#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

ahem....

:new7::new7: :medium-smiley-070:

YAY! Something to make me not do my work at work today!!

You know, it was the E! thing I saw, not The Insider (they all seem the same to me...). The Insider one was a little more edited but I still think it would take someone working over time to make what he said into Diva Clay gossip.

Not saying some of the asshats won't work over time though....

couchie - PLEASE - go purify muski's pod!!!! We can't lose muski to the pod people!!! :scream::cry4:

Now he BIG news. Puxatawny Phil did NOT see his shadow so we get an early spring! :rainbowsmile:

The sad fact is that the entertainment media isn't interested in UNICEF (or other charities).

Yes, it is incredibly sad. The media feeds us Paris Hilton, Britney, Lindsay Lohan, and other celebrities, because "that's what the public wants." Is it? It isn't in my case, and I'd venture a guess that it isn't in many other cases as well. Sure, I love good celebrity gossip from time to time, but I can't make a diet of it. I would rather know that celebrities are trying to do good with what they've been given, and know more about these charities.

BTW, if you get a chance -- watch the other celebrity clips from the UNICEF site. I learned a LOT.

I think he gets decent press overall, in comparison to other celebs.

I agree -- but I sometimes wonder if that's because how I WANT to see it? I get the feeling that there are some fans out there at the moment who think all of Clay's press is simply terrible. Meanwhile, I tend to be a person who at least tries to look for the silver lining in everything, and therefore, I see pretty good press. I guess what I'm saying is that it may be hard to be totally objective about this. We'd have to survey someone who lived under a rock for the past 5 years and ask them what they think.

Because there is not a lot of room in those pods?

BWAH..I read this on my lunch and giggled for hours.

Actuually, I'm not the one who wrote this. The beautiful merieeee said that one!

While I can see where the hair looks better with some highlights...man, he's still got that killer grin and smirk. Nothing will ever hide that. *sigh*

ahem....

:new7::new7: :medium-smiley-070:

EEEEEEEE! I read it this morning...and I think I'm still digesting what you wrote.

HAPPY

groundhog.gif

Ditto from me! And early spring (at least here, as well as where CG lives)! YAY!

You know, it was the E! thing I saw, not The Insider (they all seem the same to me...). The Insider one was a little more edited but I still think it would take someone working over time to make what he said into Diva Clay gossip.

Not saying some of the asshats won't work over time though....

After reading here from overnight, I went and watched the Insider clip again. Nope, I still can't see "diva." First of all, I guess I don't understand exactly what makes what he said diva-like, and therefore, I'm not sure what the definition of the word is. Is it because he could be considered "throwing a fit" over this situation?

Honestly, to me -- he sounds human with his reaction here, even with the way the piece was edited. He was laughing about it, and also a bit like "darn, there goes one of my best jokes." I mean, he WAS the most successful American Idol non-winner for a LONG time, and so there probably was a bit of disappointment that he can't say that anymore. It's not that he's not wanting Jennifer to have the title, but it was a part of his life for a while to be able to say that. I think it's actually pretty cool that he's trying to be upfront with his feelings over it.

And yes, with that paragraph, I've read WAY TOO MUCH into what he said. Slap me, OK?

I do understand the frustration with the fact that the entertainment news would focus on the envy from the interview. But I also understand why they did it. Jennifer is the IT girl now. Everyone is talking about her...and for Clay to make that admission is huge and quite a compliment for Jennifer. The truth is, I think the only reason theay even covered that is because he did mention Jen.

After reading here from overnight, I went and watched the Insider clip again. Nope, I still can't see "diva." First of all, I guess I don't understand exactly what makes what he said diva-like, and therefore, I'm not sure what the definition of the word is. Is it because he could be considered "throwing a fit" over this situation?

Honestly, to me -- he sounds human with his reaction here, even with the way the piece was edited. He was laughing about it, and also a bit like "darn, there goes one of my best jokes." I mean, he WAS the most successful American Idol non-winner for a LONG time, and so there probably was a bit of disappointment that he can't say that anymore. It's not that he's not wanting Jennifer to have the title, but it was a part of his life for a while to be able to say that. I think it's actually pretty cool that he's trying to be upfront with his feelings over it.

ITA. I know the focus on this issue may be hard for Clay fans because he does portray himself in the down position. BUT I bet for non CLay fans...and even for me... that little clip made him so endearingly human. It also was very undiva like behavior cos Diva's would not readily admit that they are not the top banana. But here Clay readily acknowledges Jennifers success...and I think that should be seen as a big compliment to Jen and shows Clay as a guy with the right perspective.

ITA. I know the focus on this issue may be hard for Clay fans because he does portray himself in the down position. BUT I bet for non CLay fans...and even for me... that little clip made him so endearingly human. It also was very undiva like behavior cos Diva's would not readily admit that they are not the top banana. But here Clay readily acknowledges Jennifers success...and I think that should be seen as a big compliment to Jen and shows Clay as a guy with the right perspective.

I agree. I also wonder just how many non-fans even give this whole thing a moment's thought! I mean, the Clay fans, some of the Clay fans, dissect and analyze every word written or spoken about or by Clay within an inch of its life. Most regular people don't do that. Something like what he said about Jennifer Hudson barely registers on their radar unless they are fans of Clay or fans of Jennifer.

Sometimes in our insular little Clay world we forget that the vast majority of the real world really doesn't think about Clay that much - if at all.

the vast majority of the real world really doesn't think about Clay that much - if at all.

I read the words you wrote, but I can't quite get the concept.... Not think about Clay? How can that be? HA!

BWAH!

Speaking of the topic in question...and this one DID get my goat for a bit...here's People magazine's take on his comments yesterday. Most of the article is fairly straightforward, with quoting what Clay said on GMA yesterday in regards to Jennifer. However, the first paragraph....I'm going to quote the paragraph and bold the phrase that pissed me off a bit:

So much for one big happy Idol family! During a Good Morning America appearance Thursday to promote his work as a UNICEF ambassador, Clay Aiken forgot all about diplomacy and admitted to Diane Sawyer that, yes, he's green with envy over Jennifer Hudson's success.

:excuseme:

Talk about "leading the audience." Sheesh! Oooooo, a fight between Clay and Jennifer. Can we say "context?" Obviously, this writer couldn't.

Sometimes, the media just sucks, you know?

well yeah it was not very diplomatic because he showed that he has a human side...that he can feel envy for what others have. It is not your usual stiff upper lip answer that he is very happy for her success...He ceratinly showed that he was personally affected by her success...but the laughter and humor he showed meant he was fine with it. Too bad of course the people blurb didn't show that. But as Claygasm said...most people won;t be looking at the text too closely.

He certainly give interesting answers that attracts all the media buzz.

eta: oops I read the whole text and they did put in the whole quote...I don;t think it was bad at all...the headline is tabloidish and meant to attract attention but its nothing for the scandal king...heh

well yeah it was not very diplomatic because he showed that he has a human side...that he can feel envy for what others have. It is not your usual stiff upper lip answer that he is very happy for her success...He ceratinly showed that he was personally affected by her success...but the laughter and humor he showed meant he was fine with it. Too bad of course the people blurb didn't show that. But as Claygasm said...most people won;t be looking at the text too closely.

He certainly give interesting answers that attracts all the media buzz.

eta: oops I read the whole text and they did put in the whole quote...I don;t think it was bad at all...the headline is tabloidish and meant to attract attention but its nothing for the scandal king...heh

And the picture they used is a good one! Now that's important!

ETA:: And you wonder why Clay's fans have the reputation they do....... I just read on another board that people are writing letters complaining about the People blurb!!!!! :what_d_fuck:

Edited by Claygasm

And you wonder why Clay's fans have the reputation they do....... I just read on another board that people are writing letters complaining about the People blurb!!!!! :what_d_fuck:

Sigh...frustrating and predictable...

found this on CH:

I just pulled up my yahoo home page and they had streaming video of Clay answering viewer qustions live. Unfortunately I only saw the last couple of minutes and they went on to Presidential candidates. Did anyone else see this?

ETA:

He talked about Unicef Trick-or-treat, said he visited about five schools last year.

Said he doesn't plan to write a song about Uganda. Stephen Curtis Chapman went there right after Clay. Stephen should write the song.

What three thing would he want on a desert island: Breyer's Peach ice cream, his cellphone, and a helicopter to get off the island.

I just pulled up my yahoo home page and they had streaming video of Clay answering viewer qustions live. Unfortunately I only saw the last couple of minutes and they went on to Presidential candidates. Did anyone else see this?

ETA:

He talked about Unicef Trick-or-treat, said he visited about five schools last year.

Said he doesn't plan to write a song about Uganda. Stephen Curtis Chapman went there right after Clay. Stephen should write the song.

What three thing would he want on a desert island: Breyer's Peach ice cream, his cellphone, and a helicopter to get off the island.

I hope this will appear somewhere else with some notice!

I just stumbled upon this montage at You Tube. Some nice pictures. The song is actually by Katherine McPhee and its very pretty.

Isn't using a song by Kat on a Clay montage treason? I mean, it might make some people buy her album instead of his! <snark>

OK, I guess I'm going to put myself out there with this opinion, so be it.

I think the "diva", "pissy diva" or any similar descriptors of Clay sometimes are the ones that bug me the most, whether it be from media or fans. Why? First off, it is a descriptor that is usually applied to females,

think, Diana Ross, Bette Midler, Barbra, Celine and various opera singers, I have rarely heard it attached to any other guy.

Also, some of the circumstances where Clay was described as a "diva", seemed to me would have been instances that would have set just about any human being off.

The coke machine at the United Center: wouldn't any performer be pretty upset for their audience, if their mic was off during their performance?

The, they gave him Pepsi and he wanted Coke, or vis versa, wasn't the same thing said about Josh Groban,

almost word for word

The teacher thing at Sewell: I don't know if we'll ever know the whole story here, but we know when it comes to kids and teachers, Clay pretty much always treats them with respect, so again, if he had a negative reaction, it was probably provoked.

His ryder (is that how it's spelled) during his tour, has been printed more than once, with reference to the no Evian water, and as far as fans have been able to surmise, that goes back to it IT, where it was Kelly who requested no Evian. And from even the little I know about show business, it looked to me like Clay's ryder was not very demanding at all. He mainly requested that they not have things that would kill him.

This latest kid at the Greensboro concert, when I thought about that one, I thought, if Clay was going to allow non Christmas songs during his Christmas Concert, he could have sung songs from his most recent album himself, but he was trying to maintain the continuity of the concert. Would anything have been said of Tony Bennett or Michael Buble if the same had happened at one of their concerts? Probably not.

Comments from DJs because of missed interviews or fans at meet and greets, well who knows what their expectations were. Personnally, I don't think Clay has ever treated any DJ with less respect than they have treated him, and fans.. there's a broad level of expectations here, some are happy with a smile and some expect a lot more. Of course now we know about the anxiety.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Clay, he said in that first lengthy interview with Diane Sawyer, that he had a temper, my husband has a temper, Russell Crowe has a temper, actually I think we all have one. I think we each have different limits we can be pushed before it surfaces. I'm a pretty mild mannered person, but if even half of the things they have said about Clay had been said about me, I think I would have gone all Tyra Banks on them a long time ago.

Anyway I had to get that off my chest, I see "diva" thrown around pretty loosely, and it's one of those things that just makes me bristle. Especially to see it used as a description "some" may see from something as innocent as his statement about Jennifer Hudson. He was nothing but complimentary to her.

OK, I'm done now. Carry on

P.S. This thing took me forever to post, I even went and got my haircut, came back and finished it. Things have probably moved way on from last nights "diva" concerns..... oh well

Too many people are too close to see things in reality. A lot of the fans have put Clay on too much of a pedestal - there are fansthat seem to forgive anything (KCE, Brintney fans, etc.) and then there are Clay fans that insist taht he have and do everything exactly the way they want it to be. Sometimes he does it a lot better (AI5 appearance and it takes a long time for fanst o stop complaining and actually see a good thing.

I like to see Clay as human and gfalibale, and doingthe best he can. I see people like Paris Hilton as a usleless troublemaker. I do hold Clay to a higher standard than her, but not more than every one.

I believe in letting him breathe and supporting him and buying his stuff and going to concerts and reading about him, voting in some polls - Isn't that what a fan is supposed to do, rather than complain all the time (brintney fans can be excused on this case).

Okay, if you click on this page on abcnews.com, about halfway down the page it has "Today's Schedule" and the "Be Seen, Be Heard" segments with Clay are showing up at 3:05PM, 6:05PM, and 9:05PM, all EST. If you click on "Video" at the menu at the top left side of the page, a player opens. One of the options on the player looks like it is the "Be Seen, Be Heard" videos - however, I can't get to them on my work computer. I hope someone can check them out. I neeeed to see this video....

And the picture they used is a good one! Now that's important!

As they say in Minnesota -- "yeahsureyabetcha." (That's a nod to my husband, who is from the cold and wintery state....0

ETA:: And you wonder why Clay's fans have the reputation they do....... I just read on another board that people are writing letters complaining about the People blurb!!!!! :what_d_fuck:

Oh for Pete's sake. I wasn't thrilled about the way they wrote the piece, but I didn't see anything that made me so furious that I had to vent to the writer in question. I don't understand why people can't CHOOSE to let things like that go....

found this on CH:

ETA:

I've never seen anything like that before via Yahoo, and I have it as my home page at home. I hope someone can get it, and get it somewhere available for download. This sounds like it might be pretty cool.

Isn't using a song by Kat on a Clay montage treason? I mean, it might make some people buy her album instead of his! <snark>

:funnypost:

That actually was a very nice montage, and the first time I've actually heard Kat sing. That's a cool song!

OK, I guess I'm going to put myself out there with this opinion, so be it.

I think the "diva", "pissy diva" or any similar descriptors of Clay sometimes are the ones that bug me the most, whether it be from media or fans. Why? First off, it is a descriptor that is usually applied to females,

think, Diana Ross, Bette Midler, Barbra, Celine and various opera singers, I have rarely heard it attached to any other guy.

Also, some of the circumstances where Clay was described as a "diva", seemed to me would have been instances that would have set just about any human being off.

Sister atinal, can I get an "AMEN!" I've never found the designation "diva" flattering for him, even though I think some fans do. They get hot and bothered by the idea of Pissy!Diva!Clay!, while I just roll my eyes a lot when he gets accused of that. If you feel hot and bothered by that image of Clay, that's fine -- it's just not me. And, as I said earlier, this whole thing with Jennifer didn't strike me as even something that he was upset about, let alone get accused of acting up about the whole thing as a diva would.

I sometimes just don't understand.

Thanks bottlecap, but I don't see it for 3:05 p.m. Shoot....maybe tonight though....and I'll see if I can get it to work....can't cap it though....

Okay, if you click on this page on abcnews.com, about halfway down the page it has "Today's Schedule" and the "Be Seen, Be Heard" segments with Clay are showing up at 3:05PM, 6:05PM, and 9:05PM, all EST. If you click on "Video" at the menu at the top left side of the page, a player opens. One of the options on the player looks like it is the "Be Seen, Be Heard" videos - however, I can't get to them on my work computer. I hope someone can check them out. I neeeed to see this video....

Bottle, I think I read at the CH that this was a subscription site.

Edited by atinal

WHo said it? Don't remember but the word "context" screamed out at me. That's exactly what got my goat about the Insider clip. There was no context. In that clip the only thing used was (after a text on screen saying "Aiken Envy")..him saying he was jealous and wasn't going to be the most successful loser anymore. That was ALL---no mention of his congratulations to her or that she deserved it and should win the Academy Award, no laughter heard afterwards...

The E! put his jealous/second place again words in the context and included his other words of admiration for Jennifer and happiness in her success, so you knew he was being self-deprecating and lighthearted. Sounds like the People blurb included the context, too, so the fans who are 'writing' to complain probably shouldn't.(Duh)..

I agree with the "diva" word choice issue. In fact, I posted about that very thing somewhere when that interview with DAUGHTRY! was linked somewhere and he came off sounding very big-headed and full of himself (IMO)...I said it will be interesting to see if the word 'diva' is ever used for HIM if/when the media want to make something of his behavior. It has always been used for Clay; I don't recall hearing it in reference to other male celebrities, though. Since Chris has this 'psuedo-rocker' image, let's take bets that 'diva' won't be the word used in print. A much more masculine word will be chosen.

blahblahblah, etc. :rolleyes:

On to more crucial things...like how the hell can the eHP afford to stay in the hotel I'm told they're staying in? :huh: Hell, I might just have to bring a blanket and camp out on the street if those prices are all I have to choose from. :P

Conference is going well...about time for lunch so gotta go make sure all my little attendees are well taken care of. Oh, hubby got home safe and sound from the ice storm in Atlanta and now is with my little girls. Whew! It was odd knowing they were without at least one of us for one night, but Alex said everything was "cool"...

Bottle, I think I read at the CH that this was a subscription site.

Yes, after digging a bit and clicking over the site, I discovered this as well (although YOU GET THE FIRST MONTH FREE!!). Knowing the fandom though -- someone will think it worth the subscription fee. It looks though as if they may load the clips later into the player individually.

Glad to hear from muski!

Well here's a quick and dirty yet humble offering to the Parade of Scandal stories. Hopefully K'andre is still interested in working on this with me since her stories are fabuloso. I was just having fun:

CLAY AIKEN HAS ALIEN SEX!!!!

Exclusive-Clay talks about his REAL sex life in this week’s National Enquirer after being caught on webcam having conversation with aliens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of our most trusted sources caught up with the Idol phenom and nabbed this interview:

Q: What are you doing talking to aliens?

A: T’ain’t nothin’, I was getting weird signals coming out of my Mac Powerbook and to my surprise, these very nice aliens were trying to get a hold of me.

Q: What did they want with you?

A; Well, you can check out the transcripts for yourself, but basically I am their prime breeder for healthier and better looking children over there.

Q: How did they pick you?

A: They watch American Idol as well over there on Xantar. They thought Ruben looked too “human”. They said that I looked like them, only better. Their classic ideal of beauty. They asked me if I’d donate for the survival of their race. They even asked me to show them my hands- they couldn’t believe it, long and pointy fingers, just like theirs!

Q: So you are a “donor” so to speak for aliens?

A: That’s right. That woman that was belly achin’ about having my love child was actually one of them that got emotionally involved. She is no longer in the program.

Q: So you might say, that “somewhere out there” are little “Aikliens” running around right now?

A: That’s right. In fact, that song was meant for them. I’m proud to do this in addition to my UNICEF and BAF work.

Q; How many Aikliens have you spawned?

A: Let’s see, well, I’d say at least a thousand. They are always requesting for more. They just won’t leave me alone! In fact, they inspired the song “Here You Come Again”, featured on my latest album.

Q: What about all those other stories running around about you?

A: Unfortunately, those were propagated by the same sad souls that were rejected by the Xantar Project , as they call it, due to inferior brain size as well as other body parts. They’re just jealous. :medium-smiley-070:

I already submitted my poem!!

Edited by Divayenta

Sometimes in our insular little Clay world we forget that the vast majority of the real world really doesn't think about Clay that much - if at all.

Work's been insanely busy, lately. Much of it is away from the office (without computer access), and often, I don't get home until 1:30 am. So, I haven't had much time to read the boards or watch any Clack. It'll continue this way throughout much of February, so if you don't see me online, that's the reason.

Whenever I have such periods, the quote above really holds true. In the last few weeks, I haven't really run into anything Clay-related, and I'm a bit sensitive to it. I don't think he's obscure, just not top-of-mind for everyone. Not every bit of gossip reaches everyone, which is, quite frankly, rather reassuring. The world is broad and wide, and contrary to what some fans may think, it does not revolve around Clay Aiken.

BTW: Congratulations on those getting Kimmel and Gala tickets!

Apropos of nothing: One thing I have done recently is listen to ATDW, something I actually hadn't done for a couple of months. What struck me was how much I really do love the album. So many have denigrated it because the sales aren't where they want it to be, but it really is a lovely piece of work. Sometimes, a little distance from the day-to-day analysis and grievance can be a good thing.

Anyway, I don't know how much I'll be able to post in the next month or so. Just know that I peek in from time to time and am thinking of you all. It's good to have a place where I can find news presented in a positive manner, where I don't have to wade through pages of angst and bitterness to find the silver lining.

Divayenta Bwah, great job

KAndre I loved your's as well, all of them

Jenna and Claygasm Of course you're right, My little "diva" rant has just built up over time I think

Bottle, thanks for the info on the Clay questions, good to know we'll be able to see them

Glad you could check in JennaZ -- I was a bit worried about you!

Belly Aiken from the CH got the ABC video with the questions - 13 minutes - :nana:

:rainbowsmile::rainbowsmile::rainbowsmile:

applauds Diva...

Since I plan to be home before 10 tonight, I think we can get baby pictures of our little Aikliens!

Aikliens! Priceless! Some of the Aikliens will have spiky hair, while others have the longer do, correct? Heh.

Divayenta -- :hahaha::funny::hahaha::funny: