#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

And, petty person that I can be, I want it to succeed so those who say RCA won't support it will have to shut up.

Love this! I like ATD (like other songs on the album better, but at this point, that's neither here nor there), but I'm with you on this. I want this song to succeed on the radio, just to prove a point. I'm not normally a petty person, but the conspiracies bring it out in me.

couchie, I understand how you are feeling. I couldn't come up with a good answer to his question, however -- but I've watched the videos there about 5,000 times today. I hope that was something I could do in some way to give some support to Clay.

I'd say more, but y'all have said so much, and said it so eloquently, that I must go and watch "The Daily Show" instead. *g*

Add me to the bad fans that want the song to succeed just to shut angsters up, although I do like it and sing along. I swear, I think the fans are worse than the haters a lot of the time - oh wait, there is a great overlap here, is there not?

Pillow fight? pfight.gif

Edited by playbiller

Speaking of hair and how he looks (We weren't? But we who reside in the shallow pool always find a way to work those things in!), I was reading over at the CH about this Dayton ISY video from the NAT (courtesy of ldyjocelyn... :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) so I had to go watch it.

Quite nice. Yup. Very nice.

But I couldn't help think that (1) I miss S'Von and (2) is this the same guy? When I was watching it my Quicktime viewer was in my upper left corner of my screen.

This is my desktop picture:

121317306-M.jpg

So it looked like that Ckay was watching this Clay:

vlcsnap-8430046.png

Think he was wondering "Who is that guy???"

WAKE UP EVERYONE!!!

Claygasm... :rainbowsmile:

That Dayton show was magical, and I'm still floored that I was the one who got the best clack of the evening (my luck in gathering clack has gone down greatly since that night). It looked as if he was exorcising a demon or two that evening, and I honestly think he succeeded. I've always wondered who he was "talking" to with that performance.

And yes, I would bet that "today" Clay would look at that performance now and shake his head in wonderment. We've been talking a lot about the 4 year anniversary of when this started for us lately. However, even if I go back to two or three years ago, man, what a change. And then, to try and put myself into CLAY'S shoes -- he's gotta be amazed. It has been one hell of a journey for him -- many bumps in the road, to be sure, but just as many good things as well. Three great albums, all selling well. Many, many TV appearances. Hundreds of live concert appearances. Women suddenly falling at his feet. Fans recognizing him at the grocery store. A new house in his home city. Travel to places I'm sure he never dreamed about. Trips to Uganda and Banda Aceh that raised awareness. A foundation for inclusion of special needs kids. And so much more.

Yep. It's gotta be a mind blower. And just go ahead and hand me some more of the drug, because I'm in for having my mind blown for a long time to come.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Clay mention on GMA!!!

From CB:

Whoo hoo....they showed Clay's ATD video and Diane said..oh we here some squeals in the audience...she said he'd be in live to talk about everything...mentioned the video question opportunity for fans...Robyn was swaying to the song and they both seem excited to have him on!

I know it's only been a month and a half since the last Christmas concert, but I'm looking forward to this GMA appearance almost as much as when Clay was on The Insider to sing "Without You" last year and we got to hear him speak for the first time in 2006.

According to the recaps I'm reading about the GMA promo, UNICEF wasn't mentioned. I hope that is still going to be the focus of the interview.

Add me to the bad fans that want the song to succeed just to shut angsters up, although I do like it and sing along. I swear, I think the fans are worse than the haters a lot of the time - oh wait, there is a great overlap here, is there not?

Heh, there surely is. And me too! I want that little song to continue it's slow and steady rise. Last figures I saw were 97 spins for the 7 day period. Do I hear 100? Come on, 100! :)

I was at Dayton, although I didn't know ldyjocelyn yet. I was in the cheap seats, too, near a jumbotron, and I agree that ISY was lethal! I just had to watch the clack this morning before work. And while that may be your finest moment, it isn't your only moment. I think you might see a bit of your clack used in the next goldarngirl&luckiest1 series, from the Indy JBT. ;)

EEEEEEEEEE! for the GMA mention! This is starting to sound like a substantial interview. I am going to be *cough* conveniently *cough* running late for work tomorrow!

I know it's only been a month and a half since the last Christmas concert, but I'm looking forward to this GMA appearance almost as much as when Clay was on The Insider to sing "Without You" last year and we got to hear him speak for the first time in 2006.

According to the recaps I'm reading about the GMA promo, UNICEF wasn't mentioned. I hope that is still going to be the focus of the interview.

I know because it would really confuse the hell out of the fandom if he actually mentioned, you know, ATD. I'm so surprised RCA didn't put out a cease and desist on them using the video in the promo. Some sort of bait and switch tp get people to watch and then they'll show commercials for all the other idol's CDs. heee. .

I saw the GMA promo! It came on just as I was about to turn the TV off to leave! I wasn't even looking at it when I heard ATD and I swear I yelled out loud CLAY!!!

Diane said he would be there to talk about everything - or maybe it was all sorts of things. I am sure someone on the west coast will cap it and we'll have clack soon!

Diane had her fangirly voice going. Robin had her arm up in the air and was swaying. People in the audience were squeeling. The only thing that was missing was Tyra gushing!

And seeing the old hair in the ATD video they showed made me wonder even more what THE HAIR will look like tomorrow!

I wish I knew what time he'll be on. If its not in the last half hour - the time in which I am driving to work - I could see him if I plan my shower right. If it is in the last half hour, I can listen on the radio since our local ABC station comes in on the radio.

Damn. If only I weren't the only one here right now I could be late to work.

I cannot believe how excited I am at the prospect of seeing him. I just hope the hair looks great and the pants are tight. :hubbahubba:

ETA:

I know because it would really confuse the hell out of the fandom if he actually mentioned, you know, ATD. I'm so surprised RCA didn't put out a cease and desist on them using the video in the promo. Some sort of bait and switch tp get people to watch and then they'll show commercials for all the other idol's CDs. heee. .

BWAH!!!!!! Good one couchie!

Edited by Claygasm

OK, how stupid am I - I thought he was on tomorrow, so I was doing morning stuff eatdrink051.gifgen159.gifeatdrink054.gif and not watching TV just turned on the computer - thankfully there will be clack, not the same, but.....

OK, you wanted 100, you got 100 EmoticonRingAround.gif

Here is the thing - every day, the differentce in spins is reported in the difference between today and yesterday, ut never takes into account the spins dropping off - see it is for a 7 day period - so today there are 3 more spins, but 13 dropped off into next week, so there is 16 more spins in total for today.

message51.gif

OK, how stupid am I - I thought he was on tomorrow, so I was doing morning stuff eatdrink051.gifgen159.gifeatdrink054.gif and not watching TV just turned on the computer - thankfully there will be clack, not the same, but.....

OK, you wanted 100, you got 100 EmoticonRingAround.gif

Here is the thing - every day, the differentce in spins is reported in the difference between today and yesterday, ut never takes into account the spins dropping off - see it is for a 7 day period - so today there are 3 more spins, but 13 dropped off into next week, so there is 16 more spins in total for today.

message51.gif

Play - he IS on tomorrow. Today was just the promo!

Today was just the promo!

Priming the pump, so to speak. Not yet, but :soon:.

Man, listening to AC radio is killing me. I keep hearing "Clay" songs sung by the wrong people. What right does Elton have to sing "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me?" Oh wait, he actually wrote it, didn't he?

I just saw an interesting question asked at the CH. It was asked if it were possible that ATD could be successful on the radio without label support.

If its successful, how do they know it didn't have label support???

My first Clay concert was the DC IT show. After ISY, I turned to my dh and said, "That's the song of the show, IMO." He agreed. I've always felt he was thinking about Vernon whenever he sang that one. It had to be tough singing that shortly after he died.

Show that rage, Clay! One of his best songs ever.

Couch, are you referring to the bullshit answers to Clay's question? Somehow , I never saw the "fake" page. I can only imagine what the question was. Fuck 'em and hugs to you. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I have a question about yes.com.

I have a page up for Clay. It says it is updated in real time to show what radio stations have recently played Clay. Since I have had it up, I have read on other boards at least 2 reports of stations playing ATD, yet all I have is a blank page. I have read where others are showing it at yes.com. Why won't it show up for me????

The real time is in the time it is reported to yes., com - some stations are immediate and others are hours later and some never appear at all.

If you know a station, you can dial in to it and review it's play list as it comes up. But to give a thumbs up or down, you need to log in.

As, you may know I also post on idol forums and there is at least on well known hater now taking aim at Carrie - see she is too thin, not healthy like Kelly. Then there is how Taylor is horrible and he and Ruben will be dropped by thier labels as the first idol winners going down (you know there is only one true idol winner) Any discussions of non-winners does not count, because they do not count. Such a funny idol world we live in where hate is supposed to be part of the fun.

I think I will go off to the idol board when I get back from the park.

Edited by playbiller

Thanks play. The park sounds like a much healthier place to be than the Idol forums.

I just looked at the playlists for the 2 Philly area AC stations. No Clay of course, but then again, I expect it may be awhile. For one the most recent add date was 10/16/06! Surely other AC songs have gone for adds since then! For the other - it wasn't even that recent!

ETA: Just saw this at Radio and Records. Clay is listed under most increased audience!

I think that's a good thing! I haven't seen it mentioned on any of the boards. Isn't that the kind of thing we should be eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing about???

Oh, right. Its a bad thing if ATD succeeds. Bad me. I forgot. I am ashamed.

Because I want to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

:EmoticonRingAround:

I think things just move very slowly in the AC world.

Edited by Claygasm