American Idol

ShelleyC

As promised, I offer my abject apologies for allowing the cynical, skeptical b*tch in me to overwhelm the much more fun inner 12-year-old. I'm sorry if I bummed anybody out by not believeing the initial AI appearance news.

I haven't done this sincerely in a very long time:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:04: :laola0: :Pogo0::polon::ole0::nanarow::nanas:

hey don't worry about it bottlecap ...I didn't believe it too...

anyway...they showed him on ET as a teaser for the wednesday show...although they say he is RUMORED to be performing on Wednesday. Now I think this rumor came straight from AI not just from PH. The ET AI connection is too strong for them not to confirm it. I think they are using him as a rating draw cos they just mentioned that Kelly will be performing on ACMA so they are keeping the competition up. Now I don't know why they just don't confirm if its a perfromance...its possible that is still under negotiations...or they want to keep it a surprise...but still bait people of course.

they also did a compariosn of the winners and runner up. Their point is that winning make a big difference in the money the two get...then thye showed the difference between Kelly and justin, Fantasia and Diana and Carria and Bo...of course the exception is Clay and Ruben where Clay outsold Ruben on both CD and concerts...

Clays sold 3.93 M cd...to Rubens.2.1 M and Clay earned close to 28 M in tickets sales while Ruben only earend 616 K.

they are at least treating him like a star.

Is he going to be on or not? If he's on, is he going to sing, or just wave from the audience? Long hair or spikes? Jeans or a suit? My heart can't take the stress. If you suddenly see a me post a long line of ggggggg's, it's because I've hyperventilated and passed out and my nose is pressed on my keyboard.

At this point, Taylor and Katharine are just a distraction to me. Maybe that's why the entertainment press is pulling back on the Clay story and re-focus on the actual contestants. [PLEASE don't let it be because Clay's not going to be on....]

Hee. On the Insider, Paula is denying that she's drunk on camera. Sure thing, Paula.

:all_coholic:

I hate her shirt.

Oh no. What in the name of all that's holy is Taylor wearing?

Weak voice, no resonance...a dynamic performance (who I occasionally fantasize about forcing Ritalin down his throat) He strikes me as so freakin' affected. I hate that.

First performance: tie.

Kat's make-up looks great tonight.  Love the song, but it doesn't seem like a stretch to sing.

yup I think that is what Simon means...It was vocally very easy FOR her ...but I think it is good for her fans cos she does skew younger I think and a top 40 song is good.

I didn;t really like this the first time he sang it....and its not convincing me tonight. I just think vocally he is not very good...and what a huge part where he wasn;t even singing.

Why is his jacket not fitting him?

Unbelievable - liberaci wanna be - how could anyone vote for that. I am sorry, I do not see a career forthis guy.

Now purple jackets are very 50 and 60s to me. for soul singers, but Taylor is more of a lounge act than a singer to me.

Does Ryan seem especially yellow tonight :D or is it my tv?

Hate SOTR. And don't switch up that performance at all, Kat. Wouldn't want to display any versatility or interperative ability. Did Nigel start the annoying swaying? Hate that.