probably lower the opacity and layer another color under it. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm still here cha cha. I'm recovering from some medical work and finishing my son's coloring book. lol. I intend to work on some of these techniques as soon as I have two hands to work with again...and free Clay time that is not being affected by those really good pain meds. :imgtongue:

editing because I decided to play around one handed today...lol

I started with the original David Hyde-Pierce photo found on the web. I wanted to shop Clay's face in, but I went crazy for awhile trying to figure out how they got that effect. Turns out to be filter>artistic>cutout. I don't know what I'll ever do with this because it's such an odd shape...LOL...but I just wanted to play. The words in the lower corner are a remark made long ago by an interviewer about Clay's laugh. YSRN had that in her old siggy back when we used siggys and I always loved it. If I could have figured out how to make a bubble for words, I would have had Clay saying something, but I'm not there yet.

th_spamalot.jpg th_Clayinspamalotcopy.jpg

I'm still here! Since I can't surf anymore during (boo hiss) the day I have to catch up at night and boy it takes a while...people can get really chatty*g*

I practicing a lot of stuff again...so I can remember what I did!

alienclaycopy.jpg

Hee this is a fun font effect! I don't think I will ever get tired of playing around in PS. There are literally unlimited options.

MERRIEEE!! you need to tell us how you did the last two graphics you posted!! You can't just post and run!! :cryingwlaughter:

It's called SEAMLESS NEBULA TEXTURE

On the website that you posted there are some links to Text Effects and Textures and that's where I found out how to do them. The instructions are really straight forward which I really like. It makes it so much better when you you can follow along and it appears almost the same as the picture.

They have a burned paper one I want to try next. Now if I can just find a use for all this stuff I am learning*g*

On the website that you posted there are some links to Text Effects and Textures and that's where I found out how to do them. The instructions are really straight forward which I really like. It makes it so much better when you you can follow along and it appears almost the same as the picture.

They have a burned paper one I want to try next. Now if I can just find a use for all this stuff I am learning*g*

I think this is the page merrrieeee was looking at.

PHOTOSHOP TUTORIALS

it the Alien Text you used?? I agree with Clayzor that you are doing very well!!

Can't wait to see your Burnt Edges, I haven't gotten around to trying that one!

:imgtongue:

Would love to see some works from the other lurkers here!!!