#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

Good Morning Everyone,

1 Day until The View!

2 Days until The Today Show!

5 Days until Leno!

9 Days until The Climmel/Rachael Ray!

12 Days until Craig Ferguson!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

commercials AGAIN!!!

haven't seen a promo for Clay yet...got busy straightening up in the kitchen ...can't believe I almost forgot about this!!! Now its all commercials!!! ARRRGH

All I can say is that I hope she doesn't get boyfriend sick!

She said she feels fine (I feel fine! I feel happy!), just lost her voice - something about a late night!

He should be on sooooooon!

He's on - singing Invisible????????

Please keep us updated about Clay on GMA! Wish I could be watching it instead of sitting at my desk.

BTW, I finally wrestled iTunes into submission last night and got my pre-order downloaded. Awwwooo Freakin' HoooO!

In his brief appearance thus far - hair a bit flat but otherwise looks good. Wearing a checked sweater under a jacket, shirt tail out under the sweater.

Robin said he has been anything but Invisible since he won our hearts on AI. Looks like the Japanese fans are front and center.

No visible tongue, bottle! At least not yet! Congrats on winning your battle with iTunes!

Enough of the Grand Canyon already! Yeah, yeah, yeah, its a verra, verra nice big hole in the ground! But I prefer CLAY!

yeah it was just like a teaser as the got off commercial there he was singing like a bit of invisible chorus.

he looked great but just too fast!!!

there is all this other feature...

7 wonders of america

Cindy crawford is also going to be on...

sigh...

They didn't give Josh Groban much time yesterday either. Quite a change from the 3-days we got last time!

From sherrygirl at the CH:

GMA screencap of Clay

Editorial comment while we wait for Clay.... I know several people don't like OMWH as much as some of the others, but how can anyone doubt Clay loves that song? He's been hanging on to it for how many years? He built an entire CD around it. Yet ever since he said the label generally chooses the first single, its like RCA mandated this song! I think Clay LOVES this song - a lot. Besides, I like it A LOT too and I think it could do well on AC radio. Its very catchy and an earworm and would be a constant reminder of the name of the album. Plus it cashes in on Ryan Tedder's name. I don't know. Makes sense to me!

Quick glimpse of Clay before commercial. Lip bite!

What the fuck? They cut away from him for a picture of the Grand Canyon??

Someone needs to tell Robin the real name of his album! One My Way HERE! Not On My Way!

He's singing OMWH - sounds good! Seems like they are cutting this song short. And they keep cutting away to the Grand Canyon! I feel like we are getting ripped off!

he was wearing..

oh he was wearing a grey sweater vest?...and shirt...sport coat!!!

and hair was like Virgin signing...

CG...last time I think Clay needed the time to just respond to all the crap this time its all about the music

HE IS NEXT

They really seem to rush through Cindy Crawford...so I think he will have at least 10 minutes

HE looks great!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE he is on!!!

Diane said that she will back away cos the fans will kill her if she makes him sick

Clay said its jsut laryngitis I don;t think you are sick

maybe Diane is really doing concerts and losing voice

Faye visited GMA when she was last here

and asked about how tired he was

singing On MY WAY HERE

sitting down

all new band I think

a bit wavy with his voice

the girls are there sitting

Angelas hair is very red and in an up hairdo

damn it!!! why are they showing shots of the grancanyon

ok back to Clay

he is starting to get inot it...

oops red hair was QUiana and Angela's hair is very very short!!!

I think that was a much shorter version...only one verse...

shoot...commercials...

was also very subdued much like QVC

Voice was still a bit tight...but by the middle of the song he was just the usual Clay

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the GMA reports! Too bad they always have him on last. Otherwise I could watch until I go to work. Clay won't be on next here in Colorado; I still have a couple of hours to go until he's on. Thank God for clack!

Congrats to all of those who conquered Itunes! I was able to download the album from Itunes with no difficulty, but they lost my preorder, so I don't have the bonus track. Is there anyone who could take pity on my and pm a link to the bonus track? *prays* I would be ever so grateful!

They cut out half the damn song!!! What's up with that? There won't be time for another song. Now they're thanking him. We get half a fucking song???????

And half the time we were looking at the Grand Canyon??????

Hardly worth his getting out of bed.

I am pissed.

If GMA lets us down, what will the others do?

DO.NOT.GET.IT!!

OMWH is actually my least fave on the CD...but I understand why its the first single...it is a good song and catchy.

I do think and hope he can sing another song

they just thanked him

oh thats it they are saying hello and goodbye

hope he sings them out...

shut up grand canyon guy!!!!

enough with the camera Diane!!!

well thats it ...no sing out. I think the other song they were trying out was Invisible...hee

that was just too short but he looked cute

now waiting for the view.

Years ago, no one would have cared about this length, Fans have become more demanding because Clay got more. I would not say it was because they didn't care, more that is how shows are now, they have become more scattered - at least mentally.

Well, that should sell a lot of albums - only not.

Brief "interview". A few moments with a 5 years old song and a very clipped version of his "hit" single, OMWH off his new album "On My Way" (which Robin called it TWICE!).

What a waste.

Make them get up at the crack of dawn and then that???? Has he ever had that little time on GMA?? GMA supposedly LOVES him!

DO.NOT.GET.IT!!!

Now I have to go to work. Bummer.

CG relax...don;t take it personally...they also rushed Cindy Crawford...I just think they had too much in the show today.

I woudln;t be surprised if he will be singing half the song for the promo...

I they have that 7 wonders of America...and I guess every morning they give teasers for something Diane is about to do...which I'm pretty sure is either hang gliding or sky diving.

it was not as long as previous visits but I am hapy to see him there this mornig

on to the view...which will also be rushed I'm sure cos they usually spend so much time chatting...sigh!!!

Oh well, I have to run to the doctors anyway. Why did I make all the appointments on the same day? OOps, I wasn't supposed to eat after midnight.... welll, we don't need to tell him do we?

Years ago, no one would have cared about this length, Fans have become more demanding because Clay got more. I would not say it was because they didn't care, more that is how shows are now, they have become more scattered - at least mentally.

I totally agree..I stopped watching these shows because overall more time is given to commercials IMO

I got a rushed feeling for every segment I saw today in that whole last hour...not just with Clay. If you think about it...with the interview, the song and all the mention of the fans he got the most time in that last bit compared to DWTS, and Cindy. It just seem short because bot the itnerview and song was short but when you put them all together that was not that short at all.

cha cha...I no ashes. I bet they were trying different songs to see what he should sing for that little intro part...and I know Invisible is old for us fans..but for most people...its his biggest hit...so its good to remind people about that.

HE WAS GORGEOUS!!!

you want to see something worse, watch Kathy Lee Giford,on Today - then you remember why she is off the show she was on, heh, it is all about her, the guests are always rudshed off. I wonder if this is a reflection of children's programs where they never keep onthe same subject for more than 3 minutes. Amybe TV producers are ADD - not the hyper concentrated kind, but the changing subjects quickly kind.

Ok, but this appearance was to sell albums and he didn't even have time to really get into the song and Robin gave the wrong name for the album TWICE.

Not a good week to be on GMA I guess. I would say I hope he'll be back down the line, but unless this album has legs, that doesn't seem likely.

And he's on the 4th hour of Today? The hour the fewest people watch - and generally just shut ins and stay at home moms?

And he's not singing on Kimmel?

It all feels very strange to me.

Anyway, before I get going to work, donnamom at the CH posted this. Never heard of this station. Wonder how many people watch it?

I have another station that shows another hour of GMA. They just said Clay would be on and would be singing.

The station is called ABCNN