#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

roseviolet, is it possible to listen to your station without signing up for the membership? I have tried to listen a couple of times, and it seems to shut off after about a song or so. I haven't poked around the site enough to be really familiar with how it works...

I'm going to forward TBAF the list of names I have so far for our beta alpha chapter on MONDAY. If you want to be included, please do the following:

You can either PM me or email me at admin@findingclayaiken.com the following information:

Name

email address

city

state

Of course this isn't your only opportunity to join the chapter. YOu can do so at any time on the TBAF website once they have us listed.

Go Indianapolis!! Any super bowl parties going on today?

No superbowl party but I do try and check it out. I have decided to cheer for the colts...and My Hubby is choosing the underdog Chicago.

so its Prince for Half time...who is singing SSB?

roseviolet, is it possible to listen to your station without signing up for the membership? I have tried to listen a couple of times, and it seems to shut off after about a song or so. I haven't poked around the site enough to be really familiar with how it works...

Yes, you should be able to listen without signing up. You won't be able to rate the songs without registering, however registering is free. For problems listening, you might find this page helpful.

No superbowl party but I do try and check it out. I have decided to cheer for the colts...and My Hubby is choosing the underdog Chicago.

Hubby and I are having a Super Bowl party, without the crowd -- just the two of us. But the chili is cooking, the shrimp are thawed, the cocktail sauce made...isn't this the reason to have a party -- the food?

Even though I live 3 hours from Chicago -- Go Colts! *g*

Billy Joel is doing the SSB.

FootballKimmel.jpg

Superbowl? I'll be tuned in for the commercials. Otherwise, eh, it's all about pizza and chips and whatnot.

roseviolet, I registered at Live365 and will see if that makes a difference. I caught the end of "California Dreamin'", which since it is 4 degrees here with a wind chill of -18 degrees, seemed appropriate.

That would be Billy Joel. You can read all about it here.

I am bored. Doing laundry and cleaning does not qualify as entertainment.

I can't say I find the Super Bowl enetertaining either. But I am rooting for Da Bears. Why? Because I always back a loser. I'm from Philadelphia - need I say more?????

Maybe I'll wash my hair for some excitement!

What's that saying...god don't like ugly. I've spent the weekend reloading my ipod using various and sundry illeg..uh file sharing sites. And what do I discover when I go check my yahoo email account? Just a warning from my FCA server that I was almost out of bandwidth for the month? Heh? I'm never out of bandwidth for the month. After some handy dandy investigating I find out that almost 20 freaking GBs have been stolen from me from Bryan Adams fans..cuz I got 2 freaking mp3s in my clayventures deposit bin. Links to FCA are on 4 different music file sharing sites. I of course have promptly deleted them but if FCA disappears in a few days you'll know why cuz I am not paying them 2 cents/mb for extra bandwidth. Crap!

Yeeks, Couchie, is there anything we need to be doing to cut down on bandwidth usage on the message board side - like no pictures and gifs and whatnot? I'm pretty clueless, but I'd hate to lose the board for most of the month, especially with Kimmel coming up.

Ok, just have to jump in here to say that I am amused at the discussion of the term "Claymate on another board by so many who hate the term because it is so similar to "Playmate" because that term is so derisive to women. However, their next comment might be telling SLC how much they love the "ass shot" of Clay. :funny:

Edited by atinal

Yeeks, Couchie, is there anything we need to be doing to cut down on bandwidth usage on the message board side - like no pictures and gifs and whatnot? I'm pretty clueless, but I'd hate to lose the board for most of the month, especially with Kimmel coming up.

sorry...it's not the board I'm talking about, The board is completey separate.

I think Clay was uncomfortable with the term in the beginning but it's part of pop culture now and the last thing I want or need is for clay to spend time correcting everyone who used the terms because it is here to stay...many many of his fans will just turn around and use it on themselves anyway. I really have no problem with it, always thought it was cute. But I can understand why people don't like it. What I really don't undestand is how claymate got linked to blinkie lights and over the top fans only. That's kind of insulting to me as someone who likes the term..

Ok, just have to jump in here to say that I am amused at the discussion of the term "Claymate on another board by so many who hate the term because it is so similar to "Playmate" because that term is so derisive to women. However, their next comment might be telling SLC how much they love the "ass shot" of Clay. :funny:

Yup the irony is totally not lost on me. And besides...do we think calling themselves clay fans alone will negate all the cra...enthusiastic behavior we display about Clay??? Nah!!! Just own it and have fun...don;t worry about labels. They only hurt you if you let it.

I've never liked the term "Claymate" and have to admit to cringing a little if someone were to refer to me that way. I am just a Clay fan. However, the term "Claymate" is here to stay whether we like it or not, so I'll deal. There are bigger things to get up in arms about than that!

Edited by Claygasm

I am pulling for the Colts strictly because of Peyton being from Mississippi and playing at Tennessee (although I am a Georgia Bulldawg personally). The Mannings are like Southern legend in football in the South. You know us cra excuse me enthusiatic fans in the south, we love our football and Nascar. So I guess I am an oddety, I love football, Nascar and Clay, with Clay leading the pack of the three of them.

It is a cold miserable day in Georgia, trying to rain, not raining, but it is definitely cold by our standards, but not as cold as some of you poor people living with -0 degrees. I will pray for all of you that ya'll stay warm and safe with the snow, ice, slush, winds and anything else comes out of the sky.

But it's :allgood: and I am sending lots of :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: to everyone along with lots of :elephanthugs: and this is for Bottle. I just can't help myself.

:3:

When I first heard the term "Claymate," I thought it clever. OK, maybe a bit sexist, but then...I kinda liked being compared to a young, stacked female. *g* I'm at the point where I don't really care -- I don't call myself a Claymate, but I don't have a cow when someone calls me one either. Clay seems to be OK with the term as well.

The Super Bowl commercials are rather violent, aren't they? But I loved Oprah and Letterman together....

I have not payed a whole lot of attention to the commercials as of yet. Just saw the last Coke commercial and it was kinda of violent. The Go Daddy commercial was stupid and a little cheesy, but that is what Go Daddy is about. LOL.

I am doing this to my computer right now :badpc: It is trying to crash again. Can't have that right now. To much clack coming down the pipeline in the next few weeks and months.

Hey, all! Well, spent some fun "catchin' up" with my first friend I got to know through the ClayNation. She drove down here to spend the night and we had a blast. We talked about how very cool it is that we've (the collective we including all of us here) made friends all over the country because of Clay...in that way, at least, it really can be called the ClayNation, can't it?

That danged eye thing is coming back again...This thing better not be bugging me when I go to Kimmel, damn it.

I'm sitting here in my room and clicked around to find the game and stumbled across American Idol Rewind...got a group from Season 1...wow. They sound awful. And it's weird to hear the judges the way they were in those first seasons==Randy is cool and dawg and down with it; Paula is ethereal, sweet, smiley and huh?; Simon is brutally honest and has lots of hair and never smiles.

But friends. These people can't sang. :wacko::blink:

The KIng has played and killed! The most talented, musical man around. I give you, the Purple One, Prince! Damn, he had me screamin' and cryin'. I love that man. Bring back the music, Prince.

Hey, K- :F_05BL17blowkiss: are you still planning to call me tonight? If not just let me know, darlin'. Love ya sis.

Man, Prince is one talented dude.

Yeah, but I can't figure out why he was singing a Foo Fighters song in the middle of things there. The marching band rawked. I was little concerned for Prince's dancing hoochies in their stiletto boots on the wet stage. I would have been flat on my arse for sure.

missed Prince, I was watching grease.

Claymate - hate with a thousand suns. I remember how it developed and the people that pushed it (not the people who created it fortheir board) and the people who didn't want it. I guess if someone said all claymates line up here for a free autograph, I would not get in that line. It rubs me the wrong way, makes my skin crawl and I cringe when ever Clay says it, but that is just my opinion and I can respect others like ---->attitude20.gif

Edited by playbiller

Man, Prince is one talented dude.

YUP...one of the most enjoyable halftime shows ever.

the stage was almost empty except for prince a few dancers and the band...ooooh yeah the marching band was cool...very classy and back to basics kind of show. BUT he sure earned his pay tonight...I would be so nervous performing like that with my electirc guitar in the rain...

the game has been exciting so far.

I am going for the COLTS!!!

Prince rawked the house. That was awesome, and I loved the marching band -- looks like they were having a blast! "Purple Rain" was never my favorite song, but damn, that was fitting tonight. Foo Fighters song? Missed that. Loved hearing "Proud Mary" and "All Along the Watchtower" though.

My husband, a Prince hater, even found it very entertaining. (My husband is originally from Minneapolis, and saw first hand many instances of Prince exhibiting what my hubby would call "diva like" behavior during Prince's heyday. Yes, he would use those words too....)

This is a pretty good game too....