#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

oh not sure..see how much I follow this? I thought Sony owned RCA..heee what do I know.If they were ever together who knows who got what in the divorce. Do we have any experts on the subject? :lilredani:

If this isn't someone cleaning the website...hasn't that happened before..I hope it's nothing that's already been released. I would love to have every song ever recorded - unlock those vaults RCA.

When y'all are watching the Oscars shortly, please don't forget that the host, Hugh Jackman, is officially the current SexiestManAlive

and...

Unlike Mel Gibson who was actually born in the USA

Unlike Nicole Kidman who was actually born in the USA

Unlike Olivia Newton-John who was actually born in the UK

Unlike Russell Crowe who was born actually in New Zealand

Unlike the Bee Gees who were born actually in the UK

....this hawt, sizzling babe was actually home-grown Down Under

:BlowKiss::cocktail:

ETA:

Baz Lurhman (who has been helping Hugh Jackman) just told our guy (covering the red carpet for Oz) that Hugh is doing a couple or so numbers, and one of them is with Beyonce.

If you don't know who Baz is, he made "Moulin Rouge" and also the recent movie "Australia". His wife - Catherine Martin - is nominated for best costume design for "Australia".

They were just saying that much of the audience won't know the extent of Hugh's talent... I don't know if any of you saw him on Broadway - The Boy from Oz. He won a Tony for that.

Heath Ledger's family are in the audience. If he wins the Oscar for Supporting Actor, they will accept the award and keep it in trust for his daughter.

I wish I could be as good a fan as you and your board are couchie. There doesn't seem to be a board out there that suits me anymore. All of them with their own little cliques and unless you tow the line you are not accepted. Sort of harkens to what I was saying about how many fans have been run off by the behavior of other fans and their treatment of you. This board used to be filled with a bunch of smart ladies. I miss them. But, as you said, dynamics change and people move on. I agree with you on that. Enjoy your cd. I hope it arrives soon, and good luck on your auction for BAF. I'm sorry to say, though, that I have decided to keep that beautiful picture that I was going to donate. I just can't seem to part with it after all. For the record, you are misreading me. For what it's worth you might be surprised what Clay thinks, and how I know it. I don't think I have ever proclaimed any special inside knowledge on here, other than being on Faye's email list, and as I've stated she shares nothing with me or any fan. NOTHING!!! I certainly don't intend to give that impression in my posts. I also never called everyone on here a liar. You also mistated what I said about him being lazy, as if he is all the time and that it is his nature. I think you owe me an apology for saying that. Have a good evening.

I find it incredable that some of you would call Clay a liar.

He is stubborn, and at times he is also lazy.

I didn't point out the error of your thinking. I just don't agree with it. That's all. And I don't agree with the construction of your arguments to make Clay a co-signer in all you find wrong with the fandom. Lord knows I have a love/hate relationship with the fandom - I have a six year record on that but I'm still here enjoying myself on daily basis so I've always found that the good outweighs the bad. I know that your feelings are colored by some online wars that seemed to have gotten really personal over the years. Fortunately I've just never been engaged in that sort of thing.

Just have your say - accusing everyone else of calling Clay a liar probably won't help you engage. You can believe what you want. Others can believe what they want.

If someone posts after you they aren't swooping down. Do you want a conversation or should people just ignore you. I don't believe the conversations going on today are constructed around your posts at all - we are all just sharing.

As for Clay being lazy - whatever. I wish I was that lazy that I can do the things he's done over the years. But I really wish you wouldn't insinuate things about Clay or Faye or his business that suggest some sort of personal relationship. Maybe I'm misreading you but it often feels that way to me.

People come and go. Whether they are on this board or not I'm in touch with all. I consider all three you mentioned friends. And they are all still fans of Clay. If you miss them, you can always let them know. Boards change. People change. People find boards that fit them better. Some find things in their life that utilizes their time more. I think since most of us came here from somewhere else that is something very easy to understand.

ETA: even in the hottest heat of 2006 - i never stopped loving this fandom. I roll my eyes a lot - a whole lot - and will speak to specific things when the irk me - but yeah I am not sitting on any resentments that rise to the level that I think of them whenever I'm discussing Clay. There may be some people out there that I won't read a post even when it shows up in my facebook unexpectedly :lilredani: but I'm just pretty darn good at moving on and not holding grudges about things that aren't life or death.

Jamar: You got a MAC? It's just such a PC world that I'm scared to get a MAC. Mac Lovers let me know..I may consider it for the next computer.

I just logged on and went to the last page. Have no idea what y'all are talking about but I'm buying!!!

... btw, what did I just buy?

ETA: Sorry to post without reading, but in case it's a timed thing I just want to be sure I have my marker in. Will start reading the day's posts now... it was supposed to be a short-errand list day that turned out to be much longer than I expected but I learned a lot today so it's all good!

Clay has a new album! That's all I care about Clayzor. I don't care what you know and how you know it. Really I don't. Enjoy your knowledge. I just don't like the I know stuff and you don't posting. You never did that back in the day. Ioved the good old days but love the good new days too. Life is fluid. As for the donation - that is fine. I hope you enjoy it or find a happy home for it. I actually won something similar to your donation at ATDW CD release party - and I have put it in the auction. People seem to like that time frame for his hair. :hysterical:

I just logged on and went to the last page. Have no idea what y'all are talking about but I'm buying!!!

Clay's name is on it; does it even matter?

bwah

Does it even matter if Clay's name is on it?

Not really, I was just curious in case something else needed to be arranged like flights and housing or if I need to clear out a room for whatever it is.... I'm in a logistics mindset these days. (I'm sure Solo was scared to read that... or suspicious!)

But really, what is it that we're buying? :cryingwlaughter:

Not really, I was just curious in case something else needed to be arranged like flights and housing or if I need to clear out a room for whatever it is.... I'm in a logistics mindset these days. (I'm sure Solo was scared to read that... or suspicious!)

The Very Best of Clay Aiken

Heee. you are something else. There might be some new album next month from Clay..it's available for pre-order on Amazon. Maybe RCA will open its vault and give us Clay music from not until eternity.

Ok I hope for:

Kyrie

Tears Run Dry

do we have any other idea what he's done that was never released? That SCC song?

Bring it all on.

prays it's new stuff prays it's new stuff

Heee. you are something else. There might be some new album next month from Clay..it's available for pre-order on Amazon. Maybe RCA will open its vault and give us Clay music from not until eternity.

Ok I hope for:

Kyrie

Tears Run Dry

do we have any other idea what he's done that was never released? That SCC song?

Bring it all on.

prays it's new stuff prays it's new stuff

Ok, bought!!! Thanks, couchie!!! :BlowKiss:

ETA: *suddenly remembers what happened with AIW* Uh-oh... Should I have ordered more than 3? Since this could be the "last of a partnership" album, they might not release enough and then I'd have to go scrounging about all the Walmarts in Houston just to gather enough copies for those who need them. Hmmmmm... Does anyone recall what happened with the Walmart/Sony.com orders and how those turned out?

This board used to be filled with a bunch of smart ladies. I miss them.

:o

bwah you can say so much with a smilie.

Damn..do I have to actually pre-order? I didn't think about that Scarlett. For some reason I like to go into the store to buy Clay music. Will it be in a store though? hmmm. Maybe I better go order 1.

I'm not going to pre-order JUST yet....

There have been more than a few times when something was presented as a preorder, and then....nothing. It seems like "The Ugly Duckling" was one of those times, but I could be misremembering. I believe there were others too, but the names escape me. Anyway, I'm going to give it a week or so. By then, the entire Clay Nation will have the entire track list (HA HA) and I'll order then.

And if I can't pre-order by then, I'll just beg my friends to help me. LOL.

Since Amazon doesn't actually charge your card until it ships, what does it matter -- unless Amazon only gets a limited supply and has to prioritize like it's doing with Kindle. I'm pretty sure it hasn't charged me for my Kindle2 though I've been on the waiting list since day 1.