Celebrity Watch

Couch Tomato

OK just wanted a generic celebrity thread.

Owen Wilson tried to commit suicide? heard that on the tv as I ran out the door for work this morning. Ah man! I hope he gets the help he needs and that the tabloids leave him alone. Hmmm what am I thinking.

oh no... I love Owen...hmm better pay more attention to celebrity news.

OK just wanted a generic celebrity thread.

Owen Wilson tried to commit suicide? heard that on the tv as I ran out the door for work this morning. Ah man! I hope he gets the help he needs and that the tabloids leave him alone. Hmmm what am I thinking.

oh no... I love Owen...hmm better pay more attention to celebrity news.

What a shame! I hope he is OK. I don't keep up with the tabloids. Do they rag on him?

ETonline report about the Owen Wilson story

Rumors are rampant this morning throughout Hollywood that OWEN WILSON may have attempted to take his own life early Sunday.

Reports claim the actor cut his wrist and took a large quantity of pills.

Owen's brother, actor LUKE WILSON, was seen leaving Beverly Hills' Cedars Sinai Hospital and getting into a charcoal BMW X5 with his brother ANDREW at 8:50 p.m. on Sunday, sources have confirmed to ET. A woman was seen driving the vehicle, which then left the medical center.

This sighting comes amid reports that Owen was hospitalized earlier in the day at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica and then transferred to Cedars Sinai.

Owen's reps were unreachable for comment. However, the Santa Monica Police Dept. confirmed that at 12:10 p.m. Sunday officers responded to a medical assistance call from the Santa Monica Fire Department. They would not confirm the patient's identity, but authorities said, "The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated."

His next movie is 'The Darjeeling Limited,' which also stars ADRIEN BRODY. The WES ANDERSON-directed film is scheduled to be screened at the Venice Film Festival on September 3. As of last week Owen was scheduled to attend.

Keep checking back here for the latest on this developing story.

It will be interesting to follow this story and see how much is true or not. Of course, we may not find out how "true" it is until 5 years from now, when he writes a tell-all book.

How sad! I have always preferred him and his roles to the more goofy roles his brother Luke takes. I thought that Owen was the one who did the most writing of the brothers, but I may have that wrong. I haven't kept up with them very closely at all.

It's always the people who on the outside seem to have control of everything who turn out to be having problems that no one else knows about. Or so it seems to me.

Anyway I hope he gets whatever it is he thinks he wants or needs.

I don't read the rags either, can't stand those assholes. The mainstream media (whatever that may be) is treating the attempt quite respectfully. He apparently slashed both wrists and overdosed on pills so he must have been pretty serious about ending his life.

How sad! I have always preferred him and his roles to the more goofy roles his brother Luke takes. I thought that Owen was the one who did the most writing of the brothers, but I may have that wrong. I haven't kept up with them very closely at all.

It's always the people who on the outside seem to have control of everything who turn out to be having problems that no one else knows about. Or so it seems to me.

Anyway I hope he gets whatever it is he thinks he wants or needs.

Wrong again! as usual I had the brothers mixed up. Luke is the one I have preferred. I saw the piece on ET last night and realized I had them mixed up. Whatever, it's still sad to have worked hard and attained such success only to find out you're still not happy. Sad.

OK OJ back in the news. Jesus. If I had gotten away with murder, I'd be somwhere on some island resort living out my life and thanking my lucky stars. I just can't believe the coverage this is getting already. Watched Anderson on CNN..and they were doing where are they now on everything from the Dream Team to Ito to Kato, to the damn Bronco. I do blieve the man is a sociopath and it will be his just desserts if he spent the rest of his life in jail over this. Such arrogance.

Well, I don't think he is very bright, but he has been coddled and had excuses made for him and had his way greased and paved almost all of his life - I blame that on the professional sports machinery - and he has not got the brains or the moral fiber to see anything but what he wants to do.

Yep - sociopath would sum it up nicely.

I think it's a rather ironic turn of events to say the least. IMO the original O.J. stuff was when the media took off on this path and they've never gone back. It was almost like they were always looking for the next OJ story, you know? I just wonder if anyone would have attention span for it now? Remember the hours and hours and hours devoted to covering the pretrial and the trial? Oy.

Edited by jamar1700

I think it's a rather ironic turn of events to say the least. IMO the original O.J. stuff was when the media took off on this path and they've never gone back. It was almost like they were always looking for the next OJ story, you know? I just wonder if anyone would have attention span for it now? Remember the hours and hours and hours devoted to covering the pretrial and the trial? Oy.

How can I forget. When you're in college and journalism is your majo..OJ was an fucking assignment. I had no choice but to keep up with the crap. The whole triel was just out of control and surreal.

Yesterday in main, I asked whether KG dissed Clay in Larry King interview. Ran across the interview as I was channel surfing last night so don't need to discuss this anymore other than to say that woman is the most vulgar, disgusting piece of shit crap garbage ever described as a human being. I just couldn't believe some of the things she said...gawd she doesn't have a decent bone in her body.

And, no I didn't hear anything about Clay but there is no doubt she would say anything to get her name and face out there.

She won an Emmy! OMG she won an emmy! :scream: :trink3: :704: :kos: :what_d_fuck: :bigemo_harabe_net-24: :cry4:

Then, Larry says "you are terrific". OMG.

Back to OJ> I don't think he's dumb but I agree that he's a sociopath. People like him grew up thinking they were special and could get away with anything. Sadly they usually do!

It was a technical emmy. much like the one AI won - not based on content.

Hmm, I don't think so play. As outrageous as it is (and proof that society, well, sucks)....

From the Emmy website:

Controversy, Irreverence Mark Reality and

Original Music Award Segments

At the other end of the spectrum, comedian-actress Kathy Griffin, true to her brazen brand of humor, accepted her award for Outstanding Reality Series by saying, “I guess hell just froze over—can you believe this s---?” She ended with an intentionally outrageous rebuke to award recipients who thank Jesus Christ in their speeches.

Emmy Awards dot com

Edited by cindilu2

Sorry, I saw her on some show and she was saying it was a technical award - who knew, I thought amazing race won again.

eta: OK officially checking - she did win for outstanding reality programming - against the antiques road show and Ceasre the dor wihisperer - ????

Now amazing race is in new reality competition show - isnt that antiques road show a competition of sorts, like who has the best stuff?

Emmy categories are so screwed up -really the things that are competing against each other - they should have had the "gift" compete agains griffith. Two exploding heads for the price of one.

Edited by playbiller

Sorry, I saw he on some show and she was saying it was a technical award - who knew, I thought amazing race won again.

play, they are handed out during the technical/creative awards, same as the guest actor and actress on a drama/comedy. And Amazing Race won the Outstanding Reality Competition series (which was given out with the regular Emmy's and part of Sunday's broadcast). Confusing, and confounding, but yep, the skank won an honest-to-god Emmy. Blech.

Sorry, I saw he on some show and she was saying it was a technical award - who knew, I thought amazing race won again.

Amazing Race won for "Reality -- Competition show." KG won for "Reality -- Non-competition." Yes, they break it down that minutely now.

I think they gave her award out at the presentation ceremony for the technical Emmy's....which is also where they give out the awards they aren't planning to give out during the big ceremony. Anyway, that ceremony is held a week before the big shindig.

OK OJ back in the news. Jesus. If I had gotten away with murder, I'd be somwhere on some island resort living out my life and thanking my lucky stars. I just can't believe the coverage this is getting already. Watched Anderson on CNN..and they were doing where are they now on everything from the Dream Team to Ito to Kato, to the damn Bronco. I do blieve the man is a sociopath and it will be his just desserts if he spent the rest of his life in jail over this. Such arrogance.

Couchie, do you think maybe it's because he got away with murder that now he feels that robbery is no big deal? What do you think of the Goldman's going ahead and publishing the book and all the contention between Nicole's family and the Goldmans? I have very mixed feelings about their motives. I'll not be buying it or reading it.

Couchie, do you think maybe it's because he got away with murder that now he feels that robbery is no big deal? What do you think of the Goldman's going ahead and publishing the book and all the contention between Nicole's family and the Goldmans? I have very mixed feelings about their motives. I'll not be buying it or reading it.

He's pretty much gotten away with everything I think he likes media attention and he doesn't know right from wrong. When I look at OJ he seems to be blank. Can't explain it any better than that. Interesting that he will go down for this. Some shady characters...and one of the guys seemed to have taped everything including phone calls. The DA "seems" to be overcharging and giving immunity to everybody to get OJ .but I have to hear more. I don't care that they want to make something stick but if it comes down to a jury..well you know how that turned out last time. Anyway, this will be another media circus.

As for the Goldmans..I just don't know what to think. I've always had mixed feelings. On the one hand - what they had to go through I can't even imagine. Then the bitterness of seeing their son's murderer go free? Well that's enough to change forever anyone. I guess I have empathy for what they have endured - but if not for that...would I like Mr. Goldman? Probably not. But I can't imagine myself being in his shoes.

They've barely gotten a penny outta OJ and he's living the high life. Why is it so hard? Why is everything protected. They should look at all of his assets...give him some sort of living wage and take the rest, no matter where it came from. But he's been deliberately working underground, doing cash deals and said he would never work again if it meant they got anything. I can honestly understand everyone wanting him to pay for something. I do too. He's scum.