#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

Fantasia cancelled for the rally but according to a Facebook post Clay went and shook hands, then he went to the above event and now he is a some democratic meeting! The guy is the energizer bunny.

@Jhgregs: "It's a good day to be a democrat!" - Clay Aiken is sitting a table away from me. #win #ncpol http://t.co/Nm4u6nlXQp

Bmv7G9OIAAAgf8y_zps1f473cc0.jpg

I totally imagine that he's running on pure adrenaline at this point, so I'm not surprised that he's the Energizer bunny. OTOH...I think the guy has, um, shall we say...filled out a bit. Not that he looks bad, mind you! And I'm in love with his plaid shirts!

clay_zps6cd157b9.jpg

Henry Orthodontics

8 mins near Southern Pines, NC

Dr. H's daughter Ellie (white shirt in the center) met Clay Aiken last night at First Friday. Kind of wild.

And I LOVE this one!

clay1_zpsa05af9ae.jpg

Randy Gilliam

55 mins near Apex, NC

Clay Aiken working the Apex Peak Fest for votes.

The two pictures from above:

BmwiJwZIcAAwpp8_zps25646fc1.jpg

BmwxdjRIcAAB0BW_zpsd0e89572.jpg

Plus two more:

Anna Gerow

Even though running for 2nd District for Congress, he is still a celebrity to me! Thanks, Clay Aiken, for allowing me to have a photo op with you!

clay_zps0ffd623e.jpg

Apex Peakfest

Elated to see those running for public office think enough to to by Peakfest today. — with clay aikin and Jeff-Lesleigh Hastings.

clay1_zps039f4a12.jpg

I really wish I could disappear until the election is over! One minute I read an article and I think woo hoo he can win, then I read something else and it's oh no he can't win. The Clay Aiken fandom has always been a roller coaster ride with many ups and downs and I've loved it all but boy this makes me really nervous. I want it for him so bad and there is nothing I can do. I can't

buy seven CDs, I can't go to multiple concerts and I certainly can't vote!

I have to just sit on the sidelines willing it for him as much as I can!

I know what you mean merrieeee. I did make some calls for Clay until I couldn't see the phone numbers anymore. I finished 5 pages of names and turned in 2 1/2 pages. I have to keep my right eye dilated during treatment and the light of the cell phone was bothering it. I really dont want to lose sight in that eye. Sorry Clay.

I may try to go to the election night party for Clay. Depends where it will be. I'm feeling good about Clay.

@PEARLfect10: Soooo Clay Aiken and Rep Reives just walked in church with their whole entourage... Cameras and all. Talk about an entrance! *snaps* GO VOTE

Reives is the candidate for NC legislature representing my NC leg. district (and Clay's)--54th. He's the incumbent, and running against an old fellow who has been a school principal and teacher around here for ages. Shallow, I know, but Reives and Clay look great together, both young and energetic and HOT! I met Reives' wife last week and told her I LOVE her husband.

This is the church he was at this morning:

https://www.facebook...nise.taylor.731

Denise Taylor

9 minutes ago

Glad to be in the service one more time....along with Clay Aiken — at Mitchell Chapel AME Zion Church.

Mr. Reives: http://www.ncga.stat...r=H&nUserID=684

He IS a good looking man!

From Facebook:

Aberdeen_5_2_14_HelenShaw_RebeccaLapping_ChristyLawson_zpsb3867507.jpg

Apex_PeakFest_5_3_14_ApexOutfitter_Board_HemilyFosterHarmon_zps95d37855.jpg

Aberdeen_5_2_14_KristinaMedlin_zpsbe9e8097.jpg

The last girl posted this:

Guess who got to meet Clay Aiken last night in Aberdeen?!?! This girl! If you don't already know, this amazing man is running for congress to represent our district, and he has definitely got my vote! He is endorsed by the teachers of North Carolina, and his platform is based on boosting education, bringing jobs back, helping small business, boosting womens rights, and keeping the environment safe and holding those that don't responsible! So excited about his campaign! Learn more about his incredible background and plans for the future at www.clayaiken.com

And I meant to quote merrieee before I started this post, and then forgot. Anyway...yes, I know how you feel to an extent. "We" are so used to voting via polls (ie., spamming) and by buying CDs and tickets to shows. This, with the exception of some fundraising, is really out of our control. It's nerve wracking, but yet, I think I can personally handle it. (Note: only speaking for myself there!) However, a positive attitude is what I'm relying on to make it through the next few days.

ETA: two pictures from this morning. They are from Facebook, and I didn't grab all of them, just the two I thought were the most interesting:

10156046_10202076129606495_7390586371314238673_n_zpsca1063e3.jpg

1006104_10202076129326488_6129735662073142251_n_zps031775a0.jpg

Alamance County Democratic Party

31 mins

With Clay Aiken.

clay_zps460304c7.jpg

clay1_zps35db3f62.jpg

clay2_zpsf888cc73.jpg

From FB

From Jen Geurin Ferrell, Betsy Moore Conti, & Kim Erickson Yaman:

Time well spent with the candidate! Clay at Glenaire Retirement Community & knocking on doors this afternoon. Speaking & connecting with voters in NC2, encouraging them to get out & VOTE on Tuesday!

10258256_10152396137788874_2144926451865205020_n_zps956ee1b3.jpg

Aww

@KenArpino: Calling all NC voters: start gearing up 4 the vote on Tuesday #SupportWithUrVote @clayaiken 4 Congress #ncpol #nc02 #TrustClayWithUrVoice