#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

I think it will depend on the size ot pineapple tidbit can. Its possible ther were doing a doublt recipe. But that is so easy to do I can see whipping a smaller batch for a quick snack.

Play...when are they doing the interview with Media Fiend?

The interview - don't know, but they seem to want questions by the 9th. I am just glad that the first questions were not full of Clive hate. That gets old fast. I keep thinking how my boss would have loved to hear from other people how much I hated him, especially if he read it in print. I think Clay might actually welcome those questions, what a releif that would be if he does the interview.

I am kind of curious, with what we have seen, what is happening to all the press he does? It seems he is pretty busy, yet there are long stretches of nothing. Could it be entertaining at private parties? I know that he and Ruben used to do that just after AI and Ruben continued doing that for a while. Ikkep something is going on that we won't know about for a while.

I think the posters are about 50-50 CH-other.

I come here for the company and because they let me post whore. At the CH, I am working real hard to stay out fo the top 10 posters. Cap is dropping down since she posts at CV now and Winky Dink is on m y tail, just 10 posts down, so it is doable. It is going to take a while for the people who really are postwhores to catch me, they just became members last year. I do note there is no trout for post whoring anymore.

How many of you post at CH???

What is the secret to finding the current thread?

I applied over 2 years ago but was never notified. :glare:

I am still in gahgah land from Martha and Clay.

I think Play is right...of the active people that post 'd say 50% are also active posters at the CH. I guess I do have a different name there so its not that obvious.

the current thread is The Camera adds 10 extra pounds of weirdness...I think that is open for people to read but not post...There is a long waiting list to join. I guess I was lucky cos I got in from the very beginning. I think they are trying to keep the membership to 1200 or something.

*knock, knock...is this thing on?

play, I think I'm in the top 50 posters on the CH. I am however weening myself a bit, and trying to post more here. Let's just say my blood pressure doesn't rise here as it sometimes does elsewhere. *g*

I totally forgot about watching LKL again last night; I should have as well, because my husband has indicated an interest in seeing that interview, and I haven't had the chance to show him yet. I think my favorite little bit is when they show him on LKL in 2003 side-by-side with him appearing in 2006, and him figuring out that. It was so cute.

My sound problems with my computer have not been resolved, even with a week's work on it from my husband. Therefore, he's going to blow my Windows XP out of the water and reinstall. Don't worry, my clack is on other partitions of the drives, or on externals. The important stuff is safe. :P However, I'll be spending most of the afternoon reinstalling programs, setting up cookies, importing my email...it's gonna be a long day.

ugh I hate having to do that. You get in trouble cos you usually forget all kinds of passwords...goodluck ldyjocelyn...not a fun chore at all...

so feeling really lousy today...very lightheaded and exhausted...need more iron.

didn;t watch LKL repeat cos I was watching Battlestar Galactica premiere....really good but depressing.

Its Canadian thanksgiving Weekend...

Happy Thanks Giving!!!

I am sitting in a house with 5 computers right now, only a few working. I need to get one restored so that I can give it away. No one wants my old XT though. I think y old lap top is fixable, but no store will take it to work on and it is beyond my skill. I think I will have to pay to get that one hauled away. Hey, this is 5 computers over 20 years and I only gave away/lost 3 already (1 was here only a short time, not my choice, it was "tooken") - so that would be a total of 8. I figure every 3 years, a new computer.

My blood pressure is an issue. I guess what discourages me so much isthat there is not need for angst. We have no real control over Clay's business dealings, so why get involved? I understand that fans have the eyes and abiliuty to report stock shortage, other than that, we should be fairly passive.

Did anyone here follow Justin Guarini? When the AI2 finale was approaching, I was very curious about how a "fan" acts, so I went to Justin sites, since it seemed to be more analagous than Kelly. I found turmoil and very involved fans trying to push his career. Not saying that they were not nice normal people, but they took a very "active" role on how he was being "handled" and I think that this caused some of the problems with RCA. There is active and "active". I think that all this angst is pushing many fans over the edge, either to leave the fandom, or to try to do things that they should not do.

I don't see any need for angst and am happy when some of my posts asking for common sense get quoted, not on some boards but on ones you probably don't go to. I need to start an ansgt free fandom movement.

Happy thanksgiving to eveyone in Canada except Canada reviewers, who are not allowed to have any happiness because they are grump asses.

Edited by playbiller

Hee. It used to just be on TWoP that I looked at the screen name before reading a post, because there were some obvious trolls spewing crap that I refused to even bother glancing at. There are now a few posters at the fan boards I read that I feel the same way about. I feel uncomfortable with the seemingly generally-accepted idea that David Foster can somehow wave his magic wand over Clay's career and undo all "Evil Clive's" damage and all will once again be puppy dogs and rainbows. :blink:

Anyway, hugs all around for computer, family and health issues. Happy Thanksgiving to Ansa and any other Canadian lurkers, eh.

:wub::wub:CLAY :wub::wub:

O/T - Clay's KMart download made me unnecessarily paranoid. I got a download card in the Beck CD I just bought from Target. It turned out to be just a normal right-click and save dealie, instead of the WMP and whatnot thing for Clay's. It was definitely easier to deal with. Next time, Clay - do the exclusive offer through Target!

I guess my attitude with Clay right now is...I follow his lead. If he says he worked his butt off and that he was involved in this cd from the very beginning to the end...I will believe him. If he says it was an honor to work with Clive in this project then I will believe him. He says this was Clives concept I will believe him too.

I feel I am but an observer ...a passenger in this ride...If I want to enjoy myself I choose not to be a back seat driver. At times you end up missing out on the beautiful scenery and just enjoying the ups and downs of the trip.

The thing is...I just don't think Clay is out to conquer the pop world because there are a lot of things in his life that he wants to do aside from being a pop superstar. I think it is more important to him to make a difference by creating change in people's attitude, rather than just making music. I think he likes doing things his way and if it does not get him to the top in the quickest way possible that is ok with him. As long as he feel comfortable with what he needs to do to be succesful.

Yeah...I guess right now my main angst is all about the angsting...I am perfectly happy with simple celebrations. Clay has been awesome and gorgeous in everything he has done lately...I don;t want to forget about that.

Ansa, I love you! Your attitude, as well as almost everyone else's here, is exactly the reason why I love this place.

As much as I think the relationship between RCA and Clay is a bit hinky...it's not my job to try to do RCA's job, IMO. My job as a fan is to watch, swoon, buy, and just enjoy. I know there are personalities out there that just can't do that (those infamous Type A's, I guess), but I find it frustrating that they cannot see how much simple enjoyment I get out of watching and listening to Clay.

The other thing I keep remembering is that Clay is a man. For God's sake, he's almost 28 years old...and sometimes I feel some fans can't see that. Gotta protect him, for some reason. I'll never understand that, because he IS almost 28, and also for the fact that I just simply don't know the man.

My computer is back up and running, with sound! Would you believe, after trying everything under the sun, including a complete reinstall of Windows, that the culprit was a bad plug-in on the power strip? It wasn't delivering enough power to the power supply to run the sound card and speakers correctly! My husband had just installed a new power supply for me, and when he finished, he plugged it in to a different plug. *insert head banging against the wall sounds here* So anyway, my husband says a reinstall of Windows is a good thing. Heh...funny he should say that, because I'm now here updating all my software (we made an image of my computer a year ago, but had a LOT of new stuff installed, or updates done, since then...), while he's off enjoying himself.

I think I need to watch the Martha clack again...

So, are you saying that it is not my job to post on all the boards to fight this amazing angst taht seems to be sinking this fandom? I have begun to think that this is the most insiduous anti-fan crap. Start angst and watch the fandom explode.

I have found that a lot of time keep ing these angsters confined to the fanclub actually keeps them from other boards - let them talk to each other and leave us alone, but then they return to stir crap up again. They closed the album thread because it was just RUDE!, Really, really RUDE. Do people not know how to behave properly in society? Some of the things people say about CLay are actually worse that the known haters, so I have to assume it is the haters, who are board when there are not enough Clay fans to play with.

Anyway, I am spending far too much time on the internet pointing out people's follies and down right dumb assumptions. I need to finish my kitchen - which I have not started, so it will be a while.

Here is my vow - Clay's business and contracts is not my business, he will not come to my office and say how long I spend on the internet, so I will not go to RCA and do anything.

- Clay's health issues are protected by law and none of my business. My knowledge will be limited to what he tells me and no more.

- I need to worry more about my future, no Clay's

I have a nice album to listen to and a messy bedroom - you know where my priorities should be.

Okay, I am off to clean my room. - said in a petulant manner

Ah yes... the ever present question...should we just leave people with their angst or assume they want to resolve the angst and give some reassurances and alternative POV's...at one time I thought people really want to hear positive things and want to really get out of the negative thinking cycle....but now I really wonder if that is just

some people say they are just venting and letting their frustrations out...but there is venting and wallowing. Unfortunately lots of people are not moving on. And for those that want to do so...it gets easy to get sucked back into the vortex of worrying and negative thinking when we read the boards. So for self preservation...I guess I have started to just scroll away.

So who have tried the hot pineapple salad? C'mon Bottlecap...you know you want to!!!!

:kotz0: :kotz0: Hot Pineapple Salad :kotz0: :kotz0:

Blech, yuck, uggghh, just say no!!! This might actually be the issue that torches a puppy for me. :P And now I'm really scared because I gave my mom the recipe yesterday, mainly because it gave me an excuse to talk about Clay to my family. If she ever actually makes it and expects me to try it, I don't know what I'll do. Is it possible to convincingly fake appendicitis or something? :ph34r:

playbiller, I say continue to fight the good fight, especially on boards with a closed membership. There might be readers who are dying to respond to some of the nonesense, but can't, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, but sometimes I fear the banning, I get threatened enough. I know being happy is not a popular line. Heck I fought against the Ruben hate, I fought against a lot of the more popular views, what is one more. You really havn'e seen anything unless you see what I post in private threads of a few different boards - that is where I really let it fly.

re: all the angst, grassy knoll theories and pissed offedness, etc....I again bring my signature lines over from my EAYOR existence...

Rest easy, Clay. Your voice and your heart will carry you where you choose to go.We'll just simply love you along the way.

Clay opens his mouth and releases the joy and spirit in that magical voice and I am his. He gives us so much of himself. He trusts us. I choose to trust him, too.

The VOICE. It's unmistakably Clay. There's no other like it.

Hi, all....I've lurked from time to time, but real life is so freaking hard right now I don't have the oomph to post. I always love it here, though, especially after reading some of the bitchiness and passive-agressive crap on other boards.

I'll be back when I'm of stronger heart and mind. :)

Edited by muskifest

re: all the angst, grassy knoll theories and pissed offedness, etc....I again bring my signature lines over from my EAYOR existence...

Rest easy, Clay. Your voice and your heart will carry you where you choose to go.We'll just simply love you along the way.

Clay opens his mouth and releases the joy and spirit in that magical voice and I am his. He gives us so much of himself. He trusts us. I choose to trust him, too.

The VOICE. It's unmistakably Clay. There's no other like it.

Hi, all....I've lurked from time to time, but real life is so freaking hard right now I don't have the oomph to post. I always love it here, though, especially after reading some of the bitchiness and passive-agressive crap on other boards.

(((muskifest))) thanks for that sigline its really a great one at this time...

hope things get better for you....we miss you...

The other thing I keep remembering is that Clay is a man. For God's sake, he's almost 28 years old...and sometimes I feel some fans can't see that. Gotta protect him, for some reason. I'll never understand that, because he IS almost 28, and also for the fact that I just simply don't know the man.

you said a mouthful. He is a freakin' man and he'll deal with this and make it work and I'll continue to do what I have been doing.

Finally, my mom has turned the tide. Taking care of her and working has really taken all of my energy. All I've wanted to do is lay on the couch and watch tv. I really, really can not angst about Clay and reading his boards right now is just not something I want to do. They just feel toxic to me. Not that I went there much but I haven't even renewed my fan club membership...he'still staring at me from the cute little best buy box. I finally gave up on trying to get my kmart download and let Ansa send it to me. I've also got lover all alone finally in my ipod so by tomorrow i'll finally hear the two bonus tracks. I also have some tv appearances to catch up on..although i finally updated fcamedia to house some of them. But i have been listening to the album and I love it still. His voice has been a comfort to me. I think things are getting back to normal so should be on more often. I have been reading every day and you guys really have made my difficult times easier.

big hug to you muski. let's get together soon. i think we both could use a night off.

Y'know what I am really dreaming about for Clay...that he gets taht talk show...

Clay everyday!!! we won't have a real life anymore we will just be debating his show everyday!!!

My ideal scenario he has one day a week where its all about music...he sings and he has some musical guests... and he might even do duets with other celebrities that are not singers...

I just want to hear him talk and be funny...oh no I'm already having withdrawal pains and it will be more than a month before the next scheduled appearance...

Y'know what I am really dreaming about for Clay...that he gets taht talk show...

Clay everyday!!! we won't have a real life anymore we will just be debating his show everyday!!!

My ideal scenario he has one day a week where its all about music...he sings and he has some musical guests... and he might even do duets with other celebrities that are not singers...

I just want to hear him talk and be funny...oh no I'm already having withdrawal pains and it will be more than a month before the next scheduled appearance...

Oh man, yeah. I think this would be sooooo wonderful....and I've thought that for a LONG time. I remember when the news came out about his trademarking "Every Day with Clay Aiken," and the drama that ensued on at least one board afterwards. (I don't get out much to other boards, so I'm speaking from limited experience here...) I've always thought that a talk show would be perfect for him. The man is smart, funny, quick, and just doggone it, nice. He could sing, he could cook (more pineapple salad bottlecap? :P ), he could do all kinds of things, and I think he'd gain a bunch of new fans. IMO, probably more than a radio hit single could (although that could go either way).

{{{{{{{{{{{couchie and Mom}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{muski}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

May both you ladies continue to find peace somehow. We'll be with you.

AAACCCKKKK!!! Pineapples are going to come to life and pursue me in my dreams tonight, aren't they? :(

th_pineapplenightmare.jpg

I think I need to watch the Kimmel interview and ATD performance again before I go to bed. Think Clay will fight off the spinning pineapples for me, or does he only duke it out with the angels? ;)

{{{Muski!!}}}} I've missed seeing you!

{{{couchie}}}

Damn its nice to come here! I have barely posted in the last week or so anywhere because everywhere there is so much damn angst!

Finally here, saner minds prevail!

Its like a breath of fresh air here. It really is.

I am so tired of the grassy knoll, the conspiracy theories, the everyone knows what's best for Clay attitudes. Did anyone ask Clay? He's a smart guy. He seems happy. Maybe he knows something we don't! And who are "we" to think "we" can manage Clay's career better than Clay???

Grrrrrrrr.

I guess my attitude with Clay right now is...I follow his lead. If he says he worked his butt off and that he was involved in this cd from the very beginning to the end...I will believe him. If he says it was an honor to work with Clive in this project then I will believe him. He says this was Clives concept I will believe him too.

I feel I am but an observer ...a passenger in this ride...If I want to enjoy myself I choose not to be a back seat driver. At times you end up missing out on the beautiful scenery and just enjoying the ups and downs of the trip.

The thing is...I just don't think Clay is out to conquer the pop world because there are a lot of things in his life that he wants to do aside from being a pop superstar. I think it is more important to him to make a difference by creating change in people's attitude, rather than just making music. I think he likes doing things his way and if it does not get him to the top in the quickest way possible that is ok with him. As long as he feel comfortable with what he needs to do to be succesful.

Yeah...I guess right now my main angst is all about the angsting...I am perfectly happy with simple celebrations. Clay has been awesome and gorgeous in everything he has done lately...I don;t want to forget about that.

Word. That is all. Just one big, huge WORD.

I mean, just look at this smile - this great, big, gorgeous, amazing smile. Does this look like a man who is being beaten, mistreated, forced into something with a gun being held to his head? Does this look like a man who is suffering???? Look at this smile. I think it speaks volumes.

anymorebeautiful.jpg