# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

Glad to be back. Got to read up on all the post that I have missed over the past week. But it is worth it. All that time exploring. What have I missed other than the Afgan trip. Way cool for the guy. Gotta love him. He is a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I need a new avitar. This one is old. Going to look.

Edited by georgiaclay

He is a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thread title!! heee

And yes, I do think he is a cutie pie also. For anybody who has made a $50 donation to UNICEF, did you get your PDF link yet to his Afghan report? I'll probably do mine today...

Yeah, guess I am shallow, I think lay is growing intohis looks. I have come to the conclusion that the AI make up people made him cute, but he had the look of a really handsome man inside him all the time. Now, he looks best in his natural self.

Another day, another tour stop to be announced? Do you think the 20 that are there are it? Do you think if they are it Team Clay will tell us that's it? Do you think he's teaching at Idol Camp during that gap in the schedule between Tulsa and Philly?

I NEED the full schedule. I have decisions to make!!

And yes, he's hot. That's part of the problem. That's why I am spending more money than I have a right to to follow him. Live!Clay! is my addiction, but somewhere along the line I might have to get real.

On a more serious note, I mentioned an old friend of mine from college - a fellow drama major - is an associate professor in Va. Tech's theater department. I lost touch with him awhile back, but I couldn't stop thinking about him since the shootings so I went to the school's website, looked up his email and touched base with him. This is part of what he wrote back:

This is really an horrendous thing. Words indeed fail ...

But I am fine!

My office is some 50 yards from the crime scene. From my window I

could see stretchers laid on the lawn. It was somehow unreal,

disjointed, unclear, (a word used a lot is surreal) ... in spite of

the screaming sirens and tactical police in body armor with BIG guns.

It hit me after I got home early Monday afternoon when the news

reports were more than vague speculation.

I have wept buckets.

These things remind us of our utter frailty and our limit. There is

chaos all around now.

Things have changed.

For some reason, reading those words from someone I knew back when our lives were carefree and fun, from someone I knew when we were in college where events like this were never in our thoughts, were very chilling to me.

"These things remind us of our utter frailty and our limit." I think we all forget at times how fragile life is, how it can all shatter in a moment. I know for me I fritter away time like I'll always have tomorrow. I never want to live like I'm dying tomorrow, but I do want to make a greater effort to get as much out of the life I have as I can because life is fragile. I so often look at my life and say what a waste. Not sure how I'll change that, but I want to.

YAY..I finally have some time all to myself. My girls had a week off school for Easter break...then I had to work in the school Monday and Tuesday...so now ...its time to relax.

First of all...((((to all who needs it))))...for those dealing with floods, and hurt about VA tech...and ticket stress and pet problems..

I am still feeling so verklempt and proud of Clay...I loved his blog because it was very easy to relate too. I like the fact that he tackled the fear and apprehension we all feel when we hear about countries like afghanistan. I love how enthusiastic he was about the people and I find his words about thier attitude to eductaion...so inspiring.

ldyjocelyn...I had the very same reaction to the People article...I can understan why Clay fans would have a knee jerk reaction to the mention of Clay's tabloid trouble...but it is part of his history. IMO I would rather they make that the low point of his year instead of maybe some unmet sales expectations. Celebrities are always plagued by tabloid trouble and I really think most people are getting quite desensitized to them to I doubt that made much impression to the non fans

YAY for the California 4 fer...this is whats great about a set two weeks trip for me...lots of room for adjustments. Since I am practically the tourist in CA...I simply follow couchie around and whatever she wants to do...EEEEEEEEEEEEEE can't wait.

Another day, another tour stop to be announced? Do you think the 20 that are there are it? Do you think if they are it Team Clay will tell us that's it? Do you think he's teaching at Idol Camp during that gap in the schedule between Tulsa and Philly?

I NEED the full schedule. I have decisions to make!!

And yes, he's hot. That's part of the problem. That's why I am spending more money than I have a right to to follow him. Live!Clay! is my addiction, but somewhere along the line I might have to get real.

On a more serious note, I mentioned an old friend of mine from college - a fellow drama major - is an associate professor in Va. Tech's theater department. I lost touch with him awhile back, but I couldn't stop thinking about him since the shootings so I went to the school's website, looked up his email and touched base with him. This is part of what he wrote back:

This is really an horrendous thing. Words indeed fail ...

But I am fine!

My office is some 50 yards from the crime scene. From my window I

could see stretchers laid on the lawn. It was somehow unreal,

disjointed, unclear, (a word used a lot is surreal) ... in spite of

the screaming sirens and tactical police in body armor with BIG guns.

It hit me after I got home early Monday afternoon when the news

reports were more than vague speculation.

I have wept buckets.

These things remind us of our utter frailty and our limit. There is

chaos all around now.

Things have changed.

For some reason, reading those words from someone I knew back when our lives were carefree and fun, from someone I knew when we were in college where events like this were never in our thoughts, were very chilling to me.

"These things remind us of our utter frailty and our limit." I think we all forget at times how fragile life is, how it can all shatter in a moment. I know for me I fritter away time like I'll always have tomorrow. I never want to live like I'm dying tomorrow, but I do want to make a greater effort to get as much out of the life I have as I can because life is fragile. I so often look at my life and say what a waste. Not sure how I'll change that, but I want to.

Wow that just has me in tears. I KNOW that life is fragile....lost my father at age 4. Ran across a book once that was called The Loss That Is Forever...about how losing a parent affects your whole life. Since I learned about mortality so young and how someone you love can be taken at any time my whole world was changed. When I faced my own mortality almost 5 years ago , with 4 young children, I have decided to live my life. To have fun...to find the JOY!! I have to sometimes remind myself to not sweat the small stuff because none of it really matters in the end!!

And I SURE HOPE that isnt the last of the dates to be announced...I MUST go see this tour...Clay live just replenishes my soul...and I need a bit of that right now!!!!!!!!!

Aw it is so nice to see Clay has the top off his thermometer now. I guess they will leave it up yet.

I think the tour is done,

I am not a good snark master, but with people worrying about whether Clay would record another album (yes there area few of them out there still), if he will be working the idol camp, if his Christmas tour will be in their town, if he will change labels, if he will be mentioned or on IGB, if if if

I think I should propose some other things forthem to worry about so they can spread it out a little on different topics.

Might Clay some day be balding? - Oops - that is already a topic somewhere, I'm going to have to reach further down

Might Clay someday have a cap fall off while singing? Buddy holly had a tooth fall out before siging on Ed Sullivan the first time, he took gum and stuck the tooth back in - pain be gosh darned.

Might Clay be invited to dancing with the stars and be voted off? not to worry, he won't dance, don't ask him.

When Clay gets married will the Paparazzi stalk him? A given.

Will people get to know Clay's SUV too well in Raleigh?

Edited by playbiller

Wow...so few posts in the new thread but such thoughtful ones. CG, that email will be with me all day, I think. And I agree that the tabloid mention in the People was a natural inclusion in an unreal way. I don't like that it has been part of Clay's public story, but it has.

This, rocknrllmom, also grabbed me:

Clay live just replenishes my soul
and I would edit it to say that " just replenishes my soul" because whether it's in concert or in my CD player or iPod; whether it's reading things he writes or seeing pictures of him going about living his good life and often just by thinking of him and remembering "Clay times" with friends....he replenishes my soul daily.

sigh...

Now, I have a question for you all. My Carrie talks with me about a lot of personal things, things going on with her friends, who likes whom, etc. A couple of weeks ago she told me about a guy who called a friend and asked her to have sex with him. I almost ran into a tree! These are 11 year olds we're talking about here. We discussed things---she said that she and another friend were talking about it and thought it was all "so gross!". Anyway, yesterday she told me, 'Remember what I told you about ___ and ___? Well, they did it."

Okay. Now. I confirmed with her just what she meant by "did it", talked about how---if it's true---it's not only 'gross' but frightening and indications of some very real and serious issues with both the boy and the girl and not something merely for gossip mills. Etc.

My dilemma is that I don't personally know either of the kids involved, other than their first names. Do I believe that this actually could/would happen? If so, do I take any action to apprise their parents or the school? Or do I consider this 'news' merely the gossip mill of these hormonally confused kids---exaggerated tales of adventure? Although my daughter 'swears' that it's true, obviously she only knows what others have said.

It's really troublesome. I told Alex about it in the car this morning and asked her 'advice'---asked her if such things had happened when SHE was in the 6th grade. She was skeptical, said "I know it happened in middle school, but 6th grade? That was pretty innocent---at least in MY class. It might just be talk and things getting blown up into a better story or something."

That's what I want to think, but I keep thinking about the parents of the two kids in question. Do they have any idea that their CHILDREN are even talking/thinking about SEXUAL INTERCOURSE?

God.

This is a scary world.

Hey Georgiaclay....glad to see you back!!!

Claygasm thanks for sharing that story and aprt of your friends email. Rcknrllmom...thanks for sharing as well. I was discussiong this incident with firends...and I figure with all the why's involved in trying to figure out what happened...it really underlines to me the random nature of life. That is why I say why waste it on the negatives...take the time to have fun and relish your time with your loved ones.

Rcknrllmom..I hope you get to go to a concert. I am really glad I made the decision to take some personal savings and to travel to CA and do this for myself. I imagine this will be one of those trips that I will always remember.

YAY for Clay getting his goal...I really hope he wnet way over that goal and people won't stop giving.

This, rocknrllmom, also grabbed me:
Clay live just replenishes my soul
and I would edit it to say that " just replenishes my soul" because whether it's in concert or in my CD player or iPod; whether it's reading things he writes or seeing pictures of him going about living his good life and often just by thinking of him and remembering "Clay times" with friends....he replenishes my soul daily.

sigh...

Clay replenishes my soul often. His Afghanistan trip is the most recent example. But for some reason, never is this more true than seeing him live. There is something about being in the same room as him.....

Now, I have a question for you all. My Carrie talks with me about a lot of personal things, things going on with her friends, who likes whom, etc. A couple of weeks ago she told me about a guy who called a friend and asked her to have sex with him. I almost ran into a tree! These are 11 year olds we're talking about here. We discussed things---she said that she and another friend were talking about it and thought it was all "so gross!". Anyway, yesterday she told me, 'Remember what I told you about ___ and ___? Well, they did it."

Okay. Now. I confirmed with her just what she meant by "did it", talked about how---if it's true---it's not only 'gross' but frightening and indications of some very real and serious issues with both the boy and the girl and not something merely for gossip mills. Etc.

My dilemma is that I don't personally know either of the kids involved, other than their first names. Do I believe that this actually could/would happen? If so, do I take any action to apprise their parents or the school? Or do I consider this 'news' merely the gossip mill of these hormonally confused kids---exaggerated tales of adventure? Although my daughter 'swears' that it's true, obviously she only knows what others have said.

It's really troublesome. I told Alex about it in the car this morning and asked her 'advice'---asked her if such things had happened when SHE was in the 6th grade. She was skeptical, said "I know it happened in middle school, but 6th grade? That was pretty innocent---at least in MY class. It might just be talk and things getting blown up into a better story or something."

That's what I want to think, but I keep thinking about the parents of the two kids in question. Do they have any idea that their CHILDREN are even talking/thinking about SEXUAL INTERCOURSE?

God.

This is a scary world.

Wow muski! I'm not even sure I knew what sexual intercourse was in 6th grade!

If you have concerns maybe you could talk to the teacher or somone else in the school and let them take it from there. If you tell a parent, who knows what could happen. They could think you are a nutcase or something! But I would think a teacher or school counselor or administrator would be better able to assess the situation and, if need be, talk to the kids involved and/or the parents.

Of course, I'm not a parent, but I just think confronting the kids' parents - especially if you don't know them - could be tricky. But I think I would have to say something to someone who might be able to find out if there is something to it and who would be in a better position to talk with both the kids and the parents.

And thank God Carrie thinks its gross! At least for now!

OH, and since you failed to inform us, I just wanted to say

:bday2:

(Belated) to the wonderful SHADOW!!!

WOW Muski quite a dilemma. My daughter and I also talk about their friends and the boy/girl relatonships. Personally...if I hear something like this...I will first try and find out about the kids and their families. The last few years I realized that lots of families seem to have different values than we do so just because this would disturb you..does not mean it would disturb these families. I think the best thing would probably be to talk to school counselors since they have a better handle on how to deal with this and whether they should talk to the parents or the kids first. But yeah...I have heard a lot of scary things happening around the schools...it seems that kids have found a lot of new kinds of party games that would really scare you, that is why I am very strict about parties and sleep overs. But it sounds like you have great communication with your girls and they are very smart and I think thats what you need to protect your kids from these kinds of situation.

Is our man adorable or what????? Did y'all hear. The Unicef thermometer hit 100% today!!!!!!! :allgood:

Clay makes my heart swell!

Welcome Claylily!!! yup we have active members now from all over. with lots of great conversations.

Thank you for the welcome!!! Did you hear the total for Unicef through day 7 (which is today) so far??? Drum roll please.......

$139,778 and we still have the rest of today (day 7) and three more days.

I am so proud to be part of the Claynation!!!!! Together we can make it happen.

Thank you for the welcome!!! Did you hear the total for Unicef through day 7 (which is today) so far??? Drum roll please.......

$139,778 and we still have the rest of today (day 7) and three more days.

I am so proud to be part of the Claynation!!!!! Together we can make it happen.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE thats sooooo great thanks for letting us know...is this info from UNICEF? Do you have the URL I want to add it on the FCA website...EEEEEEEEEE

Gosh, I just went back an read over some of this thread and I sure do see "like lots" of familar names here. Hi rcknrllmom There are more that I recognize too so hi to all of you too!!!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Good to see you here!!

muski YES! Clay does replenish my soul every day with all he does, with his voice, but never ever like being in the same room with him and hearing him live....there is nothing that compares!!

rcknrllmom I so echo your sentiments about being in the same room with him when he sings. I also got the pleasure of winning a stub hub in NY on 12/4/05 and got to spend about 20 minutes with him. What a wonderful experience. Sure hope I can win a free meet and greet this time around.

What concerts are you heading to?