#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

Very close race for thread title....but I think during his last week of Spamalot, it fitting to honor the Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken.

Thanks to Hannah W. for the thread title, and to Clay for the butt squeeze imagery!

I can't find a link to the Amazon snippets. Going through Amazon download site, I only found OMWH. Can someone help out a poor snippet whore in need?

Here you are: Amazon snippets. It really isn't easy to find.

YAY for the new album by Sir Clay of Aiken, coming next week!!!

"So give up your money - dollars, euros, pesos, we're in a recession anyway so give it up."

I got your Economic Stimulus Package right here, bay-bee!

Give it up? Where do I line up? He's been stimulating my economy for quite some time now....maybe the government should fund a 100 city national tour so a lot more economies could be stimulated.....now, that's what I call a Bush Plan.

Ooooh! That is a delightful slice of banner up there. Sometimes, I wish these were part of a poster series, they are so damn gorgeous.

Thanks KAndre and keepingfaith for your recaps of the latest eHP adventures. I missed you all by a week. AGAIN! But I was lucky enough to see Scarlett and Solo in the theater on the 24th and get some hugs. (I miss Houston, dammit!)

Claygasm, thanks, too, for recapping your experience at QVC. I thought when I first watched it on the wee little video that they put up after the show that there was something indefinably off/odd/weird about it, as well...I wasn't sure what it was....maybe my own expectations or something. I love the songs and that is ultimately what will make me play it over and over, if the songs touch me. This morning I watched it again on the downloaded videos and it seemed okay, the weirdness was gone. The eyeliner was still there but the weirdness was gone. And the stubble showed up so much better. And I really really liked the music. So, I got very handsome boyfriend singing some very good songs that I really like to me over my coffee this morning and life is good. Except I tried to order from Amazon, and even though I am a US customer with a US billing address, my little old IP address ratted me out and I was refused entry to the portal. Just because my ass is sitting in Canada doesn't mean I'm Canadian.....well, technically I am....BUT.....I think I should call them up and wave my Social Security number at them.

I can't believe this is Spam's last week! So much has happened in the past four months and continues to happen. I'm heading back overseas right in the middle of album promo which kind of sucks. One more week and I would have made it through most of it! Oh well.....I am getting to be here for the drop and the last night of the show (one of these days I'm going to have to let someone here know I won't be around this weekend). That long plane ride back to Baku will be that much better with these tunes on my iPod.

I keep wondering what, if anything, will happen on the 6th in NYC. I didn't sign up for any parties or anything like that but I was planning to go to the Virgin store at midnight and snag me a K Mart copy before I left the city, too.....and probably a couple more pastrami sandwiches.

Hee love the thread title...a fitting Thread title to end Clay's spamalot run...

sniff...

BTW...did I forget to thank KF and KAndre for the great NYC adventure recaps!!! GAH I want to travel with the eHP...hee of course we were with KAndre and scarlett in SoCal last summer but that was just too short...

YAY bring on the CD and of course I get called in for work on May 6...so Itunes better let us dl that baby before I have to leave for work or else I will be very very frustrated....

Give it up? Where do I line up? He's been stimulating my economy for quite some time now....maybe the government should fund a 100 city national tour so a lot more economies could be stimulated.....now, that's what I call a Bush Plan.

:cryingwlaughter:

It would be nice to see him get to number one:

Amazon Downloads:

Quote:

1. Bleeding Love (Album … by Leona Lewis

2. 4 Minutes [Featuring … by Madonna

3. On My Way Here by Clay Aiken

4. Low (Feat. T-Pain) by Flo Rida

5. Love Song (Album Vers… by Sara Bareilles

Clay's been stimulating, fo' sho'...unfortunately, his effect on my financial bottom line has been anything but stimulating. :cry4:

Re: 'weird' vibe for QVC---I caved (surprise) and watched the EIDN clip again...and yep, he sang good :hubbahubba: but it still seemed so weird to me that he was so very still and stiff (heh again) while singing it---no hand/arm gestures, minimal movement of any kind---and that's just.weird. for me! But I LOVE that song...and just know he'll be quite...er....mobile (upwardly? :whistling-1: ) when he really gets jiggy wid dit on the concert stage! :hubbahubba:

booty-ful banner, cindilu!

All the recaps are so very kewl and appreciated. KAndre, I'll be printing yours out for the plane ride! :cryingwlaughter:

Can't wait to hear from Couchie (and play?) after today's duet of Clay and Hannah! What a dream duo--both extremely easy on the eyes and ears. That woman's got a BOD!

I only WISH I could help stimulate his.... singles sales. :cry4: No Canadians allowed this time I'm afraid.

Thanks for the banner love, ladies. And may I add that the beautimous ATDW-era pic is from KarenEh's wonderful GMA photos. I did credit you in the Gallery, Karen :F_05BL17blowkiss: thank you SO much!

The more I listen to Something About Us, the deeper in love I fall. Subtle, smoky, old-school with phrasing that is unmistakebly Clay Aiken. I said it yesterday but I'll say it again. This man is made of awesome.

Clay is looking so sexy and fit and at this point he could do just about anything to his hair (barring the bald thing) and I don't care anymore. He has hair, YAY! And about the eyeliner, CG, I figure Clay's been wearing makeup on TV since AI. As long as he's not too day-glo orange I'm good with it. He may have looked too made up to the studio audience, but on TV he was HOT, baby! My God he was selling some overt sex-you-ality at QVC.

I found the comments about the TITN video to be intriguing, saying we have never seen the finished version, and it's not the preliminary video that's been "floating around" for a few years. That he tried to find it before and couldn't and believed that it didn't exist anymore -- but haha! RCA surprised him and put it on the QVC bonus disk. He seemed verra verra pleased. If the finished version is hotter than the unfinished version I've seen, we may all require serious evaluation. And saying it wasn't released before because he "looked too good" -- oh yeah, I'm there.

Re QVC, my understanding is that 12,000 is all they had available to sell for the May 6 shipping, and that sold out within the hour. Subsequent orders will be shipped at a later date -- I expect there will be many orders to follow with the video available on the QVC website -- the quality of which is much superior to the live feed, IMO.

Word, and I think Clay looked better than ever. Singing 5 HARD songs live is no walk in the park. i thought he did well.

Re: 'weird' vibe for QVC---I caved (surprise) and watched the EIDN clip again...and yep, he sang good :hubbahubba: but it still seemed so weird to me that he was so very still and stiff (heh again) while singing it---no hand/arm gestures, minimal movement of any kind---and that's just.weird. for me! But I LOVE that song...and just know he'll be quite...er....mobile (upwardly? :whistling-1: ) when he really gets jiggy wid dit on the concert stage! :hubbahubba:

You know, I didn't notice a stiffness (sob) or stillness about his performance when I compared it to the last time I saw Clay in concert, which was CITH. Remember how some remarked at the time how they thought it would drive him crazy to be up on that raised platform and not be able to move around? Then he launched into Spamalot, and for the last 3 1/2 months he has been dancing and pooping and riding pretend horsies, knightly nightly...and some of us have seen that...so perhaps this performance suffers a little sitting so close to his Sir Robin's appearances. Don't know. Just a thought.

so perhaps this performance suffers a little sitting so close to his Sir Robin's appearances. Don't know. Just a thought.

llaughn...I know what you're saying, but I'd never compare a song like EIDN with a CHristmas concert song. And even CITH seemed 'stiff' compared to his previous holiday staging. Whatever, I'm still expecting him to do some more signature Clay 'moves' when he's on his own stage! :hubbahubba:

Speaking of Clay expressions===gah.

Hawt Singer Man Telling Me to Get Outta His Bed (yeah, right)

ETA: because laughn wanted credit for her opinion! :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Sitting here praying for clack of the Broadway Cares duet with Hannah. Those two should be magic together.

Hey, isn't there a line in "Something About Us" about the magic between him and whoever is the lucky beyotch he's singing to? :whistling-1:

I can't find a link to the Amazon snippets. Going through Amazon download site, I only found OMWH. Can someone help out a poor snippet whore in need?

Here you are: Amazon snippets. It really isn't easy to find.

No kidding. How was it found originally? An Amazon tipster, perhaps?

Kareneh you are killing me dead with the "Bush Plan." I miss you. Houston misses you. Please be at GMA on Tuesday. You know how I feel about your GMA photography. It lives on my wall!

I forgot to talk about Bryant Park! I love that piece of land so much. Of course, I leave merrieeee and OOlsee alone there for five minutes and they have New York's Finest under their thumbs -- and that was even before merrieeee got that thumb-thing special!

One of my wishes when the genie appears: I want to do Clay in Bryant Park.

kf, I have GMA tickets for Tuesday but that's the day Josh Groban is on....Clay is the next day, dang it! And I have no tickets for that one. Come to think of it, I haven't heard who has....though I'm sure there will be tons of people camping out on the sidewalk again. Does anyone know anyone who is hanging around until the 7th? Maybe, I can hang out and take shots through the window again. That worked last time and I wouldn't have to be a good line up do-bee and move when they barked at me because...."I'm not getting in anyway."

And....oh..isn't Bryant Park just like a little bit o' heaven?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Just got off the phone with couchie! Clothes report: dark suit, blue shirt, dress shoes. She's sure someone in the fandom will recognize it! Hannah had on a slinky black dress with spaghetti straps, plus 5 inch heels. So, of course, Clay looked SHORT next to her. Hee. Clay's name got a good response when he came on stage....and a GREAT response when he left the stage after singing. He and Hannah sang the song totally straight (with the crazy nun doing all the stuff in the background) and couchie is hoping that SOMEONE got some clack of it, audio at least.

Money report: Spamalot came in second, with $264,000. Rent was first with $277,000. I think the only thing that hurt Spamalot was that they only did their fundraising for two weeks; couchie says that many of the other groups had worked for six weeks on this. However, I'm still pleased at the amount of money raised for a fantastic cause.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

ETA: she just called me back. She needed to tell me -- that Clay looked SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy! When they announced the totals, she said he was whispering in Hannah's ear...probably to joke that he came in second place again! Hee. Anyway, she thought he just GLOWED.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Well, dammit! My scoop got scooped!!!!!

Scoop and newsflash from playbiller!!!!!!

Spamalot raised $260,000 in two weeks!!!!!!!

But Rent, which has been collecting for six weeks, beat them for first place.

Play said the third place show was waaaaaaay lower.

If anyone is talking to Couchie, tell her Play is trying to call her.