#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

Right now, I do think Clay is limiting his singing to those one-off type events like the other day, because he wants to be seriously considered. However, I have a feeling that it's not going to be the last time he ever sings. Obviously, if he wins, he won't be able to tour, but if anyone can figure out how to combine all his loves, Clay will be the one.

I hope so, and I also hope that when he does figure it out, it's not out of my price range.
I'll never think that we made Clay uncomfortable and that he likes what he is doing now better. Don't think he likes it less either. He is a man of many passions. I do think the fame bothered him more than it does as a politician because I don't think he felt he earned it. He's got a great voice, although I don't think he thinks it's any more special than anyone else's (he's wrong by the way), but singing is natural to him and something he loves to do anyway. I think when something comes easy for us, we tend to downplay it. Plus, even though he has made an impact on so many lives, including mine, I still don't think he gets that. I think of feel like he thinks it's the same as getting thanks and praise for something as common to him as having good manners. He was going to do it anyway so it's weird to get praised for it. I hope that makes sense to someone besides me.

I agree with most of what you are saying, except the first part. I think Clay looks so much more comfortable surrounded by voters than he ever did surrounded by fans. I think he's having the time of his life and has finally found his true passion (other than teaching which is I think he is equally passionate about).

New email from my bestie:

Dear *******,

Thank you *******, because of you and our grassroots network, we have gained momentum in the past few days and grown our grassroots support by 1,197 contributors.

Please urge your friends to join the campaign by contributing $3 today! Please forward to your friends and family and urge the importance of the next 7 days.

Let's continue our momentum and together we can win!

Clay

Contribute-Button-102413-750.jpg

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

Red reports, from dancermom at CV, used with permission:

All done. Rosie gave a beautiful intro and said she has always been proud how he has navigated fame when it is so easy to get pulled under the tidal wave. He asked her a year and a half ago about running and she felt that if he still had the voice to use it before he found obscurity. He joked maybe he already did. He gave a wonderful speech hitting the usual points he hits.

Walked in sort of stressed since I am direction challenged. I was cold and wet. Find where to get my name tag and sign in. And who is on the landing but Clay. He was talking to Mitchell Gold. Not wanting to interrupt I just passed him by and went downstairs to find the coat room. They had a nice bar set up and a nice table with finger foods. The furniture is modern gorgeous.

There were a lot of people there. It was pretty much filled up downstairs. There were fans and non fans. I would say it was 40 60 maybe or evenly split. Hard to say. Rosie came by and said hi. She looks amazing by the way. She really cares about Clay...like lots.

I didn't see Neil Sedaka but the thing that is important is that he donate!! I think I saw Chelly. I am really bad about recognizing people though....except Clay.

The people working the coat room and the bar etc were all gorgeous guys. Rosie told us even she noticed how gorgeous they are even though she is a lesbian. HA!

Mitchell Gold gave a speech and welcomed everyone there and said how much he felt Clay was someone we needed in DC. He said his showroom was the perfect place to hold the reception and said that if we would all go into his bedroom (HA! It was a "room" set up as a bedroom) to watch the video to please follow him to the bedroom.

I already told you what Rosie said.

David Mixner was there and gave the most amazing rousing political speech that I have heard in a long time. He said that when you have a state like NC that has a Republican legislature and a Republican Governor who has hurt abortion rights and gay rights and cut back on helping the needy through cuts to food stamps etc and have worked to take away voting rights of minorities that electing Clay, a gay Democrat to Congress, would send an incredible message of hope to those that have been hurt by the actions of the State Legislature and the Governor. He said it's important to stand up and do something to change that and that Clay was someone who could be part of that change. Goosebumps.

I spent the night watching Clay. I didn't get a hug...or a selfie but I had a great time watching him. I didn't want to impose myself on him so I stayed back.

Clay talked about how his opponent had attacked him and started to run negative ads. He reiterated that he is not going to go negative.

In regards to the picture of him sitting...

He was talking to Rosie who was on a couch against the wall that you couldn't see. There were other people also siting around it so he wasn't just sitting there by himself. You have to remember this was in a furniture showroom. There were sofas and little living rooms all over the place...and bedrooms lol!

Kerrie Wudyka ‏@KerrieWudyka

In honor of Clay Aiken being on show today, I'll regularly blare "Invisible." Advance warning to: @Sarah_Boxer @bernielubell @noelmhartman

Kerrie Wudyka @KerrieWudyka

Producer @MSNBC for @RonanDaily with @RonanFarrow | Producer of #PresumedGuilty series with @AriMelber

New York, NY

This is the "Ronan Daily" show with Ronan Farrow, shown on MSNBC. It's on at 1:00 p.m. Eastern time. I'm sure the clack will be here later today...

Another email -- this one is sorta personalized!

Gene, has just let me know that we only have a few more signs left. Sign up today for the 100/100 campaign!

Get your Personlized sign today for $100, these are the last few and won't last long!

Clay

Snet wtih msiateks form my iohPne.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friends,

Election Day is drawing near. Our ads are on TV, we’re distributing yard signs across the district, and we’re signing up volunteers to help us as we count down the days to May 6.

A limited number of Clay for North Carolina rally signs just arrived at our campaign office, and we’d like to give you an opportunity to get one before the rest are delivered to the voting locations across the district.

Contribute $25 today and get an official Clay for North Carolina rally sign. Not only that – we’ll have Clay sign it for you!

Want to go the extra mile for Clay​ and get a little something extra in return? Then be a part of our 100/100 campaign!

We're offering 100​ signs for a $100 contribution​ that will be personalized by Clay with your first name and Clay's special "use your voice" motto.

Show off your support of our campaign while giving us the resources we need to run our TV ads and reach more voters in the final days of this election. Hurry, these signs will be gone before you know it!

Yours,

Gene Conti

Senior Adviser

Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Paid for by Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Clay for North Carolina

PO Box 3809

Cary NC 27519-3809 United States

Pics from last night

Charles Springfield

@thewinestylings: Party for Clay Aiken with introduction to group by Rosie O'Donnell at Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams in… http://t.co/Ar0ToPoC8c

@thewinestylings: Jessica moved away from the bar long enough to grab a picture with Clay Aiken before he left. http://t.co/YKWmxTm7AS

@chrisgeidner: Today's Ronan Farrow-Clay Aiken political interview is a moment to be remembered forever. http://t.co/feoSBqsP3h

@GrabienMedia: VIDEO - Ronan Farrow to Clay Aiken: Are You Downplaying Your Love of Obama on the Trail? https://t.co/a1ls7tvEuu

@tahoe24lake: .@ClayForNC #nc02 #ncpol RT @dancermom2 @clayaiken: Primary opponent trying to buy a seat http://t.co/gxomvoKhr0 via @msnbc on @RonanDaily

Can't wait to get off the desk so I can watch the Ronan Farrow interview. Looks like it might have been somewhat short, but exactly to the point. Crisco is running scared, IMO.

OT HELP NEEDED! Would any of you be willing to "be part of a virtual class" for me tomorrow evening? It would be at about 8:00 p.m. Central time, and you would need the following:

• desktop/laptop computer (doesn't matter if it is Mac or Windows, as a matter of fact I'd love to have both if possible -- just no mobile devices such as iPads)
  • headphones.

A microphone would be a plus, but it's not required.

If you are interested, please contact me via PM by noon Central tomorrow time. I'll need to send you a link to test your system in regards to the virtual classroom, and then also a link to the classroom itself.

PLEASE AND THANKS!

Omg does this mean what I think it means?

@dancermom2: mdeiningerbell The Colbert Report Awesome night at Colbert courtesy of @tuckermiddleton and @clayfornc