#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE loved that in studio report. I love her description of Clay just before coming out...

I also think it was a positive scene that she witnessed.

hmmm I knew Muski can fill in the Clyra scenario much better than I can...

I love his interaction with the kids...and yup he is gorgeous!!!

I have to laugh reading some of the boards about this interview.

There is lots of Diane Sawyer bashing.

There is lots of GMA bashing.

Lots of "it was obvious Clay was pissed when she asked about AI".

I read things like "Just one more example of how much Diane Sawyer has no respect for Clay".

Lots of mentions of "lack of journalistic integrity".

What did they expect? If they had spent every moment talking about UNOCEF it still would have only been about a 5 minute interview. I am sure Clay could talk about UNICEF for 3 or 4 hours, but that wasn't going to happen. I didn't mind when they showed his audition. His reaction to it was priceless and well worth the time spent on it. AI is in full gear right now. Use AI as the hook, just like asking about Jennifer Hudson. That might get the non-Clay fans to pay attention to the interview. THEN ask about UNICEF. He got the point across very well, IMO. I could have done without the rerun of Sherman at the end, but that was only about 30 seconds of the interview.

The fact is GMA is as much an entertainment show as a news show, if not more so. It is a morning show where people watch as they are running around getting ready for work or getting kids off to school or whatever. I know except when Clay is on, I only really pay attention to who they're talking to if I hear something that grabs my attention. AI is HUGE. Talking about that may have stopped a lot of people from doing whatever they were doing long enough for them to watch. Then mention Jennifer Hudson. That may get a few more. Then talk about UNICEF while all those people are watching. It actually makes a lot of sense. And I am sure Diane Sawyer knows that.

Was there enough Clay? No. But is there ever? I would LOVE to see Diane Sawyer do a whole special segment for 20/20 or whatever on his next trip for UNICEF, and who knows. This relationship they have been cultivating for years may lead to something like that. But he was on GMA today. It was never going to be an extensive interview and it was never going to be just about UNICEF.

Why can't people just be happy seeing him look great and happy and smart and caring? Why must they always find something to complain about???

I was wondering if, since Clay is right there in NYC, he'd stop by and chat with his other blonde anchorchick - Lara Spencer at The Insider. That would be a great way to get the UNICEF message out to another group of viewers. And I agree that if he has to have the "Talking about AI hook" to get to the important stuff, I can live with that.

There is a video link called "Clay Aiken - UNICEF Ambassador" on the GMA page, but I can't get it to play. Anyone else?

Why must they always find something to complain about???

Because there is not a lot of room in those pods?

And, you know, everyone is PMSing at the same time in those pods...even if they are way past PMS age....

Claygasm...for that little rant of yours....

:clap: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It seems that almost everything anymore with Clay is "what could have been." Why is that? I really do not understand, and I simply cannot live my life like that. I'd be crazy before long. Just focus on things like this: he's on my TV screen, talking about something he a) identifies with (AI) and B) loves (UNICEF). He's looking gorgeous. He laughed. He smiled. He had long hair. That will keep me smiling for a while.

The fact is GMA is as much an entertainment show as a news show, if not more so. It is a morning show where people watch as they are running around getting ready for work or getting kids off to school or whatever. I know except when Clay is on, I only really pay attention to who they're talking to if I hear something that grabs my attention. AI is HUGE. Talking about that may have stopped a lot of people from doing whatever they were doing long enough for them to watch. Then mention Jennifer Hudson. That may get a few more. Then talk about UNICEF while all those people are watching. It actually makes a lot of sense. And I am sure Diane Sawyer knows that.

Bingo! Diane was simply doing her job. I actually she think she was the last time he was on too, it's just that she got a bit feisty with him. I also think that Clay likes and respects Diane. In the grand scheme of things, though -- is it a big deal one way or the other? I think not.

This fandom can be so predictable sometimes.

bottlecap, I got the video to play just fine.

Claygasm Word!!

I didn't get to see GMA in my regular time zone today. On our dish network, we get ABC out of Atlanta, and they pre-empted it to talk about the weather. We also get a San Francisco feed, so I had to wait 2 additional hours for that.

After reading the boards I wasn't sure what to expect, because I was already reading that Clay looked "pissed" and the "disappointed in Diane" comments.

I would love to see more of Clay anytime he is on TV, but this is just the way these shows are any more, and this is something they don't just do it to Clay. I did watch it when it came on, I think he accomplished what he went on to do. Sometimes they (Diane) do seem to do things in a disjointed way. ie, she could have followed up his AI Audition with the "old guys" one, and then used the last 2-3 minutes talking about Unicef.

Anyway, not something I see getting bent out of shape about.

Why must they always find something to complain about???

Because there is not a lot of room in those pods?

And, you know, everyone is PMSing at the same time in those pods...even if they are way past PMS age....

BWAH to both these comments! They both explain a lot! :lol:

Once again, I am sooooooooooooooo happy that here at FCA there are :pod:

Because I thought it was pretty good for GMA - hell, AI is the 900-lb. entertainment gorilla right now - if it was just UNICEF, half the people won't watch (going back to Clay's question).

First rough draft of one of several story lines I'm thinking of:

An inside source revealed today that Hillary Clinton and Laura Bush were involved in a knockdown drag-out catfight in the Blue Room at the White House over which of them would be Clay Aiken’s 3,455th or 3,456th concubine. Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, who appeared horrified at the disclosure that their wives were planning on divorcing in them in favor of becoming members of Clay’s “trial wife” community responded, “No comment” to all questions.

Clay Aiken has been revealed to be a strong advocate of polygamy in private chatrooms and throughout all his fan websites as well as being the illegitimate child of Elvis Presley and Aretha Franklin (who issued a formal denial but a former friend who broke the story passed a polygraph administered by our reporter) and thereby a direct descendent of Thomas Jefferson. Rumor has it that he sent the primary contenders for the position of first wife: Oprah Winfrey, New Zealand’s Prime Minister Helen Clark, ex-supermodel Tyra Banks, South Dakota housewife Vivian Neels, and an unidentified redhead with a British accent answering to the name “Merry/Mary” to settle the dispute. Sen. Clinton reportedly told her ex-lover Bat Boy that the rankings made a significant difference as the lower the number, the more likely she would get a second shot rendezvous with Clay; while Mrs. Bush confided to her mother-in-law, Barbara Bush (concubine #938) that she feared that Clay would react negatively to the publicity.

A publicist for Aiken released the statement that Clay feels who he’s sleeping with is still no one’s business and that he has just accepted an endorsement deal for a homeopathic hormone therapy which consists of him sleeping with the subject. Field studies show a 99.75% cure rate, although the patients didn’t actually report any illness.

Checking in and laughing my ass off reading KAndre's tabloid story! :medium-smiley-070: And clapping and whistling to CG's rant...and getting really, really pissed off that I can't just NOT finish all this freakin' contract negotiation emailing and start working on either getting the next chapter finished or getting my contest entry started.

<_< :glare: :angry2:

Gotta go....damn it.

Woohoo! Had to pop back in to tell you that I heard back from the woman at Jimmy Kimmel and I'm DEFINITELY going to be a 'special house guest' on the Valentine's show! :allgood: I thought this part of her email was interesting:

As a house guest you are guaranteed a

spot in the theatre if you're here on time and you go in first. All

house guests sit in the 2nd row and up in the balcony. Don't let the

word balcony scare you.... They are great seats!

hmmmm....balcony? I don't know about that one.... <_< I have a feeling she says that in case they decide to put me away from the front once they see me...you know, keep the PYTs up where the camera is likely to catch em.

Edited by muskifest

KAndre I love it.

In other Aiken related news, fans of the singer are suing him again. This time for using the word "bull$#@&" in his popular blog on his fansite. Long time fan May Bee said " he was always such a nice boy", now who knows what he'll say, who the f%^)# does he think he is."

little warning that there may be some angst tomorrow - I have had yes.com open all morning and nothing. Now I think that sometimes the link gets lost and I have to research, which I just did. let's hope for that.

I have had my yes.com open for 2 days and have nothing, yet I read where others see stuff. I finally gave up.

KAndre - that was hysterical!

atinal - That was so realistic I had to stop and think about it for a moment! (It was fake, right???)

Muski, so sorry you have to be a dedicated meeting planner today and can't play!

little warning that there may be some angst tomorrow - I have had yes.com open all morning and nothing. Now I think that sometimes the link gets lost and I have to research, which I just did. let's hope for that.

I have had my yes.com open for 2 days and have nothing, yet I read where others see stuff. I finally gave up.

KAndre - that was hysterical!

atinal - That was so realistic I had to stop and think about it for a moment! (It was fake, right???)

Muski, so sorry you have to be a dedicated meeting planner today and can't play!

Yeah, Claygit was fake, I tried to make it sound realistic, but ridiculous at the same time.

KAndre, that was wonderful, perfect, and a great laugh....

:funny:

Woohoo! Had to pop back in to tell you that I heard back from the woman at Jimmy Kimmel and I'm DEFINITELY going to be a 'special house guest' on the Valentine's show! :allgood:

Woohoo is right! I cannot wait to hear your stories of the experience. Have a great time!!!!

In other Aiken related news, fans of the singer are suing him again. This time for using the word "bull$#@&" in his popular blog on his fansite. Long time fan May Bee said " he was always such a nice boy", now who knows what he'll say, who the f%^)# does he think he is."

BWAH!

Will it be angst, or celebration -- because some don't want ATD to succeed on the radio? *g*

Actually, I saw the Radio and Records chart issued yesterday here, and though Clay's number of spins went up, he actually went DOWN a notch on the chart (from 29 to 30). *sob* I've really got to get time off at lunch to request....

Story line #2:

An inside source from the CIA revealed today that Clay Aiken is being investigated as the source of all global warming in plot to force unsuspecting women to wear fewer clothes.

A former co-worker revealed Aiken’s plans after she was terminated by the superstar after refusing to have TM Clay Aiken tattooed on her ass. She said she should be allowed to place the tattoo on her hoohah if she wanted. She stated that during his live performances he would have pheromones wafted over the audiences, reducing their inhibitions and raising their core body temperatures, forcing them to gyrate wildly while disrobing. He then would take advantage of their naked state and sell them thong underwear. Upon being informed that his scheme was changing climates all over the world, she said Aiken just laughed maniacally while wringing out sweat from the innermost layer of sweaters he was wearing into atomizers and then wiped his hands on her boobies.

When Al Gore was asked why he left this vital piece of the global warming pie out of his award winning documentary, Tipper Gore quickly put him in a headlock and dragged him away, while a large, intimidating gentlemen known simply as “Jerome” appeared at the podium and told us we had no more questions. And took our memory sticks.

A publicist for Aiken released the statement for Aiken that said “Hey! Smell this…”

Addendum: The reporter was later found wandering down Fifth Avenue in New York, naked but with TM Clay Aiken tattooed on her ass...

A publicist for Aiken released the statement for Aiken that said “Hey! Smell this…”

Addendum: The reporter was later found wandering down Fifth Avenue in New York, naked but with TM Clay Aiken tattooed on her ass...

:spit: I don't know if I want to see the accompanying photoshop to this one or not....

Woohoo! Had to pop back in to tell you that I heard back from the woman at Jimmy Kimmel and I'm DEFINITELY going to be a 'special house guest' on the Valentine's show! :allgood: I thought this part of her email was interesting:

As a house guest you are guaranteed a

spot in the theatre if you're here on time and you go in first. All

house guests sit in the 2nd row and up in the balcony. Don't let the

word balcony scare you.... They are great seats!

hmmmm....balcony? I don't know about that one.... <_< I have a feeling she says that in case they decide to put me away from the front once they see me...you know, keep the PYTs up where the camera is likely to catch em.

YAY!!! Finally!!! :04:

I didn't know there was a balcony there. Of course, I have never seen the inside of the theater in person..... <_<

Why the 2nd row? How special a guest do you have to be to be in the first row??

ETA: KAndre - you are really on a roll!!!

Edited by Claygasm

#3:

A leading geneticist revealed that Clay Aiken is the actual biological father of Suri Cruise, Shiloh Jolie Pitt and Vanessa Williams.

Dang I. M. Afflicted, Ph.D. looked at pictures of Aiken, Suri, Shiloh and Vanessa and declared it was obvious that Aiken fathered all three. “Those green eyes are one of the rarest phenotypes on the planet – who else could be the father?”

When approached, close friends of both Angelina Jolie and Katie Holmes swore they had only slept with Aiken approximately 42 times and were positive that the actresses’ current significant others were the children’s fathers. However, their publicists declined the opportunity to appear on Jerry Springer to settle the question for once and for all. Vanessa Williams appeared to be in complete denial, claiming Aiken’s fatherhood to be “impossible” because she was “older” than he was. Dr. Afflicted said this was common in these types of situations.

A publicist for Aiken released simply rolled his eyes at this reporter, thereby indicating agreement.

OWWWW you guys are making my tummy hurt from laughing!!!!

YAY Muski and Kandre in DA HOUSE for Valentines with CLAY!!!!! YAY!!!!

and tickets opening up again! hope Couchie gets lucky this time....

I also heard some friends that wanted to go to the BAF gala got some tickets....YAY for them too!!!!

lots to celebrate today...why are people looking for things to angst about...

WORD on your rant Claygasm I really enjoyed the interveiw today and I totally love fangirly Diane. I think Clay and her have a good relationship.

and Atinal...that was pretty good and scary since it just might become true!!!

KAndre...those are classic...now where to find pictures of fighting hilary and Laura...

yup pass on the naked reporter...hee.

Any poets among us?

This is from the public page at the OFC:

02/01/07 : NEW OFC CONTEST: “A THOUSAND DAYS” OF VALENTINES

By Team Clay

Arrows shooting in the air

Cupid, brings a love affair

to Clay Fans in the OFC

requesting your written poetry

With lyrics, love and heart's desire

found from within "A Thousand Days"

your poem shall incite and inspire

A True Love found in many ways

From quoting lines directly, please refrain

to make this poem of yours to claim

And win him over with loving prose

of thoughtful words that you enclose

Depending on the hymn you scrawl

he may choose you over all

And in February, on the fourteenth day

You may receive a lucky call from Clay

For details and Official Rules, please visit the CONTESTS section of the fan club.

This contest ends one week from today on February, 7th, so be sure to collect your thoughts, write your poems and get your entries in before it's too late!